You have 9 free articles left today, enjoy reading.
The medias efforts to glorify morbid obesity as beauty and the push for the so-called Health At Every Size (HAES) and body positivity movements have been met with resistance from fitness guru Jillian Michaels and others in the fitness scene. The latest influencer to take on the unhealthy lifestyle, Xiaxue, is now the subject of social media cancellation after she spoke out against the horrendous practice.
The popular Singaporean YouTuber and influencer, whose real name is Wendy Cheng, mocked the unhealthy standard after a post glorifying a morbidly obese model trended on Instagram.
Its one thing to be chubby or fat but this is way past that. Most morbidly obese people dont live past 40. They gorge themselves with 30 burgers a day and when they inevitably get a clogged artery or diabetes taxpayers have to help foot their medical bills when their health conditions are entirely caused by their irresponsible behavior, she wrote. Disgusting. The morbidly obese (like this woman) should never have been seen as attractive because death and disease isnt attractive full stop. Irresponsibility isnt attractive.
Even when they die [they] need 3 [people] to carry the corpse please, she joked. Fucking stop glorifying this shit @instagram, shame on you.
The post, which was widely reported by offended social justice activists, was deleted by Instagram for harassment. Fat activists are now mocking Xiaxue for undergoing plastic surgery and have called upon each other to report her account in an effort to suspend her.
Xiaxue has continued to call out morbid obesity in a series of posts and videos decrying the Instagram communitys double standards in enforcing its harassment policy. In screenshotted DMs, Xiaxue captured the vitriol sent to her by numerous social justice activists, many of which called her fatphobic.
Skinny people die from stroke and diseases too lmao. I hope u die one day, wrote one user named soft.sapphire.
Explaining herself, Xiaxue wrote that she wasnt fat shaming anyone and that she was expressing concern about the glorification of morbid obesity.
What concerns me is that the media is constantly glorifying morbid obesity, trying to say its perfectly attractive (which we all know it isnt). Its fine to have an eating disorder. But we dont glorify anorexia as being sexy so why the other end of the spectrum? Both are really unhealthy, she wrote. If you see your friend get addicted to smoking which will slowly kill him will you tell him his lifestyle is perfectly acceptable and his behavior is beautiful? No, you tell him to stop or reduce. So why isnt it OK to say that morbidly obese people should not obstinately be PROUD of their size and should do something about it?
Its OK to love and accept someone whatever size they are, but being the rough size and shape of Jupiter should NOT be glorified, Xiaxue continued. If people cannot get the difference and think this is the same as fat shaming then so be it, I refuse to pretend that being so big you cant even get out of bed and you cant even wipe your own arse is fine and dandy because its disgusting and unhealthy.
Xiaxue continued in a separate post: Why is it my business and why must I be so mean? Why cant I let these people be deluded and happy? Because I dont think we should encourage obesity, which is a disease. I think people weighing 500lbs should go on a freaking diet instead of living in a delusion held up by enablers that the fatter they are the braver they are and the more beautiful they are, she said. They need to know the truth and that is that people arent fatphobic if they find obesity unattractive. Its natural to want to breed with healthy people to ensure the survival of your kids. No matter how you try to drum the beauty of obesity into our minds, it will never work.
So stop lying to yourself. You are being selfish [because] you want to look kind online and feel good about being nice. But your lies are harming people, she concluded.
As Ive previously written on Twitter, theres no such thing as fatphobia. Its just another one of those terms designed to pathologize the natural dislike of obesity as a form of mental illnessas if youre abnormal for preferring fitness and health.
The postmodern left uses science-y sounding faux clinical terms designed to validate and normalize unhealthy lifestyles, degeneracy and inhumanity while disenfranchising decency as a social constructas if what they promote arent social constructs from a counter-narrative.
There are firm biological foundations to preexisting social constructsfitness primary among them. If youre physically and/or mentally unfit, youre a burden to society and everyone around you. Period.
- Detox Products Market Obesity and Alcohol Addiction to Drive Growth in the Market - TMR Research Blog - March 27th, 2020
- Leptin Levels are Associated with Subclinical Cardiac Dysfunction in O | DMSO - Dove Medical Press - March 27th, 2020
- Wisconsin organization seeks to combat increasing obesity rate - The Badger Herald - March 27th, 2020
- Obesity and stigma: A woman's journey to a healthy lifestyle - The New Times - March 26th, 2020
- COVID-19 Warning: Being Overweight Or Obese Ups Your Risk Of Dying From Coronavirus - International Business Times - March 26th, 2020
- Kallyope Gains $112M to Move Gut-Brain Axis Programs to the Clinic - Xconomy - March 26th, 2020
- America's Obesity Problem, By the Numbers - Oddee - March 26th, 2020
- OBESITY MANAGEMENT MARKET TRENDS, STRONG APPLICATION SCOPE, KEY PLAYERS, GROWTH OVERVIEW AND FORECAST BY 2027 - Packaging News 24 - March 26th, 2020
- Coronavirus and obesity: industry urged to act post-crisis - FoodNavigator.com - March 25th, 2020
- Microbial signatures identified in the liver, adipose tissue and blood of people with obesity and diabetes - Gut Microbiota for Health - March 25th, 2020
- Obesity Rates Increasing in India - Star of Mysore - March 25th, 2020
- Understanding and Solving the Problem of Childhood Obesity - Chiang Rai Times - March 25th, 2020
- Science Proved Drinking Coffee Helps Improve Brain Functioning and Slow Aging. Now Research Shows Coffee Can Also Help You Lose Weight and Body Fat -... - March 25th, 2020
- Disease Connection Answers May Exist within this Arizona Tribe - Michigan Medicine - March 25th, 2020
- Letter: Lets use this as an opportunity to fight obesity - Deseret News - March 25th, 2020
- Higher daily step count linked with lower all-cause mortality - National Institutes of Health - March 25th, 2020
- Your letters to the editor: Treat golf fairly like other activities - Madison.com - March 25th, 2020
- Neuropeptide Y knockdown in the dorsomedial hypothalamus improved basal and obesity-induced decrease in bone mass density. - Physician's Weekly - March 25th, 2020
- Excess Sugar Intake Increases Risk Of Death Irrespective Of Your Weight: Study - NDTV Food - March 25th, 2020
- Dr. HE Obesity Clinic: Weight loss clinic in Turkey - Treatment Abroad - March 25th, 2020
- Overcoming the influences of childhood obesity | Agriculture - Victoria Advocate - March 22nd, 2020
- Walking more linked with lower blood pressure - Medical News Today - March 22nd, 2020
- Heres Why You Should Be Drinking Plenty Of Water During The Coronavirus Lockdown - Forbes - March 22nd, 2020
- Obese Kids More Exposed to Anxiety And Depression - Read The Report - India.com - March 22nd, 2020
- Overweight and obesity among the boys of primary public schools of Baish City in Jazan Province, Saudi Arabia: A cross-sectional study. - Physician's... - March 21st, 2020
- New research links obesity in childhood to a higher risk of anxiety, depression, and early death - msnNOW - March 21st, 2020
- Technology Is Making Our Youth Stressed, Lonely, Narcissistic And Digitally Obese - Forbes - March 21st, 2020
- Excess sugar may kill you early whether you're obese or not - India New England - March 21st, 2020
- Spine Implant Industry Assessment 2020-2024 - Spike in Obese Population, Growing Number of Spinal Cord Injuries - Yahoo Finance - March 21st, 2020
- HTN-Related Mortality Particularly Dire in the Rural South - MedPage Today - March 21st, 2020
- Indian Food And Beverage Companies Showing Nutrition Commitment - Outlook India - March 21st, 2020
- Consumption of added sugar may lead to early death, but not because it causes obesity - Study - Times Now - March 21st, 2020
- With Dog Obesity Becoming More Prevalent Is A Whole Food Diet The Answer? - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- Theres Still Only One Effective Treatment For Obesity, And Its Life-Saving - Forbes - March 19th, 2020
- What is the mechanism behind high blood pressure in obesity? - Medical News Today - March 19th, 2020
- Plans to open takeaway pizza shop in Whiston rejected over childhood obesity concerns - St Helens Reporter - March 19th, 2020
- Solving obesity: Could manipulating microbes offer an alternative to weight loss surgery? - ASU Now - March 19th, 2020
- New in bariatric surgery: Saint Anne's Hospital offers region's first robotic-assisted surgery option - Fall River Herald News - March 19th, 2020
- 16.03.2020 Exposure to ozone increases risk of obesity and diabetes - AirQualityNews - March 19th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Severely obese warned they are among people most 'at-risk' from infection - Mirror Online - March 19th, 2020
- TikTok reportedly buried posts from 'ugly, poor, obese and disabled users' - New York Post - March 19th, 2020
- From Starvation to Obesity: Charting the History of Nutrition in America - The Great Courses Daily News - March 19th, 2020
- The takeaway that wants to be healthy by stealth - The Guardian - March 19th, 2020
- The Exercise Training Modulatory Effects on the Obesity-Induced Immuno | DMSO - Dove Medical Press - March 19th, 2020
- Teen health is focus of new weight loss center at Tower Health - Reading Eagle - March 19th, 2020
- Discovered: Why obesity causes high blood pressure -- and potential ways to fix it - Newswise - March 12th, 2020
- Jeremy Clarkson Called Out For His Controversial Comments On Obesity In Column - Grand Tour Nation - March 12th, 2020
- Determinants of overweight/obesity among reproductive age group women in Ethiopia: multilevel analysis of Ethiopian demographic and health survey. -... - March 12th, 2020
- Researchers call for food education curriculum to combat childhood obesity - EducationHQ - March 12th, 2020
- Wonder Women: Rise of the Obesity Warriors - ETHealthworld.com - March 12th, 2020
- What Will Be the Most Costly Medical Conditions In 10 Years? - Managed Healthcare Executive - March 12th, 2020
- This Dietitian Wants to Burn Diet Culture to the Ground - Outside - March 12th, 2020
- Obesity: Reverse This Complex Disease By Having 2 Glasses Orange Juice Everyday - International Business Times - March 12th, 2020
- New app created to tackle child obesity - Derry Now - March 12th, 2020
- Pounds gained in mid-life could later weigh heavily on lungs - Reuters - March 12th, 2020
- Breathing dirty air could boost the risk of obesity, study - Tech Explorist - March 12th, 2020
- Can-Fite Says Preclinical Study Shows That Small Amounts Of CBD Can Help With Obesity - Benzinga - March 12th, 2020
- Loni Love Speaks Out After Backlash Over Comments On Black Womens Eating Habits - News One - March 12th, 2020
- Obesity rates on the rise in Eau Claire, statewide - WQOW TV News 18 - March 11th, 2020
- UVA Discovers Why Obesity Causes High Blood Pressure and Potential Ways to Stop It - University of Virginia - March 11th, 2020
- Free school dinners led to fall in childhood obesity rates - The Guardian - March 11th, 2020
- Miriams Big Fat Adventure review Margolyes chews the fat on obesity - The Guardian - March 11th, 2020
- Starting early is the key to easing the trajectory of childhood obesity, new study finds - The Sector - March 11th, 2020
- 10 Shameful Myths About Fat Women & Obesity You've Probably Always Believed Were True - YourTango - March 11th, 2020
- ANOTHER OPINION: Obesity rate remains long-term health concern - Goshen News - March 11th, 2020
- 'Helping no one': The role we all play in the obesity epidemic - Sydney Morning Herald - March 11th, 2020
- The Unequal Effect of Income on Risk of Overweight/Obesity of Whites and Blacks with Knee Osteoarthritis: the Osteoarthritis Initiative - DocWire News - March 11th, 2020
- Effects Of Obesity Mirrors That Of Aging - Anti Aging News - March 11th, 2020
- Donald Trump Shockingly At Risk For Coronavirus, Called Morbidly Obese Amid Health Fears - International Business Times - March 11th, 2020
- How Mason Jones Overcame Obesity To Nab SEC Co-Player of the Year Honors - Best of Arkansas Sports - March 11th, 2020
- How behavioral health is linked to obesity - WQOW TV News 18 - March 6th, 2020
- World Obesity Day - World Health Organization - March 6th, 2020
- Denver Among U.S. Cities With Lowest Obesity Rates, Study Finds - CBS Denver - March 6th, 2020
- Ending the obesity shame game - American Medical Association - March 6th, 2020
- CrossFit in China? Documentary explores growing trend all over Asia - South China Morning Post - March 6th, 2020
- article image Most overweight and obese cities in the US unveiled - Digital Journal - March 6th, 2020
- CDC: With Obesity Rising, Nearly Half of US Adults Now Obese - EthicsDaily.com - March 6th, 2020
- Opinion: Obesity should be viewed as a disease - Canada.com - March 6th, 2020
- LGBTQ Obesity: We Eat, Therefore We Die - Shepherd Express - March 6th, 2020
- Obesity rates to be tackled by council - Kent Online - March 6th, 2020