By John William
Between 2013 and 2016, the total number of adults who tried to lose weight was 49.1%. From weight loss supplements to taking admission in a fitness program, people try everything to achieve slim bodies.
Its now common knowledge that skipping meals is an unhealthy weight loss practice and receives heavy criticism from nutritionists and health experts. Though diet challenges are far from healthy, it is not advisable. But we have come up with great ideas such as choosing the right food and changing lifestyle to help you lose excess fats safely without losing the muscle mass.
With thisshort and easy-to-follow guide, weight loss is no big task for you.
1Watch Your Calorie Intake
Weight losshas a direct relationship with your calorie consumption. While a significantreduction in calorie intake is not realistic, health experts suggest cuttingout some calories from diet daily. If an adult cut 500 calories a day, he/shemight reduce one to two pounds at the end of the week. It looks like theeasiest way to cut calories is to skip a meal, but it leads to a significantdrop in blood sugar which is dangerous.
2Plan A Healthy Breakfast Routine
One thing that most people do to kick-start their weight loss journey is skipping the first meal of the day. Evidence suggests that skipping breakfast is bad for health and makes people hungrier. So, if youve skipped your breakfast, chances are higher for you to overeat at lunchtime. However, if you are really concerned about your meals, then make a bowl of whole-grain cereals in low-fat dairy mixed with fresh strawberries and cranberries. Moreover, you can learn some amazing breakfast recipes and encourage yourself to eat a healthy breakfast.
3Get More Steps In Your Day
Increasingyour step count is the most natural way to lose weight. If you are someone whodoesnt want to start a weight loss journey with intensive workouts, then gofor a walk daily. Go on a walk with a neighbor or walk to the mart to shop foryour groceries, a 15 to 30-minute walk is essential for weight loss andimproving your mental and physical health.
4Stop Weighing Yourself Daily
Our weightcan fluctuate daily depending on a number of factors including frequency ofbowel movement, hormonal changes, and fluid balance. A slight drop in weightmight encourage you, but the opposite makes sense as well. For this reason,people aiming to lose weight should not check their weight daily as it cancause anxiety, and you might end up binge-eating.
5Control your Stress
Most of thetime, its the stress that makes weight-loss tough for people. For some people,stress can cause weight loss, but for most people, it can cause weight gain.For example, when students are overly stressed due to the overwhelming burdenof assignments and exams, they eat high-fat calorie-rich foods such as fries,hamburger, chocolates, and cold drinks. By managing your stress, it is expectedthat you can reduce your cravings. Add some de-stressing exercises in yourroutine like yoga. If it doesnt work, visit a behavioral specialist.
6Go For Fiber & Protein-RichDiets
Instead ofskipping meals, put a full stop on your cravings with healthy and tummy-fillingmeals. Prepare protein- and fiber-rich meals as they can help you feel moresatisfied while being on a weight loss journey. Make sure that you evenlydistribute your fiber and protein intake evenly throughout the day.
7Go For Weight-Loss Friendly Snacks
Not all snacks are bad for you. Replace sodium-rich meals and carbs with healthy snacks to help you keep your resolutions like popcorn, nutrition bars, nuts, and dark chocolate. You can also prepare your own low-calorie easy-to-make snacks for munching during your favorite show at Netflix. Some examples include celery sticks with cheese dip, roasted salted chickpeas, yogurt banana dessert, hummus, oatmeal with walnuts and almonds, and homemade dry fruit trail mix.
8Shut The Kitchen Door
Set a timewhen you stop eating, preferably after your dinner so you wont go for a midnightsnack. A more favorable strategy is to make changes in your kitchen. For example,post sticky-notes on your refrigerator to remind yourself about yourresolution. This small activity will help you achieve a healthy mindset.Moreover, replace unhealthy foods such as chips, soda cans, candies, beverages,and ice cream with fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, lean protein, poultry eggs,and Greek yogurt.
9Learn About Portion Control
Portion control isnt really about eating a tiny portion of food. Instead, it is about differentiating between foods that you can consume plentifully and foods that you need to keep an eye on. To control your portion size, take a small plate, take veggies first, drink water before your meal, and eat slowly.
10Change Your Lifestyle
Perhaps themost critical factor responsible for your obesity is your sedentary lifestyle. Includingregular exercise will boost your metabolism and support your weight loss. Ifyoure interested in fast weight loss, then try aerobic exercises for 1 to 1.5hours. Regular cardio also improves heart health and could reduce your risk ofdiabetes. Try outdoor physical activities or some kind of sport.
Now, ifyouve finally decided to lose weight, make sure that you dont act desperately.Good things take time but remember nutrient-dense meals and healthy snackscombined with an active lifestyle can help you achieve your target only if youshow consistency with your efforts.
John William is a Business Development Officer at Crowd Writer in the UK. He likes to socialize with like-minded people and share his knowledge and experiences. In his free time, he likes to cook, travel, read and write. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness or nutritional program to determine if it is right for your needs. This publication offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read in this article. The use of any information provided in this article is solely at your own risk.
Here is the original post:
You Can Lose Weight Without Skipping Any Meals - monroviaweekly
- Fat loss lessons one man learned losing 140 pounds and keeping it off - Insider - INSIDER - May 30th, 2020
- Adele followed this diet to lose weight; heres how it works - The Indian Express - May 30th, 2020
- Meal replacement shakes: Can they help you lose weight, and who should use them? - CNET - May 30th, 2020
- The best way to lose weight for your body shape revealed from hour-glass to apple - The Sun - May 30th, 2020
- The truth about 'starvation mode' when you're trying to lose weight - Insider - INSIDER - May 30th, 2020
- Herbalife for Weight Loss: Should You Try It? - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 30th, 2020
- Sam Wood reveals 5 of the worst diet tips for weight loss in 2020 - 7NEWS.com.au - May 30th, 2020
- Weight loss: Eating more of this one food can help you lose belly fat - Express - May 30th, 2020
- From a living room in Queens to a global empire: how Weight Watchers took over the world - Telegraph.co.uk - May 30th, 2020
- Sip this cool detox water through the day to stay slim - Times of India - May 30th, 2020
- I've Lost 15 Pounds on the Noom Diet App, and Here's What I Eat in a Day - MSN Money - May 30th, 2020
- Mediterranean diet: Expert reveals how to lose weight without cutting out favourite foods - Express - May 30th, 2020
- The 5 diet mistakes youre probably making and top tips for weight loss - The Sun - May 30th, 2020
- Rockets Rumors: Eric Gordon Has Lost 12 Pounds in Hope of Preventing Injuries - Bleacher Report - May 30th, 2020
- 'Devastating': Hard-to-spot cancer means fit Newport man may have months to live - South Wales Argus - May 30th, 2020
- Malnutrition: Scotland's hidden food issue and how to spot the signs - The Courier - May 30th, 2020
- Chirk man wins Slimming World's Man of the Year after losing six stone - Border Counties Advertizer - May 30th, 2020
- Want to lose weight, get healthy and help the planet? The Zombie Apocalypse Diet could be for you - ABC News - May 27th, 2020
- Why Youre Not Losing Weight On Intermittent Fasting - Medical Daily - May 27th, 2020
- 'Fat burning zone'? The best way to exercise to burn fat - The Conversation UK - May 27th, 2020
- Why You're Losing Weight but Not Belly Fat - and What to Do About It - Yahoo News UK - May 27th, 2020
- Trying to lose weight? 6 drinks to help you shed the extra kilos - PINKVILLA - May 27th, 2020
- Daphne Oz Reveals 50-Pound Weight Loss 9 Months After Giving Birth - E! NEWS - May 27th, 2020
- Working out and not losing weight? 7 reasons why that weighing scale wont budge - PINKVILLA - May 27th, 2020
- Inside the village where a secret millionaire is paying locals to lose weight - Telegraph.co.uk - May 27th, 2020
- Lose weight before breakfast: want to know the best time of day to workout for maximum weight loss? - T3 - May 27th, 2020
- The medical Adele reveals the secret to her weight loss: it is not just exercise - Play Crazy Game - May 27th, 2020
- Simon Cowell to release vegan cookbook after losing 60lbs on a vegan diet - Vegan Food and Living - May 27th, 2020
- Raw Food Diet: Everything You Want to Know - Greatist - May 27th, 2020
- Life comes around once, live it fully and positively - Ahmedabad Mirror - May 27th, 2020
- Stoke-on-Trent sales manager with a sweet tooth loses four stone - and now his life is transformed - Stoke-on-Trent Live - May 27th, 2020
- Arshad Warsi loses 6 kilos in a month with Keto and Intermittent Fasting - Times of India - May 22nd, 2020
- Weight loss: How to burn belly fat in 4 weeks by eating these simple foods - Express - May 22nd, 2020
- Dont Comment On Anybodys Weight, Even If Theyre Famous - Chatelaine - May 22nd, 2020
- I Finally Care More About Being Strong Than Skinny, and It's Because I'm Working Out at Home - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 22nd, 2020
- Lose belly fat in just 4 weeks by eating these simple foods - TheHealthSite - May 22nd, 2020
- My 600-lb Life: Clarence can finally have erection after losing weight, but Dr Now isnt convinced - MEAWW - May 22nd, 2020
- 'Real Housewives of New York' Preview: Ramona tells Sonja to lose weight even after her liquid-only diet stint - MEAWW - May 22nd, 2020
- Intermittent fasting: if you're struggling to lose weight, this might be why - EconoTimes - May 22nd, 2020
- John Barnes reveals fittest and best player from Harry's Heroes - Teamtalk.com - May 22nd, 2020
- Viva Fresh Wellness Reveal a success - The Produce News - May 22nd, 2020
- News - Foundation of Light - May 22nd, 2020
- Dr. Adele reveals the advice he gives to his patients to lose weight - Play Crazy Game - May 22nd, 2020
- Weight loss in lockdown: Mum and daughter lose 14 stone thanks to Slimming World - North Devon Gazette - May 22nd, 2020
- You Just Need 2 Dumbbells and These 30 Upper-Body Exercises to Get Strong, Sculpted Arms - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 22nd, 2020
- Judge rules Lincolnshire woman with severe learning difficulty can have all her teeth removed - Lincolnshire Live - May 22nd, 2020
- Putting the current disruption in context will guide recovery - AdNews - May 22nd, 2020
- How to lose weight: 10 strategies for weight loss that work in lockdown (or out) - T3 - May 17th, 2020
- Here Is the Workout Adele Used to Tone Up As She Lost 100 Lbs - The Beet - May 17th, 2020
- Avoid lockdown weight gain: this nutritionist has blacklisted five foods, and you're not gonna like it - T3 - May 17th, 2020
- Do you have lockdown body? How to lose weight without going on a diet - Telegraph.co.uk - May 17th, 2020
- Scientists told how to lose weight with the brain - The Times Hub - May 17th, 2020
- Chewing the fat: a year of Weight Watchers, a lifetime of dieting - The Irish Times - May 17th, 2020
- 5 weight loss myths that can prevent you from slimming down during quarantine - TheHealthSite - May 17th, 2020
- How a carer lost six stone and conquered her demons - Cambridgeshire Live - May 17th, 2020
- My Life Was Turned Into a Movie. Heres What Hollywood Left Out. - Slate - May 17th, 2020
- Gemma Collins shows off her weight loss in skinny jeans as she dresses up for a weekend in lockdown - The Sun - May 17th, 2020
- Blue Meanie Reveals Who Got Him Signed By WWF Losing Weight To Be Blue Boy - Fightful - May 17th, 2020
- Aravinnd Iyer talks about his weight loss plan, life during the lockdown and future projects - Times of India - May 17th, 2020
- Here's How Lady Gaga And Cameron Diaz Played A Role In Adele's Weight Loss - TheThings - May 17th, 2020
- Matcha green tea powder: The Sirtfood superfood behind Adeles 7st weight loss - Express - May 17th, 2020
- Get in shape this summer with Mark Wrights great workouts and meal plans - The Sun - May 17th, 2020
- Love Island narrator Iain Stirling shocks fans with his huge bulge as he shows off his weight loss - The Scottish Sun - May 17th, 2020
- What is the endomorph diet? Losing weight based on body type - TODAY - May 14th, 2020
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Her Post-Baby Weight After Losing 'Almost 60 Pounds' - KMOV.com - May 14th, 2020
- Health Beat: What to know before you try keto - WFMZ Allentown - May 14th, 2020
- Weight loss story: 'From 105 to 83 kilos, here's how I answered my body-shamers back' - Times of India - May 14th, 2020
- The Yogurt Diet: Weight Loss Fact or Fiction? - Healthline - May 14th, 2020
- Valerie Bertinelli recalls being fat-shamed by her fifth-grade teacher: 'I became really aware of my body' - Home - WSFX - May 14th, 2020
- Why Did Adele Lose Weight? British Singer's Motivation Is Not What Most Fans Think - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 14th, 2020
- Weight loss: How to lose weight fast with the cabbage soup diet - Express - May 14th, 2020
- How to Drink Alcohol and Still Lose Weight - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 14th, 2020
- The Key to Weight Loss Through Exercise Could Be Picking The Right Time of Day - ScienceAlert - May 14th, 2020
- Coffee consumption linked to lower body fat in women, study shows - Yahoo Sports - May 14th, 2020
- Founder of the #90DaysWithoutSugar challenge on how his journey inspired others to change their lifestyle for the better - News24 - May 14th, 2020
- I hated my first wedding because I was so fat so I dropped TEN dress sizes and married my man again as a s - The Irish Sun - May 14th, 2020
- Best healthy food delivery services in 2020: Home Chef, Blue Apron, Freshly and more - CNET - May 14th, 2020
- Staying Strong: Mental health becomes a concern as farmers and ranchers face ongoing adversity - Tri-State Livestock News - May 14th, 2020
- The foods that boost - and zap - libido - Yahoo Food - May 14th, 2020
- Tim Robards: 'There's no such thing as bad food' - Who - May 14th, 2020