By John William
Between 2013 and 2016, the total number of adults who tried to lose weight was 49.1%. From weight loss supplements to taking admission in a fitness program, people try everything to achieve slim bodies.
Its now common knowledge that skipping meals is an unhealthy weight loss practice and receives heavy criticism from nutritionists and health experts. Though diet challenges are far from healthy, it is not advisable. But we have come up with great ideas such as choosing the right food and changing lifestyle to help you lose excess fats safely without losing the muscle mass.
With thisshort and easy-to-follow guide, weight loss is no big task for you.
1Watch Your Calorie Intake
Weight losshas a direct relationship with your calorie consumption. While a significantreduction in calorie intake is not realistic, health experts suggest cuttingout some calories from diet daily. If an adult cut 500 calories a day, he/shemight reduce one to two pounds at the end of the week. It looks like theeasiest way to cut calories is to skip a meal, but it leads to a significantdrop in blood sugar which is dangerous.
2Plan A Healthy Breakfast Routine
One thing that most people do to kick-start their weight loss journey is skipping the first meal of the day. Evidence suggests that skipping breakfast is bad for health and makes people hungrier. So, if youve skipped your breakfast, chances are higher for you to overeat at lunchtime. However, if you are really concerned about your meals, then make a bowl of whole-grain cereals in low-fat dairy mixed with fresh strawberries and cranberries. Moreover, you can learn some amazing breakfast recipes and encourage yourself to eat a healthy breakfast.
3Get More Steps In Your Day
Increasingyour step count is the most natural way to lose weight. If you are someone whodoesnt want to start a weight loss journey with intensive workouts, then gofor a walk daily. Go on a walk with a neighbor or walk to the mart to shop foryour groceries, a 15 to 30-minute walk is essential for weight loss andimproving your mental and physical health.
4Stop Weighing Yourself Daily
Our weightcan fluctuate daily depending on a number of factors including frequency ofbowel movement, hormonal changes, and fluid balance. A slight drop in weightmight encourage you, but the opposite makes sense as well. For this reason,people aiming to lose weight should not check their weight daily as it cancause anxiety, and you might end up binge-eating.
5Control your Stress
Most of thetime, its the stress that makes weight-loss tough for people. For some people,stress can cause weight loss, but for most people, it can cause weight gain.For example, when students are overly stressed due to the overwhelming burdenof assignments and exams, they eat high-fat calorie-rich foods such as fries,hamburger, chocolates, and cold drinks. By managing your stress, it is expectedthat you can reduce your cravings. Add some de-stressing exercises in yourroutine like yoga. If it doesnt work, visit a behavioral specialist.
6Go For Fiber & Protein-RichDiets
Instead ofskipping meals, put a full stop on your cravings with healthy and tummy-fillingmeals. Prepare protein- and fiber-rich meals as they can help you feel moresatisfied while being on a weight loss journey. Make sure that you evenlydistribute your fiber and protein intake evenly throughout the day.
7Go For Weight-Loss Friendly Snacks
Not all snacks are bad for you. Replace sodium-rich meals and carbs with healthy snacks to help you keep your resolutions like popcorn, nutrition bars, nuts, and dark chocolate. You can also prepare your own low-calorie easy-to-make snacks for munching during your favorite show at Netflix. Some examples include celery sticks with cheese dip, roasted salted chickpeas, yogurt banana dessert, hummus, oatmeal with walnuts and almonds, and homemade dry fruit trail mix.
8Shut The Kitchen Door
Set a timewhen you stop eating, preferably after your dinner so you wont go for a midnightsnack. A more favorable strategy is to make changes in your kitchen. For example,post sticky-notes on your refrigerator to remind yourself about yourresolution. This small activity will help you achieve a healthy mindset.Moreover, replace unhealthy foods such as chips, soda cans, candies, beverages,and ice cream with fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, lean protein, poultry eggs,and Greek yogurt.
9Learn About Portion Control
Portion control isnt really about eating a tiny portion of food. Instead, it is about differentiating between foods that you can consume plentifully and foods that you need to keep an eye on. To control your portion size, take a small plate, take veggies first, drink water before your meal, and eat slowly.
10Change Your Lifestyle
Perhaps themost critical factor responsible for your obesity is your sedentary lifestyle. Includingregular exercise will boost your metabolism and support your weight loss. Ifyoure interested in fast weight loss, then try aerobic exercises for 1 to 1.5hours. Regular cardio also improves heart health and could reduce your risk ofdiabetes. Try outdoor physical activities or some kind of sport.
Now, ifyouve finally decided to lose weight, make sure that you dont act desperately.Good things take time but remember nutrient-dense meals and healthy snackscombined with an active lifestyle can help you achieve your target only if youshow consistency with your efforts.
John William is a Business Development Officer at Crowd Writer in the UK. He likes to socialize with like-minded people and share his knowledge and experiences. In his free time, he likes to cook, travel, read and write. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness or nutritional program to determine if it is right for your needs. This publication offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read in this article. The use of any information provided in this article is solely at your own risk.
Here is the original post:
You Can Lose Weight Without Skipping Any Meals - monroviaweekly
- Weight Loss Transformation Heather Gomez Run to Lose Weight - runnersworld.com - September 25th, 2020
- 7 Benefits of Exercise (Other Than Weight-Loss) Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - September 25th, 2020
- Eating Healthy Is More Important Than Weight Loss for Heart Health - Healthline - September 25th, 2020
- HIIT along with rowing and cycling can help type 2 d..etes patients lose weight, improve insulin sensitivity - Firstpost - September 25th, 2020
- 14 Simple And Effective Tips To Lose Weight After Pregnancy - Yahoo India News - September 25th, 2020
- The 3 Most Common Things People Get Wrong About Weight Loss, and How to Avoid Them - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 25th, 2020
- Why its hard to lose weight when you have PCOS - All4Women - September 25th, 2020
- Weight loss customized for the one-and-only YOU - KING5.com - September 25th, 2020
- What is diabetes? A comprehensive guide to lower blood sugar and manage the condition - Insider - INSIDER - September 25th, 2020
- RHONJs Margaret Josephs shows off amazing weight loss in skintight white lace dress at the beach with h - The Sun - September 25th, 2020
- World's most obese man shed nearly 400 kilos, went on to beat Covid-19 - Mexico News Daily - September 25th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson shows off 40-pound weight loss in a skintight gown on Monte Carlo getaway with boyfriend Jacob - The Irish Sun - September 25th, 2020
- Stroud chef: from 26 stone to Cotswold 113 half Ironman - Stroud News and Journal - September 25th, 2020
- Having a Seizure Inspired Rick Ross' Weight Loss Transformation - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- Lockdown weight loss story: I lost 14 kilos in just 2.5 months with my husbands support! - Times of India - September 20th, 2020
- Keto Diet For Weight Loss: 5 Side Effects That Signal You Need To Quit This Diet Instantly - NDTV - September 20th, 2020
- Carbs Or Calories: What Should You Focus On For Weight Loss? Experts Reveal - NDTV - September 20th, 2020
- How Long Does It Really Take to Lose Belly Fluff? - Greatist - September 20th, 2020
- Phil Mickelson reveals the 2 secrets behind his weight loss transformation - Golf.com - September 20th, 2020
- Kelly Clarkson Once Got Candid about Weight-Loss Tips Photos before & after Her Transformation - AmoMama - September 20th, 2020
- 5 lifestyle habits that are increasing your numbers on the weighing scale - TheHealthSite - September 20th, 2020
- 'I Did An F45 Training Challenge Ahead Of My Wedding And Got In The Best Shape Of My Life' - Women's Health - September 20th, 2020
- Holly Madison, 'Girls Next Door' Star, Shows off Dramatic Transformation 4 Years After Giving Birth to Second Child - PopCulture.com - September 20th, 2020
- Which Aids Better In Weight Loss- Fish Or Chicken? Expert Reveals - NDTV - September 20th, 2020
- 22 effective tips to lose belly fat, according to experts - Netdoctor - September 20th, 2020
- 5 Metabolism boosting teas to aid you in shedding extra pounds - PINKVILLA - September 20th, 2020
- Coping with an eating disorder during the COVID-19 pandemic - KENS5.com - September 20th, 2020
- Mama Junes daughter Pumpkin, 20, shows off slimmer waist in crop top after vowing to lose weight - The Sun - September 20th, 2020
- She has overcome anorexia - and dancer has now warned of government's 'dangerous' plan to tackle obesity - Manchester Evening News - September 20th, 2020
- A new routine to lose the Covid stone - Leitrim Observer - September 20th, 2020
- Want to get big arms and improve grip? This 3-move kettlebell arm workout is what you need - T3 - September 20th, 2020
- Walking to lose weight: how long, how many steps a day, at what pace ... All you need to know - POP TIMES UK - September 12th, 2020
- What is the CICO diet? All about the calories-in-calories-out diet - TODAY - September 12th, 2020
- Psoriatic Arthritis-Friendly Weight Loss Tips - Everyday Health - September 12th, 2020
- He wanted to join the US Army but wasn't fit. So he lost over 100 pounds. - yoursun.com - September 12th, 2020
- Weight Loss: The War on Fat | ITV News - ITV News - September 12th, 2020
- Weight loss is key to type 2 diabetes prevention and reversal - Diabetes.co.uk - September 12th, 2020
- Five ways to reduce the calories in your favourite takeaway meal - MyLondon - September 12th, 2020
- Go Kyung Pyo explains the reason for his dramatic weight difference in two photos - allkpop - September 12th, 2020
- How to live longer: The 55p item that may lower risk of early death from cancer - Express - September 12th, 2020
- I Had a Heart Attack at 49, Went Vegan, and It Saved my Life - The Beet - September 12th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tip of the Week: How High Knees Exercise Can Help You Lose Body Fat (Watch Video) - LatestLY - September 12th, 2020
- Veteran-Owned Battle Bars Honor Local Patriot Heroes with Every Purchase - Small Business Trends - September 12th, 2020
- Longbenton grandmother drops eight dress sizes after 'hating' what she saw in photos - Chronicle Live - September 12th, 2020
- At 82, My Grandmother Has Lost Her Husband And The World As She Knows It - BuzzFeed News - September 12th, 2020
- Trying to Lose Weight? Here are 6 Proteins to Enjoy and 3 to Avoid - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 8th, 2020
- Nutrisystem Launches Innovative Partner Plan to Encourage and Help Maintain Weight Loss - WFMZ Allentown - September 8th, 2020
- Losing Weight as a Couple Is the Secret to Shedding Pounds, Study Finds - Best Life - September 8th, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston was asked to lose weight if she wanted to stay on Friends - The News International - September 8th, 2020
- Piers Morgan says he needs to be 'shamed' into losing weight as he defends Kevin Pieterson's comments - Evening Standard - September 8th, 2020
- How to live longer: The fermented vegetable proven to reduce risk of early death - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Long Beach Poly's Ashton Sylve Wins Professional Boxing Debut - The562.org - September 8th, 2020
- How metformin works and why it's effective for type 2 diabetes - Business Insider India - September 8th, 2020
- The 18 Unhealthiest Breads on the Planet - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 8th, 2020
- Consumers Turn to Plant-Based Foods During the Pandemic - The Beet - September 8th, 2020
- Mikey Moon's health and fitness column: 'Miracles' too good to be true - Blackpool Gazette - September 8th, 2020
- Why sleep is so important for losing weight - The Conversation UK - September 5th, 2020
- How to lose weight: 71-year-old loses 62 pounds in 6 months - TODAY - September 5th, 2020
- Weight loss diet plan: 2 nutritionists share the ideal Indian diet plan to lose weight - Times of India - September 5th, 2020
- Losing weight with detox teas - Popular choices, health benefits and side effects - Times Now - September 5th, 2020
- My Mother-in-Law Told My 12-Year Old to Lose Weight and Fix Her Face - Slate - September 5th, 2020
- 5 Easy Ways to Detox in the Morning to Be Healthier All Day Long - The Beet - September 5th, 2020
- National Nutrition Week: Coconut oil can help you lose weight, build immunity and also get great skin... - Hindustan Times - September 5th, 2020
- Breastfeeding can help you lose pregnancy weight. Here's how - Times of India - September 5th, 2020
- Redditch councillor hoping his weight loss will also be his gain - Redditch Standard - September 5th, 2020
- Prairie Fare: Have You Avoided the 'Pandemic 15'? - Pierce County Tribune - September 5th, 2020
- After losing Brandon Williams, here's what the Arizona Wildcats' 2021 roster looks like - Arizona Daily Star - September 5th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tip of the Week: How Spiderman Plank Exercise Can Help You Lose Belly Fat (Watch Video) - LatestLY - September 5th, 2020
- North-east care home given a month to make improvements after inspectors find residents are losing weight and at increased risk of falling - Press and... - September 5th, 2020
- RLC Labs, Inc., Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Nature-Throid and WP Thyroid with Current Expiry Due to Sub Potency - FDA.gov - September 5th, 2020
- Woman who lost four stone to get healthy found out she had a rare form of cancer - Belfast Live - September 5th, 2020
- I thought battling an eating disorder during an election year was tough. I had no idea how grueling recovery during a pandemic would be - CNN - September 5th, 2020
- Some of the worst nursing homes in the country are waitlisted for extra oversight - WKYT - September 5th, 2020
- Chadwick Boseman Gave 'Thoughtful Response' About Weight Loss Without Revealing Cancer Battle - International Business Times - September 3rd, 2020
- Heres how can you eat carbs and still lose weight - PINKVILLA - September 3rd, 2020
- Rebel Wilson shows off 40-pound weight loss in sexy $1,700 Gucci dress - The Sun - September 3rd, 2020
- Size 22 woman told she was too fat to conceive now has two kids - Metro.co.uk - September 3rd, 2020
- Secret weapon for dieters: Consuming your own fecal microbiome may help keep off the pounds - Study Finds - September 3rd, 2020
- You've heard of dieting, but what about reverse dieting? - The Independent - September 3rd, 2020
- The danger of obesity and coronavirus - centraljersey.com - September 3rd, 2020