Meeker, McLeod, Sibley Health Communities is planning a Workplace Wellness Consortium kick-off meeting in Litchfield.
People encouraged to attend are business owners, employers, human resources professionals, community organizations, schools, faith communities, healthcare facility employees, and wellness professionals.
The meeting will be April 20 at Bonfire Bar and Grill, 16818 Minnesota Highway 22, south of Litchfield. There will be a breakfast/networking time from 8 to 8:30 a.m. The meeting runs from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
Meeker, McLeod, Sibley Health Communities, along with Hutchinson Health, Litchfield Area Chamber of Commerce, Meeker Memorial Hospital, and the Minnesota Department of Health sponsored two Workplace Wellness town hall meetings in December in Hutchinson and Litchfield.
Minnesota employers are recognizing the value of workplace wellness, as they support employees choices when it comes to good nutrition, exercise, and improving their overall health, according to Holly Glaubitz, worksite wellness coordinator at the Minnesota Department of Health.
We know employees are at the worksite most of the day. So, we work with worksites to help create healthy environments, so the healthy choice is the preferred and easy choice at the worksite, Glaubitz said at the Workplace Wellness meeting in Litchfield.
When businesses take an active approach toward worksite wellness, we know there can be better job performance, higher employer engagement, Glaubitz said.
Workplace health programs can consist of activities such as health education and coaching, weight management programs, medical screenings, on-site fitness programs, and more.
Workplace health programs also include policies intended to facilitate employee health, including allowing time for exercise, providing on-site kitchens and eating areas, offering healthful food options in vending machines, holding walk and talk meetings, and offering incentives for participation.
The Hutchinson and Litchfield Workplace Wellness meetings served as a springboard for area businesses, providing ideas on how to identify ways to achieve and sustain wellness initiatives at a business and in a community.
When we come together ... were able to share our successes and able to tackle some of the barriers together, said Pam Bagley, coordinator for the Statewide Health Improvement Program in Meeker, McLeod and Sibley counties.
The Workplace Wellness Consortium is an ongoing series of gatherings that welcomespeople to:
Originally posted here:
Workplace Wellness kick-off meeting planned - Crow River Media
- Medical Weight Management - Obesity Action Coalition - October 13th, 2019
- Nutrition and Weight Management - Hancock Wellness Center - May 3rd, 2019
- Weight Management Center | MUSC Health | Charleston, SC - March 8th, 2019
- Ascension Via Christi Weight Management in Wichita - February 10th, 2019
- Weight Management Programs - Childrens Hospital in CT - January 10th, 2019
- Weight Management Programs - Medical Practice Management Solution - November 28th, 2018
- Weight management programs - HAP Michigan - November 28th, 2018
- Medical Weight Management Doctors & Programs in NJ - September 25th, 2018
- Weight Management Programs | Sutter Health - July 20th, 2018
- Weight Management Programs in Rhode Island | Lifespan - April 21st, 2018
- Weight Management Programs | Weight Loss Counseling - December 14th, 2017
- Weight Management & Nutrition Programs | Minnesota ... - December 14th, 2017
- Herbal Weight Loss Products Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2025 - satPRnews (press release) - August 7th, 2017
- Weight Watchers | $WTW Stock | Shares Soar As Earnings Beat, Raise Guidance - TickerTV News (press release) - August 7th, 2017
- Screen Kids, Teens for Obesity, Experts Say - Newsmax.com - Newsmax - June 22nd, 2017
- Opinion: Expand Medicaid? In NORTH CAROLINA? - Charlotte magazine - April 18th, 2017
- Unclear whether mindful eating can help you lose weight, says review - Medical Xpress - April 16th, 2017
- What's New, And What's Not, In The Latest Medicaid Expansion Bill - WFAE - April 12th, 2017
- Weight Loss Left to Your Own Devices: How Technology Can Help You Manage Your Weight - Charleston Post Courier - March 31st, 2017
- One Buc Mailbag: Nutrition, Numbers and 19 - Buccaneers.com - March 30th, 2017
- Benefits of fitness devices - Lake Country Now - March 4th, 2017
- Medical Weight Management Programs | Positive Choice - February 19th, 2017
- Before-N-After Murrieta - Weight Management Programs in ... - September 25th, 2015
- Ultimate Weight Management Programs - CRC Health - August 1st, 2015
- Weight Management Programs - July 2nd, 2015
- NYC Weight Loss Program Takes Insurance | Brooklyn Doctors ... - June 18th, 2015
- Best Weight Loss Workouts Reviews - Video - March 11th, 2015
- How To Burn Fat Review - Video - February 24th, 2015
- Best Exercises To Lose Weight Reviews - Video - February 14th, 2015
- Weight Loss Malaysia- Lose Weight Fast and Healthy - Video - February 3rd, 2015
- weight management programs Tips - Video - July 7th, 2014
- Group Fitness, Imperial PA - Video - June 3rd, 2013