WOMEN have revealed having clear skin is the number-one thing which makes them feel good about themselves, followed by losing weight and freshly washed hair.
A study of 2,000 adults found having smooth skin, shaved legs and wearing make-up also gave people a confidence boost.
The results also showed having a toned figure, reduced scarring and getting a facial gives Brits a boost.
Making up the top-ten list of desirable traits are having a tan, having rested eyes, getting a new hairstyle and having a glowing complexion.
But dry skin, dark circles and putting on weight all made people feel self-conscious.
Other body hang-ups included wrinkles, facial hair and acne, with social media billed as a major source of insecurity, with a fifth saying it affects their self-assurance.
Top ten things which give Brits a confidence boost
1. Clear skin2. Loss of weight3. Freshly washed hair4. Well-rested eyes5. Having a tan6. Glowing complexion7. A new hair style8. Having a toned figure9. Smooth skin10. Being facial hair free
Almost 23 per cent admitted what their other half thinks also influences their appearance.
A further 48 per cent said their own opinion is the biggest inspiration on their looks, while two in five said a photo of themselves which they disliked made them want to change.
Some 37 per cent of women asked said they wanted to feel happier in their own skin, but a quarter revealed they would feel uncomfortable leaving the house without make-up on.
With Love Island back on our screens, its thought the show is influencing people over their looks, dubbed the Love Island effect.
The study shows just how much some struggle with self-confidence
Almost a tenth admitted they are influenced by celebrities when it comes to their appearance, with 43 per cent admitting they do not speak openly about their insecurities.
It also emerged more than a third believe diet has the biggest impact on their skin, while two in five put it down to age and a quarter think hydration is the main influence.
As a resulta sixth of adults would consider a tweakment - an aesthetic treatment as opposed to plastic surgery, such as botox - to give them a personal boost.
The average age people would be willing to get work done is 35, with a tenth agreeing it's acceptable for younger generations to have small tweaks if it means boosting their confidence.
Lisa Mason-Poyner, director of medical services at sk:n, which commissioned the research, said: The study shows just how much some struggle with self-confidence.
Men and women of all ages suffer from insecurities and as opposed to drastic image changes, tweakments can safeguard peoples best features as well as boost confidence levels.
In the growing age of social media and self-comparison consumers are continually seeking information on how they can boost their confidence.
Its interesting to see the changes which may seem little to others, such as lip fillers, a new hairstyle and reduced lines can help Brits feel much better in themselves.
As the most trusted brand in medical aesthetics we provide consumers with insight and educational content to inform their decision making.
But 57 per cent of those polled, via OnePoll, said that if they were to consider skincare treatments, its important they are in a clinical and regulated environment.
Lisa added: Sk:n clinics has been lobbying for administration to be restricted to registered healthcare professionals with the appropriate medical qualifications, skills and experience for years.
As a leader in the industry its important that we provide consumers with professional insight and education on the subtle tweaks they can make to boost their confidence in a safe and regulated way.
We have recently launched a report which focuses on why tweakments are increasingly popular and how they are inextricably linked to levels of self-confidence and positive self-image.
Through the first chapter we explore the barriers to having true skin confidence and how to break them down to be empowered in our own skin.
MEG'S LEGS Meghan Markle boasted she had legs as long as a mile to her business adviser
HOP TO IT Mum's desperate bid to replace daughters favourite Poundland toy goes nationwide
POT IT TO BED This 10 plant from Morrisons could STOP your partner snoring - says Nasa
HOLIDAY HEARTACHE Mum found 'peaceful' baby Lara dead in bed on first family holiday abroad
BRIGHT IDEA Mrs Hinch fans use dishwasher tablets as detergent & are loving the results
LOO KNOWS? What the colour of your pee says about your health & when it's sign of cancer
Plus this mum who idolised Katie Price got a deadly 3750 Brazilian Butt Lift at cut-price Turkish clinic.
And these are the horrific photos of fillers gone wrong from rotting tissue to chunks of lip falling off.
We previously spoke tothree women who've all been body shamed by strangers from their flipper feet to their oversized foreheads.
- Adele diet: Is this the food the Hello singer eats to maintain seven stone weight loss? - Express - February 15th, 2020
- Tom Kerridge weight loss how Lose Weight and Get Fit star shed 12st - The Sun - February 15th, 2020
- Olly Murs weight loss: Star used easy trick to shed 1st and blast belly fat in 12 weeks - Express - February 15th, 2020
- Honey Boo Boo Weight Loss: Did The Star Pull It Off? - Daily Hawker - February 15th, 2020
- How Mickey Jogoleff Lost 80 Pounds While Working Out Less and Eating More Carbs - BarBend - February 15th, 2020
- Breastfeeding girls mustn't eat these items, it might not hurt your child - Sahiwal Tv - February 15th, 2020
- Reduce weight the Ayurveda means - Health Writeups - February 15th, 2020
- Mum loses the equivalent of another 'person' in weight and reverses her diabetes - Bristol Post - February 15th, 2020
- The Healthiest Place on Earth - Thrive Global - February 15th, 2020
- Family fight to reunite with son left 5,000 miles away in Pakistan orphanage - Metro.co.uk - February 15th, 2020
- Outdoors: Keeping warm during the second month - Fall River Herald News - February 15th, 2020
- Scientific BREAKTHROUGH: DNA discovery finds some in 60s have genetic age of 20-YEAR-OLD - Express.co.uk - February 15th, 2020
- Healthcare boost addresses ageing population in Sri Lanka - Indian NewsLink - February 15th, 2020
- Yep, Its TrueStaying Positive Can Actually Help You Maintain Weight Loss - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 15th, 2020
- How to Lose Weight Fast - Quick & Easy Weight Loss Tips - February 15th, 2020
- Jessica Simpson's Nutritionist Shares the Diet That Helped Her Lose 100 Pounds - NewBeauty Magazine - February 15th, 2020
- If You Want to Lose Weight, Try Strength Training at Least 3 Times a Week Here's Why - POPSUGAR - February 15th, 2020
- How Did Adele Lose Weight? Secrets To The Singer's Stunning Transformation - YourTango - February 15th, 2020
- NBA Rumors: Zion Williamson Longevity Comes First, Losing Weight Strongly Urged - International Business Times - February 15th, 2020
- The Biggest Loser didn't work then and it won't work now - The Aggie - February 15th, 2020
- 8 warning signs of health problems and how you can help aging parents - Cape Cod Times - February 15th, 2020
- New smoothie bar offers healthy option in Waunakee - hngnews.com - February 15th, 2020
- Frankie Bridge feared husband happier without her during depression - Metro.co.uk - February 15th, 2020
- WARMC rocking the red to bring attention to Heart Month - Mohave Valley News - February 15th, 2020
- Audrey named Slimming World Woman of the Year and given the all-clear from cancer - Daily Record - February 15th, 2020
- Weight loss tips: How to lose weight & get fit by running daily, according to this guy who lost 13 kg - GQ India - February 15th, 2020
- Mother of twins vows to get herself back with Strive to Thrive - Richland Source - February 15th, 2020
- Friends & Family | News, Sports, Jobs - The Review - February 15th, 2020
- What is ischemic heart disease? Symptoms and treatment options - Insider - INSIDER - February 15th, 2020
- A liquid diet for weight loss: Is it effective and sustainable? - Times Now - February 15th, 2020
- Astonishing twist as woman 'ready to die' finds out reason behind her tumour - Yahoo News Australia - February 15th, 2020
- Half of U.S. adults want to lose weight in 2020 - Food Business News - February 12th, 2020
- Half of U.S. Adults Want To Lose Weight And Over A Quarter Follow A Diet Plan To Do It - Yahoo Finance - February 12th, 2020
- If You Want to Lose Weight, Try Strength Training at Least 3 Times a Week - Here's Why - msnNOW - February 12th, 2020
- Weight loss: New cookie diet is taking Instagram by storm but does it really work? - The Sun - February 12th, 2020
- Weight loss story: I lost 17 kilos to fit into the clothes of my choice and it completely changed my lif - Times of India - February 12th, 2020
- Dietitian explains pros and cons of keto diet - KMVT - February 12th, 2020
- Why do I always feel hungry? Why you eat even when you're full and how to stop - TODAY - February 12th, 2020
- Bariatric surgeon tells us why we eat too much - The Bay's News First - SunLive - February 12th, 2020
- What Causes The 'Dadbod' (And How To Reverse It) - Lifehacker Australia - February 12th, 2020
- Health Benefits of Salmon Nutrition and Why You Should Eat More Salmon Protein - LIVESTRONG.COM - February 12th, 2020
- Familia's Weight Loss Won't Be What Leads to His Success - metsmerizedonline.com - February 12th, 2020
- Testosterone pellets gaining popularity as hormone therapy in Southeast Texas - 12newsnow.com KBMT-KJAC - February 12th, 2020
- How to read the FDA's new nutrition facts label - CNET - February 12th, 2020
- I lost more than 70kgs in three years - Were - Daily Monitor - February 12th, 2020
- I looked pregnant with triplets but then docs found giant tumour half-a-metre wide - The Sun - February 12th, 2020
- Nicola Watters made it to the semi-finals of a national Slimming World competition - The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald - February 12th, 2020
- Vanessa Feltz shows off weight loss at Paddington premiere after losing more than three stone - The Sun - February 9th, 2020
- Weight-loss surgery tied to lowered risk of colorectal cancer - WHBL News - February 9th, 2020
- Is milk helpful in gaining weight? - Times of India - February 9th, 2020
- Pictures bomb! They appear and belong to Ana de Armas before losing weight and in a bikini! - Play Crazy Game - February 9th, 2020
- Mum's amazing transformation after shedding half her body weight in just a year - Stoke-on-Trent Live - February 9th, 2020
- 'Losing 7.5 stone has made me a new man' - Councillor from Fulwood tells of a pivotal year shedding weight - Lancashire Post - February 9th, 2020
- Intermittent Fasting A Trendy New Way To Diet, But Researchers Say More Studies Need To Be Done - CBS Pittsburgh - February 8th, 2020
- The Truth About Losing Weight With Weed - VICE - February 8th, 2020
- How to lose weight and keep it off in a healthy, effective way - Insider - INSIDER - February 8th, 2020
- Health experts weigh in on cutting weight for sports - WTOL - February 8th, 2020
- Weight loss story: This teacher lost more than 20 kilos in just 6 months! Heres how she did it - Times of India - February 8th, 2020
- How to lose weight on a budget 5 simple tips to help shed the pounds without spending them - The Sun - February 8th, 2020
- You CAN eat pizza and lose weight, expert says the 8 best options from Wetherspoons to Dominos if youre on - The Sun - February 8th, 2020
- Scientific weight loss study by CSIRO reveals key to losing weight and keeping it off - Have a Go News - February 8th, 2020
- How Running Helped This Guy Get Sober and Drop 50 Pounds - Men's Health - February 8th, 2020
- Is cardio the best way to lose weight? Personal trainers bust the myth - Irish Examiner - February 8th, 2020
- My 600-lb Life: Travis works hard to lose weight to fulfill his goal of giving his wife a real wedding - MEAWW - February 8th, 2020
- Weight loss: Increasing this one thing is the key to burning belly fat, says expert - Express - February 8th, 2020
- Desperate bridesmaid asks how to lose 1.5st just weeks before the wedding because its too late to get a d - The Sun - February 8th, 2020
- Obese man mocked and 'judged' in McDonald's loses half his body weight - Liverpool Echo - February 8th, 2020
- Hamilton gran who struggled to put on her own socks loses over five stone - Daily Record - February 8th, 2020
- VA Department and Virta Health Focus On Reversing Diabetes with Keto Diet - Myhealthyclick - February 8th, 2020
- Everything you need to know about the keto diet - ABC Local - February 8th, 2020
- Make the Lose Weight and Get Fit Chicken pancakes: Tom Kerridge reinvents a favourite! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - February 8th, 2020
- How to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, according to experts - Health24 - February 8th, 2020
- How one woman used intermittent fasting to lose 80 pounds in a year - NBC News - January 29th, 2020
- Study reveals the best diet for actually losing weight and keeping it off - Ladders - January 29th, 2020
- Weight loss: Dont bother with the gym and keep your diet simple 6 tips to burn fat faster - The Sun - January 29th, 2020
- How to Lose Weight Ways to Shed Fat for Performance and Aesthetics - BOXROX - January 29th, 2020
- Erica Lugo's Personal Weight-Loss Journey Makes Her One of the Most Relatable Trainers - msnNOW - January 29th, 2020
- Weight loss: My controlling boyfriend asked me to STOP slimming as it made him insecure so I dumped him & l - The Sun - January 29th, 2020
- 'I Counted My Macros On Keto And Got Into Low-Impact HIITAnd I Lost 141 Pounds' - Women's Health - January 29th, 2020
- New year's resolution workout routines don't have to be scary | News, Sports, Jobs - Lewistown Sentinel - January 29th, 2020