WE all have our own reason to lose weight. A turning point where we think: Enough is enough - something has to change.
It might be a particularly bad family photo, or a wheezing, red-faced end to a family kick-about. Whatever it is, it changes our lives.
For Claire Healey, it was a horrific car crash, where she thought her weight might literally be the death of her. The crash left Claire trapped, upside down, in her car in the middle of the motorway. She feared that, at over 20 stone and a size 24, she was too large to crawl out of the window to safety.
She explains: Two men helped pull me out, but at one point I didnt think I would manage it. All I remember is one of them telling me to watch out for my stomach because it was hanging down onto the broken glass.
The side window had smashed and I knew I had to try to get through it, but I was worried that I was so fat I would get stuck and have to wait in the middle of the motorway to be cut out.
People had stopped and gathered round the car. With the help of the two men pulling me, I did get out, but even in the middle of all the trauma I remember feeling embarrassed.
If I had been just a few pounds heavier, I would not have been able to squeeze through that window. I decided there and then, as I waited in the hospital for treatment, that this time I would succeed in losing weight.
Claire approached Silverlink Clinics, whose dedicated doctors offer a highly effective medical weight loss treatment without surgery, comprising specialised nutritional treatment along with treatments to restore body shape and skin elasticity.
Over the next seven months, Claire shed more than eight stone.
The regular, in-clinic treatments that Claire received, both break down excessively thickened areas of fat under the skin, and maximise the recovery of the skins elasticity, so that patients have an optimised cosmetic outcome and body shape after weight loss.
Claires weight problems began after she left school and started work.
I was big but very athletic at school, she explains. I was always playing sport and was captain of the netball team. But when I left, I stopped all the sport and began enjoying myself too much.
I had a fantastic time eating and drinking whatever I wanted. I could easily drink 12 halves of lager, then finish off with a takeaway curry on the way home. And the rest of the day would be full of chocolate and crisps and stodge like pasties so the weight piled on.
Her health was suffering to such an extent that she got through the day on a mixture of steroids and antibiotics. Claire has a condition which has caused scarring on her lungs, and her hugely increased weight, combined with her drinking and smoking, was sending it out of control.
I was desperate. I started to try every diet going, she says. I joined slimming clubs and lost a bit of weight, and I went to my doctor and got slimming tablets, but nothing really worked long-term for me.
Now, just months after walking through the doors of the clinic weighing 20 stone, Claire is a size 12 to 14, and weighs 11 stone.
She said: I just hibernated through the winter, and I even managed to lose weight during Christmas. There is a forum set up by the clinic where all the patients can swap recipes and tips, and that was really helpful. I have actually been eating some delicious food.
All the time I was losing weight I bought cheap clothes from supermarkets because they became too big for me so quickly. My boss calls me the amazing shrinking woman. I can do all kinds of things now I walk my dogs everywhere, I can run for a bus and I can bend down to fasten my shoes, which I couldnt do before. My life is just so much better.
How it works
The nutritional part of the Alevere medical weight loss treatment consists of plentiful natural foods from the very start of every patients treatment. Additionally, the patient is given precisely formulated proteins in Alevere nutritional supplements, which support the bodys metabolism throughout the patients weight loss. These ensure that excess body fat, not muscle tissue, is broken down and metabolised. They ensure that the liver can work in an optimal way to produce sufficient glucose so that blood glucose levels are maintained and become normal and stable, even in diabetic patients.
This nutritional treatment keeps insulin levels low and puts the body into a metabolic state where it constantly and efficiently burns up excess stored fat, but does not break down lean tissue during the weight loss.
Patients are given weekly treatments of targeted external ultrasound, which cause the breakdown of excessively thickened fat stores under the skin. Immediately following this, each week, every patient receives treatment for their entire body with a device specifically developed and shown through numerous studies to stimulate and increase the production of collagen and elastic substances in the skin. This optimises the elastic recovery of the skin as the weight is lost, and the combined effect of both treatments is to optimise the patients body shape and cosmetic appearance following their weight loss. This is a very important aspect of any treatment for weight loss, but is something which is often sadly overlooked.
Founder & CEO, Alevere & Silverlink Clinics
Follow this link:
When the time is right to lose weight - News & Star
- Weight loss benefits that go beyond slimming - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Honor your body and improve your health in the process - Charlotte Post - March 31st, 2020
- Don't Get Duped by Health Fraud! Avoid These Red Flags - The Great Courses Daily News - March 31st, 2020
- Stress Wont Kill You, But Your Reaction To It Might - Ponoka News - March 31st, 2020
- Other Sports: Weighty task for Prem - The Star Online - March 31st, 2020
- Looking About in Mendocino County during coronavirus: A place of gratefulness - The Willits News - March 31st, 2020
- Masterchefs Gregg Wallace takes on Joe Wicks with workout routine - Metro.co.uk - March 30th, 2020
- Building Toward the Long-Term Financial Future: Needs, Wants, and Wishes - The Ticker Tape - March 30th, 2020
- The Incredible Body Transformation of Jorge Masvidal Over The Years - Essentially Sports - March 30th, 2020
- Mama Junes daughter Jessica shows off new face and body after $111K plastic surgery makeover - The Sun - March 30th, 2020
- 'I wasnt in a good place' Kedren loses amazing 3.5st to help turn life around - Stoke-on-Trent Live - March 30th, 2020
- How to workout in a small apartment without annoying your neighbors - Insider - INSIDER - March 30th, 2020
- Is Consuming Coffee & Lemon Together Beneficial? Explore 3 Most Common Claims about the Mix - Krishi Jagran - March 30th, 2020
- From baking bread with just 3 ingredients to 1 tacos easy recipes to boost your mood during coronavirus lo - The Sun - March 30th, 2020
- 14 Books We Cant Wait to Read in April - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 30th, 2020
- How X-FACTOR #87 (1993) Changed My Concept Of What A Comic Book Could Be - Monkeys Fighting Robots - March 30th, 2020
- William & Mary coaches adjust through communication and technology - William & Mary News - March 30th, 2020
- Inspirational Reading mum's touching gesture to husband with incurable cancer - Get Reading - March 30th, 2020
- Here's Why You're Not Losing Weight From Intermittent Fasting - Men's Health - March 28th, 2020
- LET'S GET PHYSICAL: Simple mindset shifts that will help you lose weight - The Bakersfield Californian - March 28th, 2020
- What to do during the coronavirus quarantine if you're on a diet - USA TODAY - March 28th, 2020
- Walking is one of the best things you can do for your health amid coronavirus - New York Post - March 28th, 2020
- Is intermittent fasting the right choice? - We Are The Mighty - March 28th, 2020
- Easy egg salad recipes for weight loss - Times of India - March 28th, 2020
- It switch! The new beach body of Adele after losing weight about 70 kilos in the last decade - Play Crazy Game - March 28th, 2020
- Weight loss with intermittent fasting? Three readers share their success story: I lost no less than 51 kg in 8 months - The KXAN 36 News - March 28th, 2020
- Mum and daughter show off their new figures after curbing their junk food addiction - ExaminerLive - March 28th, 2020
- Man praises NHS staff after his 86-year-old father recovers from coronavirus - Nottinghamshire Live - March 28th, 2020
- Overweight to extreme thinness, Adele is concerned about his fans for his new look - Play Crazy Game - March 28th, 2020
- Couple lose 15 stone after being left mortified by picture of them dressed as Tweedledee and Tweedledum - MyLondon - March 28th, 2020
- From radiant skin to boosting immunity, everything you need to know about saffron - Times Now - March 28th, 2020
- The Biggest Loser trainer Erica Lugo reveals how she lost 160 lbs. and its something we all can do - HOLA! USA - March 27th, 2020
- 32-Year Veteran Coach Roy Williams 'I'm Hungrier; Anxious To Get Back to Work' - Sports Illustrated - March 27th, 2020
- Soccer enthusiast hopes to play again after Strive to Thrive - Richland Source - March 27th, 2020
- Nutrition and exercise experts offer 7 reasons why you may not be losing weight - The Irish News - March 26th, 2020
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight While Doing Intermittent Fasting, According To An RD - Women's Health - March 26th, 2020
- Green coffee and how it aids weight loss - AZ Big Media - March 26th, 2020
- Best apps to track what youre eating and maintain (or lose) weight while quarantined - Android Police - March 26th, 2020
- Weigh out there | Columnists - San Mateo Daily Journal - March 26th, 2020
- Weight loss or fat loss? What it means and what you should know - Times of India - March 26th, 2020
- RHOCs Emily Simpson shows off incredible weight loss in skintight pants and swimsuits - The Sun - March 26th, 2020
- Adele, obsessed with fitness and losing weight - Play Crazy Game - March 26th, 2020
- Adele becomes obsessed with losing weight and fitness - Play Crazy Game - March 26th, 2020
- 'This Is Us': Does Season 4 pass the Bechdel test for fat women? - Los Angeles Times - March 26th, 2020
- This Mornings Alison Hammond boasts shes good in bed after losing weight - The Sun - March 26th, 2020
- 5 health and fitness apps to download in the UAE - Time Out Abu Dhabi - March 26th, 2020
- Mandels Mailbag: Will there be a college football season this fall? - The Athletic - March 26th, 2020
- 10 habits of people who lose weight and keep it off - The Australian Financial Review - March 23rd, 2020
- Body recomposition: How to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time - CNET - March 23rd, 2020
- Mum and daughter show off their new figures after curbing their junk food addiction - Cambridgeshire Live - Cambridgeshire Live - March 23rd, 2020
- Nonprofit helps with weight loss - Dover Post - March 23rd, 2020
- Realized I needed to improve my physical fitness to get back in IPL, states Sheldon Jackson - SportsCafe - March 23rd, 2020
- 'I lost 4st and had the miracle baby doctors told me Id never give birth to' - Mirror Online - March 23rd, 2020
- Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women - Marshalltown Times Republican - March 23rd, 2020
- The carrot and stick approach - Fruitnet - March 23rd, 2020
- Scarlett Moffatt: Ive Had To Ring The Samaritans Because Of Years Of Trolling - Grazia - March 23rd, 2020
- Emotional Eating May Soar Due to Coronavirus Anxiety and Nationwide Shutdowns - GlobeNewswire - March 23rd, 2020
- Would Having the Tokyo Games Even Be Fair to the Athletes? - The New York Times - March 23rd, 2020
- A mother's wonderful gift of life to little Cleo - Independent.ie - March 23rd, 2020
- Coronation Street Spoilers for next week: David struggles with shocking news & Yasmeen refuses to hear the truth - RadioTimes - March 23rd, 2020
- Land Rover marks a milestone with the Discovery Landmark - Hull Daily Mail - March 23rd, 2020
- Weight loss: From 125 to 80 kilos, this student lost a massive 45 kilos - Times of India - March 21st, 2020
- Posting Jokes and Memes About Weight Gain During COVID-19 Is Not OK - Allure - March 21st, 2020
- The Best Diet and Fitness Apps to Help Lose Weight and Stay Healthy - Chowhound - March 21st, 2020
- Gratitude in the Face of Crisis - The New York Times - March 21st, 2020
- Weight loss: Woman sheds 5 stone in 5 months & reversed type 2 diabetes with simple diet - Express - March 21st, 2020
- Weight loss: Are detox teas healthy? Here is all you need to know about their benefits, side effects - Times Now - March 21st, 2020
- It's OK To Stress-Eat & Gain Weight When You're In Coronavirus Lockdown - YourTango - March 21st, 2020
- Exactly What to Eat to Be Your Healthiest, by Bestselling Author Dr. Joel Fuhrman - The Beet - March 21st, 2020
- Instead of Gaining the Freshman 15, Aime Actually Lost Weight Her First Semester - POPSUGAR - March 21st, 2020
- These Are The Most Common Behavioral Habits That Can Stall Your Weight Loss, According To An MD - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 21st, 2020
- The Strangers Brandon Fellows reveals four and a half stone weight loss after cutting out takeaways and j - The Sun - March 21st, 2020
- Adorable & AdoptablePets of the Week: Leah, Molly, & Kittles - SweetwaterNOW.com - March 21st, 2020
- Common Health Problems Causing You to be Overweight - The Leader Newspaper Online - March 21st, 2020
- Carol Radull opens up on tough times that saw her lose Dad and brother - Pulse Live Kenya - March 21st, 2020
- Mailbag: How are the Gators handling the coronavirus pandemic? - GatorCountry.com - March 21st, 2020
- Watch when Tyson Furys press conference was crashed by the Wealdstone Raider, who called him out for a f - talkSPORT.com - March 21st, 2020
- Aussie mum sheds 65kgs thanks to her simple $2 trick! - That's Life! - March 21st, 2020
- How to EAT your way to a six pack while in isolation - Brinkwire - March 21st, 2020
- How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off - The New York Times - March 19th, 2020