A weight-loss journey could be inspired by many different reasons. One woman struggled with her body image from a young age and after piling on the pounds after her first child was born and struggling to drop any weight she found herself growing to a size 26 clothes before she overhauled her lifestyle and managed to drop six stone eight pounds by using a simple diet plan. What plan did she use?
Helen Dawe, 47, became a stranger in her own body as she looked down to her size 26 frame, she decided to embark on a weight loss journey after her growing weight became a huge problem for her, she discovered a brilliant weight loss diet plan which allowed her to reclaim her own body and slim down to a much healthier 16st 4lb.
At the beginning of her journey, Helen weighed 22st 12lb, a heavy diet of carbs, biscuits, crisps, cakes, and puddings contributing to her weight gain.
Helen had always been struggling with her size but it wasnt until she gave birth to her first child that she saw the pounds piling on.
She said: Growing up the tallest and biggest girl in my class meant I struggled with my body image from a young age.
I was always aware of my size, but my weight problems truly began after I had my first child in my 20s.
I couldnt shift the baby weight and I just seemed to get bigger and bigger.
Before long I was wearing size 26 clothes. From the outside, I appeared happy and jolly but my heart was telling a different story, she explained.
Reaching her limit in 2018, in a desperate attempt to lose weight she met with her GP to ask for a gastric band but after her BMI turned out to be one point below the threshold for consideration, she had to make a difficult decision.
Shortly before Christmas last year I went to ask my GP to ask for a gastric band. It was the only way out I could see and, in all honesty, I was crying out for help, she said.
My BMI was 44 one point below the threshold for consideration.
Do I put on the extra weight to qualify? Do I risk my blood changing for
the worse? Do I want type 2 diabetes? Am I happy the weight I am? These were the thoughts running through my mind.
Once 2019 came around the corner, Helen attempted several different weight-loss diets to shift some of her weight, but with low motivation, she didnt get far. After dieting for 28 days straight Id only lost 7lb, she explained.
But after trying multiple weight loss programmes, Helen discovered the LighterLife diet plan which helped her to shed six stone eight pounds.
My sister Vickie was the one who recommend I give LighterLife a go. Although we dont live in the same town she encouraged me to try out my free, she revealed.
This plan combined very-low-calorie diet (VLCD) Foodpacks with weekly CBT mindfulness sessions run by my Mentor, Tonia.
Instantly I found the meetings so supportive, which Id never had from a diet club before, and it was so refreshing to not talk about food or speak about our weight losses, instead focusing on unpicking many years of unhelpful behaviours around eating.
In the first week of being on the LighterLife diet plan she managed to lose eight pounds.
I lost 8lb in my first week. I couldnt believe it! Thats more than Id lost in the previous month.
Read the original post:
Weight loss: Woman reveals simple diet plan she used to drop more than six stone - Express
- There's evidence that exercise after consuming olive oil could trigger changes linked to longevity - Insider - INSIDER - February 27th, 2020
- Sen. Markey Encourages National Health Institute To Study Impact of Technology on Children - framinghamsource.com - February 27th, 2020
- How to be an ally to those with eating disorders - University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - February 27th, 2020
- The Real-Life Diet of Shake Shacks Executive Chef, Who Taste-Tests Burgers Between Marathons - GQ - February 27th, 2020
- At Eagles Trace, Relationships Thrive Through Connection - Patch.com - February 27th, 2020
- Simple Diet Changes Helped This Guy Build Muscle and Get Shredded in 6 Weeks - menshealth.com - February 27th, 2020
- Researchers found a cure for diabetes (in lab mice) - The Next Web - February 27th, 2020
- I ate like a toddler for a week, and it transformed my relationship with breakfast - Insider - INSIDER - February 27th, 2020
- After Sharing Struggles With Infertility, the Food Network's Katie Lee Has a Baby on the Way! - POPSUGAR - February 27th, 2020
- 5 reasons you are exercising and still not losing weight - Pulse Live Kenya - February 27th, 2020
- 5 Lifestyle Tweaks That Will Dramatically Improve One's Wellbeing, with Tomomi Tsuchio and Dr. William Seeds - Thrive Global - February 27th, 2020
- Trumps Doctor Thought He Had a Ticket to Congress. It Hasnt Been So Easy. - The New York Times - February 27th, 2020
- Health-benefits Of Human Anatomy From Science Exercise Routine - My Duhawk - February 27th, 2020
- Lose up to two stone in ten weeks - Galway Advertiser - February 27th, 2020
- Lifestyle Choices and Prostate Cancer - Cancer Therapy Advisor - February 27th, 2020
- 5 Effects of High Blood Pressure on Your Body - LIVESTRONG.COM - February 27th, 2020
- Former White House physician hid cauliflower in Trumps mashed potatoes to improve his diet - AlterNet - February 27th, 2020
- Baboons captured after running loose in Sydney's inner west - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 27th, 2020
- Weight loss story: This guy followed the Keto diet and lost 11 kilos in just 2 months! This is his diet - Times of India - February 24th, 2020
- Five ways to improve flexibility - The Guardian - February 24th, 2020
- How to lose belly fat: 6 easy ways to burn visceral fat, feel fitter and reveal your abs in 2020 - T3 - February 24th, 2020
- The importance of checking your blood pressure regularly - FOX 31 Denver - February 24th, 2020
- Staying heart healthy: What you need to know at the end of Heart Health Month - KRDO - February 24th, 2020
- Two Million People Could Be Diabetic In The Next 5 Years: Know The Best Preventive Tips For Keeping Type 2 Diabetes Away - Doctor NDTV - February 24th, 2020
- Signs Of Heart Disease When There Are No Obvious Symptoms - KERA News - February 24th, 2020
- Mediterranean diet scores another win for longevity by improving microbiome - CNN - February 24th, 2020
- The Sirtfood Diet: The 411 On Adeles Weight Loss Method - Momtastic - February 24th, 2020
- Signal of high blood pressure that you can find surprisingly in your hair - NewsDio - February 24th, 2020
- Prevention is key to maintaining a healthy heart - centraljersey.com - February 22nd, 2020
- Human Condition: When that long walk for exercise takes you to the ice cream parlor - The Advocate - February 22nd, 2020
- The Old Guy: Loving support for a partner with health concerns - SILive.com - February 22nd, 2020
- Foods That Help Ease Menopausal Symptoms - Everyday Health - February 22nd, 2020
- The Full List of Foods You Can Eat on the Noom Diet - GoodHousekeeping.com - February 22nd, 2020
- Kelly Ripa, 49, Quit Drinking and Eats an Alkaline Diet to Look and Feel Her Best - Prevention.com - February 22nd, 2020
- Mark Spitz: The Real-Life Diet of the Legendary Swimmer Who Still Does Imaginary Races Against Michael Phelps - GQ - February 22nd, 2020
- Father Forced His 9-Year-Old Daughter to Adopt Strict Diet and Exercise Regimen - Distractify - February 22nd, 2020
- Looking to Build a Stronger Butt? Here Are 5 Foods to Eat (and 2 to Avoid) - LIVESTRONG.COM - February 22nd, 2020
- How to lose visceral fat: The alternative exercise proven to reduce harmful belly fat - Express - February 22nd, 2020
- Fad of Matching Diet to DNA Ineffective, New Study Shows - The Great Courses Daily News - February 22nd, 2020
- Chin up vs pull up: what's the difference, muscles worked and WHAT IS THE BEST ONE? - T3 - February 22nd, 2020
- Flexitarian diet: All you need to know about this balanced diet option - Republic World - Republic World - February 22nd, 2020
- The Irish Times view on the Mediterranean diet: good for the gut - The Irish Times - February 22nd, 2020
- Benefits, fun can be found by getting fit in a group - The Robesonian - February 22nd, 2020
- DNA Diet Hailed as Key to Weight Loss, But Don't Bet Your Genes On It - Celebrity Health & Fitness - February 22nd, 2020
- Tips on using diet and exercise to prevent heart disease - WISHTV.com - February 19th, 2020
- Exercise Makes It Easier To Maintain A Healthy Diet, Doesnt Cause Increased Appetite - Study Finds - February 19th, 2020
- Mediterranean diet scores another win for longevity by improving microbiome - KTVZ - February 19th, 2020
- As Wave of Baby Boomers Enter Retirement, Journey Capital and SilverPoint Senior Living Team Up to Build Modern Senior Living Communities - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2020
- Personal trainers given tools to spot 'red flags' of eating disorders - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 19th, 2020
- How to eat, sleep, train and boost your mood during your menstrual cycle - Telegraph.co.uk - February 19th, 2020
- Weight loss tips: How to combine intermittent fasting & keto to lose weight, as per this guy who lost 33 kg - GQ India - February 19th, 2020
- Joel Reece encourages students to know their eating habits and avoid excessive refined carbohydrates - Ke Alakai - February 15th, 2020
- What Really Happens to Your Body When You Lose 10 Pounds - LIVESTRONG.COM - February 15th, 2020
- Gearing up for my annual battle with cabin fever - Lake Placid Diet by Andy Flynn - LakePlacidNews.com | News and information on the Lake Placid and... - February 15th, 2020
- Various classes offer students and community opportunities to practice mindfulness - University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - February 15th, 2020
- What we can all learn from Henry Cavill's health and wellbeing rituals - harpersbazaar.com - February 15th, 2020
- Using the bodys natural cycle to improve shift workers health - Medical News Today - February 15th, 2020
- Disordered Eating and Compulsive Exercise in Collegiate Athletes: Applications for Sport and Research - United States Sports Academy Sports Journal - February 15th, 2020
- Springfield Hospital Looks To Sever Ties With Clinics In Bankruptcy Plan - Vermont Public Radio - February 15th, 2020
- Following a keto diet could weaken your bones and increase your risk of injury - Luton Today - February 15th, 2020
- Start your Health Journey with Live Well Exercise Clinic - North Shore News - February 15th, 2020
- NewsRadio 1120 KMOX Released an Interview With STL Beds Owners and Family Members Dave and Doug Belleville - PR Web - February 15th, 2020
- Leg Cramps on Keto: Causes, Treatment, and More - Healthline - February 15th, 2020
- Horoscope today: Here are the astrological predictions for February 14 - Mumbai Mirror - February 15th, 2020
- Gwen Stefani Reveals 15 Things She Does To Look So Young - TheThings - February 15th, 2020
- Everything you need to know about carbs - 9Honey - February 15th, 2020
- The Best Diet And Fitness Tips Kate Middleton Swears By - Women's Health - February 12th, 2020
- Is there a connection between diabetes and heart health? - Monitor - February 12th, 2020
- FHN News: 20 tips for a healthy heart this Valentines Day - Freeport Journal-Standard - February 12th, 2020
- Bob Roper | The fires of California: Past the tipping point? - YubaNet - February 12th, 2020
- This Research-Backed Trick Can Help Healthy Eating Stick - Runner's World - February 12th, 2020
- How to live longer: Do this much exercise each week to increase your life expectancy - Express - February 12th, 2020
- Steps to Improve and Maintain Your Heart Health - DeKalb Daily Chronicle - February 12th, 2020
- This Man Lost 82 Pounds Through Fasting and Tackling the Carnivore Diet - msnNOW - February 12th, 2020
- Reducing the Risks - outsmartmagazine.com - February 12th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting is the best diet for weight loss, but the Mediterranean diet is easier to stick to and healthier overall, study finds - Business... - February 12th, 2020
- What is the alkaline diet and can it lead to weight loss? - ABC News - February 12th, 2020
- Embracing Your Postpartum Body And Ignoring The Pressure To "Bounce Back" - GirlTalkHQ - February 12th, 2020
- Phillip Schofield fitness: This Morning presenter reveals how he stays in shape - Express - February 12th, 2020
- Diabetes support group's good start The Voice - The Spalding and South Holland Voice - February 12th, 2020