HIT telly chef Tom Kerridge is a prime example when it comes to body transformations - having dropped from a whopping 30 stone to under 18 stone.
The Salisbury-born cook, 46, has managed to shed nearly half his body weight in just five years through a variety of healthy, weight loss techniques.
And he has been busy helping others follow in his footsteps through his popular programme Lose Weight and Get Fit on BBC2.
Here, we take you through the main ways Tom has transformed his physique...and kept the weight off.
Tom has credited something called the dopamine diet for helping him to blitz his body fat.
It involves boosting your levels of the so-called 'happy hormone' so that it's easier to stick to your diet.
There are different ways of doing the diet, however, all are based around food that is thought to boost dopamine levels in the slimmer.
Foods you're allowed to eat on the diet include unprocessed meat, dairy and dark chocolate, meaning that it doesn't overly restrict what you can eat.
Most versions of the diet recommend avoiding caffeine and processed sugar.
As well as diet changes, Tom also began a rigorous swimming routine to help him lose weight.
He started setting his alarm to 6.15am every morning so he could go swimming at the hotel up the road from his house.
He said: On a busy day I swim a kilometre; on a relaxed one Ill do a mile.
According to the University of California, Berkeley,swimmingburns an average of 600 calories an hour, depending on the stroke and intensity.
Tom says he became a lot more conscious of how many carbs he was munching on when he kickstarted his weight loss journey.
"Carbs are a big thing, he said.
"The more you understand it and the more you look into it, you see that there are so many carbohydrates involved in sugar as well."
When he was at his biggest, Tom admits he used to regularly skip breakfast.
At the start of his day he would usually consume just two pints of coffee and then snack later in the day on cheese on toast and packets of crisps.
However, he now makes sure he eats a hearty breakfast every day - eating things like overnight oats or omelettes.
One significant change Tom made to his diet regime was completely ditching booze.
He told the Radio Times: "I own pubs and, you know, Im quite good at tasting. So I knocked all booze on the head. Stopped drinking, went completely teetotal."
Tom says he gave up alcohol not just to make sure he was cutting out liquid calories - but also to help get in a healthy mindset.
He told Good Morning Britain: "Drinking on diets isn't good and that's on any diet. It's not a calorie thing or the sugar content, it's the mindset."
Tom believes that a big part of losing weight is about "arming yourself" with healthy alternatives.
This is so that when you're hungry, you aren't tempted to reach in the biscuit tin or gorge on a bag of crisps.
The Great British Menu star told The Spectator: "Celebrate the foods you can eat, instead of focusing on the ones you cant. Have low calorie skinny popcorn next to you."
Tom particularly enjoys having apples and grapes as a snack now - instead of chocolate or biscuits.
While Tom is all about eating healthy, he says it's important to let yourself have a treat every now and then.
He told GQ: "There is nothing wrong with a flapjack in the afternoon when you get that 4pm lull if everything else is in place."
Tom also pointed to Anthony Joshua who has a honed physique - but still allows himself to have a burger and chips every now and then.
SOMEONE LIKE NEW Adele's 7st weight loss is down to intermittent fasting, says TV diet guru
TAKE-A-YAY You CAN eat takeaway & lose weight - the best diet options from pizza to Chinese
ATOMIC FIT-TEN Kerry Katona weight loss - how the mum-of-5 shed staggering 2 stone
SLEEP EASY How to lose weight while you sleep with these 5 bedtime drinks
SON-YEAH! Natalie Cassidy weight loss: how EastEnders star shed staggering 3st
Kerry Katoned Kerry Katona shows off her incredible abs after doing yoga EVERY morning
NOT I-DELE Adele warned her '1,000-calorie a day' 7-stone weight loss 'isn't sustainable'
TOUGH COOKIE Weight loss: New cookie diet is taking Instagram by storm - but does it work?
HOW TO BE SLIMMER Rebel Wilson's weight loss - how the Pitch Perfect star shed the pounds
Tom, whose TV credits include MasterChef and The Great British Menu and whose Bucks gastropub The Hand & Flowers gained its second Michelin star in 2012, previously said he decided that he needed to change his diet during a moment of reflection around his 40th birthday.
"Say we live to 80. Well, I thought, Im halfway there. And then, I thought Im not going to get there. If Im like this, Im not going to make it," he said.
- Lockdown weight loss story: From an overweight kid to a fitness blogger, this guy's weight loss journey is incredible! - Times of India - June 30th, 2020
- Trying to shed extra kilos? Include these 6 snacks to achieve your goals - PINKVILLA - June 30th, 2020
- This Guy Shared What He Has Learned After Doing Intermittent Fasting for 7 Years - Men's Health - June 30th, 2020
- Tom Kerridge weight loss: how the Remarkable Places to Eat chef shed 12st - The Scottish Sun - June 30th, 2020
- Looking to lose weight in a healthy way? Try these desi weight loss breakfast recipes - India TV News - June 30th, 2020
- Yo Gotti Reveals A Massive Weight Loss Of 40 Pounds - Celebrity Insider - June 30th, 2020
- Lockdown weight loss: Here's how I lost 10 kilos in 3 months post my C-sec delivery - Times of India - June 30th, 2020
- Film Study: Why Skinny Jokic Should Thrive, Not Struggle In Nuggets Return - Forbes - June 30th, 2020
- Understanding The Link Between Hypertension And Obesity: Know How To Regulate Your Blood Pressure Numbers - NDTV Doctor - June 30th, 2020
- Should You Exercise On An Empty Stomach? Here's What The Experts Say - mindbodygreen.com - June 30th, 2020
- Is The Keto Diet Bad For You? Dangers Of The Low-Carb Diet - Women's Health - June 30th, 2020
- Rob Kardashian's Body Evolution Through the Years - MSN Money - June 30th, 2020
- Were all big guys: To hit their weight goals without provided meals, BSU football linemen had to adapt - The Star Press - June 30th, 2020
- Sixers' Zhaire Smith will miss Orlando restart with knee injury - PhillyVoice.com - June 30th, 2020
- First-person account: I got COVID in Boise. I'm fine, but here's what I went through - boisedev.com - June 30th, 2020
- Cork couple tell of simple tips that saw them lose five stone during lockdown - Irish Mirror - June 30th, 2020
- What Is The Mayr Method Diet Rebel Wilson Is Using To Lose Weight? - Women's Health - June 26th, 2020
- Smriti Irani shares a relatable post on the struggles of losing weight; it will make you laugh out loud - Times of India - June 26th, 2020
- The incredible weight loss of one of the best props in rugby history - Rugby OnSlaught - June 26th, 2020
- Man shed nearly 300 pounds, credits massive weight loss with helping him beat coronavirus, find love - Home - WSFX - June 26th, 2020
- How did Teen Moms Chelsea Houska lose all her weight? - The Sun - June 26th, 2020
- Collagen and your weight: The myth and merits - All4Women - June 26th, 2020
- How Chris Moyles shed 5st in weight loss transformation by ditching bread for juice and working with David - The Sun - June 26th, 2020
- After two miscarriages I gave up comfort food and lost nine stone to fulfil my dream of becoming a mum - The Sun - June 26th, 2020
- Sexual Abuse and Eating Disorders: What's the Connection? - PsychCentral.com - June 26th, 2020
- The man shed nearly 300 pounds, credits massive weight loss with helping him beat the coronavirus, finding love - NewsDio - June 26th, 2020
- Protein Powder with Coffee: Benefits, Downsides, and How To - Healthline - June 26th, 2020
- Walking to lose weight: Does it work? - TODAY - June 25th, 2020
- Rowing for Weight Loss: Calories Burned, Workout Plans, and More - Healthline - June 25th, 2020
- Not losing weight anymore? This can help - Jill Lopez - June 25th, 2020
- Resurge Reviews: Does It Really Work? [2020 Update] - Riverfront Times - June 25th, 2020
- Common foods that help you lose weight much faster - Checkersaga - June 25th, 2020
- When I Started Eating A Plant-Based Diet And Walking For Weight Loss, My Body Changed Almost Instantly - Women's Health - June 25th, 2020
- Four dals that are best for weight loss - Times of India - June 25th, 2020
- 5 Foods that will help you lose weight + recipes - All4Women - June 25th, 2020
- Homemade weight loss shakes to help stay in shape - Times of India - June 25th, 2020
- The pandemic, body image, and what matters most - al.com - June 25th, 2020
- 'I Lost 125 Lbs. With Rachel Hollis' Last 90 Days Challenge And Intuitive Eating' - Women's Health - June 25th, 2020
- Must be inclusive and diverse HUL drops Fair from their Fair & Lovely product line - ThePrint - June 25th, 2020
- Connor Wickham on breaking his duck, losing weight and his Sheffield Wednesday future - Yorkshire Live - June 25th, 2020
- MENTAL HEALTH: Why it's vital to seek support if you are having problems - Ilkley Gazette - June 25th, 2020
- Weight loss: How to lose your lockdown belly fat in 2 weeks - Express - June 20th, 2020
- Problem is everyone is trying to be good and perfect: Lifestyle coach, author Luke Coutinho - The New Indian Express - June 20th, 2020
- Healthy Diabetes Diet Helps Blood Sugar and Weight Management - The Good Men Project - June 20th, 2020
- 'Man of the Year' Andy's amazing transformation after losing more than 5st - Stoke-on-Trent Live - June 20th, 2020
- Experts say lockdown is a good time to think about healthy eating and lifestyle choices - The Sunday Post - June 20th, 2020
- Hes Horncastles Man of the Year - Horncastle News - June 20th, 2020
- What Is the Lazy Keto Diet? - Can You Lose Weight on the Lazy Keto Diet? - GoodHousekeeping.com - June 19th, 2020
- Gemma Collins reveals her desires to have a baby in her forties, talks losing weight to try to get pregnant - Yahoo Sports - June 19th, 2020
- Weight loss: Experts behind Adeles weight loss diet share the ultimate healthy snack - Express - June 19th, 2020
- The truth about the lazy keto diet - The List - June 19th, 2020
- Food mistakes to avoid during the lockdown if you are trying to lose weight - The Standard - June 19th, 2020
- Weight loss: Can the colour of your plate influence the numbers on your scale? - TheHealthSite - June 19th, 2020
- International Yoga Day 2020: From stress buster to weight loss; 7 reasons you cannot say no to yoga - Catch News - June 19th, 2020
- How Heat Inspired Derek Cianfrance and Mark Ruffalos Collaboration on I Know This Much Is True - Variety - June 19th, 2020
- The importance of physical activity for the over 40s - Wales247 - June 19th, 2020
- Jessica Simpson Is Teaching Her Daughters About Weight and Body Image - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 19th, 2020
- If losing your job to the pandemic destroyed your identity, here's how to find it - KTVZ - June 19th, 2020
- Using OMAD Diet Days And Weighing My Food, I Lost 195 Pounds In Less Than 2 Years - Women's Health - June 17th, 2020
- CHARLES ROMANS: Before calories and inches | Opinion - The Independent - June 17th, 2020
- Are the Rockets worried about James Hardens pre-existing condition? - Space City Scoop - June 17th, 2020
- 5 tips to shedding the 'quarantine 15': 'It's not just about looking in the mirror and trying to look fantastic' - Yahoo News - June 17th, 2020
- Three healthy foods that will keep you fit during quarantine - The Standard - June 17th, 2020
- One size doesn't fit all: the truth about working with a Financial Advisor - Gazettextra - June 17th, 2020
- Running to lose weight: Does it really work? - TODAY - June 16th, 2020
- How to Gain Weight Fast and Safely - Healthline - June 16th, 2020
- Knowing your BMR is crucial for losing weight -- here's how to find yours - CNET - June 16th, 2020
- Weight loss story: I could not fit into the outfit I really wanted, so I lost 20 kilos in just 7 months! - Times of India - June 16th, 2020
- Senna Tea: Benefits, Weight Loss, and Precautions - Healthline - June 16th, 2020
- Weight loss: Expert shares effective ways to burn belly fat fast - Express - June 16th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson shows dramatic transformation after weight loss in her new photos; Stuns in a bright blue outfit - PINKVILLA - June 16th, 2020
- Dwayne Haskins has lost a ton of weight this offseason and looks jacked (Photo) - FanSided - June 15th, 2020
- Nuggets All-Star Nikola Jokic appears to have lost a lot of weight, but is that good for his game? - CBS Sports - June 15th, 2020
- Switching to Ozempic(R) from another GLP-1 RA significantly reduced blood sugar and weight in people - PharmiWeb.com - June 15th, 2020
- Gemma Collins shows off her curves in summer dress after lockdown weight loss - The Sun - June 15th, 2020
- LeptoConnect Reviews Does It Really Work? - News Anyway - June 15th, 2020
- Intuitive eating can help burn fat the 10 diet principles to know - The Sun - June 15th, 2020
- Switching to Ozempic from another GLP-1 RA significantly reduced blood sugar and weight in people with type 2 diabetes in routine clinical practice -... - June 15th, 2020
- Weight Loss: 5 Bed time habits that will help you to hit your goals - PINKVILLA - June 15th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tricks: The Five Things Nutritionists Force You To Do Daily To Reduce Abdominal Fat And Lose Weight - Explica - June 15th, 2020