Conor McGregor looks in quite incredible shape ahead of his return to the Octagon later this month.
After competing at welterweight 12 months ago, Conor McGregor will drop back to what many consider his optimum weight of 155lbs for his upcoming rematch with Dustin Poirier in the main event of UFC 257.
While his numerous trips to featherweight on his meteoric rise to the pinnacle of mixed martial arts left McGregor looking drawn out and gaunt on weigh-in day, The Notorious is looking fit and strong ahead of his bout in Abu Dhabi on January 23.
McGregor relied on esteemed nutritionist George Lockhart for many of his cuts to 145lbs in the past but Monasterevin native Tristin Kennedy took charge of McGregors nutrition plans ahead of the Dubliners clash with Donald Cerrone last year.
McGregors coaching team is of the belief that the former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion is in the best shape hes ever been in ahead of his rematch with Poirier and Kennedy, who has a Masters degree in food, nutrition and health from University College Dublin, has explained how he prepared The Notorious for his next outing.
His diet consists of lean sources of protein: chicken, fish, salmon, beef, eggs, Kennedy told ESPN. Good complex carbohydrates. Good micro elements your herbs, basil, oregano. All these things are incorporated into the diet as a whole.
We have a great balanced diet. From multiple protein sources, multiple carbohydrate sources of wholesome foods. And thats the key. I hear people these days, theyre focused on one food or two or three foods. The key is to get nutrients from all foods. And thats what we incorporate and thats what we do.
Unlike many MMA fighters, McGregor is able to afford the most dedicated and specific nutrition advice for competition and he is availing of the perfect mix of appreciation for the requirement of energy for training and the anticipation of weight-cutting down to 155lbs.
Kennedy stopped short of revealing where McGregor is weight-wise, with just over two weeks to go until fight night, but he did confirm that McGregor has hit the targets hes been set ahead of the weight cut.
Kennedy continued: Its all about calories when youre trying to get down body composition. If you go too low on the calories, youre going to have fatigue. Youre going to have muscle degeneration. You dont want that. So its about the gradual step-down in calories and food. Then its about distributing the macros and having supplementation on point. And correlating all that nutrition to his training program.
When I follow the data of the training program, his schedule coming up, we can design a plan on the daily recipes catered to his liking and to his body composition. Its not just, Hey, heres a piece of chicken eat that.
We have full recipes catered to his liking and his body composition. We create a plan, we do a gradual descent in weight. On fight week, well have specific protocols.
Weve got benchmarks we want to hit along the way, which weve hit. And then on fight week, well be going into the more detailed manipulation of water and sodium and things of that nature to get him on the scales. And get him on the scales safely.
Kennedy also provided a sample meal plan that hes given McGregor, which looks like this:
Read More About: conor mcgregor, Dustin Poirier, UFC, UFC 257
- Aaron Rodgers Makes Personal Decision That He Candidly Admits Is Insulting to Many Green Bay Packers Fans - Sportscasting - January 15th, 2021
- Enhanced stroke care comes to Northern - Mount Airy News - January 15th, 2021
- London X City Publishes Health Care Article Discussing The Pros And Cons Of Diet Supplements And Diet Shakes - Press Release - Digital Journal - January 12th, 2021
- Brighter days ahead: Celebrate the New Year with a healthy start - The Lawton Constitution - January 12th, 2021
- Vegan Milk & Formula Options For Babies: When Is It Safe To Start? - BabyGaga - January 12th, 2021
- 10 Best Turmeric Supplements to Treat Inflammation, Arthritis, Fatigue and More - Observer - January 12th, 2021
- Peanuts In Winters: Nutritionist Tells How Many Peanuts You Should Eat In A Day - NDTV - January 12th, 2021
- Malachi Flynn: Bench knew they had to 'step up' - Yahoo Canada Shine On - January 12th, 2021
- Is 2021 the Year to Eat Like a Millennial? - AARP - December 31st, 2020
- Giloy health benefits: Reasons to add giloy to your diet and boost immunity - Times of India - December 31st, 2020
- Diabetes: Add The Goodness Of Guava To Your Winter Diet To Manage Blood Sugar Levels - NDTV - December 31st, 2020
- Expert reveals why New Years diets could do more harm than good - Extra.ie - December 31st, 2020
- Helping a Heart Transplant Patient Recover from Devastating Complications& a Year in the Hospital - NYU Langone Health - December 31st, 2020
- Keto-friendly fruits: 10 low-carb options and their benefits - Medical News Today - December 23rd, 2020
- How Many Eggs Can You Safely Eat In Day? Expert Reveals The Answer - NDTV - December 23rd, 2020
- 2,000 calorie diet: Is it healthful? - Medical News Today - December 23rd, 2020
- 'Is it really a healthy eating pattern?': Experts mixed on intermittent fasting - CT Insider - December 23rd, 2020
- Vitamin C for diabetes: Include this powerful nutrient in your diet to control blood sugar levels - TheHealthSite - December 23rd, 2020
- Fitness and Nutrition Trends of 2021 - Greatist - December 23rd, 2020
- Babies and Grapes: Age, Safety, Risks, Preparing, and More - Healthline - December 15th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting The facts - SHEmazing - December 15th, 2020
- Letter to the Editor: Feed your mind a daily diet of positivity and good vibes - Delaware State News - Delaware State News - December 15th, 2020
- Bananas Health Benefits: Know Why Experts Recommend Eating This Fruit Every Day - NDTV - December 15th, 2020
- 'The Last Blockbuster' exclusive sneak peek: Opening the store - Yahoo Canada Shine On - December 15th, 2020
- Hairdressers facing 10,000 COVID fine for building nightclub in basement with 100 revellers - Yahoo Canada Shine On - December 15th, 2020
- Florida's Keyontae Johnson upgraded to stable condition, breathing on his own - Yahoo Canada Shine On - December 15th, 2020
- Eat 6 times a day to lose weight under this program - WWLTV.com - November 26th, 2020
- 7 Ways to Help a Loved One with Eating and Swallowing Difficulties - Being Patient - November 25th, 2020
- UMMC diabetes education and care specialist offers advice on staying healthy during the holidays - The Daily News Online - November 25th, 2020
- The lights are on for Emma. Neighborhood glows teal as Stillwater teen battles cancer. - TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press - November 25th, 2020
- Organizations combat food insecurity with Thanksgiving meals to-go - Daily Illini - November 25th, 2020
- Your turn: How will you deal with the uninvited guest? - The Deming Headlight - November 25th, 2020
- Ways to manage holiday stress and remain safe amid COVID-19 pandemic - WCNC.com - November 24th, 2020
- How to Help Your Family Go Plant-Based and Be Healthy, By Doctors - The Beet - November 24th, 2020
- Whats intermittent fasting? The science behind it - ZME Science - November 24th, 2020
- How an innovative new pet food is providing help for cat lovers - Fast Company - November 24th, 2020
- Virtual Turkey Trots, Mocktails, And More: How The GBH Local Digital Team Is Celebrating Thanksgiving A Little Differently This Year - wgbh.org - November 24th, 2020
- What Happens to Your Cholesterol When You Go on a Keto Diet? - Everyday Health - November 20th, 2020
- 10 Minutes of Yoga During My Lunch Break Has Been Game-Changing For My Concentration - POPSUGAR - November 20th, 2020
- The Winchester Brothers Finally "Carry On" to Their Final Adventure in Supernatural Finale - POPSUGAR - November 20th, 2020
- Sophie Turner Honors Her Daughter Willa With a Beautifully Simple Tattoo - POPSUGAR - November 20th, 2020
- Your Eyes Aren't Deceiving You Taylor Lautner Isn't Sharkboy in We Can Be Heroes - POPSUGAR - November 20th, 2020
- Why I Don't Eat Protein Powder: To Fight Aging an Prevent Disease - The Beet - November 18th, 2020
- Are you a diabetic who loves sweets? Heres how you can safely savour them on Diwali - The Indian Express - November 18th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Why obesity is a risk factor for COVID complications - and how to lose weight - Express - November 18th, 2020
- Fluticasone propionate: What is it, and what does it treat? - Medical News Today - November 18th, 2020
- Self-Care in the Age of COVID and the Election - The Tablet Catholic Newspaper - November 18th, 2020
- Correction - The Robesonian - November 18th, 2020
- World Diabetes Day: Expert Tips For Diabetics To Enjoy Diwali Sweets And Fast Safely - NDTV Food - November 12th, 2020
- 7 simple home remedies to help battle bloating - Insider - INSIDER - November 12th, 2020
- Ask the Expert: Should I Be Counting Macros on My Plant-Based Diet? - The Beet - November 12th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson reveals 'holistic approach' is the secret to her 40lb weight loss - Yahoo Eurosport UK - November 12th, 2020
- Sweet truths - The New Indian Express - November 12th, 2020
- Pregnancy-Safe Foods That Will Satisfy Your Craving For Smoked Salmon - BabyGaga - November 12th, 2020
- Get to Know Spencer: The Engineer Who Snagged Tayshia's First Impression Rose - POPSUGAR - November 12th, 2020
- 5 Ways Carrie Underwood Stays Fit, Happy, and Motivated During Stressful Times - Prevention.com - November 12th, 2020
- Pet Column: Our pets are eating the wrong things - NW Evening Mail - November 1st, 2020
- We try NEXT MEATS meatless yakiniku: Does it live up to our meat-lover expectations? - SoraNews24 - November 1st, 2020
- Niacinamide: What It Is and What It Does for Skin - Greatist - November 1st, 2020
- Health benefits of the holiday season - Marinatimes - November 1st, 2020
- Exploring alternative proteins and their place in pet food - Pet Food Processing - November 1st, 2020
- Women over 40: health and lifestyle advice - Netdoctor - November 1st, 2020
- TECATE PAIRS WITH TAMALES IN A HOLIDAY PROMOTION MARKING MEXICAN AMERICAN FAMILY TRADITION - Food & Beverage Magazine - November 1st, 2020
- What Foraging in the Pacific Northwest Means in a Time of Uncertainty - Eater Seattle - November 1st, 2020
- What Is the Sirtfood Diet? Inside Adele's Reported Weight Loss Program - GoodHousekeeping.com - November 1st, 2020
- Fasting for Navratri? Here are some healthy and safe ways in which you can lose weight - The Indian Express - October 24th, 2020
- Freezing and Thawing Fresh Food: 8 Dos and Don'ts - Everyday Health - October 24th, 2020
- The 6 Types of Foods to Avoid With Ulcerative Colitis - Self - October 24th, 2020
- Brighter Bites Receives Walmart Foundation Grant to Expand Access to Fresh Produce and Nutrition Education Across Schools this Fall - PerishableNews - October 24th, 2020
- Tecate Pairs with Tamales in a Holiday Promotion Marking Mexican American Family Tradition - Abasto, Food and Beverage Industry News - October 24th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of aloe vera, from healing sunburn and reducing acne to helping with digestion - Insider - INSIDER - October 24th, 2020
- OPINION | Can tea really lower your blood sugar? - Health24 - October 24th, 2020
- 5 critical steps you can take to protect yourself from coronavirus and other infectious diseases - Times Now - October 24th, 2020
- Is intermittent fasting bad for you? These are the benefits and drawbacks of restrictive diets - and the healthiest way to lose weight explained - The... - October 21st, 2020
- Navratri Fasting Tips: 9 Expert-Recommended Foods That You Can Have Guilt-Free - NDTV - October 21st, 2020
- Tips to fast safely during this coronavirus pandemic - TheHealthSite - October 21st, 2020
- Everything you need to know about the diets loved by Zara McDermott, Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow - OK! magazine - October 21st, 2020
- Covid-19: Eating in the office cafeteria? Keep these pointers in mind - The Indian Express - October 21st, 2020
- Losing weight with fasting - Know what to eat during Navratri, tips, recipe to fast safely - Times Now - October 18th, 2020
- 9 of the best restaurants in Central Pa. for indoor dining during the pandemic: Mimis picks - PennLive - October 18th, 2020