If you use it correctly, you bodyweight is the ideal tool for burning fat. This gym-free session, designed by Ross Edgley and extracted from The World's Fittest App, the higher reps and minimal rest will push up your heart rate for maximum fat burning. There is no time to waste, so let's get to it.
1A) Bench Toe Taps: 20 reps, go straight to next move
All you need for this four-move circuit is a flat bench, box, chair or even a step. You're kicking things off with some fancy footwork. Start with one foot on the bench.
Now hop up with the other foot as you simultaneously hop down with the other. Then alternate to tap your feet onto the bench as fast as you are able. Go straight to the next move.
1B) Bench Dips: 10 reps, go straight to next move
As soon as you've finished your Bench Toe Tap, spin around and place your hands on the bench. Keep your feet flat on the floor and bend your knees slightly.
Flex at the elbow to bring yourself down towards the ground, until you feel a good stretch in your triceps. Push hard through your hands to bring yourself back to the start. Go straight to the next move.
1C) Lateral Step-Overs: 20 reps, go straight to next move
Jump back up again and stand to the right side of the bench, with your left foot on top. Push through your left heel and raise your body up onto the bench.
Touch down on the bench with your right foot, while hopping your left foot down to the other side. Drive back up and repeat, alternating each rep. Go straight to the next move.
1D) Bulgarian Split Squats: 20 reps, rest 60 seconds, then go back to the Bench Toe Taps. Do 3 circuits
Finally, spin around to face away from the bench, with one foot resting on the bench behind you. The top of your foot should be in contact, rather than your toes. Squat with your standing leg until the knee of your trailing leg almost touches the floor.
Then push through your front foot to stand back up. Do 10 reps on one side and then switch to the other. Rest for 60 seconds and then start the circuit again with 1A Bench Toe Taps. Do 3 circuits in total.
2) Jumping Lunge 30-20-10 reps, rest as little as possible...
Your fat-burning finisher is as simple as it is fiendish. You're going to do 30 reps, then 20, reps, then 10 reps - your aim is to complete each set without stopping. And to rest as little as possible between sets.
Lunge forward with one leg, until your back knee touches the ground. Then push hard through the front leg to spring up, switching your feet in mid-air to land with your other foot in front. Sink into the lunge and repeat. And repeat. And repeat...
THE WORLD'S FITTEST APP
From the team at Mens Health UK and athlete-adventurer Ross Edgley, The World's Fittest App puts 4 individual 12-week training plans at your fingertips. They have been designed using simple moves each with an easy-to-follow video demonstrations and only basic gym kit. All the plans are based on sports science fundamentals to make you fitter, leaner, stronger and faster, whatever your starting point and whatever your goal. Available on iOS and Android, start transforming your fitness today. It's the best day to start.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- I Work for Men's Health, I'm a Vegan and Exercise Five Times a Week. And I Caught Covid-19 - Men's health UK - March 29th, 2020
- Men's Health and Wellness Start-Up Vault Raises $30 Million in Series A Funding - BeautyMatter - March 29th, 2020
- Heres What 'Tiger King' Star John Finlay Looks Like With a New Set of Teeth - menshealth.com - March 27th, 2020
- Deschutes Wowza! Is the Rare Low-Calorie Beer That Tastes Great - menshealth.com - March 15th, 2020
- Should You Go to a Group Fitness Class During the Coronavirus Pandemic? - menshealth.com - March 15th, 2020
- 4 Things You Need to Know Before Buying Multivitamins - Men's health UK - March 15th, 2020
- Intermittent Fasting Eating Window - IF Weight Loss Tips - Men's Health - March 15th, 2020
- Toxic masculinity found to have an actual effect on mens health - Dazed - March 15th, 2020
- Sleep Impacts Performance More Than You Might Want to Believe - Men's Health - March 9th, 2020
- Its Official: Eggs Are Not Bad for You, According to New Research - Men's health UK - March 9th, 2020
- What Are The Symptoms of the Coronavirus Disease? - menshealth.com - March 3rd, 2020
- Why CrossFit Is Going After Your Grandpa - menshealth.com - March 2nd, 2020
- 35 Best Podcasts In Health & Fitness - Men's Health - February 26th, 2020
- 5 Reasons Men Over 40 Should Try HIIT Training Workouts - menshealth.com - February 24th, 2020
- PA Raiders and Western University looking to promote men's health - Mash Viral - February 24th, 2020
- 5 Reasons Guys Over 40 Should Try HIIT Training - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 22nd, 2020
- P.A. Raiders and Western University looking to promote men's health - paNOW - February 22nd, 2020
- Mens health: Overactive bladder and its burdensome complications among ageing Malaysians - Malay Mail - February 20th, 2020
- This Full-Body, Gym-Free Workout Will Add Muscle, Burn Fat and Build Mental Grit - Men's health UK - February 6th, 2020
- Joey Sasso of Netflix's The Circle Talks Keto & More in New Interview - menshealth.com - February 1st, 2020
- Henry Cavill Has Finally Addressed Those James Bond Rumours - Men's health UK - February 1st, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Buy the March Issue of Men's Health - Men's health UK - January 30th, 2020
- Vionic Morris Active Sneaker - MH Certified Review - Men's Health - January 30th, 2020
- Henry Cavill Explains How He Built Muscle and Burned Fat Simultaneously for 'The Witcher' - Men's health UK - January 30th, 2020
- This Full-Body Workout Builds Lean Muscle Fast and Only Needs One Piece of Equipment - Men's health UK - January 30th, 2020
- I worry for my teenage boys the beauty standards for young men are out of control - The Guardian - January 30th, 2020
- Gardner Minshew named Snickers 'Hungriest Player of the Year' - Jaguars Wire - January 30th, 2020
- How Getting Shredded Helped This Trans Man Find His Confidence - menshealth.com - January 27th, 2020
- This Man Gained Almost 20 Pounds of Muscle After Plateauing for Years - menshealth.com - January 27th, 2020
- This Couple Eliminated Nearly $100K of Debt in a Single Year - Men's Health - January 27th, 2020
- Try Using Kneeling Biceps Curls in Workouts to Grow Your Arms - menshealth.com - January 24th, 2020
- This 200-Rep Dumbbell Workout Spikes Your Fat-Burn and Builds Muscle - Men's health UK - January 24th, 2020
- 7 Intermittent Fasting Benefits That Aren't Weight Loss - Men's Health - January 13th, 2020
- How Stan Wawrinka Stays At The Top Of His Game - Men's Health - January 13th, 2020
- 5 Conventional Lifting Rules to Break to Build More Muscle - menshealth.com - January 12th, 2020
- Workout Finishers: 4 Short, Sharp Workout Finishers to Add To Try - Men's health UK - January 10th, 2020
- Getting the Bachelor's First Impression Rose Isn't That Important - menshealth.com - January 10th, 2020
- The Bodyweight Home Workout That Crushes Calories - Men's health UK - January 9th, 2020
- What You Need To Know About Muscle Dysmorphia And How To Overcome it - Men's Health - January 9th, 2020
- A Letter From The Editor: How Football Can Change Hearts And Minds - Men's health UK - January 9th, 2020
- The Ultimate Men's Pants Style Guide - Types of Trousers for Men - Men's Health - January 4th, 2020
- This Guy Lost 80 Pounds With a Little Help and a Fitness Tracker - menshealth.com - January 4th, 2020
- Male health: The serious challenges with which boys and young men contend - Open Access Government - January 4th, 2020
- Rich Brian on Diplo, Yoga, and Being a 'Meme Rapper' - menshealth.com - December 24th, 2019
- 'Snowglobing' Is the Newest Confusing Holiday Dating Trend - menshealth.com - December 24th, 2019
- Smoking Cannabis Possibly Increases ED Risk - Renal and Urology News - December 21st, 2019
- Men's Health: The modern masculinity bible that goes beyond the pages - Mediaweek - December 18th, 2019
- These Miansai x Fila Targa Sneakers are the Only White Kicks You Need to Own - Men's Health - December 13th, 2019
- Timbaland Explains His Weight Loss and Music - menshealth.com - December 13th, 2019
- Sparrow Caregivers get hairy to win Who-Grew-It-Best contest for men's health awareness - WSYM-TV - December 13th, 2019
- Men hate going to the doctor and that could lead to bigger health problems - WRAL.com - December 10th, 2019
- Andrew Luck and Jason Kander Show How the Strength Myth Crumbles - menshealth.com - December 8th, 2019
- Why James Smith Is The "Gordon Ramsay Of The Fitness World" - Men's Health - December 3rd, 2019
- Sports clubs take part in Movember in aid of mens' health - ForgeToday - December 3rd, 2019
- Rebranding Mens Mental Health: The Trojan Horse, A Bathroom Poster And Embracing The Ands - Forbes - November 29th, 2019
- Men's Health Therapeutics Market to Receive Overwhelming Hike in Revenues by 2024 - Montana Ledger - November 29th, 2019
- 12 of the Best Men's Joggers That You Can Wear (Almost) Anywhere - Men's health UK - November 28th, 2019
- Movember: a month dedicated to men's health - Brock Press - November 28th, 2019
- Fitness corner: In November, my thoughts turn to men's health - My Edmonds News - November 22nd, 2019
- Fit To Me T-Shirts Designed for Trans Men Were Created to Crush Body Insecurities - Men's Health - November 22nd, 2019
- Henry Cavill Shows Off 'The Witcher' Poster and Men's Health Images - Cosmic Book News - November 22nd, 2019
- Mens health: Secrets to healthy ageing and longevity for Malaysians - Malay Mail - November 22nd, 2019
- Loowit to host pinball tournament for a good cause - The Columbian - November 22nd, 2019
- Movember and No Shave November Bring Awareness on Mens Health - KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com - November 20th, 2019
- OPINION: Movember is about men's health, not your beard - The Daily Evergreen - November 20th, 2019
- Movember Monday: Mens heart health, minority health - WOODTV.com - November 20th, 2019
- New Jersey Mens Health | RWJBarnabas Health - March 12th, 2019
- Mens Health Magazine on the App Store - itunes.apple.com - November 18th, 2018
- Mens Health Month: Never too busy to focus on wellness ... - June 4th, 2018
- Common Foot Problems for Diabetic People - Men's Health Cures - June 4th, 2018
- Men's Health Month Calendar - Week 1 - SoClean - June 4th, 2018
- Men's Health | womenshealth.gov - March 26th, 2018
- Men's Fitness Books - Men's Health Books - Men's Health - November 6th, 2017
- Here's How You Can Get as Ripped as Chris Hemsworth, According to His Trainer - Men's Health - September 6th, 2017
- How High Doses Of Ibuprofen Can Mess With Muscle Growth ... - Men's Health - September 2nd, 2017
- How Apple Engineered Its Watch to Push You to Perform at Your ... - Men's Health - September 2nd, 2017
- 50% Of Guys Couldn't Find the Vagina On This Diagram - Men's Health - August 31st, 2017
- First-Time Dads Are Getting OlderBut Are There Risks? - Men's Health - August 31st, 2017
- Here's How Oral Sex Can Give You Cancer - Men's Health - August 31st, 2017
- Try This Workout Finisher From 2016 Ultimate Men's Health Guy Jedidiah Ballard - Men's Health - August 31st, 2017