Now that the world is anxiously navigating the minefieldthat is CoronavirusDisease 19 (COVID-19), many celebrities and reality stars have also beensharing their fears about, and preparation for, the virus. JanelleBrown, Kody Browns second wife and star of TLCs long-running reality showSister Wives, recently took to Twitter to share how the massive Brownfamily is preparing for the pandemic.
The Brownshave 18 children, 15 of whom are Kodys biological kids with his four wives(Meri, Janelle, Christine, and Robyn Brown), and three of whom he adopted fromRobyns first marriage. With such a huge family, its especially important forthe Browns to stay on top of the potential of contracting the virus.
Janelle explained that, when it came to the coronavirus, it was all about long-term preparation. The Sister Wives star added that the Browns religious background made them feel more prepared for emergencies and disasters.
On Mar. 9, Janelle wrote about the Brown familys emergencyreserves of food and other necessities in case of an epidemic or pandemic likethe coronavirus.
Growing up in the LDS church, we were encouraged to have afood storage, including t.p., to get us safely through natural disasters andeconomic hard times, Janellewrote. I have seen the wisdom of that advice and can definitely see thewisdom of that advice now!
Longtime Sister Wives fans have probably noticed the Browns preparedness in the past. The family buys large annual stores of meat to keep in freezers and regularly buys basic items like soap in bulk. The sister wives have also discussed their practice of canning and preserving food, especially produce, for long-term use in a public health emergency, natural disaster, or financial downfall.
Many SisterWives fans praised Janelle andher family for thinking ahead in terms of preparing for an emergency or hardtimes.
I grew up extremely poor and I will never not have astorage of food, one viewer wrote to Janelleon Twitter. Honestly, Im surprised more people dont have at least two weeksof the basics.
Another Sister Wives fan agreed about the importanceof preparedness, writingin a comment, Another RN here- My family has stocked up on cold and flumedicines, prescription drugs, canned foods, pet foods, Gatorade powder,powdered creamer, etc. Preparedness works!
Still, a few Twitter users warned Janelle against spreading panic and worry to her fanbase. Ok, but its one thing to prepared but what is going on now is unfounded panic! a commenter wrote in response. Just as many people die from other random viruses everyday. The average person is fine if common sense practices are used. The problem is common sense isnt very common at the moment!
The practice of staying prepared and putting an emphasis onfood storage is, indeed, part of a religious practice for the Browns.
Kody and his family are part of a fundamentalist Mormon sectcalled the ApostolicUnited Brethren (AUB). Members of the AUB share their faith origins andmany similar basic tenets, including scriptures and values, with members of theChurch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS church).
Fundamentalist Mormons practice and endorse polygamy. They broke off from the mainstream LDS church in large part because of their continued belief in plural marriage, which modern-day Mormons (members of the LDS church) no longer practice or agree with. However, they share similar values in terms of encouraging self-reliance, forethought, large families, avoiding debt, long-term planning, and thriftiness.
Moreover, some of the Sister Wives parents wereraised in the mainstream LDS church. Both Kodyand Janelle were raised LDS and converted to fundamentalist Mormonism as youngadults. Meanwhile, Meri, Robyn, and Christine were all raised in polygamousfamilies. Kody and Janelles LDS-based beliefs likely crossed over into theirpractice within the AUB sect.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has a guidefor members that encourages them to build a store of enough food, water, andmoney to last for three months at a minimum, just as Janelle suggested. Overtime, they encourage members to build an ever larger supply for long-term use.
Onemanual suggests, We encourage members worldwide to prepare for adversityin life by having a basic supply of food and water and some money in savings.We ask that you be wise, and do not go to extremes. With careful planning, youcan, over time, establish a home storage supply and a financial reserve.
Later, the guide states, Store foods that are a part ofyour normal diet in your three-month supply. As you develop a longer-termstorage, focus on food staples such as wheat, rice, pasta, oats, beans, andpotatoes that can last 30 years or more.
- Bananas with Milk: A Great Combination or Bad Idea? - Healthline - May 30th, 2020
- Most heated debate this week - should you eat peas for breakfast - Hertfordshire Mercury - May 30th, 2020
- RealEats Recognized by Partnership for a Healthier America as Improving Health and Wellness through Its Innovative "Fresh Meal" Product Line... - May 30th, 2020
- Week 9 of Jacqui and Jim Robbins' self-isolation diary for the Adver - Swindon Advertiser - May 30th, 2020
- Richmond inches toward opening its streets Greater Greater Washington - Greater Greater Washington - May 27th, 2020
- Rheumatoid Arthritis | Early Signs, Causes and Treatment - DrugWatch.com - May 27th, 2020
- Peanuts, eggs and your baby: How to introduce food allergens during the coronavirus pandemic - The Conversation CA - May 27th, 2020
- Hospital chief of staff provides guidance on COVID-19 and the Columbia Valley as we open up - Columbia Valley Pioneer - May 27th, 2020
- How to treat insomnia and get better sleep with self-care, therapy, or medication - Insider - INSIDER - May 27th, 2020
- Reviewing all the sponcon beauty products you definitely shouldnt try - Dazed - May 27th, 2020
- 1,200 calorie diet: Safety and how to do it - May 26th, 2020
- The Ketogenic Diet: A Detailed Beginner's Guide to Keto - May 26th, 2020
- Low-carb diet: Can it help you lose weight? - Mayo Clinic - May 26th, 2020
- The Big Gap Of Micronutrients In The Indian Diet - NDTV - May 26th, 2020
- Social Distancing - The Hard Hat of our Time - HeadStuff.org - May 26th, 2020
- Newsletter: What is it like to go through the Aurora COVID-19 testing site? - Kendall County Now - May 26th, 2020
- How The 80/20 Rule Can Save Your Life During The Coronavirus Reopening - Forbes - May 26th, 2020
- These Breathtaking Aerial Photos Capture U.S. Farmland Patterns Like You've Never Seen Before - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 26th, 2020
- 70 years of Batmobiles get their due in Warner Brothers documentary - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 26th, 2020
- Its Not Too Late to Watch Run If Youre Interested in Becoming Sexually Attracted to Domhnall Gleeson - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 26th, 2020
- Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: How to break your fast in a healthy way to avoid digestive troubles - Times of India - May 24th, 2020
- Pets are great, but think before adopting | News | ottumwacourier.com - Ottumwacourier - May 24th, 2020
- Inside the pilot program that Iowa State is using to bring back its athletes - Syracuse Journal-Democrat - May 24th, 2020
- Mum lost five stone in a year and became super fit after the dramatic birth of her baby - Berkshire Live - Berkshire Live - May 24th, 2020
- How to lose a stone and tone up during lockdown - The Times - May 24th, 2020
- Telehealth Visits Allow Patients to Connect to Care During COVID-19 - UC San Diego Health - May 24th, 2020
- What is FODMAP intolerance and how to relieve the symptoms - Insider - INSIDER - May 24th, 2020
- Ellie Goulding Reveals She Fasts for Up to 40 Hours at a Time: I Do It Very Safely - Us Weekly - May 19th, 2020
- Need a little lockdown weight loss? Eat MORE of these five foods and LESS of these blacklisted ones - T3 - May 19th, 2020
- How the Sixers Are Staying Fit and Eating Healthy at Home Right Now - phillymag.com - May 19th, 2020
- Reevaluating fish consumption advisories during the COVID-19 pandemic: Analysis - Environmental Health News - May 19th, 2020
- 6 Tips on How to Stay Active at Home - Freeport Journal-Standard - May 19th, 2020
- Ellie Goulding reveals she fasts up to 40 hours at a time - The Indian Express - May 19th, 2020
- How to get out of quarantine in good health and not overweight - The Times Hub - May 19th, 2020
- Ways to Fuel Your Immune System Not Just to Fight Off the Coronavirus - Reform Austin - May 18th, 2020
- One Twin Went Vegan. The Other Didn't. Here's What Happened to Their Bodies - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 18th, 2020
- Mix of straw and hay proves effective in stripping weight off ponies - study - Horsetalk - May 18th, 2020
- Mitchell Park's Fatty the parrot is missing - IOL - May 18th, 2020
- Born on this day - May 12: Jonah Lomu, All Blacks winger - IOL - May 18th, 2020
- From fighting off jaguars to eating frogs and SNAKES for 71 days the most shocking wilderness survival s - The Irish Sun - May 18th, 2020
- Your Cat Is Totally Allowed to Eat These 7 Human Foods We Asked 2 Vets to Be Sure - POPSUGAR - May 15th, 2020
- Ohio State experts offer tips for healthy transition to workplace as state reopens - Pike County News Watchman - May 15th, 2020
- As Boris Johnson vows to lose weight the 6 ways to do it safely - The Sun - May 15th, 2020
- 5 Genius Ways to Use Chia Seeds, According to Nutritionists - The Beet - May 15th, 2020
- The Pain of Perfection When You Live With a Chronic Illness - Yahoo News - May 15th, 2020
- Ohio State experts offer tips for healthy transition to post-COVID-19 workplace - The Ohio State University News - May 15th, 2020
- Eating to beat COVID-19, othersInterview - Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- Houston medical experts on how to be healthy during and after COVID-19 - CultureMap Houston - May 15th, 2020
- 6 Medicinal Mushrooms that Boost Immunity - One Green PlanetOne Green Planet - One Green Planet - May 15th, 2020
- For Your Fitness: When you want to be healthier - LaineyGossip - May 15th, 2020
- Staying safe, healthy amid pandemic during proposed reopenings: Dr Nina Radcliff - Press of Atlantic City - May 10th, 2020
- Is Brad Pitt Vegan? What You Need to Know - LIVEKINDLY - May 10th, 2020
- 9 Myths About Low-Carb Diets - Healthline - May 9th, 2020
- Can You Eat Fish Skin, and Is It Healthy? - Healthline - May 9th, 2020
- How to build muscle at home: 5 of the most effective muscle building tips for beginners (and pros too) - T3 - May 9th, 2020
- COVID-19: How effective has HR been so far? | theHRD - The HR Director Magazine - May 9th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting: How it can help you lose weight and even save money - CNET - May 9th, 2020
- Obesity does increase risk of death from Covid-19 but diets arent the answer, chief doc warns - The Sun - May 6th, 2020
- Your front line defence isn't masks and gloves: its health - Gulf Times - May 6th, 2020
- Fare Exchange: A crustless quiche, an easy side dish and a variation on banana bread - Chattanooga Times Free Press - May 6th, 2020
- Is It Safe to Dine Out? The Answer Is Extremely Partisan. - The Daily Beast - May 6th, 2020
- Need To Satisfy A Beauty Itch? We've Got 4 Safe Ways To Have Fun Right Now - mindbodygreen.com - May 6th, 2020
- Three Ways to Support a Healthy Food System During the COVID-19 Pandemic - EcoWatch - May 6th, 2020
- McDonald's in Harrow among the first fifteen restaurants to reopen - Harrow Times - May 6th, 2020
- Can You Eat Expired Yogurt? Heres What Food Safety Experts Have To Say - Women's Health - May 2nd, 2020
- Let the Sunshine In - The New York Times - May 2nd, 2020
- BARRATTS JOIN FORCES WITH WESSEX HEARTBEAT TO PROMOTE ISOLATION HEALTH TIPS - Island Echo - May 1st, 2020
- Is Corn Gluten-Free? Here's What to Know - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 1st, 2020
- McDonald's confirms when it will begin to re-open branches across the UK - NW Evening Mail - May 1st, 2020
- Millions Of Zimbabweans Are Already Struggling To Put Food On The Table UN Report - ZimEye - Zimbabwe News - May 1st, 2020
- Coping with Corona: Inclined to recline - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - May 1st, 2020
- Irrfan Khan's Son, Babil Shares a Video of the Late Actor Eating Pani Puri and it's Bound to Make You Smile - LatestLY - May 1st, 2020
- Excerpt: Fix it With Food; Superfoods to become Superhealthy by Kavita Devgan - Hindustan Times - April 30th, 2020
- Weight Loss Transformation Erika Winning Run to Lose Weight - runnersworld.com - April 30th, 2020
- Diabetes and Ramadan: Frequently asked questions - Greater Kashmir - April 30th, 2020
- How to Manage Stress Migraines During the Coronavirus Outbreak - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - April 30th, 2020
- Six-Pack Abs: How Long Does It Take, Nutrition, and Exercise - Greatist - April 30th, 2020
- Opinion: Column: And So It Begins - Virginia Connection Newspapers - April 30th, 2020
- What to do if you find a baby bird on the ground - Deseret News - April 23rd, 2020
- Hunters, anglers, even Fish and Wildlife commissioners say restrictions on recreation should be lifted - The Spokesman-Review - April 23rd, 2020