Weight loss diets come in many different forms so knowing the best one to use can be a challenge.The ITV show, Save Money:Lose Weight, road tested different plans to see which gets the best results without spending too much money. So does the Eat Yourself Healthy and Pegan diet really work?
The Eat Yourself Healthy diet is an an anti-inflammatory and fibre rich diet, that suggests that by eating healthy food options high in fibre slimmers will be able to lose weight more naturally and prevent gut inflammation.
According to scientific studies, there is a close connection between food, inflammation and various diseases. So, what causes inflammation in the gut?
Lack of exercise, stress, genetic predisposition, and exposure to toxins can all contribute to chronic inflammation, but dietary choices play a big role as well.
READ MORE:Tom Watson: Former MP reveals secrets to 8 stone weight loss
Learning how specific foods influence the inflammatory process is the best strategy for containing it and reducing long-term disease risks, saidDr. Andrew Weil.
How can you control inflammation with food? By selecting and preparing foods that will reduce inflammation as well as provide steady energy by being rich in vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids & fibre.
By sticking to foods that contain fibre, protein and plant-based fat, the nutrients in the foods slow down digestion and help you to feel fuller for longer which does wonders for weight loss.
Another key factor in the diet is to stay hydrated. So drinking water, or drinks that are mostly water (tea, very tilted fruit juice, water with lemon, min, cucumber) throughout the day ensures that you are Eat Yourself Healthy.
According to experts and studies, the diet is successful to an extent but is not a short-term solution, followers of this diet are expected to overhaul the diet completely - and often permanently - to see the success of the diet.
According to the programme to sustain theEat Yourself Healthy diet, typically it wouldcost a slimmer around 320 a month to stay on this diet.
The Pegan diet is all about fresh, wholesome foods, enjoyed in balance with each other and in accordance with what your body naturally craves, Amelia Levin writes in the first chapter of her book, The Complete Pegan Diet for Beginners.
The Pegan diet combines some principles of the paleo diet and veganism and prescribes a plant-based eating style.
Dr. Mark Hyman first coined the term on his blog in 2014, but the philosophy has only since picked up steam.
Followers of the diet eat vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, and eggs and avoid dairy, grains, legumes, sugar, and processed foods.
But does the diet really work?
While the Pegan diet may work,according to experts, the Pegan diet is often deemed as hard to follow and its severely restrictive and most slimmers find that they can not follow this diet long-term.
It would cost a slimmer around 270 a month to be on this diet, according to the weight loss programme.
The Pegan diet is cheaper to sustain than theEat Yourself Healthy diet by 50.
Save Money: Lose Weight airs Thursdayson ITV at 8:30pm.
- The OMAD diet for weight loss: Everything you need to know - 7NEWS.com.au - September 28th, 2020
- 8 Foods and Beverages to Avoid with Arthritis - Healthline - September 28th, 2020
- PCOS And Infertility: Here's What You Need To Know - NDTV Doctor - September 28th, 2020
- Victoria Beckham: Everything I do in a day from my skincare regime to my diet and exercise - Telegraph.co.uk - September 28th, 2020
- Four Women Reveal Their Horror Stories of Teddi Mellencamp's 'All In by Teddi' Diet - The Daily Beast - September 28th, 2020
- Dieting: Weighing the good and bad - The New Times - September 28th, 2020
- The Future of Cancer Treatment - NewsPatrolling - September 28th, 2020
- The breakfast snack to help you live longer and avoid heart disease symptoms - Express - September 28th, 2020
- SRMC doctor offers suggestions for Women's Health Day - The-review - September 25th, 2020
- Keeping COVID at bay - Mountain Xpress - September 25th, 2020
- Can You Boost Your Metabolism? Here's What the Science Says - Discover Magazine - September 25th, 2020
- Cracking the code to live your best life: Canadian DNA testing companies, dnaPower and Inagene, partner to unlock true personalized health through... - September 25th, 2020
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja calls PCOS the bane of my life, shares 3 tips with fans on how to combat it in... - Hindustan Times - September 25th, 2020
- Try this diet combination with side planks, it will reduce belly fat fast - Pledge Times - Pledge Times - September 25th, 2020
- 17 Best Protein Powders of 2020: Whey, Casein, and Plant-Based - Greatist - September 25th, 2020
- Morning vs. Evening: Whats a better time to exercise to lose weight? - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- A man in the US dies of consuming excessive mulethi (licorine). Know how much is too much - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- Dr. Anthony Fauci addresses why COVID-19 has severely hurt the... - Hays Free Press - September 25th, 2020
- What is the Dukan diet: the extreme diet Kate Middleton followed to lose weight before her wedding - RSVP Live - September 25th, 2020
- Dietitian reveals how to naturally detox your body - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- Menopause Diet Tips: Know What To Eat And Avoid To Reduce Symptoms - NDTV Doctor - September 25th, 2020
- The vegetable you should AVOID or risk deadly high blood pressure - are you at risk? - Express - September 25th, 2020
- Immunity Tips: 5 Simple Tips To Strengthen Your Immune Function - NDTV - September 25th, 2020
- Three of the best exercises to lower your risk of a deadly heart attack - Express - September 25th, 2020
- The strange case of the man who died after eating too much licorice - East Idaho News - September 25th, 2020
- Omarion Reveals What He Eats in a Day to Stay Shredded - menshealth.com - September 23rd, 2020
- How to live longer: The lifestyle habits that may add at least six years to your life - Express - September 23rd, 2020
- Heres how healthy behaviour, diet and exercise in one partner affects healthy habits of other partner... - Hindustan Times - September 23rd, 2020
- Struggling To Lose Weight? This MD Says Knowing Your "Weight Loss Type" Will Help - mindbodygreen.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Luxor Sayville on the CICO Diet and if It Can Work for You - Long Island, NY Patch - Patch.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Belly fat linked to early death, study finds - ABC17News.com - September 23rd, 2020
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Including a certain exercise in your day may burn the fat - Express - September 23rd, 2020
- Dear Dietitian: Examining the connection between syndrome and diabetes - Nueces County Record Star - September 23rd, 2020
- Local Doctors Using Breakthrough Treatments, Pain Management Education to Help Chronic Pain Sufferers Through the Pandemic - Woodlands Online - September 23rd, 2020
- Dr. DeAun Nelson Wants to Change How We Think About Weight and Health Care - Willamette Week - September 23rd, 2020
- How to Create and Maintain Good Habits Even When You Lose Motivation - WTNZ - September 23rd, 2020
- Excellent sources of protein for those on a vegan diet - The Indian Express - September 23rd, 2020
- This Is the Weight-Loss Program That Actually Worked for LIVESTRONG.com Readers Across the Country - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 23rd, 2020
- Reduce the Risk of Developing Dementia - City News Group, Inc - September 23rd, 2020
- Hot baths and saunas: Beneficial for your heart? - Harvard Health - Harvard Health - September 23rd, 2020
- Did you know? 5 surprising things that can trigger a heart attack; steps to keep you fit and healthy - Times Now - September 23rd, 2020
- VIDEO: Three simple steps to better digestive health that you can take today - Press and Journal - September 23rd, 2020
- Why you should not take whey protein at night? - TheHealthSite - September 23rd, 2020
- Study: Twist On Traditional Mediterranean Diet May Be Ideal For Cardiovascular Health - CBS Miami - September 20th, 2020
- Exercise and diet are more important than ever with the coronavirus at large - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - September 20th, 2020
- 7 Heart Healthy Tips for Your 30s to Prevent High Blood Pressure - Healthline - September 20th, 2020
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Teddi Gets Emotional Talking Diet Plan Backlash - Screen Rant - September 20th, 2020
- Dr. Fauci: 3 everyday things you can do to help boost your immune system - CNBC - September 20th, 2020
- Colon and Rectal Cancer Can Be a Reality For Gen-X, Millennials, and Gen-Z - Curetoday.com - September 20th, 2020
- Briana and Ryan Culberson Have Lost 150 Pounds on the Keto Diet - Bravo - September 20th, 2020
- High blood pressure: Be aware of the salty six if you want to lower your reading - Express - September 20th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of having pulses in your daily diet - NEWS HEADS - September 20th, 2020
- Metabolic syndrome, which increases the risk of heart disease, affects one in two seniors here - The Straits Times - September 20th, 2020
- Fitness secrets from Ayurveda - Times of India - September 8th, 2020
- How Halle Berry Is More Fit and Stunning Than Ever: Her Diet, Fitness, Beauty Tips and Tricks! - KVUE.com - September 8th, 2020
- How to live longer - the very best exercise to add years onto your lifespan - Express - September 8th, 2020
- A doctor's open apology to those fighting overweight and obesity - The Wilton Bulletin - September 8th, 2020
- Plant-based diets shine when looking at the gut microbiome - Contemporary Pediatrics - September 8th, 2020
- The Long Con: Martin Wachter on how he got in shape through diet and exercise - CalvinAyre.com - September 8th, 2020
- Why the first three weeks of a diet are crucial, according to new study - 9Coach - September 8th, 2020
- Horoscope today: Here are the astrological predictions for September 09 - Mumbai Mirror - September 8th, 2020
- The secret to Randy Arozarenas rise with Rays? Chicken and rice - Tampa Bay Times - September 8th, 2020
- The Worst Ab Workout Mistakes and How to Fix Them - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 8th, 2020
- Heart attack prevention: The best lifestyle to reduce your risk of a heart attack - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Surviving COVID-19 Together - Pain News Network - September 8th, 2020
- Best supplements for high blood pressure - the 99p capsules to avoid deadly hypertension - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Chadwick Boseman's death is tragic. Here's what you need to know about colon cancer. - Big Think - September 8th, 2020
- Here are five foods that can help regulate blood sugar or prevent type 2 diabetes - Times Now - September 8th, 2020
- Lose weight with the worlds top 10 diets from keto to Slimming World - The Sun - September 8th, 2020
- Lifestyle choices can reduce the risk of chronic kidney disease - Tennis World USA - September 8th, 2020
- National Nutrition Week 2020: 8 simple tips to stay healthy and fit - The Indian Express - September 8th, 2020
- How to take the best poop, according to science - Business Insider - Business Insider - September 8th, 2020
- Watch What Happened When This Guy Followed LeBrons Diet and Workout for a Day - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 6th, 2020
- What is Ayurveda? - Science Times - September 6th, 2020
- Tony Gonzalez Thinks Sleep Is the Fountain of Youth - GQ - September 6th, 2020
- Miley Cyrus Reveals She Quit Her Vegan Diet For Health Reasons, Was 'Running On Empty' - Women's Health - September 6th, 2020
- 'I kept asking, they said I was too young' | The risks of colon cancer - FirstCoastNews.com WTLV-WJXX - September 6th, 2020
- Cant Stick To A Healthy Diet For Long? Try These Easy Ways For Better Results This Time - MensXP.com - September 6th, 2020
- Online event on importance of balanced diet - The Tribune India - September 6th, 2020
- Meet slimmer Vicki who lost more than 3st after changing her diet and taking up Thai boxing - Stoke-on-Trent Live - September 6th, 2020