Weight loss diets come in many different forms so knowing the best one to use can be a challenge.The ITV show, Save Money:Lose Weight, road tested different plans to see which gets the best results without spending too much money. So does the Eat Yourself Healthy and Pegan diet really work?
The Eat Yourself Healthy diet is an an anti-inflammatory and fibre rich diet, that suggests that by eating healthy food options high in fibre slimmers will be able to lose weight more naturally and prevent gut inflammation.
According to scientific studies, there is a close connection between food, inflammation and various diseases. So, what causes inflammation in the gut?
Lack of exercise, stress, genetic predisposition, and exposure to toxins can all contribute to chronic inflammation, but dietary choices play a big role as well.
READ MORE:Tom Watson: Former MP reveals secrets to 8 stone weight loss
Learning how specific foods influence the inflammatory process is the best strategy for containing it and reducing long-term disease risks, saidDr. Andrew Weil.
How can you control inflammation with food? By selecting and preparing foods that will reduce inflammation as well as provide steady energy by being rich in vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids & fibre.
By sticking to foods that contain fibre, protein and plant-based fat, the nutrients in the foods slow down digestion and help you to feel fuller for longer which does wonders for weight loss.
Another key factor in the diet is to stay hydrated. So drinking water, or drinks that are mostly water (tea, very tilted fruit juice, water with lemon, min, cucumber) throughout the day ensures that you are Eat Yourself Healthy.
According to experts and studies, the diet is successful to an extent but is not a short-term solution, followers of this diet are expected to overhaul the diet completely - and often permanently - to see the success of the diet.
According to the programme to sustain theEat Yourself Healthy diet, typically it wouldcost a slimmer around 320 a month to stay on this diet.
The Pegan diet is all about fresh, wholesome foods, enjoyed in balance with each other and in accordance with what your body naturally craves, Amelia Levin writes in the first chapter of her book, The Complete Pegan Diet for Beginners.
The Pegan diet combines some principles of the paleo diet and veganism and prescribes a plant-based eating style.
Dr. Mark Hyman first coined the term on his blog in 2014, but the philosophy has only since picked up steam.
Followers of the diet eat vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, and eggs and avoid dairy, grains, legumes, sugar, and processed foods.
But does the diet really work?
While the Pegan diet may work,according to experts, the Pegan diet is often deemed as hard to follow and its severely restrictive and most slimmers find that they can not follow this diet long-term.
It would cost a slimmer around 270 a month to be on this diet, according to the weight loss programme.
The Pegan diet is cheaper to sustain than theEat Yourself Healthy diet by 50.
Save Money: Lose Weight airs Thursdayson ITV at 8:30pm.
- Tips on using diet and exercise to prevent heart disease - WISHTV.com - February 19th, 2020
- Exercise Makes It Easier To Maintain A Healthy Diet, Doesnt Cause Increased Appetite - Study Finds - February 19th, 2020
- Mediterranean diet scores another win for longevity by improving microbiome - KTVZ - February 19th, 2020
- As Wave of Baby Boomers Enter Retirement, Journey Capital and SilverPoint Senior Living Team Up to Build Modern Senior Living Communities - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2020
- Personal trainers given tools to spot 'red flags' of eating disorders - The Sydney Morning Herald - February 19th, 2020
- How to eat, sleep, train and boost your mood during your menstrual cycle - Telegraph.co.uk - February 19th, 2020
- Weight loss tips: How to combine intermittent fasting & keto to lose weight, as per this guy who lost 33 kg - GQ India - February 19th, 2020
- Joel Reece encourages students to know their eating habits and avoid excessive refined carbohydrates - Ke Alakai - February 15th, 2020
- What Really Happens to Your Body When You Lose 10 Pounds - LIVESTRONG.COM - February 15th, 2020
- Gearing up for my annual battle with cabin fever - Lake Placid Diet by Andy Flynn - LakePlacidNews.com | News and information on the Lake Placid and... - February 15th, 2020
- Various classes offer students and community opportunities to practice mindfulness - University of Virginia The Cavalier Daily - February 15th, 2020
- What we can all learn from Henry Cavill's health and wellbeing rituals - harpersbazaar.com - February 15th, 2020
- Using the bodys natural cycle to improve shift workers health - Medical News Today - February 15th, 2020
- Disordered Eating and Compulsive Exercise in Collegiate Athletes: Applications for Sport and Research - United States Sports Academy Sports Journal - February 15th, 2020
- Springfield Hospital Looks To Sever Ties With Clinics In Bankruptcy Plan - Vermont Public Radio - February 15th, 2020
- Following a keto diet could weaken your bones and increase your risk of injury - Luton Today - February 15th, 2020
- Start your Health Journey with Live Well Exercise Clinic - North Shore News - February 15th, 2020
- NewsRadio 1120 KMOX Released an Interview With STL Beds Owners and Family Members Dave and Doug Belleville - PR Web - February 15th, 2020
- Leg Cramps on Keto: Causes, Treatment, and More - Healthline - February 15th, 2020
- Horoscope today: Here are the astrological predictions for February 14 - Mumbai Mirror - February 15th, 2020
- Gwen Stefani Reveals 15 Things She Does To Look So Young - TheThings - February 15th, 2020
- Everything you need to know about carbs - 9Honey - February 15th, 2020
- The Best Diet And Fitness Tips Kate Middleton Swears By - Women's Health - February 12th, 2020
- Is there a connection between diabetes and heart health? - Monitor - February 12th, 2020
- FHN News: 20 tips for a healthy heart this Valentines Day - Freeport Journal-Standard - February 12th, 2020
- Bob Roper | The fires of California: Past the tipping point? - YubaNet - February 12th, 2020
- This Research-Backed Trick Can Help Healthy Eating Stick - Runner's World - February 12th, 2020
- How to live longer: Do this much exercise each week to increase your life expectancy - Express - February 12th, 2020
- Steps to Improve and Maintain Your Heart Health - DeKalb Daily Chronicle - February 12th, 2020
- This Man Lost 82 Pounds Through Fasting and Tackling the Carnivore Diet - msnNOW - February 12th, 2020
- Reducing the Risks - outsmartmagazine.com - February 12th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting is the best diet for weight loss, but the Mediterranean diet is easier to stick to and healthier overall, study finds - Business... - February 12th, 2020
- What is the alkaline diet and can it lead to weight loss? - ABC News - February 12th, 2020
- Embracing Your Postpartum Body And Ignoring The Pressure To "Bounce Back" - GirlTalkHQ - February 12th, 2020
- Phillip Schofield fitness: This Morning presenter reveals how he stays in shape - Express - February 12th, 2020
- Diabetes support group's good start The Voice - The Spalding and South Holland Voice - February 12th, 2020
- Lifestyle secrets of some of the worlds oldest people - Daily Nation - February 12th, 2020
- Executives reveal which fad diets actually work - The Australian Financial Review - February 12th, 2020
- A Cigarette in One Hand and a Fitbit on the Other - Medscape - February 12th, 2020
- These 4 Industries Trending for Growth This Year - Small Business Trends - February 9th, 2020
- Beyond Drug Therapy: Comprehensive lung cancer treatment approach at Ohio State integrates diet, exercise, physical therapy and relaxation techniques... - February 9th, 2020
- The power of aerobic exercise - The New Times - February 9th, 2020
- Lose visceral fat: How to get rid of the dangerous belly fat - four steps to follow - Express - February 9th, 2020
- Weight loss: Expert reveals fat-busting diet plan - what can you eat? - Express - February 9th, 2020
- Happy Meals: Making Positive Change To Diet Also Helps Ward Off Depression - Study Finds - February 9th, 2020
- What is the effect of optimism on diet quality? - Medical News Bulletin - February 9th, 2020
- Lifestyle secrets of some of the world's oldest people - nation.co.ke - February 9th, 2020
- Coronavirus: What parents should know and do - Harvard Health Blog - Harvard Health - February 9th, 2020
- Psychiatric practice opened in The Mill - observer-me.com - February 9th, 2020
- Add Fat to Diet the Healthy Way by Avoiding These Common Mistakes - LIVESTRONG.COM - February 9th, 2020
- The art of ageing gracefully - Daily Pioneer - February 9th, 2020
- Compare popular diets in one place with the help of a nutritionist - ABC News - February 9th, 2020
- Taylor Swift And The Gray Area Of Disordered Eating - BuzzFeed News - February 9th, 2020
- How to lose weight like this guy who lost 20 kg with the help of this diet & CrossFit routine - GQ India - February 9th, 2020
- Charlize Theron Credits Pilates And A Plant-Based Diet For Her Oscar-Worthy Physique - Women's Health - February 9th, 2020
- Changing Careers Later in Life By Furthering Your Education and Wellness - FE News - February 9th, 2020
- Vitagene DNA will give you a diet plan genetically tailored to you - Deseret News - January 29th, 2020
- Charlize Theron Losing Weight From Diet & Exercise Routine - Radar Online - January 29th, 2020
- How to lower blood pressure with a heart-healthy diet and exercise - INSIDER - January 29th, 2020
- The benefits of including dairy in your diet - Thecountypress - January 29th, 2020
- Lorraine Kelly weight loss: ITV star used one trick to drop two dress sizes - what was it? - Express - January 29th, 2020
- Charlize Theron Losing Weight From Diet & Exercise Routine - The Bulletin Time - January 29th, 2020
- Sleep and Muscle Growth: Why You Need Sleep to Get Fit - LIVESTRONG.COM - January 29th, 2020
- Universal Kidney Arteriosclerosis Screenings Critically Important for People with Lupus Nephritis - Lupus Foundation of America - January 29th, 2020
- How to improve your mental health with proper diet and yoga - News Landed - January 29th, 2020
- Boehringer Ingelheim and Lilly's Blood Sugar Combo Pill Approved - PharmaLive - January 29th, 2020
- Socialise your way to good health - The New Indian Express - January 29th, 2020
- Four In Ten Have Suffered From Work Burnout - Spin1038 - January 29th, 2020
- 'Meal Prepping And Discovering CrossFit Helped Me Escape A Vicious Cycle Of Emotional Eating' - Women's Health - January 29th, 2020
- This is how Yale researchers say to approach the Keto diet - Ladders - January 29th, 2020
- Dementia care: Drinking this fruit juice may reduce your risk of developing the condition - Express - January 29th, 2020
- Diet Demand Analyzes Weight Loss Surgery: List of Pros and Cons - Yahoo Finance - January 28th, 2020
- Improve Brain Health with Diet, Exercise and Less Stress - EVENT NEWS - January 28th, 2020
- Keep it simple: 4 small lifestyle changes that will improve your health - KSL.com - January 28th, 2020
- Which exercises help sculpt your abs, and how to do them at home - INSIDER - January 28th, 2020
- Drs. Oz & Roizen:Treating chronic dry mouth; the relationship between exercise and lower cancer risk - The Union Leader - January 28th, 2020
- Jobs leaving half of workers too tired to exercise - Irish Examiner - January 28th, 2020
- 'The Biggest Loser' is back on TV. Get ready for ramped-up fat-shaming and dangerous diets. - NBCNews.com - January 28th, 2020
- From headaches to heart disease: How your diet can improve your health - Global News - January 28th, 2020
- Study Sees Rise in Lonely Americans, and the Workplace Might Play a Part - Occupational Health and Safety - January 28th, 2020