There are many things sabotaging people from proper, rapid weight loss. Wine beverage people have their own brains and anxiety to get in the manner (which is the reason I use hypnosis, NLP, and EFT to assist) but there are myths out there that make people think incorrectly about rapid, safe dieting. Offer seen, Losing more than one to two pounds a week is unsafe? Or You should never skip breakfast! That messes up your metabolism! or Look how those French people eat! That plate is tiny! That cant be enough! Medicines and supplements can enhance your weight loss! These are a handful of the myths people say to me and my patients when they embark on the rapid weight loss plans I place them on for fast, healthy weight release.
Well, as a physician, I too have heard these things from nutritionists, dietitians, and other doctors and expert colleagues who still work under an old paradigm of whats right and wrong in dieting. Im here to share a new paradigm to bust these myths to enable you to lose weight safely and rapidly just as your body has been designed to do.
As a physician who has successfully helped 50 patients lose a total of 2000 pounds, or typically 40 pounds each, in a 5 month period, Let me tell you that these myths only get in how of healthy and safe rapid weight loss. And NO! These patients did NOT have gastric bypasses or lap bands! They used their bodies natural weight loss guides to succeed.
Lets talk body basics. We eat to stay alive. When we eat extra it becomes fat. When we dont eat enough to sustain ourselves, the fat is burned off utilize what weve stored. Its that simple. All mammals have this ability. Fat allows our body to have sugar and nutrients to stay alive and disappears when we do not have sufficient going in our mouths.
However there are all these little nuances to that simplicity that are employed confuse you and help perpetuate these myths to losing weight.
1. Losing more than 1-2 pounds a week is unsafe.
I have safely guided my patients through a 1-pound-a-day weight loss through low-calorie diets. It works which is safe and was how we were genetically designed to use fat. I sometimes think the people who use this first myth are justifying people staying on their diets or regimens longer. It sells gym memberships and sells monthly weight-loss programs that cost 50-1000 dollars a month. If its normal to just lose 1 pound a week, you can keep someone who needs to lose 80 pounds on that diet for 80 weeks! Thats ample cash! If you look to the Mayo Clinic website there are multiple articles explaining against losing more than 1-2 pounds per week, however you see that they discuss rapid, doctor-assisted weight loss for the unhealthiest patients. Why do we do that for them but not healthier patients? I have made no distinction and the results have been great. But yes, these patients lose weight with the guidance of a physician so that I can ensure there wont be any problems during the weight loss.
With my lose weight programs that I have given my patients, they can lose 30 pounds in 30 days, 80 pounds in 80 days, 150 pounds in 150 days, et cetera. I just had a patient come in today who lost 50 pounds in 50 days, came off 3 medicines for blood pressure, who feels great. Her blood pressure is 100/80 now when it was 150/90 when we started. Are you telling me a slower weight loss would get better because of her so she could have high blood pressure levels even a day longer? I dont think so. Shes healthier and safer in a rapid period of time with my hypnosis and rapid weight loss techniques that I will explain later in an upcoming article.
2. Dont skip breakfast. Its unhealthy in a diet and you wont lose as many pounds!
Eating breakfast keeps your metabolism in line so you use-up more calories through the day. This is correct if you are at a steady weight. However, with regards to losing weight, eating breakfast is not an accelerator of weight loss. The calories going in still need to go somewhere. Yes, you definitely get more obese in the long run if you skip breakfast, and then eat normal amounts of food for lunch and dinner afterward. A person who skips breakfast puts their body in starvation mode so that any excess food that you eat later in the day instantly becomes fat as the body scrambles to keep any sugar available systems after being told its starving when breakfast is skipped.
However, if you skip breakfast, and then take in small quantities of food for lunch and dinner, (lower amounts of calories than is needed for a full day), you WILL BURN FAT to replace with energy that you do not possess coming in from food. So skipping breakfast, during a lower calorie intake period, permits you to burn excess fat. Its the way God designed us. When we were hunter-gatherers and we roamed the earth for the following food supply as nomads, there would be times where the winter would come in and the food supply would drop, or there would be times of famine where there just wasnt a food supply. God was smart enough to design us with a source of sugar during these times of need for food. All mammals have this food storage system called fat. Possibly those commercials asking to aid children starving in other countries, those children are relying on these fat stores to survive their lack of adequate nutrients.
God and evolution also designed us to HEALTHILY use up this fat store when we do not have sufficient food. Fasting is how we were designed utilize our fat, so anyone who tells you weight loss through fasting is unhealthy has an argument with the Big Guy who designed this survival system. Through time our body has adapted to using fat for food storage to allow survival through times of famine or starvation. If it was unhealthy, the system wouldnt exist as it was through evolution and nature. The fittest survive, and those with fat storage systems survived longer travelers have the no food.
Well this is one way this system got bastardized. After we went through the ice age and became agrarian in our economy, an abundant food supply existed. We didnt starve anymore, and we dont starve anymore because right we have now plenty of farms and excess food stores to supply us with nourishment. The supermarkets have been bigger and supersized as has our readily available fast food. Its funny it is called fast food because although it is fast as a result of rapid service, here is the very food that prevents us from fasting anymore free of cost . Readily available. In fact we overindulge and never starve, and that leaves us with huge food stores in our body through obesity.
Add to that that we have, during the last 15 years, added huge amounts of sugars to our food as fillers and as fat replacements to add flavor. So furthermore we not starve anymore in the middle-class western hemisphere, we also give ourselves more food than we need and thus we are more obese than ever. (Dont get me started on our first ever epidemic of obese 6-month-olds because of recent additions of fructose to formula).
So we dont starve anymore but we have a plentiful harvest every time we walk into a supermarket. Since people dont starve, we have no chance at using our natural human system for sugar storage and release: Fat burning through Calorie deprivation.
Thats where Gastric bypass, mouth wiring, lap band procedures come in. Instead of having famines or food shortages or winter times to naturally allow us to shed weight as we were designed, we use artificial surgeries to force our unhealthiest members of the population, the severely obese, in losing weight the way Nature had intended. Forced calorie droughts through surgical means work but have high-level surgical risks for these unhealthy patients. Through my experience with my own patients and those of my colleagues, Ive seen our patients die after these procedures from sepsis (Body infections), Heart conditions, complications of the surgery itself and anesthesia, malnourishment, iron deficiency anemia, vitamin deficiency, and depression-induced suicides. I even had one patient die from bulimia after the procedure. Not everyone gets the psychological support they need nor do they get the guidance of what to anticipate once they shed the excess weight.
Also there is a phenomenon of displeasure and poor satisfaction with the results after they have lost weight. When I say satisfaction, I am talking about life satisfaction. Many people lose weight through surgery only to discover that the tremendous changes theyve been told would happen in their lives dont happen. Guys who lost weight arent suddenly dating models, Women arent suddenly happy to have smaller dress sizes. There isnt any sudden acceptance into social circles after this rapid weight loss change. Leading to a sense of defeat.
4. Medicines and supplements can enhance your weight loss!
Some people use medications and miracle supplements to enable them to not notice hunger but eat less. I get asked at least 50 times a month by patients and friends to give them phentermine. Nobody I know who has used phentermine has had a sustained weight loss, they havent lost large amounts of weight, and the risks of the medication are good for people who already have enlarged hearts or elevated blood pressures. You arent supposed to take it with high blood pressure levels, atherosclerosis, glaucoma, or any heart conditions, conditions that many obese people already have. The medication will make you restless, nervous, dry of the mouth, and induce insomnia. But people are so desperate to lose weight naturally they keep looking for artificial means of weight loss.
Worst of all, Ive had a few patients nowadays come to me to find that their use of that medicine with Fenfluramine before has led to Heart valve problems and a lifelong cardiac condition. If you need to continue to believe in medicines and supplements as weight loss miracles, you should plan on giving up large amounts of money for minimal weight loss. There are many supplements and medicines that enhance your weight loss such as orlistat and phentermine itself. But to truly keep the results, youll want to make changes that are sustainable. With the methods I use, the results are sustainable and ongoing and are real life methods ones that the patient can understand and never have to do point calculations and higher math nor do they need to buy foods processed and packaged by someone else. You need to use whatever food you like. My next blog will explain how.
3. French diets are tiny! This restaurant is gaping me!
Now here are food amounts and how people joke about the small quantities of food the French serve in their restaurants. If you look at pictures of people from the USA before 1960, you will note we were a lean nation then. Peoples plates were smaller, we ate less food, and we were in trim shape in most cases. Review your grandparents pictures and those of your great grandparents a picture is worth 1000 words. People ate leaner and survived at a thinner weight. Compare a restaurant plate then to one now you can get from Atlantic City or Las Vegas Buffets. Those plates are HUGE.
In these days of super-sizing, buffets, and large dinner plates, the mindset is quite different. We expect a full plate these days, and we expect second helpings of what we like. We like sugary drinks. And all together, the population back then wasnt as far off from what we do now in the realms of exercise and training. Sure, we have highly developed cross training and intense burning and core body exercises now, but isnt it funny how not several of these new regimens arent the same as the past (Kettle bells are back in vogue for training? Lifting tires?). The only difference is our perceived eating needs have changed to explain the lean bodies of our grandparents to our own. Do you see fat skeletons of cavemen and women in the museums?
France has not strayed very far from its previous eating patterns. In fact in American Movies and commercials we are constantly making fun of the small portion sizes in the French diet. However what they are eating in portion is actually in accordance with what truly is needed. Just Google world obesity rankings and youll see where US and France currently stand. Youll see USA at a 30% obesity rate (3 out of 10 Americans is obese) versus France at Number 23 out there with a 9.4% obesity rate (Just less than 1 out of 10). The closest country to the USA, Mexico, is at 24%, so we are WAY over the rest office the world in America.
So these days, almost all of the population has a skewed view of proper food amounts in our diet, we have a food supply full of sugars and high fructose corn syrup, and we go back for seconds and clean our plates. Add to this the vast amounts of food we offer for celebrations. The last wedding I went to for 200 people there were 5 large tables of all-you-can-eat food and all-you-can-drink free alcohol. Way over the handfuls of food you should be eating. Christmas time is always a gut buster, and Easter and Halloween are candy-based foods. Gluttony is en vogue these days. The USA has been battered by constant commercials about food and eating to create a normal portion size that of a super big burger and large sized fries and large sugary soda. We have learned to eat until full rather than to eat when satisfied. The handful of food in the French diet is normal and not wasteful! We no longer should be brainwashed to eat until full. We havent been listening to our bodies to stop eating as satisfied. (This is among the subconscious commands I give my hypnosis clients to help them lose weight). Eat when hungry, stop when satisfied. Avoid being full as thats the signal from the body that you went too far.
All these myths Ive mentioned above prevent appropriate weight maintenance and rapid weight loss. They are just some of the myths that make naysayers say while the doers lose weight with me. In Neurolinguistic programming and Hypnosis we talk about Frames: Those reference points people use to view the world. The standard frame is optimist vs. pessimist do you see the glass as half empty or half full? People who see the glass half full are those who see most things in their lives as positive, those who see it as half empty have a pessimistic tone to the things which happen in their lives. If you believe in these myths, you are already framed to not accept the paradigms and information I am about to present to you over the following blog. These beliefs have clouded doctors and their patients for years to what is right and wrong about weight loss. When we reframe these thoughts from generally accepted truths to myths and barriers to our success in weight loss, we have freed ourselves to accept it is safe to lose a pound a day using our natural mechanism for food intake reduction.
Find more about exercises stomach youll love. Includes sites related to 3 day diet you can access from here!
Photo By 4390290 from Pixabay
- How Much Weight Is Safe to Lose in a Month? | Weight Loss ... - September 14th, 2019
- Losing Weight After 60 Is Hard Here Are 9 Ways to Drop ... - July 22nd, 2019
- How to Lose 10 Pounds Without Starving (Or Putting It ... - July 21st, 2019
- Weight loss: 6 strategies for success - Mayo Clinic - July 9th, 2019
- 5 Ways Saxenda Helps with Weight Loss & How to use it Safely - May 19th, 2019
- Top 10 Weight Loss Programs 2019 - Reviews, Costs & Features - May 16th, 2019
- Weight Management | Weight Loss | Henry Ford Health System ... - May 16th, 2019
- 13 Easy Ways to Lose Water Weight (Fast and Safely) - April 25th, 2019
- Losing weight guide | healthdirect - April 5th, 2019
- How to lose weight safely - Food and nutrition | NHS inform - March 15th, 2019
- Alcohol and Losing Weight | Is Alcohol Bad for Weight Loss? - March 13th, 2019
- The Complete Guide to Safely and Healthily Losing Weight Fast - March 12th, 2019
- Rapid Weight Loss: Is It Safe? Does It Work? - webmd.com - February 23rd, 2019
- Losing weight safely? | Yahoo Answers - February 22nd, 2019
- Autorotation - Wikipedia - February 9th, 2019
- Top 5 Natural Appetite Suppressants to Help Lose Weight ... - January 31st, 2019
- Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Weight Loss - Pitta Ayurveda - January 31st, 2019
- Start the NHS weight loss plan - NHS - January 14th, 2019
- Pointers on Losing Weight Safely - December 15th, 2018
- How to Safely Lose Weight During Pregnancy - healthline.com - December 6th, 2018
- How Can I Lose Weight Safely? - kidshealth.org - November 22nd, 2018
- PCOS Diet: Stop Counting Calories and Start Losing Weight ... - June 29th, 2018
- Lose weight - Live Well - NHS Choices - May 21st, 2018
- Underactive Pituitary Gland (Hypopituitarism) - Healthline - March 5th, 2018
- The Pituitary Society | Glossary of Terms Related to ... - March 5th, 2018
- Hypopituitary: Pituitary Gland Disorder Causes & Treatments - March 5th, 2018
- List At Least 5 Tips And Guidelines For Losing Weight Safely - February 28th, 2018
- Weight Loss Help in Little Rock AR Lose A Pound A Day Safely - January 29th, 2018
- How to lose weight fast, but safely - Healthy tips for ... - December 7th, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose Weight Safely - wikiHow - October 15th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight Fast and Safely - webmd.com - October 13th, 2017
- Hurricane Irma could follow in Hugo's deadly and destructive footsteps - Winston-Salem Journal - September 6th, 2017
- Lasix potassium sparing diuretic - Relex lasik thailand - Does lasix cause diabetes - GrungeCake (press release) (blog) - September 5th, 2017
- Nikkei falls to 1-week lows as North Korea tensions persist - Reuters - September 5th, 2017
- Millennials Down on Opioids - National Pain Report - September 4th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding Without Losing Your ... - September 4th, 2017
- How to Safely Use Weight Loss Shakes - wikiHow - August 25th, 2017
- Ask a Geriatrician: How can I prevent falls? - The Daily Progress - August 25th, 2017
- How Can I Lose Weight Safely? - August 19th, 2017
- Body & Mind Medical Weight Loss Center's Jump Start to Health Program Delivers Visible Results With 10-Day ... - PR Newswire (press release) - August 8th, 2017
- This is the diet Guy Sebastian did to look ripped on the cover of Men's Health - NEWS.com.au - August 8th, 2017
- The Keto diet: Is eating more fat the key to weight loss? - Arizona State University - August 8th, 2017
- 'More pressure on new mums to lose weight' Amy Childs slammed ... - goodtoknow - August 4th, 2017
- Family beach vacation spawns a marital battle - The Seattle Times - August 4th, 2017
- Losing weight safely - Business Mirror - August 3rd, 2017
- FAT BUSTER: He did this when he hit 100 kilos! - Times of India - July 31st, 2017
- OLDER AND WISER: It's important to get up and move around - North Shore News - July 31st, 2017
- Kris Harris: Unleash you're fitness animal - Longmont Times-Call - July 31st, 2017
- Trichomoniasis zithromax treatment - Medicine infographic - Van Wert independent - July 11th, 2017
- Propecia hair products - Propecia safe or not - Van Wert independent - July 9th, 2017
- Green Park Care Home placed in special measures by the Care Quality Commission after residents found to be at risk ... - Warrington Guardian - July 9th, 2017
- Samoa Joe Can't Be Stopped - Deadspin - July 9th, 2017
- 3rd time's the charm for SpaceX comsat launch - WSAW - July 8th, 2017
- 5 important hydration tips to stay safe in the heat - WRAL.com - July 5th, 2017
- SpaceX finally launches Falcon 9 rocket - WDEF News 12 - July 5th, 2017
- Diet Doc Examines the Drawbacks of the 'Coffee Diet' - GlobeNewswire (press release) - July 5th, 2017
- What is anorexia nervosa? Signs, symptoms and treatment options for the common disorder - The Sun - July 4th, 2017
- The one preventable health problem that's most likely to kill you - MarketWatch - June 30th, 2017
- Medically Managed Weight Loss: A Nonsurgical Approach to a Healthier Weight - Newswise (press release) - June 30th, 2017
- Chaotic Messaging: When Eating Disorders Enter the Media - Jewish Link of New Jersey - June 30th, 2017
- Four-star recruits haven't changed Pete - KTVB - June 29th, 2017
- The Best Way to Lose Weight Safely - livescience.com - June 28th, 2017
- How to Lose Water Weight - WomansDay.com (blog) - June 28th, 2017
- Netflix's 'To the Bone' Could Be Harmful to Those With Anorexia - SELF - June 28th, 2017
- I Tried A Diet And Fitness Plan Based On My DNA And Couldn't Believe The Results - BuzzFeed News - June 28th, 2017
- How to lose those last 5 pounds - Today.com - June 28th, 2017
- Shonda Rhimes Hated the Newfound Attention She Got After Losing Weight - SELF - June 28th, 2017
- Sharing decision to have weight loss surgery is purely personal choice - Billings Gazette - June 28th, 2017
- Could the hCG Diet Be 'Life Threatening'? - Yahoo Health - June 28th, 2017
- Holly Willoughby looks awkward as giggling Loose Woman Nadia Sawalha comments on her weight loss - The Sun - June 28th, 2017
- Diet Doc Weight Loss Program Offers Greater Customized Results Than The 'Blood Type Diet' - GlobeNewswire (press release) - June 27th, 2017
- Protein gels to stop deadly effects of muscle wasting due to cancer - Independent.ie - June 27th, 2017
- Don't 'Eat for Two' While Pregnant - Healthline - June 25th, 2017
- Levitra soft tabs 20mg - Queens Tribune - June 25th, 2017
- Big Blue View Mailbag: Dwayne Harris, Donte Deayon, More Roster Questions - Big Blue View - June 24th, 2017
- Many roads, one truth for cyclists - San Francisco Chronicle - June 22nd, 2017
- 7 Lifesaving Habits To Keep Heart Disease Away - Information Nigeria - June 21st, 2017
- The ST Guide To... losing weight and getting fit - The Straits Times - June 17th, 2017
- Losing weight? Vegetarian diets help shed twice as many pounds - SHEmazing - June 14th, 2017
- UFC Gym Santa Clarita's Functional Fitness Program Offers A Unique Workout Method For Community - KHTS Radio - June 14th, 2017