Pointers on Losing Weight Safely.
People who want to lose weight commonly, and first of all, think about reducing the amount of food they eat. This may be quite a solution but not exactly the best there is. In fact, depending on the amount you reduce in your food intake, it may even be dangerous to one's health. So how does one lose weight effectively and safely? Here are some points one should consider when trying to lose weight:
Beware of the Crash Diets.
Most people think that trimming down the calories can alone shed off their unwanted excess. Probably this is because of the fad there is in advertising about low-calorie food products and beverages. What people don't know is that this could be dangerous because when they decrease their calorie intake way to below the required levels, the body begins to digest the fats. Sounds good but it doesn't actually. Burning fat requires a lot of energy. Since there is not much energy in the body to facilitate the metabolism of fat, it will run at a very slow pace resulting in fatigue, illness and weak immune system.
A low-calorie diet is also compensated for by the body by burning muscle. People on this type of diet who revert back to their old eating habits end up gaining back some if not all the weight they have shed off. This would consist mainly of fats. And since fats have more volume per mass than muscle, they end up having the same weight as before but bulkier. In losing weight, one should keep in mind that they should lose excess body fats only.
However, one can try out eating small meals at more frequent intervals. This way the body will not think that it is being starved and will not store food as fat.
One may have considered junking the crash diet option but he should also not forget to watch what he is eating. Variety must always be considered so that one may be able to get the necessary nutrients from his diet. It is also healthier to eat food which is roasted, steamed or broiled rather than fried. It is also important to include a lot of fiber in the diet. Frequent rehydration is also necessary.
Pump Up Lean Muscle Mass.
Muscles burn calories when they work; they even do so at rest. Unlike fats which just lie around, a bulge around the pants and dangle beneath the sleeves, muscles burn calories all-day round. With this fact, one can start weight loss by increasing muscle mass. The more muscles, the less fat will be left. This is attainable starting with working out with resistance exercises.
Engaging in Aerobics.
Aerobics is not only good for the heart by increasing cardiovascular endurance. Aerobics also help in increasing lean muscle mass while simultaneously decreasing excess body fat. Aside from these, aerobics make the metabolic process more efficient and its rate high, even after a long while. Imagine burning fat efficiently while driving along the freeway or even while watching television.
Some people believe that smoking and caffeine can actually help in losing weight. This can perhaps be true; however, they do the body more harm than good because of their side-effects. For that extra "push", one can try out taking food supplements. After all, 95% of these products out in the market actually does good.
On Taking Diet Pills.
Over-the-counter diet pills affect the amount of weight one loses as well as how long one keeps that amount of weight off. However, one must be wary of the side-effects of these diet pills. As such, one must faithfully follow the instructions provided for in the packaging. It is also prudent to consult the physician anyway before trying out these drugs and also to find out which type would be best for the individual.
Losing weight does not have to mean sacrifice and suffering. It actually means opening up to a more full and healthy life where one may not have to feel bad about himself having to look the way he does or not being able to do what he wants to do. Losing weight might entail little adjustments plus the discomforts, but as the old saying goes, "no pain, no gain." Besides fat, what has one got to lose anyway?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images and attributions:https://app.contentsamurai.com/cc/217665
Pointers on Losing Weight Safely
- To Lose Weight, Cut the Fad Diets and Stick to the Basics, Expert Says - Cornell University The Cornell Daily Sun - December 6th, 2019
- Do these 5 things at every meal to lose weight - New York Post - December 6th, 2019
- The Biggest Loser Revamp is About Being Healthy, Not Losing Weight - Screen Rant - December 6th, 2019
- Weight loss surgery enables a Pinehurst banker to be both half and twice the woman she used to be - Sandhill Sentinel - December 6th, 2019
- Jenna Jameson Says She Gained 20 Lbs. After Taking a Break from Keto to 'Live My Best Carby Life' - PEOPLE Great Ideas - December 6th, 2019
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was 'humbled' by struggle to lose baby weight - Page Six - December 6th, 2019
- Not Seeing Results With Keto? This M.D. Says "Sneaky Carbs" May Be To Blame - mindbodygreen.com - December 6th, 2019
- Ajwain water for weight loss: Heres how you should prepare it for better results - Times of India - December 6th, 2019
- How to lose weight and get fit like this 43-year-old Ironman triathlete and open water swimmer - GQ India - What a man's got to do - December 6th, 2019
- From the editor: Finding the best weight management products - NutraIngredients-usa.com - December 6th, 2019
- Boxing: Joshua Lightens the Load as Ruiz Jr Piles on the Pounds - The New York Times - December 6th, 2019
- McDonald's McFlurry Bulldog from Walsall scoops top prize in slimming contest - Birmingham Live - December 6th, 2019
- Eat all daily meals 'within 10 hours' to shed weight - The Times - December 6th, 2019
- Where Does Protein Fit in a New Year Diet? - Technology Networks - December 5th, 2019
- Weight loss: One woman lost a remarkable six stone with this plan - what did she eat? - Express - December 5th, 2019
- 5 Medical Conditions That Cause Weight Loss Without Trying - International Business Times - December 5th, 2019
- 'I Joined Weight Watchers After A Devastating MiscarriageAnd I Found My Joy And Confidence Again' - Women's Health - December 5th, 2019
- Is High-Protein Diet Beneficial For All Of Us? The Answer Will Surprise You - NDTV Food - December 5th, 2019
- Katie Price 'loses a stone in two weeks' and is 'barely eating' over bankruptcy stress - Mirror Online - December 5th, 2019
- Poha for weight loss: The delicious and healthy snack for quick weight loss - Times of India - December 5th, 2019
- Gemma Collins reveals secret to 3st weight loss is storing her food shop in the boot of her car - The Sun - December 5th, 2019
- Weight change between pregnancies is linked to having premature and large at birth babies - Mirage News - December 5th, 2019
- Five Ways To Build Your Innovation Muscles In The New Year - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Fitness facilities have the potential to 'be the leading providers of weight loss solutions' - Australasian Leisure Management - December 5th, 2019
- How to lose weight in 6 months like this guy who lost 32 kgs by following an easy cardio routine - GQ India - What a man's got to do - December 5th, 2019
- Eating your last meal at 2pm may help to lose weight 'because it suppresses appetite' - Stock Daily Dish - December 5th, 2019
- Portland in the snow, in a wheelchair - NewsCenterMaine.com WCSH-WLBZ - December 5th, 2019
- Gym routines you should adopt during the festive season - The Standard - December 5th, 2019
- MAFS star Jules on getting married and losing - NEWS.com.au - December 5th, 2019
- Type 2 diabetes: Drinking this type of water could lower blood sugar - Express - December 5th, 2019
- My 600-lb Life: What Happened to Annjeannette Whaley and Vianey & Allen? Where Are They Now? - Earn The Necklace - December 5th, 2019
- Experience: I had apple cider vinegar every morning for 56 days, and this is what happened - Firstpost - December 5th, 2019
- The Christmas Ad That Rode Off With 9% Of Pelotons Share Value - Forbes - December 5th, 2019
- Nutritional fact or fiction? Everything meal replacement companies hope you'll take their word for - Dailyuw - December 2nd, 2019
- Brain receptor that regulates body temperature may also be the key to rapid weight loss - News-Medical.net - December 2nd, 2019
- Best supplements for joints: Taking this supplement could significantly reduce joint pain - Express - December 2nd, 2019
- Weight loss: Six ways to speed up fat loss & the best portion sizes to shed pounds - The Sun - December 2nd, 2019
- Its not hard to eat healthy around the holidays - The Columbus Dispatch - December 2nd, 2019
- Weight loss: This easy plan will help you burn belly fat according to personal trainer - Express - December 2nd, 2019
- 10 ways to tell your partner to lose weight without hurting them - The Nation Newspaper - December 2nd, 2019
- Tips on eating healthy around the holidays - Massillon Independent - December 2nd, 2019
- Want Real Weight Loss? Here Are Three Things You Should Give Up - Medical Daily - December 2nd, 2019
- What Motivated 'Good Morning America's' Tory Johnson To Lose 62 Pounds - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - December 2nd, 2019
- 1st Gen Idol Kim Hyung Jun Of Taesaja Talks About Job As A Delivery Person And His Happiness - soompi - December 2nd, 2019
- How to lose weight like this guy who lost 36 kgs by eliminating these three things from his diet - GQ India - What a man's got to do - December 2nd, 2019
- Protein-Rich Diet: Is It Harmful For People With Kidney Problems? This Study Finds Out - NDTV Food - December 2nd, 2019
- Sizing Up Your Mental Health - Thrive Global - December 2nd, 2019
- Weight loss: I lost 10st after getting so fat I got wedged in a seat on the Tube to work - The Sun - December 2nd, 2019
- This is an interesting way to lose weight in winter - News Track English - December 2nd, 2019
- Younger Women Should Start Now to Defend Against Heart Attacks - catcountry1073.com - December 2nd, 2019
- From Weight-Loss to Wellness: Has The Diet Really Died? - The Bull and Bear - December 2nd, 2019
- To Your Good Health: A flu shot is the best way to prevent the flu - Arizona Daily Star - December 2nd, 2019
- Brush your teeth not twice, but thrice a day: Experts say it may help cut heart failure risk by 12% - Economic Times - December 2nd, 2019
- Weight loss: Top tips to lose weight by improving your digestion - Express - November 28th, 2019
- Aaron Washer Update on My 600 Lb. Life - Heavy.com - November 28th, 2019
- Experts offer tips to avoid gaining that holiday weight - Summit Daily News - November 28th, 2019
- Enjoy the holiday feast; unless you're a wrestler cutting weight - Post Register - November 28th, 2019
- How to lose weight & build muscles like this guy who followed an easy yet quantifiable regime to get ripped - GQ India - What a man's got to do - November 28th, 2019
- An Increasing Number of Americans Weigh 200 Poundsand Say They Are OK With It - Newsweek - November 28th, 2019
- Holly Willoughby weight loss: How did the daytime TV star trim down? - Express.co.uk - November 28th, 2019
- Waitress loses 125lbs to fulfil her grandfather's dying wish - Somerset Live - November 28th, 2019
- Losing almost 12 stone cured my diabetes... and saved my life - The Sunday Post - November 28th, 2019
- Alfred Dawes | Severe obesity: The harsh truth | Health - Jamaica Gleaner - November 28th, 2019
- Technology Advances in Reducing Lower Back Pain - HealthTechZone - November 28th, 2019
- Bored of the gym? Try these martial art forms for weight loss and muscle tone - Firstpost - November 28th, 2019
- 'My daughter's death took me to the darkest place, but I've learned it's possible to come back' - Telegraph.co.uk - November 28th, 2019
- 'Creative, intelligent and cheeky': Mother blames son's death on drug access in Richmond - 9News - November 28th, 2019
- Insta Keto Report (Instant Keto): Important News Reported By Researched Reviews - The Prowess News - November 28th, 2019
- Embracing the weight of discomfort, Entertainment News & Top Stories - The Straits Times - November 28th, 2019
- Ask the GP: Menopause may be causing your infuriating itch - The Irish News - November 28th, 2019
- Weight loss: This guy lost a massive 50 kilos in less than 8 months! Here's how he did it - Times of India - November 27th, 2019
- If You Want to Lose Weight and Keep It Off, This is the Magic Number of Calories to Cut Every Day - LIVESTRONG.COM - November 27th, 2019
- Lose Weight and Be Healthy with the 10-Day Metagenics Detox Diet - University Herald - November 27th, 2019
- Severe obesity: The harsh truth | Health - Jamaica Gleaner - November 27th, 2019
- How one UAE-based woman lost almost 50kg in a year - Gulf News - November 27th, 2019
- Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager Say They Didnt Think Through Their Live Weigh-In: It Was a Shock - PEOPLE.com - November 27th, 2019
- The Benefits of Red Wine for Health, Skin and Weight Loss - Femina - November 27th, 2019
- Five natural appetite suppressants for weight loss that actually work - Times of India - November 27th, 2019
- Al Roker Reveals What Used To Cause Him to Overeat and Why He's 'Never Going Back to Fat' - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 27th, 2019
- Weight loss: Top 5 health benefits of Muay Thai - Times of India - November 27th, 2019