A Comprehensive Approach
New York Methodist offers a weight management program for adults that's customized to each patient's individual health needs and lifestyles. What makes this program different from other weight management programs is that each patient is guided by a board-certified physician and qualified team whose recommendations come specifically from the patient's needs and health risks.
The comprehensive weight management program is built on the belief that excess weight and related health risks are best managed through a partnership between a patient, the patient's family, and their healthcare team. New York Methodist has partnered with MetroFit to provide you with a health care team made up of board-certified internists, bariatric surgeons, endocrinologists, registered nurses, behavioral health counselors, psychologists, registered dietitians, and fitness trainers.
Interested in a weight management program for children? We have that too. Learn more about the pediatric weight management program here.
First, the prospective participant is either referred to the program by a primary physician or takes the initiative to ask for more information and/or make an initial appointment by calling 718.780.6212.
Patients are asked to complete this lifestyle survey and bring it along for the first appointment. The completed survey will provide the healthcare team with necessary information, allowing them to start designing a useful and personal program, specific to the patient's life, habits, and needs.
Every patient receives a full health exam during the first visit. The physician may refer a patient for additional specialized testing if necessary. After the exam, the physician and patient discuss program components which include the following:
A registered dietitian reviews the patient's medical, family, social, and diet history. S/he then devises an individualized diet plan, working with food preferences, habits, and lifestyle, to create a balanced and healthy eating plan to encourage weight loss. The dietitian is available for regular follow-up consultation, which is encouraged.
Fitness is encouraged as part of a healthy lifestyle. Participants are required to join one of the fitness plans. Our certified fitness trainer will customize a plan to be carried out under supervised conditions. Private and group sessions are available.
A licensed counselor conducts a psychological evaluation. The counselor discusses various factors that may or may not influence eating disorders and patient participation in the program.
See the original post:
NYC Weight Loss Program Takes Insurance | Brooklyn Doctors ...
- Medical Weight Management - Obesity Action Coalition - October 13th, 2019
- Nutrition and Weight Management - Hancock Wellness Center - May 3rd, 2019
- Weight Management Center | MUSC Health | Charleston, SC - March 8th, 2019
- Ascension Via Christi Weight Management in Wichita - February 10th, 2019
- Weight Management Programs - Childrens Hospital in CT - January 10th, 2019
- Weight Management Programs - Medical Practice Management Solution - November 28th, 2018
- Weight management programs - HAP Michigan - November 28th, 2018
- Medical Weight Management Doctors & Programs in NJ - September 25th, 2018
- Weight Management Programs | Sutter Health - July 20th, 2018
- Weight Management Programs in Rhode Island | Lifespan - April 21st, 2018
- Weight Management Programs | Weight Loss Counseling - December 14th, 2017
- Weight Management & Nutrition Programs | Minnesota ... - December 14th, 2017
- Herbal Weight Loss Products Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2025 - satPRnews (press release) - August 7th, 2017
- Weight Watchers | $WTW Stock | Shares Soar As Earnings Beat, Raise Guidance - TickerTV News (press release) - August 7th, 2017
- Screen Kids, Teens for Obesity, Experts Say - Newsmax.com - Newsmax - June 22nd, 2017
- Opinion: Expand Medicaid? In NORTH CAROLINA? - Charlotte magazine - April 18th, 2017
- Unclear whether mindful eating can help you lose weight, says review - Medical Xpress - April 16th, 2017
- What's New, And What's Not, In The Latest Medicaid Expansion Bill - WFAE - April 12th, 2017
- Workplace Wellness kick-off meeting planned - Crow River Media - April 10th, 2017
- Weight Loss Left to Your Own Devices: How Technology Can Help You Manage Your Weight - Charleston Post Courier - March 31st, 2017
- One Buc Mailbag: Nutrition, Numbers and 19 - Buccaneers.com - March 30th, 2017
- Benefits of fitness devices - Lake Country Now - March 4th, 2017
- Medical Weight Management Programs | Positive Choice - February 19th, 2017
- Before-N-After Murrieta - Weight Management Programs in ... - September 25th, 2015
- Ultimate Weight Management Programs - CRC Health - August 1st, 2015
- Weight Management Programs - July 2nd, 2015
- Best Weight Loss Workouts Reviews - Video - March 11th, 2015
- How To Burn Fat Review - Video - February 24th, 2015
- Best Exercises To Lose Weight Reviews - Video - February 14th, 2015
- Weight Loss Malaysia- Lose Weight Fast and Healthy - Video - February 3rd, 2015
- weight management programs Tips - Video - July 7th, 2014
- Group Fitness, Imperial PA - Video - June 3rd, 2013