FITNESS IS FOR EVERYONE: Its one of our core beliefs here at Mens Health, and its been at the beating heart of every issue of this magazine since our founding 32 years ago.
The fitness industry, though, has a problem with diversity, equity, and inclusion. A big one. From educational and financial obstacles that prevent too many people from becoming fitness experts to empty and enduring assumptions about who and what fitness is for, a whole weight-rack full of systemic issues (racism, homophobia, ageism, to name a few) have consistently deprived trainers from marginalized communities the tools they need to build a career in fitness. They also prevent these men and women from bringing clients in their own communities the kinds of enjoyable, exciting workout experiences that make fitness fun. That needs to change now, and Mens Health wants to help.
Our new MH Strength in Diversity Initiative will offer trainers from marginalized communities the chance to work with a cadre of elite fitness professionals. Each trainer will be assigned an advising mentor trainer. Mentors commit to half-hour weekly calls with their mentees, offering guidance on program building, brand-building, education, and workout design, as well as study guidance. Mentors will also communicate with Mens Health to recommend key certifications for aspiring trainers.
We provide further instruction in a series of Zoom clinics that teach video and social media content creation, the importance of nutrition in fitness, and keys to coaching athletes. All trainers will have the opportunity to earn certifications from the NSCA and Precision Nutrition, and at least one trainer will have a chance to work with All Out Studio, the Hearst fitness app.
Our hope is that these trainers will share their knowledge in their communities, creating fun, exciting, and effective training plans and helping ensure better fitness and long-term health for everyone.
Mens Health will accept applications for the first class of the MH Strength in Diversity Initiative until October 16, and the program will kick off a week later. All are welcome to apply.
Lets get stronger together!
(All decisions by MH as to who participates are final. All selected applicants grant Men's Health the right to use their names, images and personal details in editorial materials and for promotional purposes by our sponsors.)
The National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is a nonprofit association dedicated to advancing the strength and conditioning and related sport science professions around the world.
The Pain-Free Performance Specialist Certification program delivers personal trainers, coaches, and fitness professionals the tools they need to optimize clients fitness and performance around the presence of pain, dysfunction, and injuries.
A leading manufacturer of kettlebells and other exercise equipment, Kettlebell Kings also delivers a series of certifications to deepen your knowledge of how to use each training tool and teach basic kettlebell fundamentals.
Founded in 2005, Precision Nutrition is a national private nutrition education and coaching company that has trained more than 100,000 fitness trainers and professionals in the fundamentals of nutrition.
Living.Fit is a fitness platform that educates both trainers and clients, aiming to teach the fundamentals both need to create long-lasting fitness change.
Created by Dr. Andreo Spina, Functional Range Systems (along with the Kinstretch and other Functional Range programs) deliver cutting-edge movement training, covering everything from athlete assessment to injury management and treatment to improved performance and mobility/body control development.
Read this article:
Men's Health Knows There Is Strength in Diversity - menshealth.com
- How to Deal With Erectile Dysfunction in a Relationship - University of Utah Health Care - October 7th, 2020
- Why This Year's Mo Will Be The Most Important You Ever Grow - Triple M - October 7th, 2020
- Billy Bush Has Nothing to Hide - menshealth.com - October 6th, 2020
- I Tried the ArcWave Ion Masturbator for Men Who Just Like the Tip - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- United Way Annual Campaign continues, Beards United initiative for mens health launching - ConchoValleyHomepage.com - October 4th, 2020
- These Are the 'Mild Symptoms' COVID-Positive People Might Experience - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- 15-Min Dumbbell Session To Pump Up Your Arms and Crush Calories - Men's health UK - September 20th, 2020
- 5 Ideas For How to Take Care of Your Mental Health, According to Common - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- How This Astronaut Builds Muscle to Survive in Space - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- Free men's health screenings held on Sept. 26 - The Oakland Press - September 16th, 2020
- Bisexual Men Exist, and It's Time for Our Moment - menshealth.com - September 16th, 2020
- Arkansas Urology hosts 16th annual Kickoff to Mens Health event - KARK - September 16th, 2020
- Handle Any Kind of Pressure. Even Brain Surgery. - menshealth.com - September 16th, 2020
- 'GUYnecology': Why men's reproductive health matters | YaleNews - Yale News - September 16th, 2020
- Arkansas Urology hosts 16th Annual Kick Off to Mens Health events - KLRT - FOX16.com - September 10th, 2020
- 10 Men's Sexual Health Questions That Are Too Embarrassing to Ask - University of Utah Health Care - September 10th, 2020
- Bulk Up Your Chest, Back and Arms with This 500-Rep Bodyweight Challenge - Men's health UK - September 8th, 2020
- Free men's health and mental awareness session for men in Burnham-On-Sea area - Burnham-On-Sea - September 8th, 2020
- Men feeling more stressed, isolated as coronavirus pandemic rolls on, Clinic survey finds - cleveland.com - September 8th, 2020
- Join Common and Men's Health for an Intimate Discussion on Mental Health - menshealth.com - September 5th, 2020
- The 100-Rep Squat Challenge That Stacks on Lean Muscle Mass - Men's health UK - September 3rd, 2020
- Here's How Mark Cuban Would Make It as a 20-Year-Old With Only $20 in 2020 - menshealth.com - September 3rd, 2020
- How COVID-19 is impacting mens mental health and behavior - fox4kc.com - September 3rd, 2020
- APL's New TechLoom Tracer Sneakers Are Worth the Hype - Men's Health - August 20th, 2020
- This 400-Rep Lower-Body Challenge Will Fire Your Metabolism and Smoke Calories - Men's health UK - August 20th, 2020
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Is Living Simple to Get Ripped for 'The Matrix 4' - Men's Health - August 18th, 2020
- This 2-Move Kettlebell Calorie Crusher Is The Ultimate Leg Day Throwdown - Men's health UK - August 18th, 2020
- How to Increase Male Fertility With Healthy Sperm - University of Utah Health Care - August 18th, 2020
- Maro Itoje's Workout Will Build Explosive Strength - Men's Health - August 16th, 2020
- This Great Interval Workout Aims to Make You Stronger in Just 15 Minutes - MSN Money - August 16th, 2020
- Strong Men, Strong Communities: Design of a Randomized Controlled Trial of a Diabetes Prevention Intervention for American Indian and Alaska Native... - August 11th, 2020
- Eat to Build Muscle - Foods and Diet Plan - Men's Health - July 30th, 2020
- Build A Bigger Chest and Shoulders With This Bodyweight Showdown - Men's health UK - July 30th, 2020
- Here's Everything That Went Down With Garmin's Alleged Ransomware Attack - Men's Health - July 30th, 2020
- This Is Why Women Live Longer Than Men - Longevity LIVE - July 30th, 2020
- Mercury Capital axes eight former Bauer magazines, including Harper's Bazaar, Elle and Men's Health - The Guardian - July 25th, 2020
- 7 Ways to Make Sitting Work Every Muscle In Your Body - MSN Money - July 25th, 2020
- The Re-Re-Reinvention of Mark Wahlberg - Men's Health - July 9th, 2020
- Link between mens sexual health and their overall health - WJBF-TV - July 7th, 2020
- Many more magazines shutting down, including Mens Health and Bicycling - MyBroadband - July 7th, 2020
- 25 Fantasy Movies to Watch When You Need to Escape the World - Men's Health - July 6th, 2020
- Olympic Swimmer Ryan Murphy Swears by This Breakfast Every Day - Men's Health - July 6th, 2020
- 840-Rep Dumbbell Challenge That Crushes Fat And Stacks On Muscle - Men's health UK - June 26th, 2020
- A Morning Hater's Guide to Waking Up Early - Men's health UK - June 25th, 2020
- La Esperanza Clinic is reaching out to the community to wear blue for mens health - MyFoxZone.com KIDY - June 25th, 2020
- Bear Grylls Just Showed Off His Seriously Impressive Core Strength - menshealth.com - June 24th, 2020
- Kevin Gates Is Learning About Urine Therapy in Quarantine - menshealth.com - June 23rd, 2020
- The Workout Brad Pitt Used To Get Shredded For Fight Club - Men's Health - June 23rd, 2020
- Getting your guy to the doctor. Local experts weigh in on why men's health matters - Bham Now - June 23rd, 2020
- After Men's Health Week and a Gradual Release from Lockdown, is it time to take a deeper look at Men's Mental Health? - News from Wales - June 23rd, 2020
- Gender gap in men's health | Family and Relations | nny360.com - NNY360 - June 23rd, 2020
- Editorial: Its time to remember mens health - Salina Journal - June 14th, 2020
- HSE West to run series of initiatives for Mens Health week from Monday - Connacht Tribune Group - June 14th, 2020
- Know The Connection Between International Men's Health Week And Father's Day - India.com - June 10th, 2020
- The 100 Best (and Worst) U.S. Cities for Your Heart - menshealth.com - June 10th, 2020
- International Men's Health Week 2020: How, What And Why it is Celebrated - India.com - June 10th, 2020
- Before You Say All Lives Matter, Read This - Men's health UK - June 5th, 2020
- Men's Health Week to be a rallying call for communities - Mirage News - June 5th, 2020
- Celebrate Mens Health Month with the American Cancer Society - KRQE News 13 - June 4th, 2020
- Resistance Band Workout: 6-Move Home Workout To Build Muscle - Men's health UK - June 4th, 2020
- Men's Health Month: 26 Years of Progress - Dallasweekly - June 4th, 2020
- Mens Health Month: Top 5 Tips for Dad this Fathers Day - Newswise - June 3rd, 2020
- 29 Black-Owned Brands to Support - Black-Owned Businesses for Men - Men's Health - June 3rd, 2020
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Men's Health Month This Year - The Good Men Project - June 3rd, 2020
- DL dad's efforts to lose weight, get healthy have made life better - Detroit Lakes Tribune - June 3rd, 2020
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Adds The Weirdest Ingredient To His Protein Smoothies - Men's Health - June 3rd, 2020
- Anuel AA On Financial Success and How He Approaches Money - menshealth.com - May 31st, 2020
- The Big Weekend Workout: The Total-Body Pump Session That Will Get You Fitter and Stronger - Men's Health - May 31st, 2020
- Mens health: Importance of regular health screening, medication adherence among Malaysians - Malay Mail - May 31st, 2020
- First National Webinar on Mens Health - IBG NEWS - May 31st, 2020
- The Situation Is Using His Prison Workouts to Stay Ripped in Quarantine - menshealth.com - May 26th, 2020
- How To Get Through A Prostate Check, And Other Tests Most Men Dread - Men's Health - May 26th, 2020
- These Men's Health Supplements Will Help You Celebrate a Lifetime of Father's Days - The Daily Beast - May 21st, 2020
- 63 of the Fittest Men of All-Time - Pulse Live Kenya - May 21st, 2020
- Method Men 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner Review - Men's Health - May 20th, 2020
- NBA Star Donovan Mitchell Shared the Diet That's Keeping Him Game Ready - menshealth.com - May 20th, 2020
- 12 Best Reef-Safe Sunscreens of 2020, According to Experts - Men's Health - May 20th, 2020
- Partner Park Workout: Build Your Chest And Abs - Men's health UK - May 20th, 2020
- Study reveals countries in Asia have largest mens health gaps in the G20 - ETHealthworld.com - May 20th, 2020
- Mens Health, Womens Health Team Up on Relay for Relief - Adweek - May 17th, 2020