The sports world has ground to a halt amid the COVID-19 pandemic. With so much uncertainty surrounding Gator Country wanted to reach out to its members and try to give some answers to questions they may have.
Q: OaktownGator: What approach is the S&C staff taking with training plans and assessments with our athletes during these times of likely little direct contact? Same when it comes to spring ball? Plans for some sort of education/assessment on playbook, schemes, other?
A: Its very similar to when a player signs their National Letter of Intent. When a player signs with Florida they will receive a workout plan from Nick Savage. The workout plan can be individualized or a group plan and will come with a nutrition plan that is catered to the athlete depending on if theyre supposed to be gaining, maintaining, or losing weight. If youre like me and youre spending your quarantine eating everything in sight, its not the ideal time given the circumstances to be trying to lose weight, but the real takeaway here is that the coaching staff didnt just send the kids away without a plan or a second thought.
Q: Camtheman: Any indication on what some of the draft-eligible juniors/seniors on the baseball team may be thinking? Theres obviously a lot in play with giving guys an extra year but just wondering if youd talked to any of the guys and if theyd consider coming back. We got robbed of a pretty good rotation with Mace-Leftwich-Barco.
A: I would be very surprised to see draft-eligible juniors come back. I dont know what kind of pro prospects that Kirby McMullen or Austin Langworthy have and Langworthy has expressed that he would like to be a coach. I would encourage those two, if its feasible, to return for their senior year, as the NCAA has already said they will be given another year of eligibility.
I would be very surprised if the juniors returned. Even if theyre given an extra year of eligibility, that hasnt been their plan. We need to monitor what the MLB is doing. The AP posted a story saying a source has told them the draft could be cancelled this year. I dont understand that the league has done their scouting for years on these guys and theyre ready to draft, even if its an abbreviated draft. Its also a draft that can be done remotely.
I would be very surprised if the juniors like Tommy Mace and Jack Leftwich decided to come back to school.
Q:Juggernautz: Is there a possibility that the football season will be cancelled because of the virus?A:Right now there is no plan for that to be the case. The NCAA is following national experts and guidelines right now but the longer that the coronavirus continues to effect the nation, sports will continue to take a backburner. Here is what Greg Sankey said on a teleconference with us earlier this week.
Our focus is on preparing for the 2021 academic year, the fall seasons, as currently scheduled, so theres a period on the end of that sentence. Well obviously, I think about everything going forward because were being guided by public health information in decision making, but my hope is we can return to our normal organized activities, our normal experiences and be part of that celebration around soccer or volleyball, cross-country, football in the fall. But, well have to see.
Its obviously a wait and see situation but the SEC and NCAA are fully preparing to have a 2020 football season. They have to do that but at the same time, they have to be talking about and preparing for other scenarios.
Q: DoctorV: Has construction on the Baseball facility been halted? If so, do we run the risk of the field not being ready for next season? On the flip side, if construction is up and running can we get a head start on the McKethan demo?
A: Construction on the new baseball stadium has not stopped at all. In fact, the field was recently sodded and most of the seats are installed. You can view the progress live through a fixed camera by following this link.
D1Baseball also just posted a bunch of new pictures of the stadium and its progress.
The McKethan demo will not happen until the new facility is ready to be moved into. McKethan has offices, player locker rooms and has all of the equipment it takes to maintain a baseball field. The new stadium isnt ready to hold all of that at this time. Heres Scott Stricklins answer to that question just over a week ago.
We still have our coaches and staff and all of our equipment in baseball and that cant be moved over until the other facility, the new facility, is completed. We feel really good about the timeline we have on moving baseball over and beginning on the new football training center, the Heavener Training Center. We think were going to get it done in a timely manner and we look forward to breaking ground this summer.
Now, Im sure youre thinking, the season is cancelled, a lot of student-athletes are heading home and the coaches are working from home, why cant they start demolition and construction? Its just not in the cards and in the timetable that the UAA has been operating on. The new football facility, like the new baseball stadium, are going to be great but theyre on timelines and the coronavirus, as of now, isnt changing that.
Q: COMountainGator: What are the players doing now? Any team organized training combined with social distancing?Most student-athletes are at home now. All of Floridas classes are online. I know from players Ive spoken with that they are all still working out as best they can and doing their classes. Theyre just like you and I. Theyre just trying to stay healthy and monitor the situation the best they can.
- You Can Lose Weight Without Skipping Any Meals - monroviaweekly - May 22nd, 2020
- Arshad Warsi loses 6 kilos in a month with Keto and Intermittent Fasting - Times of India - May 22nd, 2020
- Weight loss: How to burn belly fat in 4 weeks by eating these simple foods - Express - May 22nd, 2020
- Dont Comment On Anybodys Weight, Even If Theyre Famous - Chatelaine - May 22nd, 2020
- I Finally Care More About Being Strong Than Skinny, and It's Because I'm Working Out at Home - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 22nd, 2020
- Lose belly fat in just 4 weeks by eating these simple foods - TheHealthSite - May 22nd, 2020
- My 600-lb Life: Clarence can finally have erection after losing weight, but Dr Now isnt convinced - MEAWW - May 22nd, 2020
- 'Real Housewives of New York' Preview: Ramona tells Sonja to lose weight even after her liquid-only diet stint - MEAWW - May 22nd, 2020
- Intermittent fasting: if you're struggling to lose weight, this might be why - EconoTimes - May 22nd, 2020
- John Barnes reveals fittest and best player from Harry's Heroes - Teamtalk.com - May 22nd, 2020
- Viva Fresh Wellness Reveal a success - The Produce News - May 22nd, 2020
- News - Foundation of Light - May 22nd, 2020
- Dr. Adele reveals the advice he gives to his patients to lose weight - Play Crazy Game - May 22nd, 2020
- Weight loss in lockdown: Mum and daughter lose 14 stone thanks to Slimming World - North Devon Gazette - May 22nd, 2020
- You Just Need 2 Dumbbells and These 30 Upper-Body Exercises to Get Strong, Sculpted Arms - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 22nd, 2020
- Judge rules Lincolnshire woman with severe learning difficulty can have all her teeth removed - Lincolnshire Live - May 22nd, 2020
- Putting the current disruption in context will guide recovery - AdNews - May 22nd, 2020
- How to lose weight: 10 strategies for weight loss that work in lockdown (or out) - T3 - May 17th, 2020
- Here Is the Workout Adele Used to Tone Up As She Lost 100 Lbs - The Beet - May 17th, 2020
- Avoid lockdown weight gain: this nutritionist has blacklisted five foods, and you're not gonna like it - T3 - May 17th, 2020
- Do you have lockdown body? How to lose weight without going on a diet - Telegraph.co.uk - May 17th, 2020
- Scientists told how to lose weight with the brain - The Times Hub - May 17th, 2020
- Chewing the fat: a year of Weight Watchers, a lifetime of dieting - The Irish Times - May 17th, 2020
- 5 weight loss myths that can prevent you from slimming down during quarantine - TheHealthSite - May 17th, 2020
- How a carer lost six stone and conquered her demons - Cambridgeshire Live - May 17th, 2020
- My Life Was Turned Into a Movie. Heres What Hollywood Left Out. - Slate - May 17th, 2020
- Gemma Collins shows off her weight loss in skinny jeans as she dresses up for a weekend in lockdown - The Sun - May 17th, 2020
- Blue Meanie Reveals Who Got Him Signed By WWF Losing Weight To Be Blue Boy - Fightful - May 17th, 2020
- Aravinnd Iyer talks about his weight loss plan, life during the lockdown and future projects - Times of India - May 17th, 2020
- Here's How Lady Gaga And Cameron Diaz Played A Role In Adele's Weight Loss - TheThings - May 17th, 2020
- Matcha green tea powder: The Sirtfood superfood behind Adeles 7st weight loss - Express - May 17th, 2020
- Get in shape this summer with Mark Wrights great workouts and meal plans - The Sun - May 17th, 2020
- Love Island narrator Iain Stirling shocks fans with his huge bulge as he shows off his weight loss - The Scottish Sun - May 17th, 2020
- What is the endomorph diet? Losing weight based on body type - TODAY - May 14th, 2020
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Her Post-Baby Weight After Losing 'Almost 60 Pounds' - KMOV.com - May 14th, 2020
- Health Beat: What to know before you try keto - WFMZ Allentown - May 14th, 2020
- Weight loss story: 'From 105 to 83 kilos, here's how I answered my body-shamers back' - Times of India - May 14th, 2020
- The Yogurt Diet: Weight Loss Fact or Fiction? - Healthline - May 14th, 2020
- Valerie Bertinelli recalls being fat-shamed by her fifth-grade teacher: 'I became really aware of my body' - Home - WSFX - May 14th, 2020
- Why Did Adele Lose Weight? British Singer's Motivation Is Not What Most Fans Think - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 14th, 2020
- Weight loss: How to lose weight fast with the cabbage soup diet - Express - May 14th, 2020
- How to Drink Alcohol and Still Lose Weight - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 14th, 2020
- The Key to Weight Loss Through Exercise Could Be Picking The Right Time of Day - ScienceAlert - May 14th, 2020
- Coffee consumption linked to lower body fat in women, study shows - Yahoo Sports - May 14th, 2020
- Founder of the #90DaysWithoutSugar challenge on how his journey inspired others to change their lifestyle for the better - News24 - May 14th, 2020
- I hated my first wedding because I was so fat so I dropped TEN dress sizes and married my man again as a s - The Irish Sun - May 14th, 2020
- Best healthy food delivery services in 2020: Home Chef, Blue Apron, Freshly and more - CNET - May 14th, 2020
- Staying Strong: Mental health becomes a concern as farmers and ranchers face ongoing adversity - Tri-State Livestock News - May 14th, 2020
- The foods that boost - and zap - libido - Yahoo Food - May 14th, 2020
- Tim Robards: 'There's no such thing as bad food' - Who - May 14th, 2020
- Fighting Fat Discrimination, but Still Wanting to Lose Weight - The New York Times - May 13th, 2020
- Chef AJ Lost Over 100 Pounds on a Plant-Based Diet - The Beet - May 13th, 2020
- Study: Want to lose weight? Get rid of that pesky nose - The Big Smoke Australia - May 13th, 2020
- Weight loss tip: This powerful garlic (lehsun) tea will help in losing weight - Times of India - May 13th, 2020
- CC Sabathia suddenly looks jacked after losing a ton of weight - New York Post - May 13th, 2020
- Why cant people like Adele lose weight without trolls having a go despite it being life-saving? - The Sun - May 13th, 2020
- Are Weight-Loss Transformation Success Stories Fat Shaming? - Plant Based News - May 13th, 2020
- Weight loss: Eat this healthy snack daily to lose weight - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Packing on pounds during COVID-19 and how to turn it around - goskagit.com - May 13th, 2020
- 'Look at those arms': Mother-in-law's outrageous weight comment to new mum - Essential Baby - May 13th, 2020
- Have you heard of ballerina tea? Heres why it could be a weight loss component - The Indian Express - May 13th, 2020
- I Combined Keto With The 16:8 DietAnd I Lost 105 Pounds And Reversed My Prediabetes - Women's Health - May 13th, 2020
- Are you prepared for the second wave of COVID-19? The Serotonin-Plus Weight Loss Program Has Answers - Yahoo Finance - May 13th, 2020
- The Many Ways Weight and Type 2 Diabetes Are Connected - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 13th, 2020
- Gaining weight during the lockdown? Here are some ways to get back in shape - YourStory - May 13th, 2020
- LaSata: Knowing the signs, symptoms of stroke can save lives - Sturgis Journal - May 13th, 2020
- We Are Missing The Point With "Stay Home, Stay Safe" - 550 KTSA - May 13th, 2020
- Reversing The Course Of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Liver Cancer Risk - Curetoday.com - May 13th, 2020
- Adele lost weight, are we allowed to praise that? - CNN - May 6th, 2020
- What Is The Warrior Diet? Everything To Know About 20:4 Fasting - Women's Health - May 6th, 2020
- what science tells us about losing weight without diet and walking - Explica - May 6th, 2020
- Looking to lose weight? Heres how walking after meals can help - The Indian Express - May 6th, 2020
- My 600-lb Life exclusive: Cynthia's weight loss has stalled and Dr. Now calls her out - Monsters and Critics - May 6th, 2020
- People Think I Was Concerned About My Body Image Eugenie Bouchard - Essentially Sports - May 6th, 2020
- Strenuous physical activities may actually reduce your risk of knee osteoarthritis, say experts - TheHealthSite - May 6th, 2020
- Adele Debut Her Snatch Body On The Gram, Fans Reacts To Viral Photo - Urban Islandz - May 6th, 2020
- You don't need to be productive during a pandemic - Charlotte Agenda - May 6th, 2020
- Coronavirus Northern Ireland live updates as Chief Medical Officer says there will be a future after lockdown - Belfast Live - May 6th, 2020
- Finding Reason: How to Lose Weight Without Exercising While Stuck at Home - Nisqually Valley News - May 4th, 2020
- Losing kilos the healthy way - Borneo Bulletin Online - May 4th, 2020