DENVER, April 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to current media stories regarding Low T Center's commitment to meeting the needs of Colorado patients during this COVID-19 Emergency, Low T Center provides the following for immediate release.
On April 9, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment released its 4th Updated Public Health Order (PHO) 20-24, encouraging Critical Businesses to remain open: "Critical Businesses, as defined below, are exempt, subject to certain limitations, from this PHO and are encouraged to remain open." Part C of PHO 20-24 states, "Any business . . . engaged primarily in any of the service activities listed below, may continue to operate as normal." PHO 20-24 defines a Critical Business as "Healthcare Operations, Including: . . . clinics, and walk-in health facilities . . . Medical . . . care, including ambulatory providers . . . [and] laboratory services." On April 6, 2020, Governor Polis issued Executive Order 2020 024 stating, "I direct all Coloradans to stay at home, unless necessary to provide, support, perform, or operate Necessary Activities . . . Necessary Travel or Critical Businesses as such terms are defined in PHO 20-24 . . . " The Order provides that "Necessary Activities" include . . . "Engaging in activities . . . including, but not limited to . . . without limitation, obtaining medical supplies . . . obtaining durable medical equipment, obtaining medication, [and] visiting a healthcare professional . . . " On that same day, the Governor issued an amended Executive Order D 2020 027, prohibiting voluntary or elective surgical procedures, if same could be safely postponed for at least three months.
Low T Center is a multi-specialty medical clinic with forty-six clinic locations spanning eleven states. Low T Center is not a hospital or outpatient surgery or procedure provider. It is not a gym or supplement store. Each clinic operates a certified and licensed moderately complex CLIA/COLA medical laboratory facility, which can accommodate a variety of important medical diagnostic tests. Pursuant to recently issued Department of Homeland Security regulations, Low T Center's facilities and its healthcare team members are classified as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce.
Low T Center physicians treat chronic health diseases and conditions, as well as acute medical issues, ranging from low testosterone, to obstructive sleep apnea (a respiratory condition), to hypertension, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, severe allergies, cardiometabolic issues, and other conditions that make men feel bad, and if left untreated, can be life-threatening. These conditions are often correlated with a serious medical condition known as hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is a clinical syndrome that results from the body's failure to produce physiologic concentrations of the hormone Testosterone.Hypogondal men require medically necessary hormone therapy to restore normal body functions. Failure to adequately treat and monitor these conditions can lead to serious problems such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer as well as adversely effecting overall well-being and quality of life. Treatment for hypogonadism is recognized as "medically necessary" by every major insurance carrier in Colorado.
Proper treatment of chronic hypogonadism requires office visits, labs, and continued therapy.For the individuals that require this therapy, interrupting, deferring or otherwise discontinuing therapy for a period of three months would lead to severe adverse effects, and place these patients at risk. Similarly, failing to provide treatment for diabetic patients, patients suffering from respiratory disorders, and serious cardiologic issues, is simply not acceptable, and would be contrary to the treatment guidelines employed at Low T Center.Remote treatment protocols are enabled for patients whose medical conditions do not require an in-person visit to the clinic.
For many of our patients, Low T Center is the sole provider of their preventive and primary care services. As noted above, in addition to having extensive clinical and research experience in diagnosing and treating hypogonadism, Low T Center also provides vital and continuous life-saving evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and control of a variety of chronic, serious, and potentially life-threading disorders including cardiometabolic health, obstructive sleep apnea, hypertension, cholesterol disorders, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and other chronic men's health issues including cardiovascular risk assessment and prevention. Because of the nature of the practice, many patients require close follow-up including appropriate physical exams as well as critical laboratory services, that if delayed "for a minimum of three months" would place these patients at "undue risk to both the current [and] future health of the patient." The treatment programs for these chronic, progressive and potentially fatal conditions (if not appropriately diagnosed, managed, and treated) are evidence- and guideline-based using the most recent literature and approaches and have been developed by a protocol committee comprised of medical school faculty and Harvard-trained distinguished leaders in their respective fields.
Consistent with Executive Order D 2020 027, these important primary care assessments and treatments cannot be delayed (as with any primary care office) as there would be 1) "a threat to the patient's life," 2) "a threat of permanent dysfunction of an extremity or organ system," (e.g., chronic limb ischemia risking amputations or progression of chronic kidney disease or heart failure.) These conditions require close physical and laboratory follow-up and monitoring of both the disease as well as the response to therapy. Furthermore, there is 3) "risk of . . . progression" particularly of the target organs of hypertension, cholesterol disorders, and diabetes manifesting as preventable strokes, heart attacks, limb damage, blindness, kidney failure, and heart failure - all of which require close medical management and adjustment of medical therapy to prevent.
Executive Order D 2020 027 rightly lets "the doctor make the decision," by granting the "treating medical facility" the exclusive discretion to determine whether a three month delay or interruption in treatment would risk the health of the patient. It would be unfortunate indeed that a hypertensive Coloradan would die, because the access to the care he needed, was postponed for three months. The Governor's Order expressly recognizes this principle, by leaving the classification of "voluntary" to the patient's medical professionals.
Low T Center does not believe Governor Polis' Order prohibits Coloradans from obtaining medically necessary treatment for diabetes, hypogonadism, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, receiving allergy antigens, obtaining medical laboratory testing, receiving treatment for thyroid disorders, obtaining continuous positive airway pressure devices for the treatment of respiratory conditions, or any of the other medically necessary services provided to patients at Low T Center healthcare facilities. The Order uses the words "without limitation" which means Low T Center's patients should have the right to visit their healthcare provider - without limitation, for these important continuing care services.By signing the Order, Governor Polis assured Coloradans that they would be able to continue to receive their medical care during this time, by expressly classifying these activities as "Necessary Activities." Low T Center physicians, nurse practitioners, and medical staff are persons involved in operating a Critical Business which are necessary to help patients with these Necessary Activities.
Also, very relevant to the current COVID-19 crisis, outpatient centers like Low T Center significantly reduce the likelihood of requiring care in both Emergency Departments and acute care hospitals - where patients may have enhanced risk of both contracting SARS-CoV-2 and developing a potentially life-threatening and/or fatal complication of COVID-19.
Finally, Low T Center's protocol committee has mandated a series of workplace safety initiatives designed to implement social distancing guidelines. The clinic operational teams continue to adhere to enhanced cleaning and sterilization protocols. Sick persons or those exhibiting any COVID-19 like symptoms are prohibited from coming to work, but may work from home in some situations. Consistent with good medical practice, all team members are required to wash hands and use hand sanitizer between each patient visit in increasing frequency throughout the day. Patients are educated about covering coughs and sneezes, and recognizing signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Low T Center's healthcare team members recognize their role as healers, and status as members of critical infrastructure, and are committed to remaining available to protect patients' rights, while adhering to all public health orders and directives issued in this state.
Media contact: David J. Moraine, J.D., M.A., LL.M. Chief Legal Officer, email@example.com 469-990-3626
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/low-t-center-is-committed-to-meeting-the-needs-of-colorado-patients-during-the-covid-19-emergency-301043138.html
SOURCE Low T Center
- Healthy Men: What women need to know about men's health - Greater Milwaukee Today - November 20th, 2020
- 24 Ways to Increase Penis Sensitivity: Tips, Techniques, and More - Healthline - October 18th, 2020
- Centrapeak Testosterone Booster Review: Is it Better than Others on the Market? - generationiron.com - October 18th, 2020
- Erectile Dysfunction: A Look at the Most Common Causes - Feed Leader - October 10th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Fiscal Q4 2020 Net Revenue of $14.9 Million, an Increase of 82% Sequentially, and 766% Year-Over-Year - BioSpace - October 6th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2020 Results and Provide Business Update on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - October 6th, 2020
- Whats Causing My Low Testosterone? - September 29th, 2020
- Indianapolis Low T Center & Men's Clinic | Sleep Apnea ... - September 29th, 2020
- Could This Device Help Save Covid-19 Patients Before the ICU? - Houstonia Magazine - September 6th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Manufacture and Delivery of Healight(TM) Devices for Use in COVID-19 Clinical Study - Yahoo Finance - August 17th, 2020
- How can you actively boost your low libido? - Big Think - August 11th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Regulatory Approval of ZolpiMist(R) by Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration - BioSpace - July 30th, 2020
- New Osteoporosis Recommendations From AACE Help Therapy Selection - Medscape - July 25th, 2020
- Hormone therapy no cure-all for 'low T' in ageing men - Health24 - July 20th, 2020
- Strain engineering of the magnetic multipole moments and anomalous Hall effect in pyrochlore iridate thin films - Science Advances - July 20th, 2020
- Does Low Testosterone Cause Night Sweats? - July 7th, 2020
- Treating low testosterone levels - Harvard Health - July 7th, 2020
- Some people who experienced no coronavirus symptoms may now be immune to Covid-19 - here's what the study says - Derry Journal - July 4th, 2020
- AGING: Hormone therapy no cure-all for low T in men - Palm Beach Post - July 2nd, 2020
- COVID 19 Effect on Low T Therapy Market: an Increase in Technology Development Will Heighten Growth of Key Players: AbbVie, Endo International, Eli... - June 23rd, 2020
- Freddy McConnell Gave Birth to His Son. Then His Life Changed. - Esquire - June 18th, 2020
- Low T Therapy Market: What Will Happen to Key Players After COVID 19 Ends: AbbVie, Endo International, Eli Lilly - Cole of Duty - June 9th, 2020
- Ego might drive men to testosterone therapy, but it helps with certain conditions - The Columbus Dispatch - June 8th, 2020
- What Are T-Cells and Can They Protect You from COVID-19? - Labmate Online - June 8th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience to Report Fiscal Q3 FY 2020 Results and Business Update - Yahoo Finance - May 7th, 2020
- COVID-19: T cells offer clues to the potential power of Roche's Actemra - FierceBiotech - May 6th, 2020
- Peek on Low T Therapy Market Future, Extensive Studies and Prediction of Top Manufacturers Condition: AbbVie, Endo International, Eli Lilly - 3rd... - May 6th, 2020
- New clues on how to treat COVID-19 from T cell counts - The Nation - May 3rd, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Signs Development Agreement with Sterling Medical Devices to Advance the Development of Healight as a Potential Coronavirus Treatment... - April 29th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Positive Results from an Independently Conducted Clinical Study of the Company's Licensed COVID-19 IgG/IgM Point-of-Care... - April 17th, 2020
- The testosterone myth - The Week Magazine - April 12th, 2020
- Low T Therapy Market Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast 2020 2024 - Monroe Scoop - March 26th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Submits Notice of Commercialization to the FDA, Allowing for Company's Distribution of its 2-10 Minute COVID-19 IgG/IgM Point-of-Care... - March 23rd, 2020
- No, not everything about mens sexual behaviour can be explained by testosterone - Scroll.in - March 23rd, 2020
- Letters to the editor - Boston Herald - March 9th, 2020
- Low Testosterone - Symptoms & Treatment | Everyday Health - March 6th, 2020
- Lost revenue from low T fares must be recouped - Boston Herald - March 1st, 2020
- Indiana Regenerative Medicine Institute Offers Innovative Approaches in Regenerative Medicine, Hormone Replacement and Pain Management - Carmel... - March 1st, 2020
- Low Testosterone Causes | Everyday Health - February 24th, 2020
- Diagnosis, treatment and how to avoid osteoporosis - The Gazette - January 30th, 2020
- The Signs a Testosterone Booster is Needed - Science Times - January 22nd, 2020
- New Guideline for Testosterone Treatment in Men With 'Low T' - Medscape - January 9th, 2020
- John R. Hampton III, MD, is recognized by Continental Who's Who - PRNewswire - November 27th, 2019
- Expert Insights on Osteoporosis From the ACR/ARP 2019 Annual Meeting - Rheumatology Advisor - November 27th, 2019
- Low T Specialist - Dallas, TX & Frisco, TX: Men's T-Clinic ... - October 5th, 2019
- Does Insurance Cover Low T Treatment - Mantality Health - October 5th, 2019
- Low Testosterone Therapy (TRT) and Treatment from Low T Center - September 27th, 2019
- Low T Center, 549 East County Line Road, Building 4 Suite D ... - March 31st, 2019
- Low T Symptoms | Low Testosterone | Signs of Low T - March 12th, 2019
- Low T Treatment in Texas & Illinois | SynergenX Health ... - February 18th, 2019
- The Lowdown on Low-T - Discover Health - Rush University ... - February 18th, 2019
- The Low T Scam? - Testosterone Centers of Texas - Low T ... - February 18th, 2019
- Low T 99 - Testosterone Therapy: Bellevue, Seattle, Tacoma ... - December 31st, 2018
- Men, Low T, and the Facts | Lifespan - October 1st, 2018
- Denver Low T Medical Clinic and Testosterone Therapy Center - August 6th, 2018
- You've Heard About "Low T" But What About "Low E"? - April 23rd, 2018
- Low T 99 - 10 Photos - Health & Medical - 1239 120th Ave NE ... - April 23rd, 2018
- Low Testosterone Treatment - Carolina Men's Clinic - April 23rd, 2018
- Low T-Helper (CD4) Cell Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - March 2nd, 2018
- ED Clinic Nashville TN, Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Low T - February 10th, 2018
- Low-Testosterone (Low-T) - Controversy Over ... - AARP - January 11th, 2018
- Low testosterone symptoms | Effects of low testosterone - January 11th, 2018
- About Low Testosterone | Low T Center - December 29th, 2017
- Low Testosterone Replacement Therapy | Low T ... - Men's T Clinic - November 12th, 2017
- low t | eBay - November 12th, 2017
- Low Testosterone (Low T) Treatments - onhealth.com - November 2nd, 2017
- Low-T (Low Testosterone) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Treatment - October 22nd, 2017
- Erectile Dysfunction/Low T Men's Health Georgia - September 4th, 2017
- 10 easy ways to transform old band T-shirts into something new - Alternative Press - August 30th, 2017
- AbbVie Hit With $150 Million Loss in Low-T Cardiac Trial - Lexology (registration) - August 19th, 2017
- Low T Center returning to sponsor Sorenson - ESPN - August 18th, 2017
- Older men with 'low T' can improve their sex lives with testosterone therapy, study says - Men's Fitness - August 18th, 2017
- Center for Men | Tulsa Men's Clinic | Tulsa Low T - August 17th, 2017
- `Make Men Great Again' Speakers Bash Trans People While Pumping Up America's Girly Men - Southern Poverty Law Center - August 10th, 2017
- Doctors Address Low Testosterone Ads - CBS St. Louis - August 9th, 2017
- Low T - Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Ehormones - August 2nd, 2017
- What does a low T cell count mean? DoctorNDTV Queries - August 2nd, 2017
- Column: Testosterone treatment reserved for men with symptoms ... - The Daily Courier - July 5th, 2017
- Testosterone treatment reserved for men with symptoms - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - July 5th, 2017
- Low T Trial: Testosterone Gel Increases Plaque in Arteries - DrugWatch.com - June 2nd, 2017