Some clinics offer lipotropic injections for weight loss. However, researchers have not comprehensively studied the efficacy and safety of these.
Lipotropes in lipotropic injections include a mix of different vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that people report help them lose weight and fat.
Keep reading to learn more about lipotropic injections, including the ingredients, cost, dosage, and possible risks.
Some people use lipotropic injections because weight loss clinics market them as treatments that promote fat burning. In combination with a healthful diet and regular exercise, people who use lipotropic injections should lose fat more easily.
Each clinic has its own specific type of injection, so the components may differ from clinic to clinic.
Lipotropes are substances that promote the removal of fat from the liver and reduce the production of fat. Some of the more common lipotropes that clinics use include:
Vitamin B-12 and methionine are important nutrients required for reactions in the body that regulate fat and protein metabolism. That said, researchers have not confirmed that taking doses of vitamin B-12 or methionine above the recommended amount will actually help a person lose weight.
Researchers from the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Louisiana found that restricting dietary methionine in people with metabolic syndrome caused an increase in fat digestion. In this study, people in the control group and those restricting methionine lost the same amount of weight.
Another study showed that a combination of diet, myoinositol, and D-chiroinositol may have accelerated weight and fat loss in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. However, researchers need to conduct further studies to confirm the effects of inositol.
The substances in lipotropic injections may not be effective in reducing a persons weight or fat. Although, theoretically, these substances may have important roles in fat metabolism, researchers are still unsure if higher doses are beneficial for weight and fat loss.
Other clinics may introduce additional vitamins and amino acids that some practitioners believe provide additional weight loss support.
Although research into lipotropic injections is limited, researchers have studied the effects of plant-based foods as a source of lipotropes in rats. The researchers state that the major plant lipotropes include:
Other substances in plant foods such as fatty acids, fiber, and flavonoids may also have lipotropic effects. This study only explored the effect of lipotropic substances in the diet. The researchers did not investigate the effect of lipotropic injections in the test rats.
Clinical trials that have studied lipotropic injections are scarce. For this reason, some doctors may not recommend using them for weight or fat loss.
Weight loss clinics will establish the price of lipotropic injections, so the cost will vary from one weight loss clinic to the next.
One of the factors that may influence the cost they settle on is the components included in the lipotropic injection.
Vitamin B-12 injections alone may be less costly, but there is no scientific evidence around the cost of these injections.
Some clinics offer packages of injections, or they may include the cost of the injection in the price of a weight loss program.
The dosage depends on the ingredients in the injection. Also, each clinic may follow a different protocol and scheduling of the injections.
In some clinics, people receive lipotropic injections once weekly, whereas other clinics suggest more frequent injections.
As with cost, there is no scientific data to back any dosage claims that weight loss clinics make.
In one study, researchers administered 1,000 micrograms of vitamin B-12 intramuscularly to explore the effects on weight loss. Other clinics may choose different strengths of vitamin B-12 and other ingredients in their injection formulations.
People who want to use lipotropic injections should choose a clinic with a registered physician. Some clinics may not have doctors on staff, whereas others may have weight loss specialists who are also medical doctors.
Some lipotropic injections may not be appropriate for everyone. Before receiving their first injection, a person should check if any of the ingredients can be harmful in combination with their medications or a medical condition they have.
Apart from pain at the injection site, one of the risks of using lipotropic injections is that they may not work. People cannot rely on these injections to promote fat loss, so they should also try to adopt more healthful habits, such as exercising regularly.
Researchers have not studied the side effects of lipotropic injections. Information on side effects comes from anecdotal evidence from people who have used the injections for weight loss. Side effects may also vary from person to person.
People who want to lose weight can speak with a doctor or other healthcare provider to create a safe, effective, and individualized weight loss plan.
Doctors can help people find healthful ways to meet their weight, body mass index (BMI), and hip-to-waist ratio goals, which can promote overall health.
Before planning a weight loss regimen, people may wish to consider their current eating and exercise habits. Some questions they should ask themselves include:
Doctors, dietitians, and weight loss specialists can help answer some of these questions.
To lose weight and maintain the loss, a person may need to change lifestyle habits other than eating and exercise.
For example, weight loss programs that are safe and effective should also include:
People should try to avoid weight loss programs that are scams. They should report these to the Federal Trade Commission.
Some simple changes a person can make to their diet to promote more healthful habits include:
The 20152020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans provide nutrition and exercise recommendations. People who want to lose weight can follow these recommended guidelines, along with suggestions from their doctor.
Read about some other scientifically backed weight loss tips here.
Some people use lipotropic injections to aid fat loss and lose weight.
The purpose of these injections is to speed up the metabolism of fat. However, in order to maintain a moderate weight, people should also try to eat more healthfully and adopt regular exercise habits. Lipotropic injections are not a substitute for these healthful habits.
Researchers have not confirmed that lipotropic injections are effective.
Individual ingredients include some vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that may be involved in fat metabolism. However, most data on the success of lipotropic injections come from anecdotal evidence. Therefore, researchers should continue to study their effectiveness.
To lose weight and fat, a person should try to focus on lifestyle and diet.
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)| Sanford Health ... - May 30th, 2020
- Spaces That Work: The Wellness District - Design & Living Magazine - May 25th, 2020
- Nutrition: Weight loss is not easy, but its worth it - The Ledger - February 7th, 2020
- Nutrition: Weight loss is not easy, but its worth it - News Chief - February 4th, 2020
- Gemma Collins says controversial Skinny Jabs injections have changed her life as she shows off 2 stone wei - The Sun - February 4th, 2020
- Which of the Best Diets Are Actually Good for Cyclists? - Bicycling - January 9th, 2020
- Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery in Houston TX | Houston ... - March 12th, 2019
- Physicians Weight Loss Centers: Weight Loss Specialists ... - November 15th, 2018
- Nova Physician Wellness Center: Weight Loss Specialists ... - October 30th, 2018
- Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas: Weight Loss ... - April 2nd, 2018
- EMP 180 Weight Loss: Weight Loss Specialists: Vienna, VA ... - March 6th, 2018
- Gershon Pain - Pain Management & Weight Loss Treatments ... - March 6th, 2018
- Medical Weight Loss Program - Weight Loss Specialists - Eviva - November 9th, 2017
- Bali Weight Loss Opening in Ubud, 2017 - Press Release - Digital ... - Digital Journal - September 7th, 2017
- Businesspeople - Aug. 20, 2017 - Bismarck Tribune - August 20th, 2017
- CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists - Yelp - August 2nd, 2017
- Cialis net doctor - Cialis vs levitra cost - The Maravi Post - August 1st, 2017
- Weight Loss Specialists: The Johns Hopkins Digestive ... - April 8th, 2017
- Trump Sends Dow Past 21K; Fed Fuels Rate-Hike Expectations - Schaeffers Research (blog) - March 4th, 2017
- New Vision Weight Loss: Weight Loss Specialists: Manassas, VA - February 9th, 2017
- Bariatric Surgery Center Tijuana, Mexico - Weight Loss ... - September 25th, 2015
- New York Specialists in Medical Weight Control & Facial ... - August 15th, 2015
- Foothills Weight Loss | Knoxville, Tennessee - July 12th, 2015
- Medarts Weight Loss Specialists - Yelp - July 6th, 2015
- Weight Loss Specialists | Beaumont Digestive Health - June 10th, 2015
- Meet Dr. Todd Eibes, MD, FACS, Iowa Weight Loss Specialists - Video - April 24th, 2015
- Don't Stop Believin' - Spinning Mix - Video - March 10th, 2015
- Can't Be Tamed (Spinning Mix) - Video - March 7th, 2015
- Love Game (Spinning Mix) - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Part of Me (Spinning Mix) - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Starships (Spinning Mix) - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Weight Loss Meditation - Video - January 18th, 2015
- Weight Loss: Lose the Pounds - Video - January 16th, 2015
- Envision a Thinner You - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Control - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Self Esteem Hypnosis 4 - Video - January 14th, 2015
- Iowa Weight Loss: 2 months post-surgery video with patient Steve Simonin - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Iowa Weight Loss: 1 month post-surgery video with patient Steve Simonin - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Iowa Weight Loss: 4 months post-surgery video with patient Steve Simonin - Video - December 22nd, 2014
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy - Video - December 21st, 2014
- Work Stress and Your Weight - Video - November 17th, 2014
- Stealthy Health: Planning Ahead for Work Functions - Video - November 14th, 2014
- Meet Dr. Jerome Schrapps - Medical Director, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Bariatric Center - Video - October 25th, 2014
- Foothills Weight Loss Specialists Sept 2014 WBIR - Video - October 24th, 2014
- Vital Wellness & Weight Loss Video - Dallas, TX United State - Video - October 11th, 2014
- Healthwatch: Fort Sanders Center for Bariatric Surgery #2 - Video - September 5th, 2014
- What about scarring and excess skin after surgery? - Video - August 2nd, 2014
- How can a robot help me lose weight? - Video - August 2nd, 2014
- What are the different kinds of weight loss surgery? - Video - August 2nd, 2014
- How long until Im back to work after surgery? - Video - August 2nd, 2014
- Why do I love my work in bariatrics with Michelle Gordon - Video - July 12th, 2014
- The Process with Dr Todd Eibes - Video - July 11th, 2014
- What does a typical bariatric patient look like with Jon Hardersen, PA C - Video - July 11th, 2014
- What About Complications with Dr Todd Eibes - Video - July 11th, 2014
- Why Choose a Gastric Sleeve Bypass with Dr Todd Eibes - Video - July 11th, 2014
- Why choose Dr Todd Eibes with Michelle Gordon - Video - July 11th, 2014
- Will insurance pay for my bariatric surgery with Michelle Gordon - Video - July 11th, 2014
- What Will I Have to Eat After the Bariatric Surgery with Jon Hendersen, PA C - Video - July 11th, 2014
- The bariatric support group with Michelle Gordon - Video - July 11th, 2014
- Am I losing weight fast enough with Jon Hardersen, PA-C - Video - July 8th, 2014
- Add Years to Your Life with Dr Todd Eibes - Video - July 6th, 2014
- Gastric Sleeve Bypass with Dr Todd Eibes - Video - July 6th, 2014
- HCG Diet Miami FL - Video - June 23rd, 2014
- Jerry After Duodenal Switch Weight Loss Surgery - Weight Loss Specialists Of North Texas - Video - June 1st, 2014
- Personalized Weight Loss Program Weston FL | Weight Loss Specialists - Video - May 16th, 2014
- Freedom From Obesity III - Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas Educational DVD - Video - March 27th, 2014
- Freedom From Obesity II - Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas Educational DVD - Video - March 27th, 2014
- Freedom From Obesity I - Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas Educational DVD - Video - March 25th, 2014
- Foothills Feb. 2014 Commerical - Video - March 16th, 2014
- Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas TV Spot - Video - March 6th, 2014
- CardioMender MD, Weight Loss Specialists Serve South Florida - Video - September 26th, 2013
- A patient reviews Fort Lauderdale's best diet doctor - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Weston prefers medical weight loss for dieting - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Weight loss success stories begin with a visit to CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Broward fitness expert lost weight at CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Insulin treatments and dieting - testimony from a South Florida CardioMender patient - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- South Florida pediatrician loses weight at CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Bariatric Surgery Patient Shares Success at One Year - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Losing weight on the eve of your 50th birthday - Video - June 3rd, 2013
- Xclusiv Fitness | April Special - 20% Off Bootcamps! - Video - June 3rd, 2013