Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Today is day 40 of the whole life challenge. 26 days to cheese!
I received some listener feedback.
I am Facebook friends with a lot of listeners, I always welcome feedback. One of my most vocal listeners is Tori. Tori is a beautiful 20 somethinger from Canada by the way of Australia. I love her accent.
Tori was overweight as a child, and went through her school years overweight, with all the fun that entails, but has since lost the weight and has kept it off for years now.
Tori told me that the episodes are so boring now that she cant even listen. But she loves Erin. (I agree with Tori)
So if I break this down, the show is boring, you are good, I must be bringing down the shows entertainment value.
Now I dont want you to think that I only receive negative feedback.
Now I do positive feedback:
Just listened to your last 2 episodes. Just wanted to let to you know it really touched my heart. We all go through struggles with food. Your honesty is refreshing. Personally I dont need to hear about how great people are doing all the time. That is just not realistic. Please, please continue to do more because you are not alone.
Hi John! Im a fan and have listened to all your podcasts. I just wanted to suggest you have a look into the ketogenic diet (check out r/keto on reddit), it seems like something you might be interested in and might suit your lifestyle/preferences Its really helped me.
John Coz Costello
Hey John, I have been listening to your pod cast for some time and enjoy you blunt no nonsense commentary. The lapse and relapse episode really hit home. I lost 65lbs in 2011 and have gained back 31 lbs. Lately I have been gain a pound or two a week. You know the same old excuses. Blah blah..Since I listened to lapse and relapse, I have gotten back on my horse and made some positive progress and changes! I hope you are doing well. I am looking forward to your next pod cast, Its not whether you fall, its what you do after your fall. Failing or backsliding is not a character flaw..quitting is!!!
Well your podcasts have helped me . I still have weight to lose but you have a gift. Use it please. I am sure I am not the only one who misses your podcasts and you.
So getting back to Tori, she is not a fan of Militant programs Now a couple of years ago I paid $500.00 to join Lifestyle 180 from Leanness Lifestyle University. That is a program run by David Greenwalt. Now there are things about Lifestyle 180 I wasnt crazy about, but I lost 68 pounds in a short amount of time. I since gained it back but I was at my lowest weight in a long time on that program.
Tori believes in two things eat less move more. But Elizabeth Benson from the Primal Potential Podcast debunks this rumor on her 1st episode.
Myth Were Debunking: Eat less & move more is the way to lose weight. If weight loss was as simple as eat less and move more, we probably wouldnt have an obesity epidemic. This eat less/move more cycle has many of us chasing our tail, perpetually hungry, irritable and hormonally imbalanced.
Truth We Establish: Eating less & moving more actually works AGAINST your fat loss goals. It will likely only slow your metabolism, disturb your hormonal balance and make it harder for you to lose weight. The only people who benefit from the eat less, move more philosophy are those who write and sell the books pushing it. For the rest of us, it keeps us trapped. We are going down an unhappy path that doesnt lead us to our goals.
So Tori is right about me. I have tried all kinds of fad diets and programs that really didnt work for me.
Thesixth Lifestyle Practice, starting Saturday, June 6, is to write a Positivity Journal in your reflection each day. Every day of week 6, you will write, in your Daily Reflection, 3 positive things things you appreciate or just things you notice and are glad exist in your life.
To find more information about The Whole Life Challenge go to Whole Life Challenge
How to contact me with questions or comments
If you have a computer with a microphone you can record a voice message right on the Lets Reverse Obesity Website. (Click the Send Voice Mail Tab on the Right Side of the Website)
If you like the show and you havent already could you do me a favor and use this link to go to iTunes, subscribe to this podcast and give me a review on what you think of the show.
I have 24 reviews so far and they really help me move up in the rankings of other shows that deal with weight loss. Please dont be shy. I would love to say Im up to 30 reviews by the next episode and you could help me reach that goal.
The more positive reviews the show receives the higher the ranking in iTunes. Which would make it easier for people who are looking for information, inspiration, and motivation to find us. (Me & You)
Lets Reverse Obesity.com and the Lets Reverse Obesity Podcast are meant for informational purposes and do not constitute medical, nutritional, dietary, therapeutic, or any other advice. Any information on this site or in the podcast reflects Johns or his guests views and experiences only. You should always consult with a medical doctor, nurse, or other certified health professional before starting any diet, exercise, or any kind of health plan.
- No link between caesarean delivery and obesity, research finds - The Guardian - December 6th, 2019
- Limited Eating Times Could Be a New Way to Fight Obesity and Diabetes - EcoWatch - December 6th, 2019
- Harvard Scientists Develop Method to Limit Fat Absorption as Treatment for Obesity | News - Harvard Crimson - December 6th, 2019
- Water retention can make you look fat: Know how to get rid of obesity caused by oedema - TheHealthSite - December 6th, 2019
- Obesity Can Reduce Effectiveness of Heart Drugs - Newsmax - December 5th, 2019
- Director of public health highlights north-east's obesity problem - Press and Journal - December 5th, 2019
- Study explores relationship between obesity and gum disease - Yahoo India News - December 5th, 2019
- Promote Healthy Growth and Prevent Obesity in Children - UAPB News - December 5th, 2019
- The true costs of obesity - Medical Economics - December 4th, 2019
- MRI Reveals Brain Damage Linked With Obesity in Teens - MedPage Today - December 4th, 2019
- New study explores the effect of obesity on non-surgical periodontal care - News-Medical.net - December 4th, 2019
- Study shows obese, overweight have tougher time fighting the flu - WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland - December 4th, 2019
- Why scientists are studying hibernation to tackle obesity - Medical News Today - December 4th, 2019
- Project CommUNITY: Childhood obesity and its impact on Oklahoma children - KOCO Oklahoma City - December 4th, 2019
- Teen obesity may damage parts of the brain that regulates appetite, emotion - Radiology Business - December 4th, 2019
- Obesity: In The Absence Of Healthy Foods, This New Therapy Found By Scientists Could Help Manage Obesity - NDTV Food - December 4th, 2019
- Healthy Living: Great Ways to Fight Childhood Obesity - 9&10 News - December 4th, 2019
- New review assesses patients' perspectives of clinical consultations related to weight - News-Medical.net - December 4th, 2019
- Australia's favourite giraffe, Harold, will help to tackle preschool obesity on the Gold Coast - The Sector - December 4th, 2019
- The Heavy Truth About Fat Shaming And Obesity - GirlTalkHQ - December 4th, 2019
- Decline in early childhood obesity in WIC families - StMaryNow.com - December 4th, 2019
- Telling parents of young children they're overweight, obese bad for their health - Stuff.co.nz - December 4th, 2019
- Is obesity an addiction? Ross Walker investigates - Starts at 60 - December 4th, 2019
- Better late than never? New Zealand government finally responds to industry's anti-obesity plan - FoodNavigator-Asia.com - December 4th, 2019
- Obesity is an epidemic Why haven't we responded accordingly? | TheHill - The Hill - December 1st, 2019
- Antiarrhythmic Drug Response My Be Affected by Obesity: Study - DocWire News - December 1st, 2019
- Inflammation triggered by obesity may cause brain damage - SlashGear - December 1st, 2019
- MRI Scans Reveal What Obesity Does to the Brains of Teens - Newsweek - December 1st, 2019
- Decline in obesity of some young children attributed to improvements in WIC food package - FoodNavigator-USA.com - December 1st, 2019
- Flu Shot Doesn't Work As Well For Obese And Overweight People : Shots - Health News - NPR - December 1st, 2019
- The other ED to worry about Diabetes+obesity=Erectile dysfunction - Yahoo India News - December 1st, 2019
- The Croydon doctor who raps about knife crime, obesity and violence on NHS staff - MyLondon - December 1st, 2019
- Obesity Associated With Worse Working Memory in Women But Not Men - Endocrinology Advisor - December 1st, 2019
- These 8 foods are the biggest cause of childhood obesity - Times of India - December 1st, 2019
- Greece has second highest rate of child obesity in EU | Kathimerini - www.ekathimerini.com - December 1st, 2019
- Anti-Obesity Day 2019: What Causes Childhood Obesity? Tips For Parents To Help Their Children Maintain A Healthy Weight - NDTV News - December 1st, 2019
- Marion County participating in program to fight child obesity - WBTW - December 1st, 2019
- Obesity and food standards top election priorities -... - Footprint - December 1st, 2019
- INMB: Potential Link Between Obesity and Neuroinflammation Shown in Mouse Model of Alzheimer's - Zacks Small Cap Research - December 1st, 2019
- News digest Heart health risks, immunotherapy trials, prostate cancer urine test and living with cancer - Cancer Research UK - Science Blog - December 1st, 2019
- Rising alarms of childhood obesity in W.Va. - Beckley Register-Herald - November 23rd, 2019
- RA Treatment: Influence of Sex, Drugs, and Obesity - MedPage Today - November 23rd, 2019
- Surprising protein discovery could revert some severe obesity issues - Siliconrepublic.com - November 23rd, 2019
- Emotional toll of obesity - Telegraph India - November 23rd, 2019
- Health bureaucrats hit the road with 'transformative' new plan to tackle obesity - Sydney Morning Herald - November 23rd, 2019
- Two-thirds of men in Ireland are overweight or obese, report finds - The Irish Times - November 23rd, 2019
- LETTER: Should we blame parents for overweight children? - TheChronicleHerald.ca - November 23rd, 2019
- Letters: Innovate to tackle obesity | Letters - The Grocer - November 23rd, 2019
- Lower Childhood Obesity Rates in NJ Linked to Nutrition Program - NJ Spotlight - November 22nd, 2019
- Obese teens' quality of life improves after weight loss surgery - Reuters - November 22nd, 2019
- Recently discovered protein may play key role in obesity and metabolic disease - News-Medical.net - November 22nd, 2019
- Novo Nordisk and UNICEF announce new partnership to help prevent childhood overweight and obesity - UNICEF - November 22nd, 2019
- The Influence of Sex and Pre-operative Obesity on Biomechanics Two Years After Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Longitudinal Cohort Study - DocWire News - November 22nd, 2019
- Obesity Risk Linked to Mutations in MRAP2 Gene, Study Says - Genetic Obesity News - November 22nd, 2019
- Two-thirds of men in Ireland are overweight or obese, report finds - Irish Times - November 22nd, 2019
- Summit aims to reduce obesity in Mississippi - WJTV - November 22nd, 2019
- Study of 20-year-olds says obesity more likely among women - The Times - November 22nd, 2019
- New Book Offers Insight into the Lives of the Extremely Obese - Patch.com - November 22nd, 2019
- This protein that appears to play an important role in obesity, metabolic disease - Hindustan Times - November 22nd, 2019
- New studies point to benefits of weight-loss surgery for teens with severe obesity - News-Medical.net - November 20th, 2019
- 'Hyperpalatable' Defined as Foods Driving the Obesity Epidemic - Medscape - November 19th, 2019
- UC-Boulder 'encouraging' obesity with 'weight bias' workshop, conservative group says - Campus Reform - November 19th, 2019
- Free Decatur Event Will Address Being Overweight and Obesity Sat. - Decatur, GA Patch - November 19th, 2019
- Average US BMI on the rise despite increasing weight loss efforts - Medical News Today - November 19th, 2019
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Beneficial at Lower BMI; Call to Lower Threshold - Medscape - November 19th, 2019
- Obesity in Childhood Linked to Reduced Cortical Thickness, Executive Functioning - Psychiatry Advisor - November 19th, 2019
- Obesity-related cancers on the rise in younger Canadians: study - CBC.ca - November 19th, 2019
- Number of people with obesity doubles in 20 years - Open Access Government - November 19th, 2019
- Addressing the unmet needs of people living with obesity - Philippine Star - November 19th, 2019
- The way to tackle the child obesity epidemic? Teach cooking in schools - Telegraph.co.uk - November 19th, 2019
- Obesity And Obstetric Anesthesia: Current Insights | LRA - Dove Medical Press - November 18th, 2019
- 10 Things to Know About... Obesity - Entertainment.ie - November 18th, 2019
- How to Get Started Exercising When You're Living With Obesity - LIVESTRONG.COM - November 18th, 2019
- Here's Where New York Ranks Among Nation's Most Obese States - Daily Voice - November 18th, 2019
- UN spotlights 'explosive' obesity rates, hunger in Latin America and Caribbean - UN News - November 17th, 2019
- Obesity almost doubles in 20 years to affect 13 million people - The Guardian - November 17th, 2019
- Obesity and Bone Fractures in PWS Children Tied to High Blood Levels of Protein, Study Says - Prader-Willi News - November 17th, 2019
- UN calls for urgent action to curb rise in hunger and obesity in Latin America and Caribbean - YubaNet - November 17th, 2019
- Weight-Loss Surgery for Teens Who Cant Lose Weight Any Other Way - The New York Times - November 17th, 2019
- News digest cancer waiting times, complementary treatments, obesity and a NASA-style training for cancer patients? - Cancer Research UK - Science... - November 17th, 2019