Looking for a new kind of workout? SUP Yoga exercise might just be for you. Combining the best of the popular board sport stand up paddleboarding and ancient exercise form yoga can do wonders for not only your physical health, but your mental health too.
In this post, well take a look at the health benefits SUP yoga can bring you. Whether you want to get a six pack, shed some weight, or just find a way to lower your stress levels, look no further than SUP yoga.
Both stand up paddle boarding and yoga are known for improving balance and stability. When you put them together, youll feel the benefits even more! The stand up paddle boarding aspect will see you using your core and leg muscles to keep you balanced as you paddle on the board, while the muscles which support the spine are active too. All of this leads to better balance and posture, both on and off the board.
And thats before you look at yoga. Yoga not only works on your balance and stability, but your flexibility too. The low impact exercise engages joints and ligaments, as well as muscles that you usually wouldnt use. Stronger ligaments and joints mean more flexibility!
If all of this isnt enough, youll also get a boost in upper body strength from how you use your arms. Whether thats paddling out to your yoga spot, or assuming yoga poses! If you want to focus specific parts of your body through SUP yoga, there will be a pose designed for the part you intend to strengthen.
Want to get abs of steel? Theres nothing better than SUP yoga. With this low impact full body workout focusing largely on your core, youre sure to see muscles building on your stomach.
Of course, this isnt the only place that youll get more muscle tone. Your legs and arms work hard during SUP yoga, and youll be building upper body strength alongside developing that six pack.
Though you can do all of this in a gym, SUP yoga provides a much more mindful and enjoyable way to change how you look and feel!
As well as developing muscle tone, balance, and flexibility, SUP yoga can help you to lose weight. Though it might look relaxing, tranquil, and almost slow from afar, anyone who has done either of these sports will know that it can still be pretty strenuous.
A regular stand up paddle boarding sessions burns around 300 450 calories per hour (which is twice the amount of an average paced walk), and SUP yoga burns even more. Doing yoga on your paddleboard can actually burn as much as 600 calories an hour, which is only 100 less than a CrossFit session. And thats pretty intense!
Of course, you cant just rely on SUP yoga to lose weight. While that takes care of the exercise part of things, it must also be combined with a healthy diet. Combine both, and it wont be long before you seeing pounds or kilograms dropping off!
If you are hoping to burn more calories or lose more weight, SUP surfing and SUP touring could be what youre looking for.
Paddle board yoga works on the muscles, but it doesnt just stop at the abs, legs, and arms. It also looks after the most important muscle of all, the heart. As youre using muscles throughout your body, your heart is beating faster and supplying them all with oxygen.
While its pumping away that oxygen supply, you should be focusing on yogic breathing. These two combined mean that your circulation is improved throughout your entire body in the short term, and your overall cardiovascular health benefits long term.
Its hard to believe, but SUP yoga can help reduce your risk of suffering from heart disease, strokes, and high blood pressure. Amazing!
Yogic breathing isnt just good for speeding up your circulation. The ancient breathing techniques slow down your mind meaning that theres no space in your head for the stresses of everyday life. Youll be focused on nothing but the present moment.
And yogic breathing isnt the only mental health benefit of SUP yoga. Being outdoors is proven to help reduce stress just looking at views of the ocean or a mountain lake can ease your worries! Water really does have a therapeutic effect.
Being surrounded by nature will work on more than just your sight all of your senses will be engaged and youll be millions of miles away from your office or laptop.
While all this might sound like enough for you to lie back on your board and fall asleep, not so fast. Because SUP yoga is a mental and physical challenge, youll be using all your concentration to stay on the board and assume yoga positions.
Nailing those is the key to unlocking endorphins, serotonin and dopamine the brains happy chemicals. If youre looking for a great iSUP for Yoga exercise, we highly recommend buying from GILI Sports.
- Gaining weight can be difficult but here are the safest ways to do it - The Conversation UK - November 27th, 2020
- 7 Low-Carb Diet Foods That Can Help You Lose Weight - LIVESTRONG.COM - November 27th, 2020
- Health tips for men: Lifestyle changes that will help you lose weight and improve your overall health - fingerlakes1.com - November 27th, 2020
- Age No Barrier to Weight Loss in Those With Morbid Obesity - Medscape - November 27th, 2020
- Age Doesn't Matter When It Comes to Losing Weight, Study - Science Times - November 27th, 2020
- Weight loss story: I have a hot cup of amla jeera water every morning - Times of India - November 27th, 2020
- Weight loss: "My IT career made me pile on 25 kilos! Here is how I lost it and became a bodybuilder" - Times of India - November 27th, 2020
- 3 inspiring tips that helped this woman lose 95 kilograms - 7NEWS.com.au - November 27th, 2020
- Jeff Dana of Prolean Wellness will show you how to lose weight during the holidays - Yahoo News - November 27th, 2020
- 5 Smoothie Rules You Must Follow to Lose Weight - nation.lk - The Nation Newspaper - November 27th, 2020
- "I Will Never Stress You About Losing Weight" - Actress Nazo Ekezie Vows As She Begs For A Relationship With Don Jazzy - GH Gossip - November 27th, 2020
- NY COVID hospitalizations top 3,000 for first time in months - Talk Radio 1210 WPHT - November 27th, 2020
- How to Lose Weight with Fasting - BOXROX - November 11th, 2020
- 5 Myths About Calories That Could Prevent You From Losing Weight - LIVESTRONG.COM - November 11th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson touches on emotional eating struggles prior to losing weight - Geo News - November 11th, 2020
- Weight loss can reduce the risk of heart attack - Gulf Today - November 11th, 2020
- Do you have a thyroid condition? Here are 5 weight loss tips for people with hypothyroidism - Times Now - November 11th, 2020
- Guess which exercise burns fat the fastest: For weight loss, it's surprisingly simple - T3 - November 11th, 2020
- Trial finds limiting calories more important than the time of day you eat - New Atlas - November 11th, 2020
- Suffering from diabetes? Reducing body fat linked to lower heart risk among diabetic patients - TheHealthSite - November 11th, 2020
- How to avoid weight gain at home: 8 home weight loss tips and essential equipment - T3 - November 11th, 2020
- You Don't Have to Go Keto to Lose Weight, Says This Diet Expert - The Beet - November 9th, 2020
- How losing weight through fruits affects health, tips from nutritionist - Yahoo Philippines News - November 9th, 2020
- More Americans are Trying to Lose Weight Than Ever Before, Study Finds - msnNOW - November 9th, 2020
- The Health at Every Size Philosophy Aims To Make Health Care More Inclusive of Larger-Sized Bodies - Well+Good - November 9th, 2020
- Scots finding their get up and go after 50 by losing weight and moving abroad - Daily Record - November 9th, 2020
- One Shot Keto Reviews Details One Shot Keto Pills Read Ingredients and Really Work - Riverfront Times - November 9th, 2020
- The shape I'm in: Cork comedian Sinead Quinlan on her TV show and losing weight during lockdown - Irish Examiner - November 9th, 2020
- Pick Up These 5 Great Items To Help Lose Weight Quickly - Men's Journal - November 5th, 2020
- Why Am I Not Losing Weight on the Starch Solution? These 12 Simple Tweaks Can Help - POPSUGAR - November 5th, 2020
- Contradictheory: My secret to losing weight (it's not what you think) - The Star Online - November 5th, 2020
- The #1 Way to Lose Weight You Haven't Tried Yet, Say Doctors - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 5th, 2020
- Weight loss: 6 reasons why you may not be losing weight with Surya Namaskar - Times of India - November 5th, 2020
- Dry Fasting: Health Benefits of This Lesser Known Yet New Way to Fitness - News18 - November 5th, 2020
- 'By Counting Macros And Weightlifting To Train For A Fitness Competition, I Lost 140 Pounds' - Women's Health - November 5th, 2020
- R Walk Fitness catching on The Famuan - Famuan - November 5th, 2020
- How TikTok became a hotbed of pro-anorexic videos and severely underweight influencers promoting - The Sun - November 5th, 2020
- Doing This One Thing Can Drive Your Weight Loss, New Study Shows - Yahoo Canada Shine On - October 28th, 2020
- With Weight Watchers And The Nike Running App, I Finally Broke Out Of My Weight-Loss Rut - Women's Health - October 28th, 2020
- Best nutrition apps: 10 of the top options - Medical News Today - October 28th, 2020
- Weight loss: can your 'settling point' prevent you from losing weight in the long term? - T3 (Australia) - October 28th, 2020
- How Can You Get Rid of Back Fat? 11 Tips for the Gym and Your Plate - Greatist - October 28th, 2020
- The Best and Worst Snacks for Weight Loss - LIVESTRONG.COM - October 28th, 2020
- 8 Best and Worst Types of Alcohol for Weight Loss - Everyday Health - October 28th, 2020
- Losing 13 percent of your weight could lead to big health improvements - The Oakland Press - October 28th, 2020
- There's a way to make weight loss easier and it involves your partner (no, it's not sex) - T3 - October 28th, 2020
- Control your weight to lower stroke risk: 5 diet, fitness tips to help you shed pounds and keep them off - Times Now - October 28th, 2020
- Utah Latinos are urged to stay safe from COVID-19, avoid big holiday gatherings - Salt Lake Tribune - October 28th, 2020
- Definition is broader than what we covered | Jackson Hole Woman - Jackson Hole News&Guide - October 28th, 2020
- Khabib Nurmagomedov and Uriah Halls Traumatic Seizures May Reveal Dangers of Cutting Weight in the UFC - Sportscasting - October 28th, 2020
- Princeton Police Dept's Annual Coat Drive is Going On Now - 94.5 PST - October 28th, 2020
- Getting The Most Possible From Your Daily Workouts - Chiang Rai Times - October 28th, 2020
- 5 things to know about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - StarNewsOnline.com - October 28th, 2020
- Artificial Sweeteners in Drinks are Not Healthy and Safe for Heart - TheHealthMania - October 28th, 2020
- 5 science-backed benefits of fasting, and how to fast safely and effectively - INSIDER - October 22nd, 2020
- Do you really lose weight by fat-free and sugar-free diets? Know the pros and cons of such eating patterns - Times Now - October 22nd, 2020
- DECODED: Why is it harder for short people to lose weight - Times of India - October 22nd, 2020
- Best weight loss diets: Experts weigh in on Whole30, Paleo, Keto and more - CNET - October 22nd, 2020
- Suniel Shetty reveals his formula of gaining and losing weight - GQ India - October 22nd, 2020
- Study says this is the #1 thing that causes you to gain weight - BGR - October 22nd, 2020
- Lose weight in your sleep with these bedtime drinks - TheHealthSite - October 22nd, 2020
- Woman missing for 2 weeks found safe in Zion National Park - Seymour Tribune - October 22nd, 2020
- Health and Wellness Predictions For 2021: Helen Lee Schifter - Taste Terminal - October 22nd, 2020
- Slimming World consultant inspired to lose weight after feeling like a failure to her class - Lincolnshire Live - October 21st, 2020
- #HealthBytes: Effective tips that can help you lose weight - NewsBytes - October 21st, 2020
- How does Slimming World work and how much is it to join? - The Irish Sun - October 21st, 2020
- 'Its literally the perfect knife': Dan Hong on the three most useful objects in his life - The Guardian - October 21st, 2020
- After losing 140 pounds, Saskatoon woman shocked to learn province won't cover skin-removal surgeries - CTV News Saskatoon - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Loss Tips: Nutritionist Tells What Actually Works For Losing Weight Effectively - NDTV - October 18th, 2020
- Using the Pandemic as an Opportunity to Lose Weight and Get in Shape - The New York Times - October 18th, 2020
- You Can Still Eat Dessert and Lose Weight Unless You're Making These 3 Mistakes - LIVESTRONG.COM - October 18th, 2020
- 7 tips from Mumbais best fitness trainers and nutritionists on how to lose weight - GQ India - October 18th, 2020
- KETO Diet: Is It Just Hype Or A New Way Of Life? - Greek City Times - October 18th, 2020
- Want to knock off 5kgs in a month? Try this - NewsBytes - October 18th, 2020
- This Guy Lost 270 Pounds and Got Jacked After a Seizure Gave Him a Serious Wake-up Call - menshealth.com - October 18th, 2020
- Is it safe to do intermittent fasting while breastfeeding? - TheHealthSite - October 18th, 2020
- Amy Duggar Claps Back at Troll Who Told Her to Have More Kids, Lose Weight - Us Weekly - October 18th, 2020
- How Often Should You Work Out? For Weight Loss and Muscle Gain - Greatist - October 18th, 2020
- The Arctic is on track to lose more ice this century than at any point since the end of the Ice Age. Photos show the dramatic melting. - Business... - October 18th, 2020
- Phillip Schofield's months of hell and secret torment - losing weight, vomiting and missing work - Mirror Online - October 18th, 2020