Indiana's obesityrate is the 12th highest in the U.S., and beyond impacting individuals health, this statistic costs the entire state economically.
In fact, its estimated that obesity costs Indiana more than $8.5 billion a year in missing work, low productivity, healthcare costs, and premature death.
Two of the leading causes of obesity are what we eat and how much physical activity we get.
Tricia Smith and her husband, Scott, of Warsaw have developed what they hope becomes a more holistic approach for any northeast Indiana resident looking to shed some weight in a safe and approachable way.
The Smiths opened Lake City Nutrition in Warsaw in September 2019 to meet a need they saw in the community for healthy meal replacement options and comprehensive lifestyle plans.
On the surface, Lake City Nutrition is a destination for healthy shakes, smoothies, and teas, with more than 100 flavors of protein shakes to choose from.
But while the Smiths have found that many residents are familiar with the popular protein shake trend, few know the nutritional value of shakes and how they can be effectively incorporated into a weight loss plan.
Lake City Nutrition offers fun new flavors every week.
Thats where Lake City Nutritions value comes into play. Along with serving drinks at their storefront, Lake City also helps clients create customized Herbalife Nutrition weight loss programs to fit their body types.
To do this, they partner with Herbalife Nutrition, a globalmulti-level marketingcorporation that develops and sells nutritional products, including health-and-wellness supplements for weight management, personal care, general wellness, and sports performance.
Once Lake City Nutrition clients create profiles online, a personalized guide is generated for them based on their profile and wellness goals.
The companys shake products are then shipped to their door or can be picked up at Lake City Nutritions storefront.
Lake City Nutrition also offers Herbalife wellness coaches who guide clients through the plan and are available to answer any questions and provide support. Tricia and Scott are wellness coaches themselves and help clients reach their desired weight, offer advice and give encouragement throughout the process.
Tricia says that she and Scott are living proof of the programs success. She lost 38 pounds using the HerbaLife program.We fell in love with the products because of the change it made in our own lives, Tricia says. Not only did it change our physical appearance, but also how we felt. We just feel better, so we wanted to offer that to other people so they could experience the same thing.
Along with the effectiveness of the protein shake approach to weight loss, another reason Tricia likes this approach is because it helps clients un-learn some of the unhealthy starvation practices they might have tried to lose weight in the past.
Back when I was a teenager, the thought was the less you eat, the faster the weight will come off, but thats not true, Tricia says. I have learned through my experience that you need to be getting enough protein because, otherwise, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto fat. So it is important that youre feeding your body and keeping your nutrition good. Otherwise, your body has nothing to go on.
Lake City Nutritions shakes are based on a unique formula that contains several health benefits, Tricia explains. One shake contains about 250 calories or fewer, 17 grams of protein, 21 vitamins and minerals, 10 grams of sugar, 10-15 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber for complete nutritional value.
In addition to its menu of protein shakes, herbal tea, and aloe products, Lake City Nutrition also offers a variety of creative, active classes for its members, such as cardio drumming.
In the future, they hope to move locations so they can host active events once a month to increase community involvement and encourage healthy living, Tricia says.
During COVID-19, Lake City Nutrition is keeping regular hours for curbside pickup and carryout only from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
College students get a discount on any shake/tea combo every Tuesday.
For more information, visit its Facebook page or website at http://www.tricia-scott.goherbalife.com.
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market 2020 | Growing Rapidly with Significant CAGR, Leading Players, Innovative Trends and Expected Revenue by 2026... - March 28th, 2020
- Exploring the Weight Management industry with potential market analysis Future growth opportunities to 2025 - Skyline Gazette - March 28th, 2020
- Bring in the Robot Cleaners: Travel Industry Innovations for the Pandemic - The New York Times - March 28th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Growth Rate, Demands, Status And Application Forecast To 2025 - periodical360 - March 28th, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Weight Management Equipment Market: Industry Size, Growth, Revenue, Statistics, Competitive Landscape and Forecast 2020-2024 -... - March 28th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tip of the Week: How to Eat Walnut to Lose Weight - LatestLY - March 28th, 2020
- Technologies vs the Bulge - Daily Times - March 28th, 2020
- 'We Are Treated As Expendable,' Banner Nurses, Docs Say - Phoenix New Times - March 28th, 2020
- A Personal Trainer Should Not Be A Luxury: A Conversation With Barrington Bennett - Essence - March 27th, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2018 to 2028 - Jewish Life News - March 27th, 2020
- Europe Nutraceuticals Market to 2027 - Aids in Reducing the Risk of Diabetes & Cardiovascular Diseases - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - March 27th, 2020
- 5 Easy And Yummy Ways To Include Walnuts In Your Daily Diet - NDTV Food - March 27th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, PC Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Southwest Airlines, CPI Aerostructures, Tivity... - March 27th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market to Record Overwhelming Hike in Revenues by 2026 - Skyline Gazette - March 26th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Comprehensive Research Report and Forecast to 2028 - Packaging News 24 - March 26th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Diets Market 2019 Industry Growth, Competitive Analysis, Future Prospects And Forecast 2025 - Skyline Gazette - March 26th, 2020
- BioCorRx on growth fast track with robust pipeline, programs for substance use disorders, and weight loss - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - March 26th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Southwest Airlines, CPI Aerostructures, Tivity... - March 26th, 2020
- The Rock Shared the Most Important Career Move He Ever Made - menshealth.com - March 26th, 2020
- Japan National Stadium wins Jury prize at Stadium of the Year Awards - Australasian Leisure Management - March 26th, 2020
- Global Weight Management Market 2020 Industry Status, Business Growth and Forecast Outlook to 2025 - Red & Black Student Newspaper - March 26th, 2020
- High Blood Pressure and Kidney Disease - National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) - March 26th, 2020
- 2020 Global Weight Management Products Market, Size, Share, Outlook and Growth Opportunities, Forecast to 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo... - March 20th, 2020
- Bariatric Surgery Associated With Significant Weight Loss, Fewer Heart Attacks and Strokes - SciTechDaily - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market: Global Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Size, Revenue and Forecast up to 2025 - Packaging News... - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Witness Increase in Revenues by 2018 to 2028 - Feed Road - March 20th, 2020
- Home Remedy For Immunity: How To Make Mint Water For Healthy Weight Loss And Good Immunity - NDTV Food - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Industry Register a Hugh Growth In Healthcare Industry by 2027 - Skyline Gazette - March 20th, 2020
- Europe Nutraceuticals Market to 2027 - Regional Analysis and Forecasts by Type ; Application - Benzinga - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Management industry analysis, share, key players and forecast report by 2030 described in a new market report - WhaTech Technology and Markets... - March 20th, 2020
- Taro Leaves: Nutrition, Benefits, and Uses - Healthline - March 20th, 2020
- North America Nutraceuticals Market to 2027 - Regional Analysis and Forecasts by Type ; Application - GlobeNewswire - March 20th, 2020
- Skipping Breakfast Linked To Greater Risk Of Depressive Symptoms - Men's Health - March 20th, 2020
- Innovative Womens HealthCare serves clients in several counties - Grand Island Independent - March 15th, 2020
- Smoking cessation and weight change in relation to cardiovascular disease incidence and mortality in people with type 2 diabetes - 2 Minute Medicine - March 15th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tip of the Week: How to Eat Black Beans to Lose Weight - LatestLY - March 15th, 2020
- Highland County Veterans Service Office hosting 'My Day at the VA' event - The Highland County Press - March 15th, 2020
- Coping with coronavirus anxiety - Harvard Health Blog - Harvard Health - March 15th, 2020
- It is Not What We Eat, But When We Eat - Live Trading News - March 15th, 2020
- Why the UKs NHS leads the world in managing diabetes - Financial Times - March 15th, 2020
- How to spot and treat infectious bronchitis in broilers - FarmersWeekly - March 15th, 2020
- PLT Health Solutions launches water-dispersible version of its Slendacor ingredient - Nutritional Outlook - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market 2020 Scenario of Top Sellers The Coca Cola, Herbalife Nutrition, The Procter & Gamble - News Times - March 9th, 2020
- FTC Issues Warning to Social Media Influencers Involved With Teami - 9&10 News - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Diet Management Market Size, Share, Growth Rate, Revenue, Applications, Industry Demand & Forecast to 2025 - Daily Science - March 9th, 2020
- Miriam's Big Fat Adventure: what time the Miriam Margolyes documentary is on BBC Two tonight, and where she visits - inews - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market Increasing Demand with Leading Player, Comprehensive Analysis, Forecast to 2026 - News Times - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2017 to 2026 - News Times - March 9th, 2020
- Skipping breakfast and eating late could stop you losing weight - Yahoo News - March 9th, 2020
- Events and Happenings in Carson City region for Sunday, March 8 - Carson Now - March 9th, 2020
- The secret of exercise and weight loss - Jamaica Observer - March 9th, 2020
- Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market-Size, Explored By New Report For The Forecast 2015-2026 - Daily Science - March 9th, 2020
- The Vitamin Shoppe Introduces the fitfactor Weight Management System brand, a Flexible and Personalized Approach to Balanced Wellness #39031 - New... - March 9th, 2020
- When should you actually eat to manage your weight? - The Daily Star - March 9th, 2020
- International Women's Day 2020: Top Essential Nutrients That Should Be A Part Of Every Woman's Diet - NDTV News - March 9th, 2020
- 7 Science-Backed Hacks To Help You Lose Weight And Keep It Off - Women's Health - March 9th, 2020
- How to lose visceral fat: Best food to eat at breakfast to reduce the harmful belly fat - Express - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Insights on Trends, Application, Types, User Analysis, Latest Trends, Rising Demand and Applications for 2020-2026 - News... - March 2nd, 2020
- Along with weight problems, anxiousness can also be the issue of mindfulness remedy - Sahiwal Tv - March 2nd, 2020
- Karyopharm Announces Phase 3 BOSTON Study Meets Primary Endpoint with Significant Increase in Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Multiple... - March 2nd, 2020
- Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020 Provides An In-Depth Insight Of Sales, Revenue, Growth And Trends Forecast To 2020-2026 - Feed... - March 2nd, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Diet Management Products and Services Market 2020 Manufacturing Analysis, Development Status, Competitive Analysis to 2025 - NJ... - March 2nd, 2020
- Sustainable or just a phase? Truths about how diets affect long-term health - The Asbury Collegian - March 2nd, 2020
- IBD vs. IBS: What's the difference? - CNET - March 2nd, 2020
- Here are five popular myths about Almond; read - Republic World - Republic World - March 2nd, 2020
- 4 myths about PCOS and why they are wrong - News - The University of Sydney - March 2nd, 2020
- Ramphal: 5 Reasons To Eat This Hyper-Local Fruit Every Day - NDTV News - March 2nd, 2020
- Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020 Massive growth, Industry Trends, Technological Innovation, Size, Share and Growth Factor Oulook... - February 29th, 2020
- NYU Langone offers 'New Buzz on Heart Health' in Industry City - Brooklyn Reporter - February 29th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market: Global Trends, Analysis and Forecast 2017 to 2026 - Jewish Life News - February 29th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market 2020 Scope By Players The Coca Cola, Herbalife Nutrition, The Procter & Gamble - Daily Science - February 29th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Research, Recent Trends and Growth For - News by aeresearch - February 29th, 2020
- This Diabetes-Friendly Breakfast of Broccoli Paratha And Dahi Will Have You Drooling! - NDTV Food - February 29th, 2020
- High-Protein Diet: 4 Yummy Ways To Have Boiled Eggs For Breakfast - NDTV Food - February 29th, 2020
- Why Is Weight Loss Still Part of Workplace Wellness? - Rewire.org - February 27th, 2020
- Weight Management Market by Type and Distribution Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast 2020-2025 - News Times - February 27th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market Promising Growth Opportunities & Forecast 2018 to 2027 - News Times - February 27th, 2020
- Nothing Deceptive With Diet Drinks, Says the Ninth Circuit - Lexology - February 27th, 2020
- Heres Why Intermittent Fasting Is Suddenly So Popular in Philly, According to Nutrition Pros - phillymag.com - February 27th, 2020
- VMX features second well-being study | American Veterinary Medical Association - American Veterinary Medical Association - February 27th, 2020