LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--inHealth, a Lifestyle Therapeutics company with a mission to unlock the human potential for preventing and reversing chronic disease, today announced the appointment of Harry Kim to Chief Executive Officer, in addition to his position as Executive Chairman. Kim takes over the role of CEO from Aubrey Jenkins (co-founder) who will transition to President of inHealth. The Company also expands its leadership team with the appointments of Brittany Kodish to Director of Business Development and Amanda Guisbond to Director of Marketing and accelerates its plans to hire and grow while telehealth, remote patient monitoring and effective triaging of healthcare workers takes center stage amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lifestyle is the biggest predictor of a persons overall health more than medical care and genetics. To treat disease, we must treat lifestyle, said Aubrey Jenkins. Lifestyle therapy takes on new meaning during this COVID-19 pandemic, as providers struggle to stay connected to their high-risk, hard-to-treat patients. To manage chronic diseases like obesity, heart disease and diabetes, providers and patients must embrace telehealth and clinically based lifestyle programs.
Adds Jenkins: We have spent 12 years forging a new form of therapy, turning lifestyle into medicine. Scaling a new standard of care requires new leadership. I am honored to partner with Harry to advance our mission to help millions of Americans. As a seasoned digital health leader, Harry has scaled mobile health apps and services in companies like Amwell, Samsung and HP. I have never been more excited for the future of care delivery.
inHealth Lifestyle Therapeutics put lifestyle science into action through accredited coaching that delivers blockbuster patient outcomes. Lifestyle Therapeutics are:
The healthcare professionals delivering care every day are front line warriors and heroes. In the fight to improve peoples health, we need more than pills, procedures and devices. We need to unlock and empower the human potential underlying disease progression and management, said Harry Kim. Lifestyle Therapeutics represent a new standard of care that complements and improves how providers, health plans, medical device companies, and other innovators deliver meaningful outcomes. The time is now lets go!
For more on the new leadership team and the history of the company, read on.
About the Expanded Leadership Team
Harry Kim, CEO and Executive Chairman
Harry Kim joined inHealth in October 2019 as Chairman in May 2020 was promoted to CEO. He brings 20-plus years of executive experience in healthcare and technology to the team. Previously, Harry was SVP and General Manager at Amwell and before that, served as the Global Business Lead for Samsung Health where he led strategy and business development, connecting millions of consumers to clinical services through mobile technology. Prior to Samsung, Harry spent 10 years growing Hewlett-Packard's Health and Life Sciences industry business from $3 billion to $11 billion and organically built a $1 billion-plus business around HPs Digital Hospital solution. Harry was also a management consultant for E&Y and Deloitte and led product management and marketing for B2B startup Converge.
Brittany Kodish, Director of Business Development
Brittany Kodish served as the key account director for Sydney, Australia-based telehealth start-up Coviu before joining inHealth. Before that she worked on the clinical side of Amwell (then American Well) supporting doctors and key accounts in adopting and streamlining telehealth programs. Brittany also served as an account manager for large group practices at electronic medical record company athenahealth.
Amanda Guisbond, Director of Marketing
Amanda Guisbond has held in-house communications and marketing roles at Amwell and athenahealth. Most relevant to inHealth, Amanda led corporate communications, PR and content marketing for Amwell, generating national awareness of Amwells white-label telehealth platform for health systems and health plans. Amanda has also worked on the agency side at various firms supporting healthcare leaders and innovators such as HIMSS, Moderna Therapeutics and Genome Medical.
Harry, Brittany and Amanda join the existing inHealth leadership team: Aubrey Jenkins, Co-Founder and President; Michelle Alencar, Ph.D., Co-Founder, Chief Science Officer and Head of Research; and Johnnie Jenkins, Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer.
About inHealth Lifestyle Therapeutics
Founded in 2008 as a brick-and-mortar company, inHealth was inspired by real patient challenges. After Aubrey Jenkins mother had bariatric surgery, she was concerned about the lack of outpatient care and support programs available. Aubrey saw her mother build one of the first reimbursable, medical weight management programs in the nation, helping people who struggled like she did. Aubrey knew she wanted to help more patients get access to the care they needed to succeed long-term. Enter: inHealth.
Over time, the proprietary InHealth Method for managing chronic conditions including obesity, heart disease and diabetes emerged and in 2016, moved to a telehealth model. It involves 1:1 health coaching over video with NCCA Certified Health Coaches (registered nurses, registered dietitians and clinical care nutritionists) with previous healthcare experience. Patients can be referred by their providers and have visits covered by insurance. The InHealth Method has been proven across multiple, clinical studies.
InHealth is currently partnered with several large employer groups, two global medical device companies and one of the nations top five commercial payers. Like its services, the company operates virtually with team members across the United States. For more information on inHealth Lifestyle Therapeutics please visit our website at http://www.inhealthonline.com.
- Tag: Covid 19 impact on Digestive Health Supplements market - Cole of Duty - June 7th, 2020
- 12 Weight Loss Tips, Diet Plans & Weight Management Programs - May 29th, 2020
- Positive Correlation between Stress, Weight Gain And Physical Body Pain Observed - BSA bureau - May 23rd, 2020
- $722+ Billion Nutraceutical Market Size and Share Breakdown by Product and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - May 20th, 2020
- Global Health and Weight Management Market (2018 to 2025) - Featuring Fitbit, Gold's Gym International & Jenny Craig Among Others - GlobeNewswire - April 18th, 2020
- Insights into the Worldwide Health and Weight Management Industry to 2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo Finance - April 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Reach US$ 269.2 Billion by 2024, Driven by Rising Occurrence of Health-Related Issues - Skyline Gazette - March 25th, 2020
- Slimming Weight Management Market New Business Opportunities and Investment Research Report 2025 - periodical360 - March 21st, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Reach US$ 269.2 Billion by 2024, Driven by Rising Occurrence of Health-Related Issues - Feed Road - March 21st, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Reach US$ 269.2 Billion by 2024, Driven by Rising Occurrence of Health-Related Issues - 3rd Watch News - March 7th, 2020
- Women's Excellence Offers Comprehensive Wellness and Weight Management Programs to Help Women Achieve Their New Year's Resolutions - Yahoo Finance - January 31st, 2020
- Reducing Weight And Stigma Can Be Complementary Goals - PsychCentral.com - January 29th, 2020
- Center for Physical Activity and Weight Management - January 15th, 2020
- New Keto-friendly Program Enhances the Original South Beach Diet With the Latest Science - The Ritz Herald - January 2nd, 2020
- Singapore employers upping health benefits to stay ahead in talent race - Insurance Business ASIA - December 18th, 2019
- The global plant-based protein market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8% during the forecast period 2019-2025 - PRNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- Weight Management Market Potential Growth, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players- Research Forecasts to 2026 - Galus Australis - December 18th, 2019
- Medical News Today: How to prevent festive weight gain without exercising - Denton Daily - December 16th, 2019
- Weight Management Market Research Report, Market Share, Size, Trends, Forecast and Analysis of Key players 2024 - Space Market Research - December 3rd, 2019
- YMCA considering options other than Bates Mill No. 5 - Lewiston Sun Journal - November 23rd, 2019
- Medical News Today: How to prevent festive weight gain without exercising - Stock Daily Dish - November 22nd, 2019
- Medical Weight Management - Obesity Action Coalition - October 13th, 2019
- Nutrition and Weight Management - Hancock Wellness Center - May 3rd, 2019
- Weight Management Center | MUSC Health | Charleston, SC - March 8th, 2019
- Ascension Via Christi Weight Management in Wichita - February 10th, 2019
- Weight Management Programs - Childrens Hospital in CT - January 10th, 2019
- Weight Management Programs - Medical Practice Management Solution - November 28th, 2018
- Weight management programs - HAP Michigan - November 28th, 2018
- Medical Weight Management Doctors & Programs in NJ - September 25th, 2018
- Weight Management Programs | Sutter Health - July 20th, 2018
- Weight Management Programs in Rhode Island | Lifespan - April 21st, 2018
- Weight Management Programs | Weight Loss Counseling - December 14th, 2017
- Weight Management & Nutrition Programs | Minnesota ... - December 14th, 2017
- Herbal Weight Loss Products Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2025 - satPRnews (press release) - August 7th, 2017
- Weight Watchers | $WTW Stock | Shares Soar As Earnings Beat, Raise Guidance - TickerTV News (press release) - August 7th, 2017
- Screen Kids, Teens for Obesity, Experts Say - Newsmax.com - Newsmax - June 22nd, 2017
- Opinion: Expand Medicaid? In NORTH CAROLINA? - Charlotte magazine - April 18th, 2017
- Unclear whether mindful eating can help you lose weight, says review - Medical Xpress - April 16th, 2017
- What's New, And What's Not, In The Latest Medicaid Expansion Bill - WFAE - April 12th, 2017
- Workplace Wellness kick-off meeting planned - Crow River Media - April 10th, 2017
- Weight Loss Left to Your Own Devices: How Technology Can Help You Manage Your Weight - Charleston Post Courier - March 31st, 2017
- One Buc Mailbag: Nutrition, Numbers and 19 - Buccaneers.com - March 30th, 2017
- Benefits of fitness devices - Lake Country Now - March 4th, 2017
- Medical Weight Management Programs | Positive Choice - February 19th, 2017
- Before-N-After Murrieta - Weight Management Programs in ... - September 25th, 2015
- Ultimate Weight Management Programs - CRC Health - August 1st, 2015
- Weight Management Programs - July 2nd, 2015
- NYC Weight Loss Program Takes Insurance | Brooklyn Doctors ... - June 18th, 2015
- Best Weight Loss Workouts Reviews - Video - March 11th, 2015
- How To Burn Fat Review - Video - February 24th, 2015
- Best Exercises To Lose Weight Reviews - Video - February 14th, 2015
- Weight Loss Malaysia- Lose Weight Fast and Healthy - Video - February 3rd, 2015
- weight management programs Tips - Video - July 7th, 2014
- Group Fitness, Imperial PA - Video - June 3rd, 2013