WHO'S THE NEXT great fitness motivator, the cutting-edge trainer who can get you to tune into streaming workouts and educate you on muscle-building secrets? Mens Health wants to find out, which is why were launching our first-ever search for Men's Health's Next Top Trainer.
All throughout 2020, millions of people turned to Instagram and Facebook for workout inspiration and information, encountering thousands of trainers who taught them how to get stronger, faster, and better. And sure, all these trainers could make you sweat, but how many could actually help you build the muscle you want and burn fat in a fun, safe way? How many of these trainers actually made you want to work out even more?
AT MEN'S HEALTH, were chasing that blend of smarts and enthusiasm in our trainers, looking for trainers who can get you excited about sweating and pumping iron. And in our new interactive video series, were offering 8 trainers an opportunity to prove they have MH-level game. For eight weeks, well put contestants through challenges that test their skill, charisma, and training knowledge. Each challenge will be judged by a panel of elite Mens Health trainers (and a few surprise celebrity guests).
Our goal: Find the most electric, innovative, and driven trainer to help us motivate the masses to get into the best shape of their lives. That trainer wins a boatload too: A cash prize, a chance to work on Mens Healths video channels, a workout in the magazine, and the coveted title of Mens Healths Next Trainer.
Bodybuilder, Gymshark Athlete, & Founder of Fitness Culture
A professional bodybuilder and two-time Mr. Olympia, Steve Cook has been a spokesperson for bodybuilding.com, Optimum Nutrition, and Gymshark. Hes appeared on multiple magazine covers including Muscle & Fitness, Men's Fitness and Iron Man. And most recently, Steves became the newest coach on USA Networks The Biggest Loser. He spent the last couple years creating and producing his own fitness content for social media and is quickly becoming one of the most recognizable faces in fitness.
Fitness Director of Men's Health
Ebenzer Samuel, C.S.C.S., is the fitness director of Men's Health and a certified trainer with more than 10 years of training experience. He's logged training time with NFL athletes and track athletes and his current training regimen includes weight training, HIIT conditioning, and yoga. Before joining Men's Health in 2017, he served as a sports columnist and tech columnist for the New York Daily News.
ATHLEAN-X Pro Athlete Strength Coach/Physical Therapist
Jeff Cavaliere MSPT, CSCS served as both the Head Physical Therapist and Assistant Strength Coach for the New York Mets during the National League East Championship 2006, 2007 and 2008 seasons and coached some of the games most accomplished players including future hall of fame pitchers Tom Glavine and Pedro Martinez, and perennial all-stars Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, David Wright, Jose Reyes, and Billy Wagner to name just a few. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
WEEK 1 GUEST: ROBIN ARZN
Head Instructor & VP of Fitness Programming at Peloton
Robin Arzn is the Head Instructor and Vice President of Fitness Programming at Peloton. She's also an ultramarathon runner and bestselling author of the book 'Shut Up & Run.'
Eight up-and-coming fitness trainers battle it out for cash, clout, and a chance to get featured in the pages of Men's Health. Each week's challenge gives one trainer a small taste of stardom on our Instagram channel and eliminates one trainer from the competition.
Certifications: NASM , ACE, Precision Nutrition
Christopher Kadima is a fitness personal trainer and former professional basketball player from France based in Los Angeles. Certified through the National Academy of Sport and Medicine (NASM), American Council on Exercise (ACE) and Precision Nutrition, Christopher has help his clients to reach their personal fitness goals ranging from strength and conditioning to weight loss and muscle growth.
Chris Almazan is a New Jersey-based trainer whose own successful fitness journey has led him to specialize in macro nutrient dieting and 30 day transformations. He owns a gym in Hoboken where he aims to get fast results for his clients.
Certifications: ACE, NASM
Anthony Rice is a South Florida-based personal trainer, boxing coach, and muay thai instructor committed to helping his clients meet their fitness goals. Prior to becoming a personal trainer, Anthony was an avid MMA, Jui Jitsu, and wrestling competitor.
Certifications: NCCPT, USAW, Kettlebell Athletics, PROnatal Fitness
A former college athlete turned fitness professional, Jahkeen Washington is the co-owner of JTW Fit, Harlems first boutique fitness studio which opened in 2019. His training style brings a level of intensity that challenges clients and keeps them engaged. He believes fitness should be both fun and results-driven.
Certifications:ISSA, NCSF, TRX
JJ has taken everything he has learned, read about, competed in and practiced at to create a dynamic hybrid in the fitness world that demands results. JJ has a Bachelor of Science degree in exercise and sports science, is a ISSA certified personal trainer and is TRX certified in addition to placing 5th overall at the Complete Nutrition NPC Physique Competition. JJs philosophy is to constantly vary the workout. He utilizes functional training methods, HIIT-style training, Crossfit, TRX, Tabata, kettlebells and plyometrics in order to keep his training sessions fresh and effective.
A lifelong athlete, Javante is a former D1 college athlete and NFL Draft Prospect. Those experiences combined with his continuing education led him to personal training.. His clients come to him for strength and conditioning as well as performance training. His training programs target Increasing muscle mass and decreasing body fat and he aims to help all his clients become leaner, faster and stronger.
Certifications: NCCPT National Council for Certified Personal Trainers
Josh, is a four-year collegiate athlete, vigorous and creative Fitness Professional. He has been dedicated to the Fitness and Nutrition industry for the past 10 years, with over 35,000 hours of training and consulting earning himself the nickname The Transformer. His company True Vine Health & Fitness is currently based out of Richmond, Virginia whereas his motto is Discipline + Consistency = Results. Josh sets the example of living an active lifestyle by staying physically fit, adopting a healthy way of life which can lead to an individual feeling mentally, physically and spiritually uplifting.
Certifications: AFAA - CPT PN LVL 1 PN LVL 2
Chris Coulson spent a decade in the Navy before an injury caused him to change course. While rehabbing his ACL and meniscus, he began seriously researching the fundamentals of strength training, kinesiology, and nutrition. Hes since become a personal trainer with a focus on strength conditioning. Fitness and nutrition is a journey of constant knowledge, which he takes very seriously.
The journey begins for our hand-selected group of Americas best up-and-coming trainers. For their first challenge, contestants must create a unique burpee video capable of going viral onlineor risk being eliminated by the judges.
- We Just Dropped Fitspo Merch Youre Going to Want to Lift In - menshealth.com - November 27th, 2020
- Brian Mazza Is Running 50 Miles to Fight Male Infertility Stigma - menshealth.com - November 27th, 2020
- Meet The Female CEO Bringing Men's Health Initiative Movember To Women - Forbes - November 27th, 2020
- US : The 6 foods most recommended by doctors, to enhance men's health - Explica - November 24th, 2020
- Grow a mo to raise some dough and awareness of mens health - Larne Times - November 12th, 2020
- James Wilks Featured In Mens Health Most Influential Men In Health And Fitness List - Plant Based News - November 12th, 2020
- These 3 Steps Will Help You Deal With Negativity in the News - menshealth.com - November 12th, 2020
- Cranbrook's Sutton brothers form non-profit Rising Wolf to promote and support men's health - BCLocalNews - November 12th, 2020
- [Tuning In] Sean Low on taboo in men's health and how machismo shouldn't get in the way for men to feel their best - KrASIA - November 3rd, 2020
- You're Invited to Join Us for an Exclusive, Virtual MVP Live Event - menshealth.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Moustaches for Men's Health The Meaning of Movember - Todayville.com - November 3rd, 2020
- A COVID-19 Vaccine Test Will Resume in the Heart of West Hollywood - WEHOville - November 3rd, 2020
- The Muscle You Didn't Know You Need to Train to Look Shredded - msnNOW - November 3rd, 2020
- Movember begins next week in support of men's health - HalifaxToday.ca - October 25th, 2020
- Why You Should Grow a Movember Moustache This Year - menshealth.com - October 24th, 2020
- Phoebe Bridgers Shares How Men Can Help the Women in Their Lives - menshealth.com - October 24th, 2020
- Exclusive: Lenny Kravitz On His Grand Collab, New Book, and That Abs-olutely Perfect Men's Health Cover - Daily Front Row - October 24th, 2020
- How to Deal With Erectile Dysfunction in a Relationship - University of Utah Health Care - October 7th, 2020
- Why This Year's Mo Will Be The Most Important You Ever Grow - Triple M - October 7th, 2020
- Billy Bush Has Nothing to Hide - menshealth.com - October 6th, 2020
- Men's Health Knows There Is Strength in Diversity - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- I Tried the ArcWave Ion Masturbator for Men Who Just Like the Tip - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- United Way Annual Campaign continues, Beards United initiative for mens health launching - ConchoValleyHomepage.com - October 4th, 2020
- These Are the 'Mild Symptoms' COVID-Positive People Might Experience - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- 15-Min Dumbbell Session To Pump Up Your Arms and Crush Calories - Men's health UK - September 20th, 2020
- 5 Ideas For How to Take Care of Your Mental Health, According to Common - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- How This Astronaut Builds Muscle to Survive in Space - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- Free men's health screenings held on Sept. 26 - The Oakland Press - September 16th, 2020
- Bisexual Men Exist, and It's Time for Our Moment - menshealth.com - September 16th, 2020
- Arkansas Urology hosts 16th annual Kickoff to Mens Health event - KARK - September 16th, 2020
- Handle Any Kind of Pressure. Even Brain Surgery. - menshealth.com - September 16th, 2020
- 'GUYnecology': Why men's reproductive health matters | YaleNews - Yale News - September 16th, 2020
- Arkansas Urology hosts 16th Annual Kick Off to Mens Health events - KLRT - FOX16.com - September 10th, 2020
- 10 Men's Sexual Health Questions That Are Too Embarrassing to Ask - University of Utah Health Care - September 10th, 2020
- Bulk Up Your Chest, Back and Arms with This 500-Rep Bodyweight Challenge - Men's health UK - September 8th, 2020
- Free men's health and mental awareness session for men in Burnham-On-Sea area - Burnham-On-Sea - September 8th, 2020
- Men feeling more stressed, isolated as coronavirus pandemic rolls on, Clinic survey finds - cleveland.com - September 8th, 2020
- Join Common and Men's Health for an Intimate Discussion on Mental Health - menshealth.com - September 5th, 2020
- The 100-Rep Squat Challenge That Stacks on Lean Muscle Mass - Men's health UK - September 3rd, 2020
- Here's How Mark Cuban Would Make It as a 20-Year-Old With Only $20 in 2020 - menshealth.com - September 3rd, 2020
- How COVID-19 is impacting mens mental health and behavior - fox4kc.com - September 3rd, 2020
- APL's New TechLoom Tracer Sneakers Are Worth the Hype - Men's Health - August 20th, 2020
- This 400-Rep Lower-Body Challenge Will Fire Your Metabolism and Smoke Calories - Men's health UK - August 20th, 2020
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Is Living Simple to Get Ripped for 'The Matrix 4' - Men's Health - August 18th, 2020
- This 2-Move Kettlebell Calorie Crusher Is The Ultimate Leg Day Throwdown - Men's health UK - August 18th, 2020
- How to Increase Male Fertility With Healthy Sperm - University of Utah Health Care - August 18th, 2020
- Maro Itoje's Workout Will Build Explosive Strength - Men's Health - August 16th, 2020
- This Great Interval Workout Aims to Make You Stronger in Just 15 Minutes - MSN Money - August 16th, 2020
- Strong Men, Strong Communities: Design of a Randomized Controlled Trial of a Diabetes Prevention Intervention for American Indian and Alaska Native... - August 11th, 2020
- Eat to Build Muscle - Foods and Diet Plan - Men's Health - July 30th, 2020
- Build A Bigger Chest and Shoulders With This Bodyweight Showdown - Men's health UK - July 30th, 2020
- Here's Everything That Went Down With Garmin's Alleged Ransomware Attack - Men's Health - July 30th, 2020
- This Is Why Women Live Longer Than Men - Longevity LIVE - July 30th, 2020
- Mercury Capital axes eight former Bauer magazines, including Harper's Bazaar, Elle and Men's Health - The Guardian - July 25th, 2020
- 7 Ways to Make Sitting Work Every Muscle In Your Body - MSN Money - July 25th, 2020
- The Re-Re-Reinvention of Mark Wahlberg - Men's Health - July 9th, 2020
- Link between mens sexual health and their overall health - WJBF-TV - July 7th, 2020
- Many more magazines shutting down, including Mens Health and Bicycling - MyBroadband - July 7th, 2020
- 25 Fantasy Movies to Watch When You Need to Escape the World - Men's Health - July 6th, 2020
- Olympic Swimmer Ryan Murphy Swears by This Breakfast Every Day - Men's Health - July 6th, 2020
- 840-Rep Dumbbell Challenge That Crushes Fat And Stacks On Muscle - Men's health UK - June 26th, 2020
- A Morning Hater's Guide to Waking Up Early - Men's health UK - June 25th, 2020
- La Esperanza Clinic is reaching out to the community to wear blue for mens health - MyFoxZone.com KIDY - June 25th, 2020
- Bear Grylls Just Showed Off His Seriously Impressive Core Strength - menshealth.com - June 24th, 2020
- Kevin Gates Is Learning About Urine Therapy in Quarantine - menshealth.com - June 23rd, 2020
- The Workout Brad Pitt Used To Get Shredded For Fight Club - Men's Health - June 23rd, 2020
- Getting your guy to the doctor. Local experts weigh in on why men's health matters - Bham Now - June 23rd, 2020
- After Men's Health Week and a Gradual Release from Lockdown, is it time to take a deeper look at Men's Mental Health? - News from Wales - June 23rd, 2020
- Gender gap in men's health | Family and Relations | nny360.com - NNY360 - June 23rd, 2020
- Editorial: Its time to remember mens health - Salina Journal - June 14th, 2020
- HSE West to run series of initiatives for Mens Health week from Monday - Connacht Tribune Group - June 14th, 2020
- Know The Connection Between International Men's Health Week And Father's Day - India.com - June 10th, 2020
- The 100 Best (and Worst) U.S. Cities for Your Heart - menshealth.com - June 10th, 2020
- International Men's Health Week 2020: How, What And Why it is Celebrated - India.com - June 10th, 2020
- Before You Say All Lives Matter, Read This - Men's health UK - June 5th, 2020
- Men's Health Week to be a rallying call for communities - Mirage News - June 5th, 2020
- Celebrate Mens Health Month with the American Cancer Society - KRQE News 13 - June 4th, 2020
- Resistance Band Workout: 6-Move Home Workout To Build Muscle - Men's health UK - June 4th, 2020
- Men's Health Month: 26 Years of Progress - Dallasweekly - June 4th, 2020
- Mens Health Month: Top 5 Tips for Dad this Fathers Day - Newswise - June 3rd, 2020