Everyone is different. This uniqueness is what makes life so interesting. Understanding this is essential before you choose the right diet and exercise plan.
Dont just do what your friends are doing, use this guide to find the diet and exercise plan that works best for you.
Essentially, there are two basic elements to losing weight building muscle and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
A good diet and exercise plan starts with understanding why your diet needs to change as you age.Once you have chosen the right diet, you can add effective exercise to achieve the results you want.FREE 1-Day Weight Loss Meal Plan For Men 40+Lose weight. Eat like a man. Enjoy your life. Over 55,000 men are using this.
Get yourself back into great shape - at any age the Fit Father way.
As you age, your metabolism will naturally slow but this is a slow process influenced by the lifestyle you lead.
Lack of exercise can lead to muscle loss which, in turn, will reduce the number of calories you naturally burn each day.
This, coupled with hormonal changes, slows your metabolic rate and encourages the saying You wont be able to eat like that in your 30s.
However, a good diet and exercise plan can help to maintain your muscle mass and can reverse some effects of ageing, such as sarcopenia (muscle wastage).
It is possible, and now becoming more common, to be in better shape in your 40s, 50s and even 60s than you were in your 20s.
A healthy balanced diet involves consuming around 40% carbohydrates, 35% protein and 25% fat.
This will help to ensure your body has the right nutrients to provide you the energy you need each day, as well as aiding protein synthesis; which makes muscles heal and grow.
A good starting point is to check out our free 1-day meal plan. This guide is a great introduction to the right diet and exercise plan.
You also need to understand your calorific needs for the day.
According to many health organisations, the average male adult needs 2,500 calories per day. However, this does not mean that you do!
There are three things to consider that will influence the number of calories you need daily. These are:
If you have an active job you will burn more calories than if you are sat down all day. This is an easy concept to grasp and explains why two men can be very different weights even if they eat the same food.
Your personal calorie requirement will be a result of how active you already are.
If you are intending to lose weight then it is recommended that you consume 300 500 less calories than your recommended amount. This needs to be factored into any diet and exercise plan.
Alternatively your diet and exercise plan should allow you additional calories to help build muscle; if that is your goal.
If you would like to increase muscle and lose weight it is advisable to tackle your weight loss first then build your muscles after.
While your diet is important to aid you with losing weight or simply maintaining your current weight, the exercise part of your diet and exercise plan should not be overlooked.
The best results will stem from a change in diet and increased exercise; after all, you cant out exercise a bad diet.
Exercise burns calories and improves the flow of blood and nutrients to your entire body.
This improves your overall health and helps to stave off many age-related diseases.
It is important to note that regular exercise is also essential to maintaining muscle and bone strength. This will allow you to remain mobile as you age.
Whether you are just starting or have been exercising for a while, our 24-min workout plan is an effective addition to your exercise schedule.FREE 24-min Fat Burning WorkoutAll you need is 24 minutes + 10 feet floor space + 1 pair dumbbells
Get yourself back into great shape - at any age the Fit Father way.
The secret to the right diet and exercise plan is to choose an exercise you enjoy. This will allow you to create a habit and benefit from results in the long term.
A successful diet and exercise plan is only possible if you develop a habit and stick to it. The best plans are the ones that you will do every day, no matter what.
You need to know what your main goal is before you commit to a diet and exercise plan.
If you are looking to develop a body like a weightlifter then this requires a very different set of exercises to someone who wants to complete a marathon.
Knowing what your goal is will ensure you pick an exercise routine that actually works and helps you to achieve said goal.
Whatever your goals, you will find that a high intensity workout, such as our 24-min workout, will assist you in achieving them.
High-intensity workouts will stimulate muscle growth and increase your metabolism for hours after youve finished them.
This makes them an important part of every diet and exercise plan.
These steps will get you started with a diet and exercise plan that suits you.
However, it is okay to tweak this and change it as you discover what really works for you.
The Fit Father Project has hundreds of success stories; we are all here to help you become the next one.
Take a look at your current diet by completing a food and drink diary for the next 7 days.
Work out your calorific needs using our calorie calculator and then use the 1-day meal plan to start eating better.
The best combination of macronutrients is: 40% carbs, 35% protein, and 25% fat.
Ideally, find 30 minutes each day and commit to completing a workout 6 days per week. If necessary start with physical exercise such as walking and then graduate to formal exercises.
Once you have your habit of 30 mins activity in place, you can try out different activities and workout programs to see what suits you best.
Rewarding yourself when you make progress in your goals will motivate and inspire you to keep going and achieve the best possible results.
Try the 24-min workout and then graduate to some of the other excellent options we offer. Advice is always available and free of charge!
Just remember, it is particularly challenging to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. Pick your most important goal and work towards it first; then you can choose a new goal and a new diet and exercise plan.
Staying fit is an ongoing process; you need to enjoy it and re-evaluate it often.
If you need additional motivation or advice our members are happy to share their success stories and tips. With my help and the right diet and exercise plan you can achieve anything!
Your new friend & health coach,
Stuart Carter Head Training Staff, The Fit Father ProjectBrotherhood Nickname: The Fit BritBragging Rights: 16 Years in the fitness industry, Author of The Easy Fitness Guide', Father of 4 boys and Husband to a Venezuelan beauty.
Go here to see the original:
How To Choose The Right Diet And Exercise Plan For Men
- How to Exercise on a Keto Diet | KetoDiet Blog - August 21st, 2019
- Diet and Exercise Calendar Template | 2019 Calendar ... - August 3rd, 2019
- Nutrition, Exercise & Sleep - National Sleep Foundation - July 29th, 2019
- Top Four Ways to Exercise When on a Ketogenic Diet - July 13th, 2019
- Cherry Creek Medical Weight Loss - Colorado Weight Loss - June 5th, 2019
- Is Diet Really More Effective Than Exercise for Weight ... - June 5th, 2019
- Dementia: Exercise, diet, healthy lifestyle can prevent it ... - May 19th, 2019
- Diet and Exercise Tips For Incontinence URINARY ... - April 26th, 2019
- Is It the Diet, the Exercise, or Both? | NutritionFacts.org - April 17th, 2019
- How To Create The Perfect Diet Plan For Your Workout Goal - April 16th, 2019
- Diet + Fitness - CNN - April 3rd, 2019
- Diet vs. Exercise - Mindful by Sodexo - March 9th, 2019
- Diet vs. Exercise: The Truth About Weight Loss - WebMD - February 28th, 2019
- Is Exercise Pointless? (Why You Cant Out Train A Bad Diet) - February 10th, 2019
- Donald Trump's Physical Exam Shows Hes in 'Very Good ... - February 8th, 2019
- Can You Exercise While On The Keto Diet? | Bioketo - February 3rd, 2019
- CRON-diet - Wikipedia - January 17th, 2019
- Reverse PCOS Naturally Through Diet and Exercise | Sepalika - September 24th, 2018
- Diet and Exercise for Heart Disease Prevention - September 24th, 2018
- Diet & Exercise Diary: Hinkler books: 9781743087800 ... - August 6th, 2018
- The Fully Raw Diet: 21 Days to Better Health, with Meal ... - July 9th, 2018
- Diet, Exercise & Health | Fisher Center for Alzheimer's ... - June 5th, 2018
- PCOS and Exercise: How much and how often? | PCOS Diet Support - May 27th, 2018
- 2-Week Diet & Exercise Plan | Applied Nutrition | Health Tips - May 25th, 2018
- Should You Exercise While On The HCG Diet? - May 17th, 2018
- Diet or exercise for weight loss? - Business Insider - May 17th, 2018
- Dieting - Wikipedia - May 17th, 2018
- Successful Weight Loss: Top 10 Tips On ... - The Diet Channel - May 17th, 2018
- The relationship between diet and exercise Steven Low - April 28th, 2018
- Exercise and Eating Healthy - April 19th, 2018
- Diet Vs Exercise: Which Matters More For Weight Loss ... - January 12th, 2018
- Exercise and Anti Inflammation Diet to Live Longer - December 29th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight Fast Without Diet Pills Or Exercise - October 13th, 2017
- Benefit to improving diet and exercise at the same time ... - October 1st, 2017
- 3 Day Military Diet & Exercise: Best Workout Plan for ... - September 20th, 2017
- PCOS and Exercise - The Benefits | PCOS Diet Support - September 20th, 2017
- Diet and Exercise | County Health Rankings & Roadmaps - September 20th, 2017
- Not just diet and exercise: lifestyle changes needed to shed the kilos if you're overweight or obese - South China Morning Post - September 5th, 2017
- Weight loss: How to slim your waist without exercise or dieting ... - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- Weight loss news: Men find THIS type of exercise harder than women - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- Rebel Wilson weight loss: Pitch Perfect's 'Fat Amy' shed the pounds doing THIS exercise - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- 10 ways to build your best body starting today - Body and Soul - September 4th, 2017
- 5 Myths About Exercise Debunked - Inc.com - September 4th, 2017
- Start the Week Off Right: Four exercise and nutrition myths - Quad City Times - September 4th, 2017
- 5 common workout myths and what to do instead, according to the personal trainer who eats only 2 meals a day - Evening Standard - September 4th, 2017
- 30 ways to add years to your life that aren't 'diet and exercise' - WYFF Greenville - September 3rd, 2017
- Junk food fan's shock after learning his 'terrible' diet has aged his body by a staggering 22 YEARS - The Sun - September 3rd, 2017
- When diets fail, Rujuta Diwekar's exercise guide comes to the rescue - Economic Times - September 3rd, 2017
- Losing weight gets personal: Combining diet and behavioral changes may help - Washington Post - September 3rd, 2017
- Jessie James Decker Reveals the Fitness and Diet Secrets to Her Super Hot Bikini Body! - E! Online - September 1st, 2017
- Nathalie Emmanuel's Diet and Exercise Regime Helps Her On-Set Stamina - Hollywood.com - August 30th, 2017
- Weight loss: Man loses over three stone by swapping fizzy drinks for THIS - Express.co.uk - August 30th, 2017
- Nathalie Emmanuel's diet and exercise regime helps her on-set stamina - Belfast Telegraph - August 29th, 2017
- How I Got This Body: Less Fad Dieting and Diet Coke, More Seltzer and Fitspo Friends - Washingtonian.com - August 29th, 2017
- Cutting the carbs: Everything you need to know about the South Beach Diet - Atlanta Journal Constitution - August 29th, 2017
- Calorie reduction + exercise = better muscle function in older adults - Medical Xpress - August 29th, 2017
- Emilia Clarke's trainer reveals what she does to stay in such great shape - INSIDER - August 28th, 2017
- Weight loss diet: Eating THIS before exercise could affect how your body burns fat - Express.co.uk - August 28th, 2017
- Diet and exercise - Journal Advocate - August 28th, 2017
- The key to weight loss: THIS could be the best way to combat obesity - Express.co.uk - August 28th, 2017
- The only two exercises you need to do to get rid of belly fat fast - Daily Star - August 28th, 2017
- Weight loss: This is the best trick YOU can do to lose weight without even trying - Express.co.uk - August 27th, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways To Spring Clean Your Diet - Huffington Post Australia - August 27th, 2017
- Weight loss: THIS is the best exercise you can do at home to lose belly fat - Express.co.uk - August 27th, 2017
- A Coach's Wife: Trying to comprehend the mixed-up business of diet and exercise - Daily Herald - August 27th, 2017
- Tia Mowry on her 5-second style and why she'll never give up comfort foods - Yahoo Food - August 27th, 2017
- Report: Diet, Exercise Help Diabetics Maintain Normal Lifestyle - CBS Philly - August 26th, 2017
- Fit For Life: Train and Eat! Not - Exercise and Diet - GoLocalProv - August 26th, 2017
- Weight loss: How to lose weight and blast belly fat with walking - Express.co.uk - August 26th, 2017
- 83% of people lose weight on THIS diet without exercising - Daily Star - August 26th, 2017
- Bob Harper Shares All the Ways His Life Has Changed Following His Heart Attack - POPSUGAR - August 26th, 2017
- Intensive lifestyle change: It works, and it's more than diet and exercise - Harvard Health (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- Kristina Dropped 102 Pounds by "Doing Zero Exercise" in the First Year - POPSUGAR - August 21st, 2017
- 25-year-old supermodel Kate Upton says weightlifting completely changed her body and outlook on fitness - INSIDER - August 21st, 2017
- Jennifer Aniston Dishes on Her Diet and Exercise Secrets (Grab a Pen and Take Notes, People!) - Closer Weekly - August 20th, 2017
- Study: A red wine component has similar anti-aging benefits to diet and exercise - PhillyVoice.com - August 19th, 2017
- Health and exercise myths and tips - Inquirer.net - August 18th, 2017
- The Secret Behind Demi Lovato's Confidence and Happiness? This Routine - POPSUGAR - August 18th, 2017
- What Marilyn Monroe actually ate every day - HarpersBAZAAR.co.uk (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Prevent cardiovascular disease - adding this to diet could be as good as exercise - Express.co.uk - August 17th, 2017