Did you know that from the moment you hit 30, your testosterone levels start to decrease? Research shows that it can drop by 1% per year.By the time you're40, you'll be feeling its effects and starting to wonder how you can go about increasing testosterone in your body.
The good news is that we have the solution for you in this article, and it doesn't involve taking illegal supplements.
As men age, they often start to lose interest in sex.
This is often attributed to age but is actually a sign of your decreased testosterone levels.
Other symptoms include fatigue, loss of muscle and even depression.
If you're feeling any of these, it's time to discover how increasing testosterone will make you feel better and help you to lose weight.
It is also interesting to note that estrogen, the female hormone, gradually increases as you age.
Estrogen is an important hormone in men but only in small doses.
Excess estrogen will actually cause you to gain weight, rather than lose it.
One study conducted over 35 years showed that obese men on hormone replacement therapy lost an average of 35 pounds.
The therapy also improved cholesterol, reduced their BMI and lowered blood pressure!
Other studies have confirmed this, by increasing testosterone levels to your previous norm your weight will reduce.
Unfortunately, scientists are still trying to work out exactly why this happens.
One theory is that increasing testosterone helps you to gain more muscle. Muscle burns more calories per pound than fat does, so it makes sense that the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.
This means that you will find it easier to generate a calorie deficit and lose weight, all thanks to increased testosterone levels.
Anabolic steroids, like most artificially altered substances, are known to have a long list of side effects.Fortunately, there are a number of ways in which you can naturally increase your T levels:
A balanced diet is essential to losing weight, but exercise will always play a part.
In fact, when you undertake any exercise you'll be temporarily increasing testosterone in your body.
Research has shown that strength training is an effective way of boosting your T levels for longer.
Strength training pushes your muscles, the harder they work. Research shows this will boost your testosterone production for much longer after you have finished exercising.
In fact, strength training has been shown to help increase your testosterone levels by as much as 40% when resting!
Fat is an important part of any diet.
In fact, research has shown that your body needs to get at least 40% of its energy from fat to ensure your testosterone levels are high.
It is acceptable to eat saturated and unsaturated fats but obviously as part of a balanced diet. The free 1-day meal plan can help you choose the right foods to eat.
Food with healthy fat which will help increase testosterone levels include olives, olive oil, coconut oil, organic butter, raw nuts; avocados, grass-fed meats, and egg yolks.
Zinc is an essential part of the process in your body to create testosterone. Scientists don't understand exactly how it works increasing testosterone but every study does confirm this fact.
You can easily add zinc to your diet by eating foods such as oysters, pumpkin seeds or mushrooms.
A more practical solution might be to eat more red meat and poultry.
You can also find zinc in a variety of cereals and dairy products; it is often added as a fortified addition.
Additionally, you could take a zinc supplement daily to assist in boosting your levels.
This vitamin is obtained from the sun, but unless you live in a sunny climate all year round you might not get enough of it from sunshine alone.
Vitamin D, particularly vitamin D3, has been shown to boost your testosterone levels.
The recommended dose is between 3,000 and 5,000 IU per day.
Unfortunately, despite an array of studies that confirm the positive effects of vitamin D3 as a means of increasing testosterone scientists have yet to discover exactly how it achieves this!
As well as getting vitamin D3 from the sun it is possible to top up your levels by eating salmon or herring and a range of fortified foods, such as cereal and even orange juice.
You can, of course, take a vitamin D supplement to boost your levels. You just need to make sure it's a natural product.
This vitamin helps directly with increasing testosterone levels and works to reduce estrogen in your body.
B6 encourages your body to produce androgens. These tell your body to produce testosterone, increasing your levels.
But it also works directly on the brain to tell your body to reduce the amount of estrogen.
Estrogen, as we have discussed is the enemy of testosterone. By making sure your estrogen levels are low you will be reducing your body's ability to store fat and create more testosterone.
This is a powerful and important vitamin!
Surprisingly your body is unable to store this vitamin. You need to top up your levels every day.
You can do this by eating fish, beef, and potatoes. Of course, it is also present in fortified products and can be taken in supplement form
Stress is an everyday occurrence for most people.
However, every time you're stressed your body will release a hormone called cortisol.
This will temporarily shut down non-essential processes, such as the production of testosterone.
Instead, your body will send energy to the muscles to prepare them for either a fight or to run away.
Your brain will also tell you to eat if possible, storing food in case you have to run and can't find any.
This is a primitive response and a life-saving one.
Unfortunately, your body can't tell the difference between a life-threatening situation and a stressful meeting.
This means you are likely to be stressed all the time.
Reducing stress will reduce your cortisol level and allow your body to produce testosterone.
You can dramatically reduce your stress by taking a timeout, anything that helps you escape from the modern world is beneficial; yoga, light exercise or even reading.
Join the FF30X and access my stress management techniques. You'll gain a big band of supporters in the process!
Your blood sugar levels fluctuate when you eat sugary products and this causes your level of sensitivity to insulin to change.
When both these levels are high your body is unable to produce testosterone.
In fact, increasing testosterone itself can help to regulate your blood sugar levels.
By reducing your sugar intake you'll help to maintain the balance in your body and encourage testosterone production.
Start today by simply removing any sugar you add to food, such as your coffee or cereal.
Of course, reducing sugar intake will also help you to lose weight!
Increasing testosterone levels will make you feel manlier and it's good for your body.
Testosterone is an important hormone, it's not known as the male hormone for anything!
Fortunately, there is a range of simple measures you can take, as shown above, to boost your levels.
The overall effect will be to increase your ability to build muscle and improve your libido and energy levels.
All of these things can help you to lose weight and feel great.
Just remember, you don't need to undertake this journey by yourself, join the FF30X today and you'll receive support, advice and hundreds of tips, from increasing testosterone to losing weight and even building muscle.
Now is the time to build the new you!
Your new friend & health coach,
Stuart Carter Head Training Staff, The Fit Father ProjectBrotherhood Nickname: The Fit BritBragging Rights: 16 Years in the fitness industry, Author of The Easy Fitness Guide', Father of 4 boys and Husband to a Venezuelan beauty.
*Please know that weight loss results & health changes/improvements vary from individual to individual; you may not achieve similar results. Always consult with your doctor before making health decisions. This is not medical advice simply very well-researched info on increasing testosterone.
See the original post here:
How Increasing Testosterone Helps Weight Loss In Men Over 40
- How to Deal with Testosterone Decline - October 20th, 2019
- Weight Loss and Testosterone | TRTMD Men's Health Clinic - June 23rd, 2019
- Testosterone For Women's Weight Loss - It's Not All About ... - June 21st, 2019
- The Keto Diet Plan and Weight Loss for Men Revive Low T ... - May 11th, 2019
- How to use Testosterone Cream for Women to Boost Weight Loss ... - April 15th, 2019
- Low Testosterone & Wellness Center | Allen, TX - April 9th, 2019
- Weight Loss Glen Allen VA - Rejuvenate MD | HRT - April 8th, 2019
- Testosterone Weight Loss Case Study: 20 # Lost with ... - March 6th, 2019
- The Untold Testosterone Story for Women | Dr. Tami - May 31st, 2018
- Pregnenolone Weight Loss Regimen: The Master Hormone for ... - February 21st, 2018
- Fitness for Weight Loss Blog - February 8th, 2018
- Dr. Marlowe's Weight Loss Institute. 400 Clarice Ave ... - February 8th, 2018
- Testosterone and Weight Loss -How do they affect each other? - January 31st, 2018
- Synergenx Health, Testosterone & Weight Loss - Yelp - December 25th, 2017
- Testosterone and Rapid Weight Loss | Iron Man Magazine - December 6th, 2017
- Testosterone - Medical Center Weight Loss Clinic - San ... - October 6th, 2017
- Testosterone and Weight Loss - October 1st, 2017
- Weight and cancer risk - MyDaytonDailyNews - September 6th, 2017
- How to ensure your body gets the right balance of hormones - Economic Times - September 6th, 2017
- Day or night ... why anytime is the right time for getting a good workout - Belfast Telegraph - September 6th, 2017
- Chemotherapy drugs for colon cancer - Clenbuterol cycle for female weight loss - Magnetic Media (press release) - September 3rd, 2017
- Five ways to overcome testosterone decline - The Sport Review - September 3rd, 2017
- polycystic ovarian syndrome: A common cause of female infertility - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE (press release) (blog) - September 2nd, 2017
- How obesity can lead to erectile dysfunction - TheHealthSite - September 2nd, 2017
- A story of 'enduranz' - Business Mirror - August 31st, 2017
- Why you need to go off keto - Mumbai Mirror - August 28th, 2017
- Here Are The Answers To The Most Asked Question About Bodybuilding Steroids - MensXP.com - August 25th, 2017
- Obesity and its implications on sexual heath - The Navhind Times - August 25th, 2017
- How food can help, harm fertility - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette - August 25th, 2017
- Male hair loss: Three ways to reduce YOUR risk of going bald - Express.co.uk - August 25th, 2017
- Bigelow Center presents free talk by Dr. Woznitzer - Fairfield Sun - August 24th, 2017
- Real Men Wear Gowns: Why men aren't taking their health seriously - KARE - August 18th, 2017
- SEXUAL HEALTH: It's no laughing matter - Daily Nation - August 18th, 2017
- Researchers Track an Unlikely Culprit in Weight Gain - New York Times - August 11th, 2017
- Top health benefits of green chillies - The Statesman - August 11th, 2017
- The Strength Of Strength Training - Outlook India - August 11th, 2017
- The best time of the day for your team to be productive - Human Resources Online - August 11th, 2017
- Man flu is real, but women get more autoimmune diseases and allergies - Medical Xpress - August 7th, 2017
- Albuterol sulfate overdose treatment - How fast does albuterol work for weight loss - Hayati Magazine (blog) - August 2nd, 2017
- Myth 1: Weightlifting Makes You Bulk Up - POPSUGAR Australia - August 2nd, 2017
- Fitness trends - Daily News & Analysis - August 2nd, 2017
- Trying to conceive? Think about your diet - Independent Online - August 2nd, 2017
- FINA Announces Three Doping Suspensions - SwimSwam - July 31st, 2017
- Can Testosterone Help You Lose Weight? | Men's Fitness - July 31st, 2017
- Trying to conceive? Think about what you're eating - Stuff.co.nz - July 31st, 2017
- AbbVie Ordered to Pay $150 Million Damages in 'Low-T' Trial - Bloomberg - July 31st, 2017
- What military recruiters aren't telling women: You'll face disproportionate health risks - Los Angeles Times - July 31st, 2017
- The Top 5 Myths About Weightlifting That Need to Be Busted - POPSUGAR - July 31st, 2017
- 7 Beets Benefits For Your Health, From Losing Weight To Better Sex - Medical Daily - July 31st, 2017
- What Men should Know About Testosterone and Weight Loss - July 10th, 2017
- 5 'No Brainer' Rules Of Starting A Weight Loss Journey For Beginners - MensXP.com - July 10th, 2017
- Why Can't I Get Rid Of My Belly Fat? Here Are 7 Reasons - Huffington Post Australia - July 10th, 2017
- Vitamin D Deficiency in Men - Reports Healthcare - July 8th, 2017
- Amazing Weight Loss & Wellness - Flower Mound, TX | (972 ... - July 8th, 2017
- Does when we eat matter - Independent.ie - July 8th, 2017