Fittr is a community-driven online platform that helps people attain their fitness goals, be it gaining or losing weight or generally keeping fit.
A Facebook group called Fittr is full of transformation tales, of people narrating their stories of becoming fit, losing weight, gaining muscle, etc. Never knew I could become so fit eating the everyday rice, dal, chicken, paneer, one member writes. What started as a Facebook group in 2013 of people taking fitness advice from a techie, has now become a large online fitness company with nearly a million members, that is set to do business of Rs 100 crore by the end of this financial year.
The founder, Jitendra Choksey, calls himself an accidental entrepreneur. Back in 2013, when he worked for an IT company in Pune, he never imagined himself founding and running an online fitness company.
When I moved to Pune, I used to work out regularly. People in my office began approaching me, asking how I did it. So, I started guiding those guys. Then when the word spread and more people kept asking, I created a group where Id share fitness and nutrition information. And as people saw results, they thought I was giving people some magical recipe and soon, I started being chased by hundreds of people, laughs Jitendra as he recollects.
Jitendra then started writing down everything he was being asked and created a document called get shredded. He then uploaded that on the Facebook group, so he didnt have to keep repeating the same tips.
Jitendra says that in no time, that document was downloaded by over 25,000 people, who then started asking him more questions on the group that hed answer, and the community kept growing.
We ran the community for free for 1-2 years. By the end of December 2015, we had 50,000 people, he adds.
But through these two years, Jitendra noticed one recurring theme. People would read the guide he made, but still come back to ask him if he could train them personally.
Thats when I realised that its the human touch, mentorship and the accountability that people needed. I started researching more and realised that while there are many online training programs, theyre not systematic, says Jitendra.
In 2016, Jitendra launched a website called SQUATS. It was modelled like an e-commerce platform for fitness, except, instead of products, there are fitness coaches.
SQUATS, which has now been rebranded to Fittr, is a community-driven online platform that helps people attain their fitness goals, be it gaining or losing weight or generally keeping fit.
The Get Shredded document is available on the website for everyone to download for free, read, understand their BMI, fitness goals and create a fitness plan of their own. The Facebook group then helps you review diets and clarify queries related to diet and exercise.
While all these services are for free, Fittr also offers fitness coaches, who, based on your BMI and requirements, create a personalised diet and exercise regime at a fee.
It has packages starting from Rs 6,000 for three months, and the fee depends on the trainer and time period of the package. And this is where Fittr earns its revenues from.
Four years since launch, Jitendra claims that Fittr has helped transform over 1,00,000 people across the globe. Fittr clocked a revenue of Rs 3.9 crore in the month of January and is targeting to close the financial year of 2019-2020 at Rs 100 crore.
The magical recipe
Fittr follows the concept of quantified nutrition and resistance training.
Its no magic pill. Its the basic primitive concept of calories in, versus calories out. You eat less than you expend, you walk more, you lift weights, Jitendra says.
The diets designed by coaches usually include your daily foods such as rice, wheat, lentils, vegetables, chicken, paneer, etc, to ensure the body receives carbohydrates, protein, and fats in the right quantities. The exercises too, are designed to target all parts of your body, to ensure wholesome fitness.
Fittr also has people sharing recipes of dishes made as per the food usually included in diets.
Fittr currently has over 8,00,000 members and around 200 coaches, who are certified and trained fitness trainers. In many cases, coaches are former members who went through their own transformation journey.
Fittr also launched an app in September 2018, which it claims has seen over four lakh downloads.
While there has been no systematic return rate, Jitendra says that Fittr has seen 45% of people come back to the app once their package gets over. If there are 3,000 customers this month, 45% will come back next month, he adds.
Fittr also offers a complete refund to those who feel like they didnt see worthy results after enrolling under a fitness coach. You can opt out at any point. But we have seen less than 4% refunds so far, he claims.
According to Jitendra, what worked for Fittr is its community-based model.
We have never put money in marketing. Fittr is a community and we intend to continue building this community of fitness professionals, he adds.
But fitness as a market has been growing exponentially in India. From players like Cult, Healthifyme, to aggregators like Fitternity, the space has grown massively.
According to some industry studies, nearly six million people in India spend an average of $350 to $400 every year towards fitness, making it a $2.6 billion market.
As per a YourStory report, the market size is estimated to hit $6 billion by 2023.
But Jitendra says that he doesnt see his startup competing with anyone. As per him, Fittr is a business that compliments other businesses. Our users utilise services of other businesses such as gyms, he says.
Jitendra is now looking to build the Fittr app into a social media platform for fitness. Fitness, physical and mental wellbeing will be part of the app, which will be community driven and based on positivity, he adds.
Here is the original post:
How Fittr cracked the fitness code and grew into a Rs 100 crore business - The News Minute
- Weight loss benefits that go beyond slimming - Times of India - March 31st, 2020
- Honor your body and improve your health in the process - Charlotte Post - March 31st, 2020
- Don't Get Duped by Health Fraud! Avoid These Red Flags - The Great Courses Daily News - March 31st, 2020
- Stress Wont Kill You, But Your Reaction To It Might - Ponoka News - March 31st, 2020
- Other Sports: Weighty task for Prem - The Star Online - March 31st, 2020
- Looking About in Mendocino County during coronavirus: A place of gratefulness - The Willits News - March 31st, 2020
- Masterchefs Gregg Wallace takes on Joe Wicks with workout routine - Metro.co.uk - March 30th, 2020
- Building Toward the Long-Term Financial Future: Needs, Wants, and Wishes - The Ticker Tape - March 30th, 2020
- The Incredible Body Transformation of Jorge Masvidal Over The Years - Essentially Sports - March 30th, 2020
- Mama Junes daughter Jessica shows off new face and body after $111K plastic surgery makeover - The Sun - March 30th, 2020
- 'I wasnt in a good place' Kedren loses amazing 3.5st to help turn life around - Stoke-on-Trent Live - March 30th, 2020
- How to workout in a small apartment without annoying your neighbors - Insider - INSIDER - March 30th, 2020
- Is Consuming Coffee & Lemon Together Beneficial? Explore 3 Most Common Claims about the Mix - Krishi Jagran - March 30th, 2020
- From baking bread with just 3 ingredients to 1 tacos easy recipes to boost your mood during coronavirus lo - The Sun - March 30th, 2020
- 14 Books We Cant Wait to Read in April - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 30th, 2020
- How X-FACTOR #87 (1993) Changed My Concept Of What A Comic Book Could Be - Monkeys Fighting Robots - March 30th, 2020
- William & Mary coaches adjust through communication and technology - William & Mary News - March 30th, 2020
- Inspirational Reading mum's touching gesture to husband with incurable cancer - Get Reading - March 30th, 2020
- Here's Why You're Not Losing Weight From Intermittent Fasting - Men's Health - March 28th, 2020
- LET'S GET PHYSICAL: Simple mindset shifts that will help you lose weight - The Bakersfield Californian - March 28th, 2020
- What to do during the coronavirus quarantine if you're on a diet - USA TODAY - March 28th, 2020
- Walking is one of the best things you can do for your health amid coronavirus - New York Post - March 28th, 2020
- Is intermittent fasting the right choice? - We Are The Mighty - March 28th, 2020
- Easy egg salad recipes for weight loss - Times of India - March 28th, 2020
- It switch! The new beach body of Adele after losing weight about 70 kilos in the last decade - Play Crazy Game - March 28th, 2020
- Weight loss with intermittent fasting? Three readers share their success story: I lost no less than 51 kg in 8 months - The KXAN 36 News - March 28th, 2020
- Mum and daughter show off their new figures after curbing their junk food addiction - ExaminerLive - March 28th, 2020
- Man praises NHS staff after his 86-year-old father recovers from coronavirus - Nottinghamshire Live - March 28th, 2020
- Overweight to extreme thinness, Adele is concerned about his fans for his new look - Play Crazy Game - March 28th, 2020
- Couple lose 15 stone after being left mortified by picture of them dressed as Tweedledee and Tweedledum - MyLondon - March 28th, 2020
- From radiant skin to boosting immunity, everything you need to know about saffron - Times Now - March 28th, 2020
- The Biggest Loser trainer Erica Lugo reveals how she lost 160 lbs. and its something we all can do - HOLA! USA - March 27th, 2020
- 32-Year Veteran Coach Roy Williams 'I'm Hungrier; Anxious To Get Back to Work' - Sports Illustrated - March 27th, 2020
- Soccer enthusiast hopes to play again after Strive to Thrive - Richland Source - March 27th, 2020
- Nutrition and exercise experts offer 7 reasons why you may not be losing weight - The Irish News - March 26th, 2020
- 12 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight While Doing Intermittent Fasting, According To An RD - Women's Health - March 26th, 2020
- Green coffee and how it aids weight loss - AZ Big Media - March 26th, 2020
- Best apps to track what youre eating and maintain (or lose) weight while quarantined - Android Police - March 26th, 2020
- Weigh out there | Columnists - San Mateo Daily Journal - March 26th, 2020
- Weight loss or fat loss? What it means and what you should know - Times of India - March 26th, 2020
- RHOCs Emily Simpson shows off incredible weight loss in skintight pants and swimsuits - The Sun - March 26th, 2020
- Adele, obsessed with fitness and losing weight - Play Crazy Game - March 26th, 2020
- Adele becomes obsessed with losing weight and fitness - Play Crazy Game - March 26th, 2020
- 'This Is Us': Does Season 4 pass the Bechdel test for fat women? - Los Angeles Times - March 26th, 2020
- This Mornings Alison Hammond boasts shes good in bed after losing weight - The Sun - March 26th, 2020
- 5 health and fitness apps to download in the UAE - Time Out Abu Dhabi - March 26th, 2020
- Mandels Mailbag: Will there be a college football season this fall? - The Athletic - March 26th, 2020
- 10 habits of people who lose weight and keep it off - The Australian Financial Review - March 23rd, 2020
- Body recomposition: How to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time - CNET - March 23rd, 2020
- Mum and daughter show off their new figures after curbing their junk food addiction - Cambridgeshire Live - Cambridgeshire Live - March 23rd, 2020
- Nonprofit helps with weight loss - Dover Post - March 23rd, 2020
- Realized I needed to improve my physical fitness to get back in IPL, states Sheldon Jackson - SportsCafe - March 23rd, 2020
- 'I lost 4st and had the miracle baby doctors told me Id never give birth to' - Mirror Online - March 23rd, 2020
- Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women - Marshalltown Times Republican - March 23rd, 2020
- The carrot and stick approach - Fruitnet - March 23rd, 2020
- Scarlett Moffatt: Ive Had To Ring The Samaritans Because Of Years Of Trolling - Grazia - March 23rd, 2020
- Emotional Eating May Soar Due to Coronavirus Anxiety and Nationwide Shutdowns - GlobeNewswire - March 23rd, 2020
- Would Having the Tokyo Games Even Be Fair to the Athletes? - The New York Times - March 23rd, 2020
- A mother's wonderful gift of life to little Cleo - Independent.ie - March 23rd, 2020
- Coronation Street Spoilers for next week: David struggles with shocking news & Yasmeen refuses to hear the truth - RadioTimes - March 23rd, 2020
- Land Rover marks a milestone with the Discovery Landmark - Hull Daily Mail - March 23rd, 2020
- Weight loss: From 125 to 80 kilos, this student lost a massive 45 kilos - Times of India - March 21st, 2020
- Posting Jokes and Memes About Weight Gain During COVID-19 Is Not OK - Allure - March 21st, 2020
- The Best Diet and Fitness Apps to Help Lose Weight and Stay Healthy - Chowhound - March 21st, 2020
- Gratitude in the Face of Crisis - The New York Times - March 21st, 2020
- Weight loss: Woman sheds 5 stone in 5 months & reversed type 2 diabetes with simple diet - Express - March 21st, 2020
- Weight loss: Are detox teas healthy? Here is all you need to know about their benefits, side effects - Times Now - March 21st, 2020
- It's OK To Stress-Eat & Gain Weight When You're In Coronavirus Lockdown - YourTango - March 21st, 2020
- Exactly What to Eat to Be Your Healthiest, by Bestselling Author Dr. Joel Fuhrman - The Beet - March 21st, 2020
- Instead of Gaining the Freshman 15, Aime Actually Lost Weight Her First Semester - POPSUGAR - March 21st, 2020
- These Are The Most Common Behavioral Habits That Can Stall Your Weight Loss, According To An MD - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 21st, 2020
- The Strangers Brandon Fellows reveals four and a half stone weight loss after cutting out takeaways and j - The Sun - March 21st, 2020
- Adorable & AdoptablePets of the Week: Leah, Molly, & Kittles - SweetwaterNOW.com - March 21st, 2020
- Common Health Problems Causing You to be Overweight - The Leader Newspaper Online - March 21st, 2020
- Carol Radull opens up on tough times that saw her lose Dad and brother - Pulse Live Kenya - March 21st, 2020
- Mailbag: How are the Gators handling the coronavirus pandemic? - GatorCountry.com - March 21st, 2020
- Watch when Tyson Furys press conference was crashed by the Wealdstone Raider, who called him out for a f - talkSPORT.com - March 21st, 2020
- Aussie mum sheds 65kgs thanks to her simple $2 trick! - That's Life! - March 21st, 2020
- How to EAT your way to a six pack while in isolation - Brinkwire - March 21st, 2020
- How to Lose Weight and Keep It Off - The New York Times - March 19th, 2020