Looking for a workout that pushes you to the extremes of fitness (and buffness)? After packing on quite a few pounds of muscle mass to portray the Man of Steel in 2013, Cavill once again returned to the gym to do the same for the role of the Witcher, and his full body workout to get in shape this time seems no less intense than that for Superman. If youd like a body like Geralt of Rivia or, erm, Kal-El of Krypton, you have come to the right place.
Needless to say, if you are planning on bulking up like Cavill, you'll need to eat a lot more than you usually do, and we are not talking about gorging yourself on pizzas and beer. We hope you like eggs and steak. For breakfast. Every day for six months. If you think you are dedicated enough to bulk up and work out like Henry Cavill, read on.
Everlast EverGrip Weighted Vest, 20 lbs | Buy it for $75.74 at WalmartReduced price! Add extra resistance to your bodyweight training with the Everlast EverGrip Weighted Vest. The neoprene material is soft yet durable and thanks to the minimalist construction of the vest, it doesn't restrict to movement during exercising. Please note: there is a lighter version (10 lbs) and that sells for even less, only $72.49 at the moment!View Deal
(Image credit: Henry Cavill / Facebook)
Henryis famous for his roles in movies such as Mission:Impossible, Superman and most recently, the Netflix hit-series The Witcher. Cavill is also famous for looking like a Greek god in Beast Mode. He reportedly stands 6"1' tall and weighs around 200 lbs. This puts him in the 'obese' BMI category, technically, but we all know the extra pounds are not fat but muscle mass. And lots of it.
Unlike what many people think, Cavill's 'super built phase didn't start with Superman: Man of Steel. No, he had a pretty chiselled body in the 2011 movie the Immortals, when he was around 28 years old. Admittedly, he didn't look as big as he does now. Henry Cavill's workouts have got progressively more brutal as time has gone by.
(Image credit: Henry Cavill / Facebook)
It is worth mentioning straight away that no workout alone would've bulked Cavill up to a level where he is now. To pile on muscle mass, Henry was eating loads and kept a strict diet too in order to speed up his muscle building efforts. According to manofmany, his diet consisted of industrial amounts of protein some of it sourced from the best protein powders and carbs, both being essential for muscle building and recovery.
Another source also confirms by mentioning steaks and eggs for breakfast and multiple lunches to keep energy levels high throughout the day. Keeping the carb and protein levels this high meant that his body is ready for the gruelling workouts, almost 24/7. And ready he was, as we all know by how he looked in every role he took since 2011.
(Image credit: Henry Cavill / Facebook)
And you might think: "I can have steak for breakfast, no problem", just think about it. It's not about having a steak for breakfast once a month; it's having the biggest steak and eggs breakfast every day for six months while working out for hours each day. You have to be strong not just in your body but also in the head to do this.
What is the Henry Cavill Witcher workout and why would you choose it over other workouts that are also equally good for building muscle, such as the 10,000 swing kettlebell workout? At the end of the day, any type of resistance training, combined with a strict diet, will result in the increase of muscle mass, so pick whichever workout you prefer and stick with it, at least for a few months. You will see results soon enough.
(Image credit: Netflix)
According to Men's Health, Cavill's workout was relatively straightforward, which is understandable as he has already been in a good shape for years, so for the Witcher, he 'only' had to accentuate some areas of the upper body, as opposed to starting from scratch.
The exercises mentioned in the aforementioned article are not meant to be performed back-to-back, as Cavill mentions: "Those are moves that we put into workouts, depending on which muscle group or muscle groups we're working that particular day." Meaning that these exercises are highlights from his workouts and not the complete workout itself.
That said, the five exercises below can form a simple full body workout and work most of your body. Maybe instead of the hyperextension, you can do bench presses to grow those pecs and triceps. Or overhead presses for bigger delts. Or both.
JAXJOX Connected Adjustable Dumbbell | Buy it for $449 at Best BuyFancy buying a pair of Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells? Us too, but they keep selling out. For an adjustable dumbbell that is more reliably available, buy this adjustable dumbbell pair about half price of the Bowflex. The JAXJOX adjustable dumbbell uses a digital system that automatically adjust weights in 6-Ib increments from 8 - 50 lbs in under 3 seconds.View Deal
Mirafit Hex Dumbbell 10kg (Pair) | Buy it for 59.95 at MirafitEveryone in the UK, keep calm! When was the last time you could buy Mirafit hex dumbbells? Not just any dumbbells but 10 kg pairs!? For 59.95! This is Black Friday came early, even without any discounts. We don't expect this beauty to stay in stock for too long, better buy these now and start working out asap. Seriously, this is like gold dust. Don't miss out.View Deal
Romanian deadlifts are a deadlift variation (surprise!) and they mainly work the hamstrings, glutes and the lower back, especially the Erector Spinae, the muscles supporting the spine. Romanian deadlifts are performed with heavy weights and therefore the incorrect form could result in your lower back muscles being pulled as opposed to gains. Keep the spine neutral, your shoulders wide and lift from your hamstrings/glutes.
The Witcher workout included three sets of 10 reps of this exercise with a four second eccentric (negative) phase and a 2 second pause before the concentric (positive) phase.
Surprisingly, in the not so many exercises mentioned, there was another one that focuses on the hamstrings, glutes and lower back: hyperextension. That said, hyperextension is an excellent leg day staple exercise and would really bomb the hamstrings, done on the same day with Romanian deadlifts.
The workout recommends three sets of 10 reps with a two second hold at the top.
Oblique static holds are similar to planks in a sense that as opposed to moving, they require you to hold a position for a prolonged period of time. And while the plank and especially the hardstyle plank targets the whole of the core, oblique static hold focuses on the side of the abs.
The workout recommends doing three sets of 30 second holds per side.
Bomb the delts with this shoulder exercise. The 3-way shoulder raise works well because it requires you to work the muscles for longer and from a different angle with each rep. This exercise is not as good for bulking up, rather for accentuating and defining shoulder muscles.
The workout recommends three sets of 15 reps from each position.
This is a brutal biceps exercise. Usually, with alternating dumbbell curls, you give one side a bit of a break when you curl the weight on the other side. But by adding the iso-hold, you work both sides all the time, loading the biceps way more than 'just' doing curls. Be extra careful when doing this exercise.
The workout recommends three sets of 10 reps per arm.
- Watch What Happened When This Guy Ate and Trained Like Eddie Hall - menshealth.com - November 25th, 2020
- Diet to exercise: FSSAI suggests these post-festival tips to resume a healthy routine - The Indian Express - November 25th, 2020
- Diabetes: Facts you should know in the era of COVID-19 - Q City Metro - Qcity metro - November 25th, 2020
- What Is the Endomorph Diet? What Can You Eat on the Endomorph Diet? - GoodHousekeeping.com - November 25th, 2020
- Swollen Stomach and Weight Gain: Causes of Abdominal Bloating - Healthline - November 25th, 2020
- What are some of the best diets for men? - Medical News Today - November 25th, 2020
- Here are a few tips to keep yourself healthy amidst winters - Times of India - November 25th, 2020
- Type 2 diabetes: One of the best diets to help with insulin resistance and obesity - Express - November 25th, 2020
- Market America | SHOP.COM Shares Five Ways To Help You Avoid Excess Sugar While Still Enjoying The Holidays - PR Web - November 25th, 2020
- Justin Herbert Who Lives on Subway Sandwiches - GQ Magazine - November 25th, 2020
- Henry Cavill full body workout: Get as strong as Superman and The Witcher - T3 - November 25th, 2020
- Do Chemicals Cause Breast Cancer? Its Unknown, but Two Researchers Say That the Government Should Do More to Protect Women - SurvivorNet - November 25th, 2020
- Weight Loss: Lose Belly Fat With This Quick Lower Abs Workout That Can Be Done In Just 20 Minutes - NDTV - November 25th, 2020
- Obesity and pets - Illinois Times - November 25th, 2020
- Weight loss: Two things that helped Nita Ambani lose 18 kilos - Times of India - November 25th, 2020
- Dieting downfalls and the promise of a non-diet approach - Daily Cardinal - November 25th, 2020
- Working out in a polluted city? Here are some exercises you must avoid doing as air pollution rises - Times Now - November 25th, 2020
- How to lose belly fat: get in shape before it all goes wrong again during the holidays - T3 - November 25th, 2020
- Exercise nutrition: whether you should eat before or after a workout depends on your fitness goals - The Conversation UK - November 16th, 2020
- Strict diets can deprive us of our happiness and health - The Aggie - November 16th, 2020
- Polo G on His New Album 'The Goat,' Workout Routine, and Complicated Diet - menshealth.com - November 16th, 2020
- Lockdown: Survey finds that many in SA gained weight, despite trying to lose a few kilos - Health24 - November 16th, 2020
- Fitness: Outdoor exercise is the new normal even for winter - Montreal Gazette - November 16th, 2020
- The importance of knowing your family health history - PhillyVoice.com - November 16th, 2020
- How Diabetes can affect your eyes and what you can do to avoid those complications - wmar2news.com - November 16th, 2020
- Mary Trump says terrible diet and lack of exercise will prevent Donald Trump from running in 2024 - Queerty - November 16th, 2020
- Dr Norman Lazarus has a simple and direct message when it comes to living longer, healthier lives - The Canberra Times - November 16th, 2020
- Over-the-counter diet pills: Do they really help you lose weight or harm your health? - TheHealthSite - November 16th, 2020
- The hard truth about losing weight why speeding up your metabolism for weight loss is a myth - Business Insider Australia - November 16th, 2020
- World Diabetes Day: Steps to improve metabolism for the prevention of diabetes - TheHealthSite - November 16th, 2020
- Here's how to maintain blood sugar levels, starting from your gut - TheHealthSite - November 16th, 2020
- Breaking up with diet culture: A dietitian on how to ditch the toxicity - Women's Agenda - November 16th, 2020
- Confined indoors? Heres how to boost your immunity |India Today Insight - India Today - November 16th, 2020
- Home and Away's Ethan Browne: 'My health and workout secrets' - New Idea - November 16th, 2020
- Questions and Answers About Your Immune System and Winter - Healthline - November 16th, 2020
- Causes of Heartburn During Exercise and What to Do About It - LIVESTRONG.COM - November 16th, 2020
- How to Lose Inner Thigh Fat: Causes and Toning Exercises - Greatist - November 3rd, 2020
- Learning to Actively Pursue the Light at the End of the Tunnel - Charcot-Marie-Tooth News - November 3rd, 2020
- Healthy diet, exercises are pivotal in preventing cardiovascular diseases WHO - - The Eagle Online - November 3rd, 2020
- A deep dive into diabetes in Arkansas | Wear the Gown - THV11.com KTHV - November 3rd, 2020
- 'My Diet Was All Over The Place Until I Started Counting Macros With The Strong Daily App' - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 3rd, 2020
- Polarity Balancing: Benefits, Exercises, How to Find a Practitioner - Healthline - November 3rd, 2020
- Kareena's advice to women who conceived during the pandemic - Daijiworld.com - November 3rd, 2020
- This Guy Ate And Trained Like Conor McGregor And The Cardio Session Alone Looks Like Absolute Murder - BroBible - November 3rd, 2020
- 5 things to know about Vitamin D - StarNewsOnline.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment and Beyond - SurvivorNet - November 3rd, 2020
- What Is Preventive Cardiology? What Doctors Want You To Know About the Emerging Field in Heart Health - Well+Good - November 3rd, 2020
- Weight loss: This guy changed his diet every 10 days and lost 50 kilos! Here's what he ate - Times of India - November 3rd, 2020
- How to exercise to lose weight and build muscle at the same time - Daily Express - November 3rd, 2020
- Kate Middleton's green juice with blueberries and matcha is key to flat stomach diet - Express - November 3rd, 2020
- Henry Cavill Workout: How to Do It, Cautions, and More - Healthline - November 3rd, 2020
- 6 scientifically-proven techniques students can use to relieve stress this school year - Insider - INSIDER - November 3rd, 2020
- Video of Husband Exposing Cheating Wife is Going Viral: Trending Topics, Viral Videos & Funny Memes of The - LatestLY - November 3rd, 2020
- Do you have a sitting job? Here are 7 quick desk exercises to prevent neck and back pain - Times Now - November 3rd, 2020
- Metabolic Renewal Review: Pros, Cons, and Effectiveness - Healthline - October 28th, 2020
- I got a whole new mindset: the health secrets of people who got much fitter in lockdown - The Guardian - October 28th, 2020
- Simple Tips And Tricks To Make Your Diet Healthier: You Must Try These! - NDTV - October 28th, 2020
- How do you calculate your calorie intake? Know some tips, recipes on how to lose weight with exercise and diet - Times Now - October 28th, 2020
- Here's What We Know About the Diet Fuelling Rebel Wilsons Fitness & Weight Loss Journey - POPSUGAR Health and Fitness Australia - October 28th, 2020
- If Your Heart Health Is at Risk, Your Partner Should Get Checked Too. Here's Why - ScienceAlert - October 28th, 2020
- Eat to beat diabetes: Delicious ways to reverse and transform your health explains Gurmeet Arora - PINKVILLA - October 28th, 2020
- Noom diet: The virtual weight loss program taking the world by storm explained - 9Coach - October 28th, 2020
- Weight loss: can your 'settling point' prevent you from losing weight in the long term? - T3 (US) - October 28th, 2020
- Link between early menopause and osteoporosis - The New Indian Express - October 28th, 2020
- Adele and Pippa Middleton Both Swear By the 'Sirtfood Diet' -- Here's Why Its Founder Says It Works - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - October 28th, 2020
- Can a Plant-Based Diet Reduce the Risk of Breast Cancer? - LIVEKINDLY - October 28th, 2020
- OPINION | Chronic diseases, immunity and nutrition. Nutrition is important now more than ever! - Health24 - October 28th, 2020
- Eat well, be well - NZ Register of Exercise Professionals - Voxy - October 28th, 2020
- Heart palpitations and headache: Causes and treatment - Medical News Today - October 28th, 2020
- The 9 Best Ways to Boost Mood, Including What to Eat and Drink - The Beet - October 28th, 2020
- How To Follow Keto Diet The Right Way? Expert Reveals - NDTV Food - October 28th, 2020
- Is it possible to lose weight in 9 days? Know the right way to fitness with expert tips - Times Now - October 28th, 2020
- Esperion Launches U.S. Direct-to-Consumer Campaign to Accelerate Awareness of NEXLETOL (bempedoic acid) Tablets and Increase Awareness of Bad... - October 4th, 2020
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Was Reportedly Hospitalized After Ingesting a Combo of Diet Pills and Caffeine - Cosmopolitan - October 4th, 2020
- I Exercise to Celebrate My Body Instead of Punishing It, and I'm Much Happier For It - POPSUGAR - October 4th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of garlic and how much to add to your diet - Business Insider India - October 4th, 2020
- Is your weight loss diet giving you a headache? Heres what you need to know - PINKVILLA - October 4th, 2020
- The Healthiest Way to Eat to Prevent Disease, Says a Cardiologist - The Beet - October 4th, 2020
- Exercise of Options and Total Voting Rights London Stock Exchange:AMYT - GlobeNewswire - October 4th, 2020
- Cardiovascular disease the leading cause of death for women in Singapore last year - The Straits Times - October 4th, 2020