At one point or another, most of us have resolved around January 1 to exercise more, eat better or focus on our health somehow. Though its a tricky resolution to start and even more challenging to keep up some preparation and the right tools can help set you up for a year of healthy exercise.
Whether youre looking to start exercising or to take your routine to the next level, you need the right at-home workout gear to motivate you to move frequently and consistently. If you need some extra motivation to head to the gym, treat yourself to some new sweatproof Bluetooth headphones like the AirPods Pro. And if youre trying to improve your diet? Kitchen gadgets like a Vitamix blender make meal prep quicker and easier, and the results yummier.
To help determine the best products to invest in heading into 2021, weve chatted with health and fitness experts to uncover their secrets. After all, if the professionals swear by them, you know theyre good. Below, find our favorite picks to meet whatever wellness goal youre focusing on for the next lap around the sun.
Trx All-in-One Suspension Training: Body Weight Resistance System ($149.95; amazon.com)
Trx All-in-One Suspension Training: Body Weight Resistance System
If you dont have a ton of space but want to work up a major sweat, personal trainer Miriam Fried recommends this TRX suspension training kit. As she explains, you can easily work out your entire body without building out an entire gym. Win-win!
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike ($228.33; amazon.com)
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
Building out a home gym or investing in substantial at-home fitness equipment doesnt have to cost an arm and a leg either. If youre looking for a super-solid bike option that wont take up too much space, this editor-favorite option has 14,000 reviews on Amazon.
Ativafit Yoga Wheel ($45.99; amazon.com)
Ativafit Yoga Wheel
Regardless of whether or not youre a yogi, this wheel will increase your flexibility and range of motion and release minor aches and pains, according to Dani Schenone, a holistic wellness expert for Mindbody.
What I love most about it is the support it offers in spinal extensions, giving my heart center all the expansion it needs, she explains. However, its not just for the spine. The yoga wheel is excellent for developing better balance, improving inversions or amplifying any pose too. I pull out my yoga wheel weekly, and it has transformed my yoga practice, she says.
Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves (starting at $27.04; amazon.com)
Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
Sometimes say, every week of 2020 you just feel the need to punch something. If you have a boxing bag at home, you need gloves that allow you to cross, hook, jab and uppercut your stress away. Travel and fitness guru Cacinda Maloney recommends these lightweight training gloves. They wick moisture, so your hands wont feel sticky and you can keep moving.
Bala Bangles ($49; dickssportinggoods.com)
Youll be impressed by how adding a little more resistance to your daily workouts or chores can shape your stamina and overall fitness level. Danielle Cote, the director of training operations at Pure Barre, recommends these functional and fashionable bangles that fit snug on your wrists or ankles.
Whether you are wearing them during your favorite sweat session, while youre out for a walk or cleaning around the house, these 1-pound or 2-pound weights pack in a sneaky punch to your day, she says.
Gaiam Yoga Mat ($23.98, originally $29.98; amazon.com)
Gaiam Yoga Mat
For yogi and founder of Sequential Body Emilie Perz, theres no better yoga mat than this pick from Gaiam.
My favorite features include the cushioned rubber backing for joint support and stability, the dry-wicking surface that absorbs moisture and prevents yogis from falling during a mega sweat sesh, and the thick backing that adheres to the floor so that the mat doesnt crinkle, curl or move across the room while flowing, she explains.
Plus, its made with natural rubber, so it wont peel like a synthetic mat.
TriggerPoint Grid Foam Roller ($44.96, originally $59.99; amazon.com)
TriggerPoint Grid Foam Roller
Foam rollers are a real game changer when it comes to post-workout recovery. They work to loosen up muscles and act as a massage after a trying session, plus youll be able to work on your quads, calves, lats, back and much more with this top-rated option.
BalanceFrom Neoprene-Coated Dumbbell Set ($45.24; amazon.com)
BalanceFrom Neoprene-Coated Dumbbell Set
This set of classic dumbbells is available in two weight levels, a 32-pound set with weights of 3, 5 and 8 pounds or a 50-pound set with weights of 5, 8 and 12 pounds. Each set features six weights coated with neoprene (which prevents slipping) and a convenient storage stand.
Buddy Lee Aero Speed Hyperformance Jump Rope ($39.95; amazon.com)
Buddy Lee Aero Speed Hyperformance Jump Rope
Jump rope: It may be one of the simplest workouts, but its an effective one. Fitness and wellness coach Gideon Akande says this is an ideal product for anyone who wants to turn up their cardio speed. Thanks to the weight of the rope, the ergonomics and comfort of the handle and the swivel-bearing technology, he says youll have a perfect turn each time you hop.
This high-quality rope takes a beating and lasts! This is a must-have in any home gym or fitness travelers luggage, he says.
Dynamax Soft-Shell Medicine Ball Standard (starting at $85; amazon.com)
Dynamax Soft-Shell Medicine Ball Standard
If youre looking for a medicine ball, Akande says to look no further. Its perfect for core work and sport-specific training, he explains. These medicine balls are impact-absorbing, built to handle high velocity. Plus, theyre just fun to toss around.
AmazonBasics Medicine Ball ($34.99; amazon.com)
AmazonBasics Medicine Ball
This cheaper medicine ball option is a classic, featuring a textured finish thats easy to grip and a rubber build so you can bounce the ball off hard surfaces.
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike ($116.90, originally $155; amazon.com)
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike
As a podiatrist who frequently works with athletes, Dr. Velimir Petkov knows what aids a workout routine and what can cause injury. If youre a fan of indoor cycling but dont have the space for a Peloton, he says to try out this at-home bike.
It is relatively light and portable but also sturdy enough to stay in one place while being used, he continues. It does have a digital monitor and various levels of resistance in order to make even the most passionate exercise aficionados happy.
Ab Roller Wheel ($21.97, originally $24.97; amazon.com)
The ultimate tool for building up ab strength, this roller is well loved on Amazon for its high quality and low price point. It comes with a knee pad and two bonus e-books that cover everything from ideal diets to different types of ab workouts.
Hyperice Hypersphere Mini ($99; amazon.com)
Hyperice Hypersphere Mini
Since you only have one body, its vital to protect and nurture it, which is why a vibrating massage ball like this one is so important. As fitness manager for Red Mountain Resort, Kim Watters says using this before a workout can help prepare muscles and soft tissue around the joints, and after a workout it helps in the recovery process.
It fits easily around/close to joints like in the pocket between the chest and the shoulder joint or in the hip crease. Its also handy in those hard-to-reach areas like around the shoulder blades or SI joints, she explains.
Gruper Thick Yoga Mat (starting at $33.99; amazon.com)
Gruper Thick Yoga Mat
Whether youre going through a vinyasa yoga flow or doing a 10-minute core series, you need a sturdy mat to keep you in place and focused on movement not slipping. Thats why Jeremiah Maestre, a certified personal trainer for Performix House, recommends this thick mat. Not only can you use it indoors, but its suitable for outdoor workouts too!
NutriBullet 1,200-Watt Full-Size Blender ($99.99; nutribullet.com)
NutriBullet 1,200-Watt Full-Size Blender
Tommy Duquette, the co-founder of FightCamp and a former USA National Boxing Team member, reminds us that nutrition is one of the essential components of a healthy lifestyle. In fact, you could work out all day, every day, but if you dont focus on a balanced meal plan, you wont see the results youre hoping to achieve. For those times when you dont have the time or energy to dedicate to meal prep and cooking, Duquette recommends this blender.
If I know that I have a full day of meetings after filming my workouts, I will blend up organic fruits and vegetables, coconut water and protein powder for an easy-to-drink smoothie, he explains. This NutriBullet is big, so I put it in the office fridge and keep refilling my glass until I can get a full meal.
Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer ($25.97, originally $27.99; amazon.com)
Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer
Healthier eating resolutions often call for few to no carbs. The Spiralizer vegetable slicer enables you to turn vegetables into noodles for your next spaghetti dinner and stay true to that keto or paleo diet. The Spiralizers revamped blades are even stronger than before and can cut through hard root vegetables like sweet potatoes and turnips for unlimited vegetable-noodle possibilities. Check out our full review.
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker ($16.99, originally $19.99; amazon.com)
For the egg lovers out there, theres no easier way to scramble, hard boil, soft boil or poach eggs than with this Dash egg cooker. It has an auto shutoff function, so your eggs will never overcook and you wont have to babysit them if youre short on time. Whether its for a quick breakfast or a protein-packed snack, cooking eggs has never been this over easy.
Cosori Air Fryer ($119.99; amazon.com)
Cosori Air Fryer
There are plenty of rave reviews for air fryers and many loyal fans of the devices, like Cote. In fact, she says she uses this for everything: frozen food, fresh produce, creative recipes or go-to basics. It provides a necessary crunch to healthy food while using little oil, ultimately resulting in 85% less fat than deep-fried food.
Until I bought this, I had never considered all of the things that you could use it for, she says.
Utopia Kitchen Glass Food Storage Container Set ($32.99; amazon.com)
Utopia Kitchen Glass Food Storage Container Set
When it comes to food prep, storage sets like this option from Utopia Kitchen are a must-have.
Anti-Diet by Christy Harrison (starting at $14.99; amazon.com)
'Anti-Diet' by Christy Harrison
Schenone says this one read changed not only her understanding of health and wellness but her life. If youre someone who has struggled with body image, yo-yo dieting and weight loss, this can provide the fundamental shift you need.
It provides a historical look at the diet industry and uses scientific research to combat common beliefs about the body and health, she explains. It also offers usable strategies to reclaim your life and find true personal health and wellness.
Vitamix E310 Explorian Professional Grade ($349.95; amazon.com)
Vitamix E310 Explorian Professional Grade
Hands down, Schenone says, a Vitamix is the best kitchen investment shes given herself. I love being able to make myself a nutritious smoothie in the morning, some nut butter on sourdough toast for lunch and a hot, hearty vegetable soup for dinner all with the same appliance, she says.
Besides coming with a plethora of recipes and active Facebook groups you can follow for advice and secrets, itll also allow you to easily cook good-for-you meals. And it self-cleans, so you can spend less time scrubbing and more time focusing on your health.
SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker ($79.99; amazon.com)
SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker
Though we all know how vital it is to drink plenty of water, sometimes good old-fashioned H2O gets boring. To spice it up and still remain hydrated, Perz recommends this sparkling water maker. You can add natural flavors or fresh fruit to create yummy and healthy beverages.
Also, you can feel good buying this because by creating sparkling water with this product youll be limiting plastic waste, she adds.
- Don't Give Up: 9 Ways to Reinvent Your 2021 Diet, Fitness Resolutions - Healthline - January 12th, 2021
- How to Lose Belly Fat | Belly Fat Exercises and Diet - esquire.com - January 12th, 2021
- Kate Middleton's diet and exercise: her fitness secrets revealed - New Idea - January 12th, 2021
- 5 Diet Pill Ingredients That Actually Work For Weight Loss - South Florida Caribbean News - January 12th, 2021
- The best esports exercise and diet plan by the Head of Performance at EXCEL ESPORTS - T3 - January 12th, 2021
- Low-carb, no sugar, no fat: the fad diets popular in the 20th century - The Conversation UK - January 12th, 2021
- Robert Pattinson 'Batman' Workout and Diet Plan - Men's health UK - January 12th, 2021
- 7 At-Home Exercises You Need To Add In Your Journey From FAT-TO-FIT - Tech Geeked - January 12th, 2021
- Actor Ethan Suplee, on His Abs, Weight Loss, and Mental Strength - menshealth.com - January 12th, 2021
- Skip the diet and dating goals? You should make this your New Year's resolution - USA TODAY - January 12th, 2021
- Ingenuine workout and diet plans have made fitness freak Vaughn Cohen the best fitness trainer in Marbella, Europe. - Datasource Hub - January 12th, 2021
- Weight loss: "I climbed 60 flights of stairs regularly and got in shape" - Times of India - January 12th, 2021
- The 17 Best Longevity Tips Experts Taught Us in 2020 - Well+Good - January 12th, 2021
- Improve HDL and LDL with TLC - Bel Marra Health - January 12th, 2021
- 'I've Maintained My 61-Pound Weight Loss For 8 Years By Setting These S.M.A.R.T. Goals' - Yahoo Lifestyle - January 9th, 2021
- New Year, New Wellness Goals - UPMC - January 9th, 2021
- COVID keeping you from the gym? No problem - Indianapolis Recorder - January 9th, 2021
- Stay Fit in Your 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and Beyond - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - January 9th, 2021
- 806 Health Tip: A Few Diets To Try In The New Year - mix941kmxj.com - January 9th, 2021
- Nutrition and mental health: Is there a link? - Medical News Today - January 9th, 2021
- Ensure Healthy Thyroid Function With These Expert Recommended Diet Tips - NDTV - January 9th, 2021
- How to get fit: Get fit for 2021 with the best workouts and diet tips - T3 - January 9th, 2021
- One 5-Minute Workout Can Melt Belly Fat, Says Study - Eat This, Not That - January 9th, 2021
- Meet the bacteria that might help treat diabetes - Medical News Today - January 9th, 2021
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Make These Changes In Your Diet And Lifestyle To Fight Symptoms Effectively - NDTV - January 9th, 2021
- Diabetes + Obesity = Diabesity: All You Need To Know About This Metabolic Dysfunction - India.com - January 9th, 2021
- Make these diet and lifestyle changes to reduce the risk of cancer - TheHealthSite - January 9th, 2021
- The Diet Plans To Suit All Shapes And Sizes, From 5/2 To Fasting Via Veganism - The Sportsman - January 9th, 2021
- 'After Starting A Low-Carb, High-Protein Diet, I Lost 85 Pounds And Got Rid Of So Many Cravings' - Women's Health - January 5th, 2021
- The One Test to Get If You're Worried About Your Heart Health - The Beet - January 5th, 2021
- US News ranks the best diets for weight loss, other health benefits for 2021 - WTOP - January 5th, 2021
- On Waitlist for Liver Transplants, Women Die More Often Than Men - HealthDay News - January 5th, 2021
- Five experts, five tips: GPs on keeping well mentally and physically - The Irish Times - January 5th, 2021
- This Guy Followed a Plant-Based Diet and Lost 180 Pounds - menshealth.com - January 5th, 2021
- What is intuitive eating? The anti-diet that wants to repair your relationship with food - Her.ie - January 5th, 2021
- Weight management goals to set this year - The Citizen - January 5th, 2021
- High-Calorie Food In Winters: Why To Avoid It And Expert-Suggested Alternatives - NDTV Food - January 5th, 2021
- Could a supplement be as effective as exercise at protecting health? - Medical News Today - January 3rd, 2021
- Diet & exercise should be on your New Year's Resolution list - Yahoo News - January 3rd, 2021
- The Case for Keto review why a full-fat diet should be on the menu - The Guardian - January 3rd, 2021
- Aussie fitness guru Tiffiny Hall reveals how to lose that final five kilos - 9Coach - January 3rd, 2021
- In Exercised, Harvard professor Daniel Lieberman looks at why exercise, despite its aggravations, is worth it - The Boston Globe - January 3rd, 2021
- Cold weather or winter headaches - What causes them? - TheHealthSite - January 3rd, 2021
- Jessica Alba Swears by Pilates, HIIT, and Hot Yoga for Strong, Sculpted Abs at 39 - Prevention.com - January 3rd, 2021
- Looking to Be Healthier in the New Year? These Tips Will Help - South Florida Reporter - January 3rd, 2021
- Zion Williamson Changed His Diet After a Disappointing Rookie Year: All the Sauce, the Bacon, That StuffHe Cant Have That - Sportscasting - January 3rd, 2021
- Belfast weight-loss expert offers five top tips for fitness and diet in 2021 - Belfast Live - January 3rd, 2021
- Resolutions: Small, steady change to lifestyle is better than dieting, expert says - The Augusta Chronicle - January 3rd, 2021
- How to boost your immune system in weeks and maintain it long-term - BusinessGhana - January 3rd, 2021
- Dementia: Weight training exercises could help protect the brain against Alzheimers - TechnoCodex - January 3rd, 2021
- 5 New Year's Resolutions for Better Gut Health - LIVESTRONG.COM - January 3rd, 2021
- 5 ways to get fitter than ever, include exercise in 2021 - Times Now - January 3rd, 2021
- The dangers of obesity in pets - Kathorus Mail - January 3rd, 2021
- 7-day bodybuilding meal plan: Benefits, nutrition, and grocery list - Medical News Today - December 27th, 2020
- Skipping These Foods Can Be Dangerous for Your Mental Health, Study Says - Eat This, Not That - December 27th, 2020
- The warrior diet: Pros, cons, how to follow it, and example meal plan - Medical News Today - December 27th, 2020
- Ray Wetterlund III : You're only one workout away from a good mood - Thrive Global - December 27th, 2020
- The Biking Workout That Hit 10,000 Miles in a Year - The Wall Street Journal - December 27th, 2020
- What is the best diet for women? Options and research - Medical News Today - December 27th, 2020
- Cut back on meat for a week with this 7-day vegetarian meal plan recommended by a registered dietitian - Business Insider India - December 27th, 2020
- The 6 Best Diets That Will Make You Live Longer, Say Dietitians - Eat This, Not That - December 27th, 2020
- The best nutrition to start 2021 - Sportstar - December 27th, 2020
- How to boost your immune system in weeks and maintain it long-term - Insider - INSIDER - December 27th, 2020
- Drew Barrymores Fitness Routine Isnt Perfect, but This Was Still a Really Healthy Year - Prevention.com - December 27th, 2020
- Bloated, full, sluggish: Is fasting the answer to festive feasting? - Sydney Morning Herald - December 27th, 2020
- Follow These Home Remedies to Get Rid of Constipation - TechnoCodex - December 27th, 2020
- Best way to create healthy New Year's Resolution for 2021 - Mumbai Live - December 27th, 2020
- The best diet is the diet you can stick to - Seacoastonline.com - December 27th, 2020
- How what you are eating is affecting how you sleep - The Irish Times - December 27th, 2020
- Soda Habits That Are Shortening Your Life, According to Science - Eat This, Not That - December 27th, 2020
- How to live longer: Walking pace may influence your life expectancy - how fast to walk - Express - December 27th, 2020
- The pillars of mental health: Good sleep, exercise, and healthy diet - Yahoo News UK - December 20th, 2020
- Weight loss: "I had dalia every night for dinner and got my pre-pregnancy body back" - Times of India - December 20th, 2020
- What a cutting diet is and how to follow it - Medical News Today - December 20th, 2020
- Nutrition and exercise is key in easing joint pain - IOL - December 20th, 2020
- Americans promise to eat healthier 4 times a month but never follow through - Study Finds - December 20th, 2020
- Sabudana health benefits: 8 compelling reasons why you must include Sabudana (Sago) in your diet - Times of India - December 20th, 2020
- Winter Health Tips: Add Onion And Garlic To Your Diet To Prevent Cough And Cold, Says Nmami Agarwal - NDTV Doctor - December 20th, 2020
- A 20-Minute Workout to Sculpt Your Arms and Chest (See Ya, Armpit Fat) - LIVESTRONG.COM - December 20th, 2020
- Sleep, food, or exercise: Which has the biggest impact on mental health? - Stuff.co.nz - December 13th, 2020