What is the Hcg Diet Plan? (And how to do it right.)
In a nutshell: The Hcg Diet Plan is a doctor-supervised, medical weight loss program that combines hormone therapy with whole food eating. Menu options are heavy in vegetables and lean proteins, as well as fruit options and limited grains. Allowed calories on the protocol, range from 500 to 1600 calories, depending on the protocol followed.
The original protocol follows a very specific food list that results in weight loss, but can teach healthy eating, portion control and establish healthy relationships with food. While the protocol was initially outlined by Dr. Simeons, modern day variations have become increasingly popular. This guide, focuses on the original protocol, with modern adaptations noted by the editor.
How the diet started Dr. Simeons, MD.
Dr. Albert Simeons was a world-renowned endocrinologist recognized for his pioneering work in tropical diseases. He was awarded the Red Cross Order of Merit for his advancement in the research and treatment of Malaria and honored for a number of research-breakthroughs. While working with severely malnourished women in India, Dr. Simeons discovered a link between the Hcg hormone, and its ability to utilize stored fat to nourish and deliver healthy children. After years of research, he was able to develop a protocol that utilized this effect of Hcg, to treat obesity, and published the groundbreaking manuscript, Pounds and Inches.
Here are a few basics for those who are ready to jump right in and start with the plan immediately. With these simple articles, you can easily get started today. Take note however, that anyone new to the plan, should read through this guide thoroughly, and NEVER proceed with the protocol without consulting a physician (FDA approved telemedicine Hcg programs are listed below.)
The Hcg Diet is a medical weight loss plan, and should ONLY be prescribed and overseen by a licensed medical doctor. While it can be challenging to find a local physician that specializes in Hcg hormone therapy, there are a few options available online, through FDA-approved telemedicine companies in the USA. These sources provide complete prescription Hcg kits for injections, drops and tablets/pills/pellets, and provide expert guidance throughout the duration of treatment.
Preparing for the plan, is absolutely essential and should not be skipped. Much like building a house, you want a solid foundation and to be prepared for the steps and challenges that come along with the protocol. In fact, most challenges can be avoided completely by reading the following articles before getting started.
These tools can be beneficial for those starting out on the plan for the first time. They are all free to download. We will be adding more here, so please check back often.
The Hcg protocol consists of 3 phases, with a newer 4th phase that has been added to the original protocol, being coined as P4, longterm maintenance. Each phase is extremely important and should not be skipped. The Loading Phase (P1) is 2 (in some cases, 3 days,) while Phase 2, the weight loss phase, can vary in length depending on your protocols specifics. For example, one Hcg sources protocol can differ from another such as 26 days or 29 days. Phase 3, the Transition Phase, lasts 3 weeks and is an expansion of increased calories and foods that do not include any sugars or starches. The 4th phase refers to life after the diets first 3 phases and includes a lifestyle of healthy choices learned while on the protocol. This includes exercise, portion control, clean eating and healthy living in general.
The HCG Diet Protocol consists of separate phases. Together, they are referred to as a round. Dieters typically lose 18 to 25 lbs per round (approximately 1 month.) If more weight is needed to be lost, there is a 3 week break after the final phase, and thenanother round is started. Rinse and repeat until goal weight is reached.
HCG Diet protocols include the following4 phases. Note on protocol variations: Some protocols actually include 3 and 4 as the same Maintenance phase and have only 3 phases total. Other protocols, including Dr. Simeons Original protocol, do not include phase 1, loading phase. This can be a personal preference, however we will say that the following phase example, has shown great results from our readers, and has certainly appeared to be the most successful.
Phase 1 is the loading phase. Also known as the preparation phase. This phase is not on all HCG Diet protocols but it is on most and is very popular. During this two day phase, the dieter eats as much healthy fats as possible in preparation for starting the next phase. They are also welcome to eat as many cheat foods as they would like, with the intention of satisfying cravings prior to beginning the next phase where these foods will not be allowed. Read more
Phase 2 of the HCG Diet is the weight loss phase. This begins on day 3 of taking HCG where the dieter adheres toa specifiedcalorie intake and carefully selected food list. For most dieters, this is the most challenging phase of the plan because there is very little room for error. Read more:
Phase 3 of the HCG Dietis at the end of HCG is discontinued and the same foods from phase 2 are still eaten, but increased slowly. In this stage, this is areintroduction period where calories and foods are slowly adjusted to maintain weight loss. Read more:
Phase 4 of the HCG Diet is the phase of continuing weight maintenance for life-long health and fitness.This is an essential part of the HCG diet and it actually begins during Phase 2. This is where you will begin to build the skills necessary for lifetime weight maintenance and healthy living. For example; reading labels as a habit (this will become 2nd nature and shouldntstop once you reach your weight loss goals. Also, portion control and learning to listen to your body. Read more about these skills and implement them starting NOW:
The absolute best (&Free!) HCG Diet tips for reaching your weight loss goals safe and fast!
Hcg weight loss foods and recipes are the backbone of the Hcg weight loss program. Not only do the allowed foods help you to lose weight, but they also help get our body into a healthy state.
It is important to understand that while the Hcg hormone does NOT make you lose weight, it does changehowyour body loses weight, and creates a reaction in your body that allows for the rapid weight loss. It is the carefully selected Hcg Diet food list that is responsible for your weight loss; the Hcg just allows your body to continue to burn fat when it would normally go into starvation mode under the calorie restricted diet.
This is good news! This means the Hcg weight loss plan can be surprisingly versatile with the right recipes, and can work with any number of menus, foods sensitivities. The allowed foods are clear of processed and prepared foods and carefully measured for portion control. Instead of processed foods, the food list focuses on clean eating, and consists mostly of vegetables and healthy portions of lean protein, along with some, but limited, carbohydrates. To be clear, this is NOT a ketosis diet when done correctly, and in fact the amount of vegetables and fruit permitted, do not allow the body to go into ketosis. Compared to ketosis diets, this particular approach has been shown to average much higher weight loss rates that range from .5 to 1.5 pounds per day.
In a nutshell: The Hcg Diet allowed foods and guidelines focus on portion control, increased vegetables and proteins, and a food list that is comprised of clean, unprocessed foods.
The Original HCG Diet is known for its restrictive and unforgiving500 calorie VLCD (very low calorie diet.) Some versions of the diet have evolved to allowfor an HCG Diet expanded food list.
Learn what to eat on the HCG Diet and how to eat: Portion sizes, HCG Diet-friendly recipes for all phases, foods lists, plus HCG Diet cooking and shopping tips.
Learning to cook on the diet, can be a struggle for some patients, however, it is also an excellent opportunity to learn how to cook new foods that are clean, nutritious and healthy. Since the protocol does not allow foods that are processed or prepared (bye bye alcohol, fast food and frozen dinners) this can be an excellent path to learning how to prepare meals that will nourish your body, and make long term weight maintenance easy.
Take a look at our recipe section, and discover amazing Hcg Diet Recipes that include Southwestern chicken, strawberry cupcakes, garlic baked shrimp, mouth-watering grilled asparagus, and chai beverages. While it may be intimidating to look at the allowed foods list and feel limited, it wont take long before you realize just how versatile and delishous it can be.
We have also included a list of our best recipe and cooking articles that cover everything from how to cook on the protocol, spices to use to increase your metabolism, tips for dining out and tips for eating during special occasions.
Sample menus and menu tips for the HCG Diet.
Hcg Diet Info has put together a complete guide to buying Hcg Kits and Programs online: How to Buy Hcg injections online (Drops and Pellets too.)
In the last few years, the FDA-approved telemedicine industry has grown and allowed doctors to prescribe and care for individuals wanting to follow the protocol. You can now safely buy Hcg kits online, that come with a complete program overseen by a medical doctor and Hcg weight loss experts and nutritionists. This has grown to be one of the most beneficial medical weight loss programs in the world now.
Tips for buying Hcg and Hcg weight loss programs: One of the first things to take into consideration when buying Hcg, is which form of Hcg you feel comfortable with, how soon you would like to start your diet, and the level of support you will need. The latter tends to be the biggest difference between various Hcg sources with some companies offering minimal support (better for veterans and pros that want to buy a bare bones Hcg kit to save money) and other companies offering extensive diet support, while yet another offering custom dosage and protocol support, and complete medical doctor hand-holding, along with a year of nutritionist services (even after the diet is completed.) These may seem like small differences but they can add up to be an extreme value for your money, as well as offer peace of mind.
The sources recommended in Hcg Diet Infooffer each of the acceptable choices that can be used with the original Hcg weight loss protocol: Hcg injections, Hcg Diet Drops (Prescription or Homeopathic), and Prescription Hcg Pellets. The Hcg Buy Guide also offers answers to dozens of frequently asked questions about buying Hcg Kits and Hcg weight loss programs online. Please note: Over the counter hormone free diet drops should NOT be used with the original protocol and can be dangerous if combined with the VLCD (very low calorie menu.) These over the counter drops have been addressed and dismissed largely by the FDA for good reason- they are NOT safe with the original protocol. Read: How to know if my Hcg Drops are Real, for more information.
Exercise is an important part of healthy living, even without wanting to lose weight. While the original protocol insistedexercise was not necessary, most of the evolvedprotocols include and encourage a consistent exercise routine simply because it is a healthy lifestyle option and the benefits are many.
For those currently active, in most cases, it is ok to continue as usual, although some may find it useful to lighten their workout for the first week of being on the protocol. For those who are new to working out, a low impact daily workout of at least 20 minutes a day is recommended to start. Recommended activities include: walking (brisk), swimming, yoga (no hot yoga practices yet), and pilates. Level of activity is extremely light the first week of phase 2 on the HCG Diet and increases as the individual feels ready. It is highly advised that the chosen workouts are something enjoyable, and not something you dread doing every day.
The HCG Diet can be complicated and so specific,you are almost certain to experiencechallenges along the way. While it might not seem welcome, It is a large part of the learning process for long term managementsuccess. There will be temptation to stray from your planned diet, and there may even be times when you stray by accident. Yes, it can happen: Aunt Sally forgot to tell you she adds sugar toher famous holiday vinaigrettedressing, or the restaurant neglected to tell you theres bread crumb mixed right into the hamburger patty which you so carefully ordered without a bun. Of course theres the good old oops, I assumed that hot sauce was just hot sauce and didnt realize it had 9 grams of sugar. Theres your first lesson; always double-check ingredientsand dont eat it unless youre sure. A better lesson if you cant see all ingredients, dont eat it! The less processed foods you eat, the better. See, its all part of the big picture and building the skillsto be fit and thin for life.
Dr. Simeons manuscript, Pounds and Inches is the original book that outlines every detail of the Hcg weight loss protocol. Dr. Simeons has been very specific in his words, outlining all aspects of the diet. This includes the original 500 calorie menu, the effects of hCG on the body, hCG dosage, how to inject hCG, how to handle stalls and plateaus, and a solid overview transitioning from phase 2 to phase 3, which many dieters can find challenging.
Regardless of which version of the protocol the patient is following, it can still be helpful to read the manuscript. Not only does this allow the Hcg dieter to understand the intention of the diet, but it can also help establish a solid foundation of preparation, and help avoid challenges by answering many of the most frequently asked questions.
Our editor has taken the time to separate the original manuscript by chapter, making it easy to navigate and locate individual topics. We also offer an MP3 audio version (audiobook) of the Pounds and Inches manuscript, as well as a PDF version. These will be automatically sent to those who sign up for our newsletter but they can also be found here:
We realize this diet can bring a lot of questions, so please feel free to visit our two pages that cover the most frequently asked questions about the diet in general, and the more specific protocol-based questions. Questions and answers include topics on dosage amounts, weight loss averages, how to inject hCG, the differences between Hcg injections, drops and pellets, and so much more. After reading these pages, feel free to take your questions to the forums, where our expert moderators and coaches, as well as the countless veterans, will be more than happy to offer their support.
Most commonly asked questions:
Have questions about the plan and protocol? Need a little support, or just want to find a friendly face to share the experience? Join ourHCG Diet Forums, the largest HCG community on the web with over 100 thousand inspired members and growing. Join our monthly coaching and support groups, get answers to all your questions from expert coaches, or find a buddy to share your Hcg weight loss journey! The HDI forums are the best place to mingle with your fellow HCG Dieters and get answers in one place. There are also over 2 million pages of priceless information and resources in these forums, easily searchable and readily at your fingertips.
- Weight Management Market New Investments Expected to boost the Demand by 2025 - Apsters News - June 30th, 2020
- HCG Diet And Exercise - 3 Tips For Faster Weight Loss (in ... - May 19th, 2020
- HCG Diet - Milwaukee Medical Weight Loss & Medispa - May 19th, 2020
- FAD DIETS Are they worth your time, effort and hunger? Are they safe? Lets see. - Gizmo Posts 24 - May 13th, 2020
- Want to lose weight fast? Pick the diet that suits you best - TheHealthSite - May 6th, 2020
- What Happens in the First Week of the Carnivore Diet? - The Good Men Project - March 9th, 2020
- HCG Weight Loss Diet: What Every Woman Needs to Know About ... - February 15th, 2020
- Genuine HCG Regimen - Along the Boards - February 7th, 2020
- How These Practitioners Can Help with New Year, New You Goals - Milwaukee Magazine - January 8th, 2020
- Doctor Creates All-Natural Patch to CURB the Appetite and Maintain Weight Loss - GlobeNewswire - January 3rd, 2020
- How to Mix HCG Injections: The Ultimate Guide - Science Times - December 25th, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside Meghan Edmonds Anorexic Looking Body! - All About The Tea - December 18th, 2019
- HCG Diet Plan - Comprehensive Menu & Meal Guide (Updated 2019) - October 20th, 2019
- Weight Loss Clinics | Lose Weight Fast | hCG Weight Loss ... - October 13th, 2019
- Not Losing Weight on the HCG Diet - Part 1 - hcgchica.com - October 12th, 2019
- HCG Injections | HCG Drops | Lose 10KGs in 30 Days With ... - October 11th, 2019
- Colin F Watson - HCG Diet Expert - HCG Coaching & Online ... - October 4th, 2019
- HCG Diet | HCG Diet Information | Your HCG Diet - October 4th, 2019
- HCG Diet Food List | Approved HCG Diet Foods - October 4th, 2019
- Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Utah | MD Diet Weight Loss ... - October 4th, 2019
- Benefits of hCG for Men on Testosterone Production ... - October 4th, 2019
- About HCG Diet - HCG Diet - October 2nd, 2019
- Effective & Safe Weight Loss Plan | The hCG Diet Australia - October 2nd, 2019
- Hcg Diet Average Weight Loss - How much will I lose? | HCG ... - September 7th, 2019
- How Much HCG Injections Dosage for Weight Loss ... - July 1st, 2019
- Average Weight Loss on the hCG Diet During 21 or 40 Days - June 21st, 2019
- How to Determine Your hCG Dosage for Weight Loss - June 21st, 2019
- The HCG Diet Plan | Rapid Weight Loss in Wilmington NC ... - June 5th, 2019
- HCG Diet - Soboba Medical Weight Loss Group - May 19th, 2019
- HCG Diet Recipes - HCG Weight Loss Recipes - May 19th, 2019
- How To Lose The Most Weight With The HCG Diet | Your HCG Diet - April 22nd, 2019
- The 800 Calorie HCG Diet Plan & Weight Loss - April 20th, 2019
- Boston HCG Diet - Rosy Sandhu, M.D. - HCG Weight Loss ... - March 31st, 2019
- The Right Way to Use HCG For Weight Loss (Not the HCG Diet) - March 13th, 2019
- Dr. Shauna Wright - Denver HCG Doctor - HCG Diet Denver - March 11th, 2019
- HCG and Weight Loss: What is the HCG diet protocol ... - February 7th, 2019
- HCG Weight Loss Las Vegas - TrimBody M.D - January 28th, 2019
- Loakhnauth Ramkishun, M.D. - Orlando HCG Diet and Weight ... - January 24th, 2019
- The Ultimate HCG Diet Plan - HCG Diet - January 20th, 2019
- HCG Diet Success Program - Lose 30-40 Lbs in Next 40 Days - December 29th, 2018
- HCG diet Coach - hCG Protocol | hCG Weight Loss - November 1st, 2018
- SAUNA-HCG Diet Indy & Weight Lose Fast - Supervision ... - July 23rd, 2018
- HCG Diet | Houston Weight Loss Clinic - July 23rd, 2018
- HCG Diet - Rapid Weight Loss Centers - May 13th, 2018
- Best HCG Drops Reviews 2018 Updated - Safe Weight Loss ... - April 28th, 2018
- HCG Diet Weight Loss Center in Everett Washington - Everett HCG Diet ... - April 11th, 2018
- 5 Best Selling HCG Diet Drops For Weight Loss: Buy The ... - April 6th, 2018
- HCG Diet Drops - HCG Diet - March 30th, 2018
- 156 HCG Diet Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss - HCG Diet - March 20th, 2018
- hCG Diet Information - Johannesburg Based Diet Weight Loss ... - February 15th, 2018
- Medical Weight Loss - Hormone Replacement Therapy and HCG ... - February 15th, 2018
- Hickory Weight Loss Medical Weight Loss using HCG ... - January 29th, 2018
- HCG Diet - Weight Loss | Body Solutions Rx Weight Loss ... - January 8th, 2018
- Everett HCG Diet | HCG Diet Weight Loss Center in Everett ... - December 25th, 2017
- hCG for Weight Loss Hendersonville TN, HCG Diet, HCG ... - December 22nd, 2017
- HCG Diet Program | Weight Loss Wilmington NC | Metro MediSpa - December 22nd, 2017
- 500 Cal diet w/HCG verses 500 Cal diet without - Weight ... - November 18th, 2017
- Hcg Diet Info - The Hcg Diet Plan Authority - Hcg Diet for ... - November 13th, 2017
- The hCG Diet Plan Dangers and Misleading Weight Loss ... - November 8th, 2017
- HCG Diet Virginia | Physician Supervised Weight Loss - October 24th, 2017
- Weight Loss Hendersonville TN, HCG Diet, Anti Aging, Diet ... - October 17th, 2017
- Review of HCG for Weight Loss: Injections and Drops - October 13th, 2017
- What is Hyperemesis Gravidarum? - Ahmedabad Mirror - September 6th, 2017
- HCG Diet Drops For Weight Loss : Everything You Should ... - September 4th, 2017
- What is hyperemesis gravidarum? Pregnant Kate Middleton again suffering rare severe morning sickness condition - Mirror.co.uk - September 4th, 2017
- The hCG Diet helped this woman lose 85 pounds, but this inspired her to keep the weight off - Yahoo Health - September 2nd, 2017
- weight loss program - Shape Magazine: Diet, fitness and ... - August 25th, 2017
- Ageless Wellness utilizes unique Ideal Protein protocol for weight loss - The Citizen.com - August 18th, 2017
- hCG Diet | hCG Protocol | hCG Weight Loss | hCG Diet ... - August 14th, 2017
- All-day morning sickness - Jamaica Observer - August 4th, 2017
- Effect of drugs on the brain ppt - Creatine kinase total serum high - The Maravi Post - July 31st, 2017
- 'There's nothing more annoying than a friend on a diet' - 9Honey - July 31st, 2017
- HCG Drops Review | (UPDATED) Diet Drops an Answer to ... - July 9th, 2017