This is the OFFICIAL Simeons Hcg Diet, phase 2 food list, taken from the original manuscript protocol. This also includes an extremely thorough guide with eating and food rules that have been fact-checked for accuracy. We have also included answers to questions asked frequently by millions of Hcg Dieters in our Hcg Diet community. In other words this is the ultimate eating guide for Hcg Dieters.
What foods can you eat on the Hcg Diet Plan? A typical days menu: Lunch: 100 grams of protein, 1 vegetable serving, 1 fruit serving and 1 starch. Dinner includes the same options as lunch. Beverages include water, coffee or tea.
Dr. Simeons allowed a very specific list of lean proteins, vegetables, fruit and carefully selected grain options. Below is theofficial list of allowed foods EXACTLY as published in Pounds and Inches.
1. BEVERAGES/DRINKS ALLOWED:
Guidelines:These beverages are permitted in any amount. Diet Sodas are not recommended, particularly those with aspartame. The allotted milk may be cow, almond, or coconut. Soy is not recommended since many people have a food sensitivity to soy.
2. SWEETENERS ALLOWED:
Guidelines: No other sweeteners are permitted on the original protocol.
3. PROTEINS ALLOWED:
Guidelines:100 grams of the above listed proteins only, at both lunch and dinner.The 100 gram portions should be carefully weighed prior to cooking, and with all visible fat must be trimmed. Dr. Simeons also states the proteins should be boiled or grilled, however modern diet experts agree all forms of preparation are acceptable (saut, stewed, etc.) as long as additional fats are not used.
4. VEGETABLES ALLOWED:
Vegetable guidelines: The original protocol does not permit mixing vegetables, and only 1 serving is allowed at a time. Some people choose to mix vegetables, while remaining within the daily calorie allowance. Complete guide to eating vegetables on the Hcg Diet.
5. FRUITS ALLOWED:
Guidelines: No additional fruits are allowed. 1 Medium apple is the appropriate size. Read more here: Complete guide to eating fruit on the Hcg Diet.
6. BREADS/GRAINS ALLOWED:
Guidelines: 1 of each are allowed at lunch and dinner. Be sure to read labels when purchasing, since some brands now add excessive ingredients with high calorie results.
This is the expanded list of foods you can eat on the original protocol with weight, portion and calories included. Learn more here: Complete Guide to the Expanded Hcg Approved Foods here.
White Fish List
This is the original HCG Diet 500 Calorie Menu, as published in Dr. Simeons manuscript, Pounds and Inches.
The 500 calorie menu includes a list of foods that are known as whole foods. These are unprocessed, in their natural state and largely focus on healthy proteins from lean meats, balanced with carbohydrates from vegetables and carefully selected fruit.
Only 2 options are available for grains, however this is not to be confused with a low carbohydrate, ketosis diet. The Hcg Diet is not a low carb diet since a significant amount of carbs are eaten through vegetables and fruit. It is not necessary to have your body in a state of ketosis, although some choose to combine an Hcg-Keto approach during Phase 2.
Organic foods are highly recommended, and no processed or prepared foods are allowed. There are additional eating tips and guidelines at the bottom of this page.
The following list are the foods that are allowed Per meal, as described by Dr. Simeons: The actual food consumption consists of lunch and dinner (no breakfast) and the following items per meal.
Beverages:Unlimited amounts of water, coffee and tea are permitted on the Hcg Diet. Only 1 tablespoon of milk is permitted each day: Organic skim milks are recommended, while almond milk (unsweetened) is also an option. Coconut milk is not recommended since it contains a good amount of sugar, although some dieters use this and still experience healthy loss rates.
Sweeteners should be limited on the Hcg Diet. Particularly sweeteners such as aspartame are not permitted, while limited amounts of the following are allowed in moderation.
Proteinsallowed on the Hcg Diet:100 grams of one of the above Hcg Diet foods are allowed at lunch and again at dinner. Fish is highly recommended as a staple on the diet, considering the lower calorie count and health benefits. All meats are to be weighed on a kitchen scale (these are available on Amazon for under $15) for accuracy, with all visible fat trimmed completely. Imitation crab is NOT an allowed Hcg diet food, since they are high in sugar and carbohydrates.
Vegetables allowed on phase 2 of the HCG Diet:One type of each vegetable at lunch and one at dinner. Originalprotocol does not allow combining vegetables (read next tip.) Calories can vary depending on the type of vegetable (for example, cherry tomatoes are 9 calories per cup, while a regular tomato is 18 calories per 100g.) Most serving sizes for vegetables are approximately 1 cup, although Dr. Simeons does not specify an allowed portion size. Read the Hcg Diet Vegetable Guide to learn more.
Mixing vegetables: Many dieters successfully combine vegetables during their Hcg Diet phase 2 and do fine. If you wish to try this, please do, but proceed with caution to avoid stalling and remember to stay within the allotted calories.
Breads/Grains allowed: Please read grissini and breadstick labels carefully. Calories can vary by brand. Restaurant breadsticks should be avoided, since some can be as high as 400 calories.1 bread stick or Melba Toast = 1 Serving regardless of what the brands label says. You areallowed 1pieceper meal. In other words, even if the box says 1 serving is 2 pieces, the protocol still allows only 1 piece per meal.
Fruitallowed on the HCG Diet: Fruit can vary greatly in calories depending on the type. 2 small apples is NOT an acceptable substitute for the daily allowed 1 apple. Please read the Hcg Diet Fruit Guide to learn more.
Additional Reading about foods and the Hcg Diet Plan:
Hcg Diet protocol in a nutshellHcg Diet High Fiber Foods
How the list is expanded beyond the foods listed in the manuscript: Some foods are added because they are fiber foods and have near-0 calories or do not impact the HCG diet in a negative way.
Food sensitivities: If you ever find a food item causing you issues or not agreeing with you, then do not eat it. Food sensitivities are often trigger foods or culprits for weight gain amongst other issues.
There is also a suggested list and in depth articles about Phase 1 FoodsandPhase 3 Foodsto help you with food choices and to make the hCG diet easier for you to do.
A note about vegetable portions and calorie counts: Vegetables can vary depending on the type and brand (I know, its surprising!) I have done my best to include the most accurate calorie and nutrition counts in this foods list, but please do you research and check the specific vegetable and brand that you are using. Read the complete Hcg Diet Vegetable Guide.
Healthiest protein options: Fish is the healthiest and most recommended protein of the Hcg foods list. Chicken is second, and beef is last. Seafood can vary in this hierarchy, depending on the specific food in question. Different types of fish offer different health and nutrition benefits. They are also often, half the calories compared to beef options.
Grissini and bread sticks: Remember that not all grissini and breadsticks are created alike. Check your labels carefully and avoid these when eating out since they can be as high as 400+ calories.
Why do we not include carbohydrates on this list? The Hcg Diet is not a low carbohydrate weight loss plan. In fact, whole carbohydrates from vegetables are encouraged, which is why there is such a long vegetable food list.
*Coffee statistics for soluble fiber: Scientific America on Coffee Research
Ask Hcg Diet coaches about eating and the approved foods list: and get answers fast. join the Hcg Diet Forums.
Are eggs allowed on the Hcg Diet list of allowed foods?
Yes, eggs are permitted. Dr. Simeons specifies that 1 whole egg, or 3 egg whites may be substituted for 1 protein serving at a meal. A great egg recipe that is POP (perfectly on protocol) would be scrambled eggs with spinach, onion flakes and the allowed 1 tablespoon of milk (optional.) Be sure to include a number of spices and himalayan salt for flavor. Franks hot sauce and tobacco are also permitted.
Can you chew gum on the Hcg Diet?
While gum is permitted, it is not recommended since the ingredients in gum can trigger food sensitivities and unnecessary hunger. For those who choose to chew gum while on Phase 2 or Phase 3, it is important to select only sugar free gum, and those without the allowed sweeteners (avoid aspartame!.) See the above food list for sweetener options.
Have a question about Eating and Foods on the Hcg Diet Plan? Feel free to ask in the Hcg Diet Forums; the largest Hcg diet community on the web with over 100,000 members and growing.
Whats the next step in getting started?
Now that you are familiar with the list of Hcg foods, its time to move on and learn about the different forms of HCG that are acceptable for the protocol:
Hcg Injections (Learn and Buy USA made, Fastest order processing)Hcg Drops (Learn and Buy real vs. fake with label pics)
HCG Diet Food List | Approved HCG Diet Foods
- Weight Management Market New Investments Expected to boost the Demand by 2025 - Apsters News - June 30th, 2020
- HCG Diet And Exercise - 3 Tips For Faster Weight Loss (in ... - May 19th, 2020
- HCG Diet - Milwaukee Medical Weight Loss & Medispa - May 19th, 2020
- FAD DIETS Are they worth your time, effort and hunger? Are they safe? Lets see. - Gizmo Posts 24 - May 13th, 2020
- Want to lose weight fast? Pick the diet that suits you best - TheHealthSite - May 6th, 2020
- What Happens in the First Week of the Carnivore Diet? - The Good Men Project - March 9th, 2020
- HCG Weight Loss Diet: What Every Woman Needs to Know About ... - February 15th, 2020
- Genuine HCG Regimen - Along the Boards - February 7th, 2020
- How These Practitioners Can Help with New Year, New You Goals - Milwaukee Magazine - January 8th, 2020
- Doctor Creates All-Natural Patch to CURB the Appetite and Maintain Weight Loss - GlobeNewswire - January 3rd, 2020
- How to Mix HCG Injections: The Ultimate Guide - Science Times - December 25th, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside Meghan Edmonds Anorexic Looking Body! - All About The Tea - December 18th, 2019
- HCG Diet Plan: Get to Know the *REAL* Hcg Diet | HCG Diet ... - October 20th, 2019
- HCG Diet Plan - Comprehensive Menu & Meal Guide (Updated 2019) - October 20th, 2019
- Weight Loss Clinics | Lose Weight Fast | hCG Weight Loss ... - October 13th, 2019
- Not Losing Weight on the HCG Diet - Part 1 - hcgchica.com - October 12th, 2019
- HCG Injections | HCG Drops | Lose 10KGs in 30 Days With ... - October 11th, 2019
- Colin F Watson - HCG Diet Expert - HCG Coaching & Online ... - October 4th, 2019
- HCG Diet | HCG Diet Information | Your HCG Diet - October 4th, 2019
- Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Utah | MD Diet Weight Loss ... - October 4th, 2019
- Benefits of hCG for Men on Testosterone Production ... - October 4th, 2019
- About HCG Diet - HCG Diet - October 2nd, 2019
- Effective & Safe Weight Loss Plan | The hCG Diet Australia - October 2nd, 2019
- Hcg Diet Average Weight Loss - How much will I lose? | HCG ... - September 7th, 2019
- How Much HCG Injections Dosage for Weight Loss ... - July 1st, 2019
- Average Weight Loss on the hCG Diet During 21 or 40 Days - June 21st, 2019
- How to Determine Your hCG Dosage for Weight Loss - June 21st, 2019
- The HCG Diet Plan | Rapid Weight Loss in Wilmington NC ... - June 5th, 2019
- HCG Diet - Soboba Medical Weight Loss Group - May 19th, 2019
- HCG Diet Recipes - HCG Weight Loss Recipes - May 19th, 2019
- How To Lose The Most Weight With The HCG Diet | Your HCG Diet - April 22nd, 2019
- The 800 Calorie HCG Diet Plan & Weight Loss - April 20th, 2019
- Boston HCG Diet - Rosy Sandhu, M.D. - HCG Weight Loss ... - March 31st, 2019
- The Right Way to Use HCG For Weight Loss (Not the HCG Diet) - March 13th, 2019
- Dr. Shauna Wright - Denver HCG Doctor - HCG Diet Denver - March 11th, 2019
- HCG and Weight Loss: What is the HCG diet protocol ... - February 7th, 2019
- HCG Weight Loss Las Vegas - TrimBody M.D - January 28th, 2019
- Loakhnauth Ramkishun, M.D. - Orlando HCG Diet and Weight ... - January 24th, 2019
- The Ultimate HCG Diet Plan - HCG Diet - January 20th, 2019
- HCG Diet Success Program - Lose 30-40 Lbs in Next 40 Days - December 29th, 2018
- HCG diet Coach - hCG Protocol | hCG Weight Loss - November 1st, 2018
- SAUNA-HCG Diet Indy & Weight Lose Fast - Supervision ... - July 23rd, 2018
- HCG Diet | Houston Weight Loss Clinic - July 23rd, 2018
- HCG Diet - Rapid Weight Loss Centers - May 13th, 2018
- Best HCG Drops Reviews 2018 Updated - Safe Weight Loss ... - April 28th, 2018
- HCG Diet Weight Loss Center in Everett Washington - Everett HCG Diet ... - April 11th, 2018
- 5 Best Selling HCG Diet Drops For Weight Loss: Buy The ... - April 6th, 2018
- HCG Diet Drops - HCG Diet - March 30th, 2018
- 156 HCG Diet Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss - HCG Diet - March 20th, 2018
- hCG Diet Information - Johannesburg Based Diet Weight Loss ... - February 15th, 2018
- Medical Weight Loss - Hormone Replacement Therapy and HCG ... - February 15th, 2018
- Hickory Weight Loss Medical Weight Loss using HCG ... - January 29th, 2018
- HCG Diet - Weight Loss | Body Solutions Rx Weight Loss ... - January 8th, 2018
- Everett HCG Diet | HCG Diet Weight Loss Center in Everett ... - December 25th, 2017
- hCG for Weight Loss Hendersonville TN, HCG Diet, HCG ... - December 22nd, 2017
- HCG Diet Program | Weight Loss Wilmington NC | Metro MediSpa - December 22nd, 2017
- 500 Cal diet w/HCG verses 500 Cal diet without - Weight ... - November 18th, 2017
- Hcg Diet Info - The Hcg Diet Plan Authority - Hcg Diet for ... - November 13th, 2017
- The hCG Diet Plan Dangers and Misleading Weight Loss ... - November 8th, 2017
- HCG Diet Virginia | Physician Supervised Weight Loss - October 24th, 2017
- Weight Loss Hendersonville TN, HCG Diet, Anti Aging, Diet ... - October 17th, 2017
- Review of HCG for Weight Loss: Injections and Drops - October 13th, 2017
- What is Hyperemesis Gravidarum? - Ahmedabad Mirror - September 6th, 2017
- HCG Diet Drops For Weight Loss : Everything You Should ... - September 4th, 2017
- What is hyperemesis gravidarum? Pregnant Kate Middleton again suffering rare severe morning sickness condition - Mirror.co.uk - September 4th, 2017
- The hCG Diet helped this woman lose 85 pounds, but this inspired her to keep the weight off - Yahoo Health - September 2nd, 2017
- weight loss program - Shape Magazine: Diet, fitness and ... - August 25th, 2017
- Ageless Wellness utilizes unique Ideal Protein protocol for weight loss - The Citizen.com - August 18th, 2017
- hCG Diet | hCG Protocol | hCG Weight Loss | hCG Diet ... - August 14th, 2017
- All-day morning sickness - Jamaica Observer - August 4th, 2017
- Effect of drugs on the brain ppt - Creatine kinase total serum high - The Maravi Post - July 31st, 2017
- 'There's nothing more annoying than a friend on a diet' - 9Honey - July 31st, 2017
- HCG Drops Review | (UPDATED) Diet Drops an Answer to ... - July 9th, 2017