Good things come in small packages and this is true in the case of nuts. These small-sized and crunchy nuts have several health benefits and are considered great mid-meal snacks. Almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts and cashews make a handful of healthy delights. But out of all the nuts, pistachios have always remained the most ignored & underrated. Pistachios, also called pista in hindi or green almond is a type of nut, which comes from a deciduous tree said to have originated from Central Asia, though it has been found growing in many parts of Asia including India and Pakistan.
Pistachios are rich in protein, fiber, vitamin B6, potassium and antioxidants. A 1-ounce serving of pistachios that is about 49 kernels contains;
72 grams of protein
7 gms of carbs
85 gms of fat
3 gms of fiber
Studies reveal that even the shells of pistachios have a considerable amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize the free radicals, which form in the body after cellular metabolism & increase the risk of problems like cancer & heart disease.
Eating pistachios regularly can decrease the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body. The antioxidants, phytosterols & unsaturated fatty acids are vital for promoting a healthy heart. The pistachios are also a powerful source of an amino acid called l-arginine that prevents the hardening of arteries & formation of blood clots.
In diabetics, the antioxidants present in pista helps in reducing the process of glycation i.e. when sugars form wrong bonds with proteins, making them unusable. As per studies, it also controls blood sugar levels & blood pressure.
Pistachios have carotenoid antioxidants like lutein & zeaxanthin. These antioxidants are very helpful in reducing the risk of contracting an age-related macular disease in the old people, according to a study.
Pistachios help in improving immunity because of the rich source of vitamin B6 present in them. These nuts help in building a strong immune system and also protects the body against different infections.
Pistachios are the best choice of people who are dieting. Pistachios have low calories, high protein, low saturated fat & high unsaturated fats and thus is perfect for weight management. Many researchers have confirmed its weight management properties.
Another great benefit of pistachios is that they are a good source of dietary fiber that helps in smooth digestion. People who have problem in digestion must eat pistachios regularly.
Pistachios contain high copper content that helps in the higher absorption of iron in the body from various food sources. This can help fight problems like anemia as the hemoglobin count rises & increases blood flow.
Good amount of vitamin E in pistachios helps in promoting eye health & also in improving eye vision. It contains carotenoids that protect eyes from macular degeneration & cataract.
Pistachios help in reducing dryness from the skin. Healthy fatty acid content plays an important role in this aspect. The fat also works as a good carrier or base oil as it is used as an ingredient in traditional therapies such as aromatherapy & traditional massage therapy.
The vitamin E present in pistachios helps in protecting the skin from UV damage and also delays the signs of premature aging. The copper in pistachios supports the production of elastin that prevents the formation of wrinkles & treats sagging skin.
Pistachios are easily available in market and you can also buy then online at amazon and flipkart. Price of pistachios in India is Rs.900 per kg.
To conclude, pistachios are delicious, versatile & fun to eat. Adding pistachios in your diet is a great way to improve overall health.
- Global Weight Loss and Weight Management Diets Market Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast to 2026 - Express Journal - July 7th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 7th, 2020
- Biomega Unveils Whitepaper on Role of Salmon Peptides in Supporting Cardiovascular Health - Pet Business Magazine - July 7th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How will the pandemic and lockdown change us? - World Economic Forum - July 7th, 2020
- Dom Sibley inspired to lose weight by work ethic of senior England players - The Guardian - July 7th, 2020
- What Is The Sirtfood DietAnd Can It Help You Lose Weight? - Pulse Nigeria - July 7th, 2020
- GPs in the UK could soon get paid to send obese patients to slimming classes - Mirror Online - July 7th, 2020
- All You Need To Know About Circuit Training Diet and Eating Right - Femina - July 7th, 2020
- Intermittent Fasting: All You Need to Know - Techstory - July 7th, 2020
- New NICE indicators are interesting because they are likely to make it into QOF - Pulse - July 7th, 2020
- MON AM News: UW-Madison to test if persons significant other helps their weight loss process; Holiday weekend brings record COVID-19 cases -... - July 6th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Projected to be Resilient by 2026 - Jewish Life News - July 6th, 2020
- Trending: Weight Loss and Weight Management Product Market Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast to 2026 | Atkins... - July 6th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Weight Management Supplements Market to Witness Amway, Nestle SA, Herbalife, Abbott Nutrition, Atkins, Glanbia,... - July 6th, 2020
- 5 Potential opponents for Sage Northcutts return to the ONE Circle - Sportskeeda - July 6th, 2020
- 6 Reasons Learning to Swim Can Be Highly Useful - Swimming World Magazine - July 6th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Segmented Data by Top Companies and Opportunities 2020-2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Thrive Patch for Weight Loss? Here's Everything You Need to Know - Health Writeups - July 6th, 2020
- Exclusive: Taapsee Pannu's Nutritionist shares about acid reflux and the RIGHT way to treat it - PINKVILLA - July 6th, 2020
- Mobile Streams tries its arm at an SaaS offering - Proactive Investors UK - July 6th, 2020
- Swimming makes you hungrier and likely to eat more at the next meal: New research - The Jakarta Post - Jakarta Post - July 6th, 2020
- CardieX strengthens partnership and collaboration deal with US-based inHealth Medical - Proactive Investors Australia - July 6th, 2020
- City Briefs: Filtronic; OptiBiotix; and more | TheBusinessDesk.com - The Business Desk - July 6th, 2020
- Trimming the Fat: Weight Loss Strategies for the Overweight Horse - United States Eventing Association - June 20th, 2020
- Global Weight Loss Supplements Market Size, Analytical Overview, Growth Factors, Demand, Trends And Forecast To 2026 - Medic Insider - June 20th, 2020
- Novo Nordisk successfully completes AM833 phase 2 trial and phase 1 combination trial with AM833 and semaglutide in obesity - GlobeNewswire - June 20th, 2020
- Weight Management Supplements Market To Witness the Highest Growth Globally in Coming Years 2020-2025 - Galus Australis - June 20th, 2020
- Herd health can be improved Wyoming Livestock Roundup - Wyoming Livestock Roundup - June 20th, 2020
- The Alkaline Diet: Is There Evidence That It Benefits Our Health? - Discover Magazine - June 20th, 2020
- Obalon Announces First Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Business Update - GlobeNewswire - June 20th, 2020
- If You've Got $5,000 to Invest, These 5 Top Stocks Are the Real Deal - Motley Fool - June 20th, 2020
- 10 Pieces of Kit That Will Help You Drop Weight and Gain Muscle at Home - Men's health UK - June 20th, 2020
- Trending News: Weight Control Market Overview and Competitive Landscape 2020 to 2025: Abbott Nutrition, Bio-Synergy, Ajinomoto - Cole of Duty - June 20th, 2020
- Functional Carbohydrates Market to Exhibit Rapid Surge in Consumption in the COVID-19 Crisis - 3rd Watch News - June 20th, 2020
- Whale-watching boat noise found to disrupt mother and calf resting times - The Guardian - June 20th, 2020
- Future of Weight Management Reviewed in a New Study Medic Report - Medic Insider - June 19th, 2020
- Sales of Weight Loss Services to Accelerate from Key End use Industries Buoyed By High Demand During COVID 19 Pandemic - Cole of Duty - June 19th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2020-2026 - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- If you think you can eat salads to lose weight, read this! - Times of India - June 19th, 2020
- 'Why I Opened The First LGBTQ Gym In The Nation' - Women's Health - June 19th, 2020
- Xeris Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Topline Results from the Phase 2 Comparative Study of a Novel Pramlintide-insulin Co-formulation (XP-3924) in... - June 19th, 2020
- International Yoga Day 2020: Yoga asanas PM Modi swears by and how you can do them - TheHealthSite - June 19th, 2020
- Functional Food Ingredients Market Analysis, Growth by Top Companies, Trends by Types and Application, Forecast up to 2027 - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- The GOLO Diet: What it is and can it help with weight loss? - TODAY - June 18th, 2020
- Global Weight Management Beverages Market 2020 with (Covid-19) Impact Analysis: Growth, Latest Trend Analysis and Forecast 2026 - Flagler Times - June 18th, 2020
- NeonMind Files Patent Application for Therapeutic Use of DMT - Yahoo Finance - June 18th, 2020
- Drink This Kadi Patta (Curry Leaf) Juice Every Morning To Promote Weight Loss And Detox - NDTV Food - June 18th, 2020
- Why WW International Stock Jumped Today - The Motley Fool - June 18th, 2020
- Health Experts Explain the Link Between Chronic Illness and Healthy Eating - Prevention.com - June 18th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Diet Management Market 2020-2025: by Key Manufacturers with Countries, Type, Application and Forecast Till 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 18th, 2020
- Theres A New Fermented, Zero Calories Sugar On The Market (and It Actually Tastes Like Real Sugar) - Forbes - June 18th, 2020
- Global Minimally Invasive Weight Loss (Bariatric) Devices 2020 Industry Analysis, Segments, Value Chain and Key Trends 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 18th, 2020
- Body Fat Measurement Market to witness major growth in coming years - Cole of Duty - June 18th, 2020
- Global Weight Control Supplements Market 2020 Business Outlook with COVID-19 Scenario Analysis and Forecast 2026 - Weekly Wall - June 18th, 2020
- Trending 2020 Report on Corporate Wellness Management Market Share, Growth, Demand, Trends, Region Wise Analysis of Top Players and Forecasts - Cole... - June 18th, 2020
- Family News & Events - The Irish Catholic - June 18th, 2020
- Benefits of Vakrasana: Do this yoga asana to lower blood sugar levels, tone your tummy and thighs - Times Now - June 18th, 2020
- How To Eat Mangoes For Breakfast: Recipes, Tips And Tricks - NDTV Food - June 18th, 2020
- Nine ways these playoffs could wildly reshape the NBA - ESPN - June 18th, 2020
- How to live longer: A drink to reduce the risk of cancer and boost life expectancy - Express - June 18th, 2020
- Eating as a family helps maintain healthy weight - The Star Online - June 18th, 2020
- COVID-19 can lead to obesity in kids: Here are some effective weight loss yoga asanas for children - TheHealthSite - June 9th, 2020
- Why it's so difficult to lose weight: The hard truths - CNET - June 9th, 2020
- Eating Disorders During COVID-19: Helping Patients Navigate the Crisis - Psychiatry Advisor - June 9th, 2020
- What products were among those marketed with the most outrageous claims of all time? - USA TODAY - June 9th, 2020
- Keeping an open nose in the hatchery - The Poultry Site - June 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 - Cole of... - June 9th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast 2026 -... - June 9th, 2020
- Engaging in family meals helps to improve eating habits - Yahoo News - June 9th, 2020
- Karyopharm Announces Dosing of First Patient in a Phase 1/2 Study of Selinexor in Combination with Standard of Care Therapy for Patients with Newly... - June 9th, 2020
- Rapid Nutrition Awarded Innovation Connections Grant from Australian Government to Support Development of New Cold and Flu Therapy - GlobeNewswire - June 9th, 2020
- Healthy family meals start with healthy communication, study suggests - The Indian Express - June 9th, 2020
- Association between obesity and abnormal Papanicolau(Pap) smear cytology results in a resource-poor Nigerian setting - BMC Blogs Network - June 9th, 2020
- Demand for Weight Loss Services Market to Soar in the Coming Years in Top Regional Markets Medic Report - Medic Insider - June 9th, 2020
- Here's the official list of businesses reopening during Stage 2 in Ontario - blogTO - June 9th, 2020
- Peanuts for Weight Loss: Are They Beneficial? - Healthline - June 8th, 2020
- Examining The Effects Of The Mediterranean Diet On Weight Management - Longevity LIVE - June 8th, 2020
- Weight Management Appears To Improve In Time by 2026 - Surfacing Magazine - June 8th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Product Market 2019 Break Down by Top Companies, Countries, Applications, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast... - June 8th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Size 2020 Application, Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Worldwide Forecast to 2025 - Cole of Duty - June 8th, 2020