Good things come in small packages and this is true in the case of nuts. These small-sized and crunchy nuts have several health benefits and are considered great mid-meal snacks. Almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts and cashews make a handful of healthy delights. But out of all the nuts, pistachios have always remained the most ignored & underrated. Pistachios, also called pista in hindi or green almond is a type of nut, which comes from a deciduous tree said to have originated from Central Asia, though it has been found growing in many parts of Asia including India and Pakistan.
Pistachios are rich in protein, fiber, vitamin B6, potassium and antioxidants. A 1-ounce serving of pistachios that is about 49 kernels contains;
72 grams of protein
7 gms of carbs
85 gms of fat
3 gms of fiber
Studies reveal that even the shells of pistachios have a considerable amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize the free radicals, which form in the body after cellular metabolism & increase the risk of problems like cancer & heart disease.
Eating pistachios regularly can decrease the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body. The antioxidants, phytosterols & unsaturated fatty acids are vital for promoting a healthy heart. The pistachios are also a powerful source of an amino acid called l-arginine that prevents the hardening of arteries & formation of blood clots.
In diabetics, the antioxidants present in pista helps in reducing the process of glycation i.e. when sugars form wrong bonds with proteins, making them unusable. As per studies, it also controls blood sugar levels & blood pressure.
Pistachios have carotenoid antioxidants like lutein & zeaxanthin. These antioxidants are very helpful in reducing the risk of contracting an age-related macular disease in the old people, according to a study.
Pistachios help in improving immunity because of the rich source of vitamin B6 present in them. These nuts help in building a strong immune system and also protects the body against different infections.
Pistachios are the best choice of people who are dieting. Pistachios have low calories, high protein, low saturated fat & high unsaturated fats and thus is perfect for weight management. Many researchers have confirmed its weight management properties.
Another great benefit of pistachios is that they are a good source of dietary fiber that helps in smooth digestion. People who have problem in digestion must eat pistachios regularly.
Pistachios contain high copper content that helps in the higher absorption of iron in the body from various food sources. This can help fight problems like anemia as the hemoglobin count rises & increases blood flow.
Good amount of vitamin E in pistachios helps in promoting eye health & also in improving eye vision. It contains carotenoids that protect eyes from macular degeneration & cataract.
Pistachios help in reducing dryness from the skin. Healthy fatty acid content plays an important role in this aspect. The fat also works as a good carrier or base oil as it is used as an ingredient in traditional therapies such as aromatherapy & traditional massage therapy.
The vitamin E present in pistachios helps in protecting the skin from UV damage and also delays the signs of premature aging. The copper in pistachios supports the production of elastin that prevents the formation of wrinkles & treats sagging skin.
Pistachios are easily available in market and you can also buy then online at amazon and flipkart. Price of pistachios in India is Rs.900 per kg.
To conclude, pistachios are delicious, versatile & fun to eat. Adding pistachios in your diet is a great way to improve overall health.
- Global Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Growth, Insights Analysis, Forecasts to 2025 GSK (GlaxoSmithKline), Nutrisystem, Atkins Nutritionals,... - December 3rd, 2019
- Weight loss: Top snacks to help you shape up revealed - which has fewest calories? - Express - December 3rd, 2019
- What Is The Best Time To Eat Dinner To Avoid Weight Gain? Here's The Answer Revealed - Doctor NDTV - December 3rd, 2019
- Latest Research | Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market 2019 Growth, Share Analysis and Business Strategy By Top players : Ajinomoto Co. Inc.,... - December 3rd, 2019
- Massive growth of Weight Loss and Weight Management Market 2019: Major Players- GSK (GlaxoSmithKline), Nutrisystem, Atkins Nutritionals, Vivus,... - December 3rd, 2019
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Analysis by Top Companies, Driver, Existing Trends and Global Forecast by 2026 - The Market Publicist - December 3rd, 2019
- Weight Loss And Diet Management Products And Services Market Emerging Trends and Global Demands 2019 to 2025 - The Chicago Sentinel - December 3rd, 2019
- Weight Management Packaged Food Market, by Segmentation: Based on Product, Application and Region 2018 to 2028 - Space Market Research - December 3rd, 2019
- How to use chia seed water for weight loss - The Indian Express - December 3rd, 2019
- Exhaustive Study on Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market 2019-2028 Potentially Growing Significant Business Opportunities with Top Companies -... - December 3rd, 2019
- DietDemand Experts Advise on Best Weight Control Practices Over Thanksgiving Weekend - StreetInsider.com - November 29th, 2019
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Introduces New Book by World-Renowned Weight Management Expert - Newswise - November 29th, 2019
- Global Weight Management Market 2025: Top Competitive Players Herbalife International, Inc., NutriSystem, Inc., Weight Watchers International, Inc. -... - November 29th, 2019
- BioCorRx on growth fast-track with robust pipeline, programs for substance use recovery, weight loss - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - November 29th, 2019
- Kindred Biosciences Receives FDA Approval of Zimeta(TM) (dipyrone injection) for the Control of Pyrexia in Horses - P&T Community - November 29th, 2019
- DA Davidson Weighs in on Weight Watchers International, Inc.s Q4 2019 Earnings (NASDAQ:WW) - TechNewsObserver - November 29th, 2019
- How Jamun seeds can be helpful in controlling diabetes - Times of India - November 29th, 2019
- Six low-carb yet tasty breakfast options you should try - NewsBytes - November 29th, 2019
- For Long Term Weight Loss, Focus On Healthy Habits Not Numbers - NPR - November 29th, 2019
- DietDemand Experts Advise on Best Weight Control Practices Over Thanksgiving Weekend - Financialbuzz.com - November 27th, 2019
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Changing Market Trends, New Business Opportunities Analysis and Forecast with Revenue Growth 2019-2025 -... - November 27th, 2019
- Digbi Health's Gut Biome and DNA-Based Weight Loss and Diabetes Management Program Launches with Blue Shield of California - PRNewswire - November 27th, 2019
- Weight Loss Most Likely to Improve -Cell Function in Patients With Obesity, IFG - Endocrinology Advisor - November 27th, 2019
- Weight Management Market Changing Market Trends, New Business Opportunities Analysis and Forecast with Revenue Growth 2019-2025 - Markets Gazette 24 - November 27th, 2019
- Yes, you can avoid weight gain over the holidays! - Harvard Health Blog - Harvard Health - November 27th, 2019
- Carlsbad wrestlers Najera and Fuentes share Thanksgiving diets - Carlsbad Current Argus - November 27th, 2019
- Quick Weight Loss: 6 Easy Ways To Naturally Eat Less Without Feeling Starved - Doctor NDTV - November 27th, 2019
- Kindred Biosciences Receives FDA Approval of Zimeta (dipyrone injection) for the Control of Pyrexia in Horses - TheHorse.com - November 27th, 2019
- Weight Management Market to Develop Rapidly by 2017 to 2026 - Space Market Research - November 27th, 2019
- Global Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Insights, Future Scope, Business Opportunities, Growth Analysis And Industry Outlook 2028 - Industry... - November 27th, 2019
- What The Advance Of CWD Means For Wisconsin's Elk - WisContext - November 27th, 2019
- Global Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Business Tactics, Company Profile & Growth Forecast Till 2028 - Industry Planning - November 27th, 2019
- Heart attack: Doing this exercise for less than an hour a week may slash your risk - Express - November 27th, 2019
- With A Rebrand And A New App, Will WW International Rebound In 2020? - The Motley Fool - November 23rd, 2019
- Medifast: Gaining Profits from Losing Weight - Moneyshow.com - November 23rd, 2019
- 'This Is Us': Toby Just Took the Weight Loss Thing Too Far, and Fans Can't Take It - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 23rd, 2019
- Turnips: Nutrition, Calories, and Benefits - Healthline - November 23rd, 2019
- Include chickpea to your breakfast to lose weight quickly - Times of India - November 23rd, 2019
- Fat-shaming obese people will not help them lose weight. Here is what experts want you to know - TODAYonline - November 23rd, 2019
- Body Shape Management Market Outlooks, Future Forecasts, Key players , and Competitive Analysis 2025 | Herbalife, Weight Watchers, ICON Health &... - November 23rd, 2019
- Obesity Management in People with Diabetes - National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) - November 21st, 2019
- Weight management market anlysis 2019-2026 | Evaluation of Recent Industry Developments and Opportunity Assessment - The Chicago Sentinel - November 21st, 2019
- Monitoring Weight in Patients With Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Treated With Ibrutinib - Cancer Therapy Advisor - November 21st, 2019
- How to protect yourself from chronic wasting disease in deer - PennLive - November 21st, 2019
- Not Just Weight Loss Intermittent Fasting Can Help You Lead Longer, Healthier Life Too; Know Other Health Benefits Of Following This Diet - NDTV News - November 21st, 2019
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Diets Market Global Production, Growth, Share, Demand and Applications Forecast to 2025 - Statsflash - November 21st, 2019
- Keto Diet For Weight Loss: This Diet May Help You Fight Flu As Well, Says Study; Know Other Amazing Health Benefits Of Keto Diet - Doctor NDTV - November 21st, 2019
- Sipping water throughout the day is the key for weight loss, says new research - Wales Online - November 21st, 2019
- Boiling or steaming: Which method is better to cook veggies? - Times of India - November 21st, 2019
- The Latest Weight Loss Pills That WorkAnd the Ones That Don't - msnNOW - November 17th, 2019
- If You Do Intermittent Fasting, Here's What Doctors Suggest If You're Not Losing Weight - POPSUGAR - November 17th, 2019
- Grant will explore low vision's impact on healthy lifestyle behaviors - UAB News - November 17th, 2019
- Sipping water throughout the day is the key for weight loss, says new research - MyLondon - November 17th, 2019
- Three north country residents honored at 'Health Hero' luncheon - NNY360 - November 17th, 2019
- Elderly should be 'offered weight loss surgery to help control diabetes' - inews - November 17th, 2019
- Weight Management: Get Helpful Tips - November 9th, 2019
- CentraCare Weight Management | Central Minnesota Weight Loss - October 4th, 2019
- Weight Management at Stormont Vail Health : Personalized Plan ... - October 4th, 2019
- Weight Management Center - Gatewood | Wake Forest Baptist Health - October 4th, 2019
- Weight management - Health and wellbeing - October 2nd, 2019
- Weight Management - Metro Health Hospital - September 14th, 2019
- Weight Management At The University Of Kansas Health System - July 12th, 2019
- New Jersey Weight Loss Surgery | RWJBarnabas Health - June 2nd, 2019
- Weight Loss Programs | Nebraska Weight Management Institute - May 21st, 2019
- Weight Management - Terrebonne General Medical Center - May 20th, 2019
- Weight Management - UChicago Medicine - May 19th, 2019
- Jersey Medical Weight Loss Center: Weight Loss Physicians ... - May 17th, 2019
- Carolina Weight Loss Institute - April 30th, 2019
- Advanced Medical Weight Loss & Wellness Center in Las ... - April 10th, 2019
- Weight Management - Fort HealthCare - April 10th, 2019
- Achieve Your Goals with This Weight Management Checklist ... - April 6th, 2019
- Nurse-Led Weight Management Programs - ausmed.com - March 21st, 2019
- Essay on The Importance of Weight Management - 594 Words - March 21st, 2019
- Weight Management - Regional Health Orthopedic & Specialty ... - March 8th, 2019
- Weight Management - MedicineNet - February 9th, 2019
- CORE Weight Management - Wellness Pet Food - January 29th, 2019
- Parkinson's Foundation: Better Lives. Together. - January 23rd, 2019
- Weight Management | Summit Medical Group - January 23rd, 2019
- Weight Management Services - umms.org - January 23rd, 2019
- Weight Management Program - The LIFT - January 23rd, 2019