AMRYT PHARMA PLC
(Amryt or the Company)
Exercise of Options and Total Voting Rights
DUBLIN, Ireland, and Boston MA, October 1 2020, Amryt (Nasdaq: AMYT, AIM: AMYT), a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat patients suffering from serious and life-threatening rare diseases, announces that the company has issued 72,953 ordinary shares of 0.06 each (Ordinary Shares) from treasury following the exercise of options by a former employee.
Following the issue from treasury the issued share capital of the Company comprises 167,593,296 Ordinary Shares. The Company holds 4,791,703 Ordinary Shares in treasury. Therefore, the total number of voting rights in the Company is 162,801,593.This figure may be used by shareholders as the denominator for the calculation by which they will determine if they are required to notify their interest in, or a change to their interest in, the Company under the FCAs Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules. The Company also has in issue 8,966,520 zero cost warrants.
Rory Nealon, CFO/COO
LifeSci Advisors, LLC
Consilium Strategic Communications
Amryt is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering innovative new treatments to help improve the lives of patients with rare and orphan diseases. Amryt comprises a strong and growing portfolio of commercial and development assets.
Amryts commercial business comprises two orphan disease products.
Juxtapid/ Lojuxta (lomitapide) is approved as an adjunct to a low-fat diet and other lipid-lowering medicinal products for adults with the rare cholesterol disorder, Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolaemia ("HoFH") in the US, Canada, Columbia, Argentina and Japan (under the trade name Juxtapid) and in the EU (under the trade name Lojuxta). HoFH is a rare genetic disorder which impairs the body's ability to remove low density lipoprotein ("LDL") cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol) from the blood, typically leading to abnormally high blood LDL cholesterol levels in the body from before birth - often ten times more than people without HoFH - and subsequent aggressive and premature cardiovascular disease.
Myalept / Myalepta (metreleptin) is approved in the US (under the trade name Myalept) as an adjunct to diet as replacement therapy to treat the complications of leptin deficiency in patients with congenital or acquired generalized lipodystrophy (GL) and in the EU (under the trade name Myalepta) for the treatment of leptin deficiency in patients with congenital or acquired GL in adults and children two years of age and above and familial or acquired partial lipodystrophy (PL) in adults and children 12 years of age and above for whom standard treatments have failed to achieve adequate metabolic control. Metreleptin is also approved for lipodystrophy in Japan. Generalised and partial lipodystrophy are rare disorders characterised by loss or lack of adipose tissue resulting in the deficiency of the hormone leptin, produced by fat cells and are associated with severe metabolic abnormalities including severe insulin resistance, diabetes, hypertriglyceridemia and fatty liver disease.
Amryt's lead development candidate, FILSUVEZ is a potential treatment for the cutaneous manifestations of EB, a rare and distressing genetic skin disorder affecting young children and adults for which there is currently no approved treatment. In September 2020, Amryt reported positive top line results from its pivotal global phase 3 trial of FILSUVEZ in EB. The primary endpoint of the trial was met (p-value = 0.013). FILSUVEZ has been granted Rare Pediatric Disease Designation and has also received a Fast Track Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The global market opportunity for EB is estimated by the Company to be in excess of $1.0 billion.
In March 2018, Amryt in-licenced a preclinical gene-therapy platform technology, AP103, which offers a potential treatment for patients with Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa, a subset of EB, and is also potentially relevant to other genetic disorders.
For more information on Amryt, including products, please visitwww.amrytpharma.com.
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014.
The person making this notification on behalf of Amryt is Rory Nealon, CFO/COO and Company Secretary.
Financial AdvisorsShore Capital (EdwardMansfield, Daniel Bush, John More) are NOMAD and Joint Broker to Amryt in the UK. Stifel (Ben Maddison) are Joint Broker to the company in the UK. Davy (John Frain, Daragh OReilly) act as Joint Broker to the company.
Forward-Looking Statements Statements in this announcement with respect to Amryt's business, strategies, timing for completion of and announcing results from the EASE trial, the potential impact of closing enrollment in the EASE trial, as well as other statements that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements involving risks and uncertainties which could cause the actual results to differ materially from such statements. Statements containing the words "expect", "anticipate", "intends", "plan", "estimate", "aim", "forecast", "project" and similar expressions (or their negative) identify certain of these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this announcement are based on numerous assumptions and Amryt's present and future business strategies and the environment in which Amryt expects to operate in the future. Forward-looking statements involve inherent known and unknown risks, uncertainties and contingencies because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur in the future and may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance or the ability to identify and consummate investments. Many of these risks and uncertainties relate to factors that are beyond each of Amryt's ability to control or estimate precisely, such as future market conditions, the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, currency fluctuations, the behaviour of other market participants, the outcome of clinical trials, the actions of regulators and other factors such as Amryt's ability to obtain financing, changes in the political, social and regulatory framework in which Amryt operates or in economic, technological or consumer trends or conditions. Past performance should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results, and no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding future performance. No person is under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained in this announcement or to provide the recipient of it with access to any additional relevant information that may arise in connection with it. Such forward-looking statements reflect the Companys current beliefs and assumptions and are based on information currently available to management.
Go here to read the rest:
Exercise of Options and Total Voting Rights London Stock Exchange:AMYT - GlobeNewswire
- Esperion Launches U.S. Direct-to-Consumer Campaign to Accelerate Awareness of NEXLETOL (bempedoic acid) Tablets and Increase Awareness of Bad... - October 4th, 2020
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Was Reportedly Hospitalized After Ingesting a Combo of Diet Pills and Caffeine - Cosmopolitan - October 4th, 2020
- I Exercise to Celebrate My Body Instead of Punishing It, and I'm Much Happier For It - POPSUGAR - October 4th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of garlic and how much to add to your diet - Business Insider India - October 4th, 2020
- Is your weight loss diet giving you a headache? Heres what you need to know - PINKVILLA - October 4th, 2020
- The Healthiest Way to Eat to Prevent Disease, Says a Cardiologist - The Beet - October 4th, 2020
- Cardiovascular disease the leading cause of death for women in Singapore last year - The Straits Times - October 4th, 2020
- This Is What a Keto-Friendly Costco Haul Looks Like for Briana and Ryan Culberson - Bravo - October 4th, 2020
- The OMAD diet for weight loss: Everything you need to know - 7NEWS.com.au - September 28th, 2020
- 8 Foods and Beverages to Avoid with Arthritis - Healthline - September 28th, 2020
- PCOS And Infertility: Here's What You Need To Know - NDTV Doctor - September 28th, 2020
- Victoria Beckham: Everything I do in a day from my skincare regime to my diet and exercise - Telegraph.co.uk - September 28th, 2020
- Four Women Reveal Their Horror Stories of Teddi Mellencamp's 'All In by Teddi' Diet - The Daily Beast - September 28th, 2020
- Dieting: Weighing the good and bad - The New Times - September 28th, 2020
- The Future of Cancer Treatment - NewsPatrolling - September 28th, 2020
- The breakfast snack to help you live longer and avoid heart disease symptoms - Express - September 28th, 2020
- SRMC doctor offers suggestions for Women's Health Day - The-review - September 25th, 2020
- Keeping COVID at bay - Mountain Xpress - September 25th, 2020
- Can You Boost Your Metabolism? Here's What the Science Says - Discover Magazine - September 25th, 2020
- Cracking the code to live your best life: Canadian DNA testing companies, dnaPower and Inagene, partner to unlock true personalized health through... - September 25th, 2020
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja calls PCOS the bane of my life, shares 3 tips with fans on how to combat it in... - Hindustan Times - September 25th, 2020
- Try this diet combination with side planks, it will reduce belly fat fast - Pledge Times - Pledge Times - September 25th, 2020
- 17 Best Protein Powders of 2020: Whey, Casein, and Plant-Based - Greatist - September 25th, 2020
- Morning vs. Evening: Whats a better time to exercise to lose weight? - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- A man in the US dies of consuming excessive mulethi (licorine). Know how much is too much - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- Dr. Anthony Fauci addresses why COVID-19 has severely hurt the... - Hays Free Press - September 25th, 2020
- What is the Dukan diet: the extreme diet Kate Middleton followed to lose weight before her wedding - RSVP Live - September 25th, 2020
- Dietitian reveals how to naturally detox your body - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- Menopause Diet Tips: Know What To Eat And Avoid To Reduce Symptoms - NDTV Doctor - September 25th, 2020
- The vegetable you should AVOID or risk deadly high blood pressure - are you at risk? - Express - September 25th, 2020
- Immunity Tips: 5 Simple Tips To Strengthen Your Immune Function - NDTV - September 25th, 2020
- Three of the best exercises to lower your risk of a deadly heart attack - Express - September 25th, 2020
- The strange case of the man who died after eating too much licorice - East Idaho News - September 25th, 2020
- Omarion Reveals What He Eats in a Day to Stay Shredded - menshealth.com - September 23rd, 2020
- How to live longer: The lifestyle habits that may add at least six years to your life - Express - September 23rd, 2020
- Heres how healthy behaviour, diet and exercise in one partner affects healthy habits of other partner... - Hindustan Times - September 23rd, 2020
- Struggling To Lose Weight? This MD Says Knowing Your "Weight Loss Type" Will Help - mindbodygreen.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Luxor Sayville on the CICO Diet and if It Can Work for You - Long Island, NY Patch - Patch.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Belly fat linked to early death, study finds - ABC17News.com - September 23rd, 2020
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Including a certain exercise in your day may burn the fat - Express - September 23rd, 2020
- Dear Dietitian: Examining the connection between syndrome and diabetes - Nueces County Record Star - September 23rd, 2020
- Local Doctors Using Breakthrough Treatments, Pain Management Education to Help Chronic Pain Sufferers Through the Pandemic - Woodlands Online - September 23rd, 2020
- Dr. DeAun Nelson Wants to Change How We Think About Weight and Health Care - Willamette Week - September 23rd, 2020
- How to Create and Maintain Good Habits Even When You Lose Motivation - WTNZ - September 23rd, 2020
- Excellent sources of protein for those on a vegan diet - The Indian Express - September 23rd, 2020
- This Is the Weight-Loss Program That Actually Worked for LIVESTRONG.com Readers Across the Country - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 23rd, 2020
- Reduce the Risk of Developing Dementia - City News Group, Inc - September 23rd, 2020
- Hot baths and saunas: Beneficial for your heart? - Harvard Health - Harvard Health - September 23rd, 2020
- Did you know? 5 surprising things that can trigger a heart attack; steps to keep you fit and healthy - Times Now - September 23rd, 2020
- VIDEO: Three simple steps to better digestive health that you can take today - Press and Journal - September 23rd, 2020
- Why you should not take whey protein at night? - TheHealthSite - September 23rd, 2020
- Study: Twist On Traditional Mediterranean Diet May Be Ideal For Cardiovascular Health - CBS Miami - September 20th, 2020
- Exercise and diet are more important than ever with the coronavirus at large - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - September 20th, 2020
- 7 Heart Healthy Tips for Your 30s to Prevent High Blood Pressure - Healthline - September 20th, 2020
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Teddi Gets Emotional Talking Diet Plan Backlash - Screen Rant - September 20th, 2020
- Dr. Fauci: 3 everyday things you can do to help boost your immune system - CNBC - September 20th, 2020
- Colon and Rectal Cancer Can Be a Reality For Gen-X, Millennials, and Gen-Z - Curetoday.com - September 20th, 2020
- Briana and Ryan Culberson Have Lost 150 Pounds on the Keto Diet - Bravo - September 20th, 2020
- High blood pressure: Be aware of the salty six if you want to lower your reading - Express - September 20th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of having pulses in your daily diet - NEWS HEADS - September 20th, 2020
- Metabolic syndrome, which increases the risk of heart disease, affects one in two seniors here - The Straits Times - September 20th, 2020
- Fitness secrets from Ayurveda - Times of India - September 8th, 2020
- How Halle Berry Is More Fit and Stunning Than Ever: Her Diet, Fitness, Beauty Tips and Tricks! - KVUE.com - September 8th, 2020
- How to live longer - the very best exercise to add years onto your lifespan - Express - September 8th, 2020
- A doctor's open apology to those fighting overweight and obesity - The Wilton Bulletin - September 8th, 2020
- Plant-based diets shine when looking at the gut microbiome - Contemporary Pediatrics - September 8th, 2020
- The Long Con: Martin Wachter on how he got in shape through diet and exercise - CalvinAyre.com - September 8th, 2020
- Why the first three weeks of a diet are crucial, according to new study - 9Coach - September 8th, 2020
- Horoscope today: Here are the astrological predictions for September 09 - Mumbai Mirror - September 8th, 2020
- The secret to Randy Arozarenas rise with Rays? Chicken and rice - Tampa Bay Times - September 8th, 2020
- The Worst Ab Workout Mistakes and How to Fix Them - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 8th, 2020
- Heart attack prevention: The best lifestyle to reduce your risk of a heart attack - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Surviving COVID-19 Together - Pain News Network - September 8th, 2020
- Best supplements for high blood pressure - the 99p capsules to avoid deadly hypertension - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Chadwick Boseman's death is tragic. Here's what you need to know about colon cancer. - Big Think - September 8th, 2020
- Here are five foods that can help regulate blood sugar or prevent type 2 diabetes - Times Now - September 8th, 2020
- Lose weight with the worlds top 10 diets from keto to Slimming World - The Sun - September 8th, 2020
- Lifestyle choices can reduce the risk of chronic kidney disease - Tennis World USA - September 8th, 2020
- National Nutrition Week 2020: 8 simple tips to stay healthy and fit - The Indian Express - September 8th, 2020
- How to take the best poop, according to science - Business Insider - Business Insider - September 8th, 2020