Exclusive Interview with Dr. Zainab Mogul-Ashraf (Dr. Z) of Hebe Medical SpaInterview and Photography by Maxwell Alexander
Maxwell: Thank you for the interview opportunity and an amazing photoshoot, Dr. Z! I must say you are a natural when it comes to modeling. Great job! Please tell us a little bit about yourself and how did the idea of Hebe Medical Spa manifest in your life.
Dr. Z: Well thank you! We have done a few photoshoots the last couple of years and I can say I definitely feel more comfortable with it now! Not so much in the beginning.
I am an internist and I have always been interested in aesthetics, beauty, and fashion. I grew up with 3 sisters and we always played with makeup and were always interested in skincare. I also found great satisfaction in helping people feel better about their appearance and felt getting into aesthetics was a natural progression for me. I felt my training as an internist led med to look at the body as a whole and focus on wellness and beauty from the inside out. This gives me a different perspective and approach when it comes to working with my clients. About 3 years ago I met my business partner Irina in the gym. We were the only 2 women at 5 am in the morning pumping some serious iron. One day we started talking and we clicked and found so many things in common. We were both professional women, we were both into a healthy lifestyle and also believed in empowering men and women to be the best version of themselves. We formed a close friendship and one day I shared with her the idea I had to open a medical spa and I asked her if she would be interested to be my business partner and help me bring this idea to life. And the rest is history
Maxwell: Wow! Great story and a testimony to the fact that great minds think alike! Today Id like to talk to you about the concept of eternal beauty and what it means to you as a beauty industry expert. Looking at the beautiful masterpieces of art, like the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci, that depicted beauty in his time, we all can see that the definition of ideal human body composition has evolved dramatically throughout the history of civilization. At the same time, we can draw some parallels that do stay current and priceless even today. What is your take on that?
Dr. Z: We believe that beauty comes from the inside out and outside in. What I mean by that is that for one to be the best version of themselves they have to feel good on the inside. They can achieve that through a wholesome diet, exercise, and daily meditation, or any other form of relaxation and self-development. There is also a lot to be said about waking up, looking in the mirror, and loving what you see. A lot of our clients come to us and one thing they say they want is to have clear skin so they dont have to wear makeup. Clear skin is youthful skin. Having flawless skin, less fine and wrinkles and feeling youthful and beautiful is such a confidence booster. This is where we come! When a person feels good about themselves, they are more motivated to do better in all areas of their lives. Our clients age ranges from the early 20s to the 80s. The young ladies in their 20s and 30s understand the importance of prevention and they start their Botox and care for their skin with facials, lasers, and good medically graded skin care products. We have a lot of clients in their 50s that come to us and their goal is to look as refreshed and youthful as possible. We can help with injectables, laser skin rejuvenation, and correction of sun damage, tone, and texture of the skin. For our ladies in their 60s and 70s, getting old is a gift, and bc we are getting old it doesnt mean we cant feel vibrant and beautiful.
Maxwell: Seems like our generation has gotten a lot closer to finding that elusive fountain of youth, I guess But what about some other natural beauty concepts that you come across in your line of work?
Dr. Z:Hebe Medical Spa is one of the best spas in the Hudson Valley and we offer numerous treatments from any injectable neuromodulators, dermal fillers, injectable bio stimulators, hair restoration, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, laser skin rejuvenation, robotic micro-needling, laser hair removal, body contouring, weight loss program, IV vitamin therapy and more. When a client comes for a consultation I start with what their concerns are and figure out what treatments will be the best suited for them to help with those concerns. I always prioritize the treatments by safety first, second is downtime and last is cost. Also, I always think about not only delivering short term results for my clients but also long term effects of the treatments. I spend a lot of time and resources getting trained by the best injectors in the world and keep up with the latest injectable techniques because I always strive to deliver the best and most natural results for my clients.
One of the treatments that have gained tremendous interest lately is lip enhancements. I think thanks to IG and the Kardashians big luscious lips have become quite of a trend nowadays. I love doing lips, I take my time to make sure I create size and shape that enhances my clients facial structure. The smile on their faces when I am done is very gratifying. We have a sign in the spa that says you live once, buy yourself lips I think that sums it all.
Maxwell: Fascinating! And yes, I can relate to some of that myself, but thats going to be another story Talking about your clients the general assumption is that its the ladies who are so particular about their looks and the appearance of age, but what about the guys? What are they into when it comes to your services?
Dr. Z: You will be surprised to know but men are one of the fastest-growing patient segments in aesthetics and why shouldnt they be??? Men, just like women want to look like the best version of themselves and age gracefully. Taking care of their skin has become part of their grooming. Botox and dermal fillers for men can reduce the signs of aging. Of course, the approach to male aesthetics differs from that of females. Men have a squarer face, a more angled and larger jaw, and equally balanced upper and lower facial proportions. Facial muscle mass, subcutaneous tissue, and blood vessel density are also increased in men relative to women. So the techniques and amount of injectables I use are different for men and women. Men are great candidates for laser skin rejuvenation, laser hair removal, IV vitamin therapy, hair restoration, and bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. We also do regular facials. So if someone has no experience and is not sure where to start a facial membership is a great start and build from there.
Maxwell: Im on it, Dr. Z! Now I know that its never too early to start on my Botox shots When is your next Botox party? Anyways, in an interview a couple of years ago Hebe Med Spa had a goal of bringing all the state of the art beauty treatments to its clients in Fishkill, New York, today your clients are coming not only from all over the Hudson Valley, but all the way from New York City and even from across the country! What happened here?
Dr. Z: You got it right! One of the things I am very proud of is the reputation we have developed as skin and beauty experts in the area and I think a good reputation travels very fast nowadays. Hebe Med Spa has established itself as an expert in medical-grade beauty treatments and thanks to our big following and overwhelming support from social media we see more and more clients from beyond the Hudson Valley region. We also get tons of client referrals, which to us is the biggest compliment we can get and we truly appreciate the support! We have a big range of treatments form the state of the art equipment for skin rejuvenation, body contouring, robotic micro-needling, laser hair removal, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, IV Vitamins, hair restoration, ample assortment of dermal fillers, Botox, collagen-stimulating injectables, PDO threads for non-surgical facelifts using the latest and most advanced techniques to create beautiful and natural results. We also have facial and laser memberships that are very affordable and make achieving and maintaining beautiful skin accessible to everyone. This month we are also launching Botox and filler membership and we are very excited about it. Taking care of your skin and staying fresh and youthful should be a part of your grooming and the memberships make that available to a lot more people.
Maxwell: Just wow! And the way to go! So whats next? What new beauty treatments should we discuss in our next sit down?
Dr. Z: As you know we are committed to always bringing the best, most advanced, non-invasive devices and procedures that deliver amazing results in the safest way possible. Here at Hebe, the best medical spa in Hudson Valley, our ethos is clear skin is youthful skin! No matter how much filler and Botox we inject in your face if your skin is not up to par you will never be completely satisfied with your results. But if you get your sun damage and pigmentation cleared, shrink the size of your pores, improve the tone and texture of your skin and minimize your fine lines and wrinkles that will make a permanent improvement. And this is where the lasers come in very handy. We have different devices that address different skin concerns. For example, our newest device is a skin resurfacing laser that resurfaces the top layer of the skin, its a beautiful treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, moderate sun damage, tone, and texture of the skin. The results are amazing and it is minimal downtime. We just introduced PDO Threads for facelift and collagen building. We are the only provider in the area that offers the PDO threads. We also have a Botox and filler membership that we are introducing in the month of October that will allow our clients to stay on schedule with their treatments without breaking the bank. I think the culture is changing the services we offer are no longer a luxury, they are becoming part of our grooming. We love what we do and we love our clients! We have created a beautiful environment for our clients and we have an amazing team! Please, come and let us be the one helping you with your pro-aging journey to become the best version of yourself.
Maxwell: Thank you so much, Dr. Z and I cant wait for our next story about the laser skincare treatments, it feels like the future is already here
- Latest Developments and Key Strategies of Players of Hormone Replacement Therapy Market - TechnoWeekly - November 24th, 2020
- Gay flag football family helped save this trans athletes life - Outsports - November 24th, 2020
- The Compounding Pharmacies Market To Move Away From Stagnation, Reach US$ 13366.5 Million - TechnoWeekly - November 24th, 2020
- The Compounding Pharmacies Market To Rescind With A CAGR Of 7.5% - KYT24 - November 24th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market to Witness Positive Growth owing to Outbreak of COVID-19, Projects Fact.MR - The Cloud Tribune - November 6th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Tablets Market Will Experience A Noticeable Growth During The Forecast Period 2019-2026||ALLERGAN, Novo... - November 6th, 2020
- Research report covers the South & North America Hormone Replacement Therapy Market share and Growth, 2020-2025 - Zenit News - November 6th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact on Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Growth Opportunities, Revenue, Industry Analysis and Forecasts 2026 - TechnoWeekly - November 6th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Recent Trends, Development, Growth and Forecast 2020-2027 - Eurowire - November 6th, 2020
- Unraveling the mystery and symptoms of menopause - NewsCenterMaine.com WCSH-WLBZ - November 6th, 2020
- The Prostate Cancer Hormone Replacement market to be in conjunction to growth from 2019 to 2029 - KYT24 - November 6th, 2020
- The importance of knowing your skin type | Sponsored - Bend Bulletin - November 6th, 2020
- The Compounding Pharmacies Market To Hit The 20/20 Vision With A CAGR Of 7.5% - Eurowire - November 6th, 2020
- The HER2 Testing market to croon growth from 2020 to 2030 KYT24 - KYT24 - November 6th, 2020
- Topical Dispenser Market Analysis, COVID-19 Impact,Outlook, Opportunities, Size, Share Forecast and Supply Demand 2021-2027|Trusted Business Insights... - November 6th, 2020
- 5 things you can start doing now to help reduce risk of breast cancer - The Sentinel-Echo - October 31st, 2020
- Slow and Even Reverse Skin Aging with Proper Skin Hygiene - Pamplin Media Group - October 31st, 2020
- Hormone replacement therapy and menopause | | tctimes.com - Fenton Tri County Times - October 31st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Size, Share, Statistics, Demand and Revenue, Forecast 2025 - re:Jerusalem - October 30th, 2020
- Comprehensive Analysis On Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Based On Types And Application - Aerospace Journal - October 30th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Growth Rate, Demands, Status And Application Forecast To 2027 - TechnoWeekly - October 30th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Future Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 30th, 2020
- Study Updates Risks for Breast Cancer Associated With HRT - HealthDay - October 30th, 2020
- 5 things you can start doing now to help reduce risk of breast cancer - Times Tribune of Corbin - October 30th, 2020
- The HER2 Testing market to witness explicit growth from 2019 and 2029 - PRnews Leader - October 30th, 2020
- Why author Val McDermid recommends drinking pale ale to help with menopause symptoms - Press and Journal - October 30th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Archives - Stock Market Vista - October 28th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market to Witness Steady Expansion During 2018 to 2028 - The Think Curiouser - October 28th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market is Driven by Rising Incidences of Hormonal Imbalance Disorders - PRnews Leader - October 28th, 2020
- Japan Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Market to Flourish with an Impressive Cagr During 2019-2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 28th, 2020
- Menopause: How to cope with it? - The Yucatan Times - October 28th, 2020
- New virtual clinic aims to provide accessible, inclusive health care to LGBTQIA+ North Carolinians - Yes! Weekly - October 28th, 2020
- Project Home: BIPOC Trans Artists At Odds With Non-Profit Over Future Of SFs Red Victorian Hotel - CBS San Francisco - October 28th, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 Crisis on Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Demand and Consumption Growth, Predicts Fact.MR - The Cloud Tribune - October 25th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2017 to 2026 - The Think Curiouser - October 25th, 2020
- Thoughts of Breast Health in Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Yahoo Singapore News - October 25th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market 2020 Determined By Manufacturing Summary, Business Profile And Estimate To 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Demand (2020-2026) | Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And Strategies |... - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2020 Industry Size, Trends, Global Growth, Insights And Forecast Research Report 2025 - PRnews Leader - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market anticipates revenue will hit up to XX% CAGR by 2026: Segmentation by Revenue, Gross margin, Industrial Analysis,... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market By Manufacturers, Development Strategy, Upcoming Trends and Huge Growth By 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 21st, 2020
- Hammerling-Hodgers: Don't delay if you have any signs of breast cancer - Florida Today - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market to Witness Exponential Growth by 2018 to 2028 - Aerospace Journal - October 21st, 2020
- Women's Health Diagnostics Market projected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2020 Global Analysis By Application, End-User, Market Share, Demand, Supply, Technological Trends And Forecast Till... - October 21st, 2020
- US Food and Drug Administration Accepts for Priority Review Applications for OPDIVO (nivolumab) in Combination with CABOMETYX (cabozantinib) in... - October 21st, 2020
- DSEJ organises Webinar on Breast Cancer Disease- Early Detection Saves Lives - India Education Diary - October 21st, 2020
- Having Large Testicles May be linked to Cardiovascular Disease Italian Study Shows - Gilmore Health News - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Exclusive Report Analysis 2020-2025 - Aerospace Journal - October 21st, 2020
- Anti-Osteoporosis Therapy And Fracture Healing Market to Eyewitness Massive Growth by 2028: Novartis, Johnson and Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Roche... - October 21st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Research Conclusions|Business Plans|Strategies with Forecast 20 - PharmiWeb.com - October 17th, 2020
- Davina McCall spoke candidly about her experience of perimenopause and HRT on Loose Women - goodhousekeeping.com - October 17th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Report 2019 with Key Players, Regions, Trends, Market Growth, SWOT Analysis and Forecast to 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 17th, 2020
- Schedule Your Breast Cancer Screening this Month - raccoonvalleyradio.com - October 17th, 2020
- World Menopause Day: 5 must have products to cure hormonal imbalance - India Today - October 17th, 2020
- Earlier pubertal timing predicts higher psychosexuality in adulthood - PsyPost - October 17th, 2020
- The News Journal 5 things you can start doing now to help reduce your risk of breast cancer - The News Journal - October 17th, 2020
- UMass Amherst Recognized as a Top LGBTQ-Friendly Campus for 10th Consecutive Year - UMass News and Media Relations - October 17th, 2020
- Extensive new medi-wellness resort, RAKxa, will offer complete blueprint of health in Bangkok's 'Green Lung' - Spa Business - October 17th, 2020
- Raising awareness of menopause, what it is and why you arent alone - Brighton & Hove Independent - October 17th, 2020
- One key to improving medical care:... - Kirkland Reporter - October 17th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Size 2020, Production, Share, Revenue, Analysis and Innovative Revolution and Forecast Report to 2026 -... - October 17th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Size, Key Trends, Challenges and Standardization, Research, Key Players with COVID 19 Impact Analysis and... - October 7th, 2020
- Message to Rep. Wes Allen: HB1 is an attack on transgendered youths and parental rights - Montgomery Advertiser - October 7th, 2020
- Shoptalk: Parent company to temporarily close Edwards Grand Teton theater - Post Register - October 7th, 2020
- Press A, Be Gay: LGBTQ Representation in Video Games - QNotes - October 7th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Industry Key Drivers, Business Insights And Forecast 2024 | F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Merck Serono, Novartis - uco360.com - October 7th, 2020
- So where is our land? Where is the space for us? - Mail and Guardian - October 7th, 2020
- Sex and Menopause, According to a Neuroscientist - Glamour - October 7th, 2020
- Your Health Is on the Ballot: Why You Should Vote for Science in the 2020 Presidential Election - Prevention.com - October 7th, 2020
- Hormone therapy is an option to treat breast cancer - Hamilton Journal News - October 3rd, 2020
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Solid Analyzed Segmentation, Demand, Recent Share Estimation and Growth Prospects by Regions to 2022... - October 3rd, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact: Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market | Strategic Industry Evolutionary Analysis Focus on Leading Key Players and Revenue Growth... - October 3rd, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy market size was US$ 15950 million and it is expected to reach US$ 17720 million by the end of 2026, with a CAGR of 1.5% -... - October 3rd, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Tablets Market Covid 19 Overview:Demand Analysis & Growth Opportunities By 2019-2026||ALLERGAN, Novo... - October 3rd, 2020
- Solving the Mystery of My Missing Menstruation - ELLE.com - October 3rd, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market: Technological Advancement & Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2025 - The Daily Chronicle - October 1st, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market - Quantitative Analysis, Current and Future Trends, 2018 to 2028 - The Market Records - October 1st, 2020
- Hormone replacement therapy market- factors responsible for driving or restraining the market - Credence Turbine - October 1st, 2020
- In the Business of Beautifying Hudson Valley, One Face at a Time Hebe Medical Spa in Fishkill, NY - Hudson Valley Style Magazine - October 1st, 2020