ANN ARBOR, Mich., Sept. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Esperion (NASDAQ: ESPR) today announced the launch of Break the Cycle with NEXLETOL, a national direct-to-consumer (DTC) campaign aimed at broadening awareness of NEXLETOL (bempedoic acid) Tablets and the never-ending patient cycle of diet, exercise and a statin treatment without ever reaching guideline recommended cholesterol levels. Approved earlier this year by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and launched at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, NEXLETOL is the first oral, once-daily, non-statin LDL-C lowering medicine available to indicated patients in nearly 20 years.
NEXLETOL is indicated as an adjunct to diet and maximally tolerated statin therapy for the treatment of adults with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HeFH) or established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) who require additional lowering of LDL-C. The effect of NEXLETOL on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not yet been determined. Please see important safety information below.
TheBreak the Cycle with NEXLETOLcampaignrepresentsthe first phase of an adaptive,tieredapproach to DTC promotion whereEsperion ismonitoring the market and listening to patients to inform strategic decisions on how to further resource for growth and move forward our DTC promotion initiatives. Given the challenges and changesin the current environment, this approach couldnt be more important. Nor could it be more relevant.
High levels of bad cholesterol remain an all-too-common threat for many patients. In fact, 7 out of 10 people with high cholesterolin the U.S. cannot reduce their bad cholesterol down to guideline recommended levels, even with statin treatment. The Break the Cycle with NEXLETOL campaign powerfully and memorably depicts this as a never-ending cycle of frustration, and highlights NEXLETOL as a once-daily pill that can be added to diet, exercise, and maximally tolerated statin therapy to help Break the Cycle with NEXLETOL and be the edge patients need to achieve lower, healthier LDL-C levels.
Break the Cycle with NEXLETOLunanimouslyresonated with patients during focus groups.Respondents agreed that thecycle represented their daily routine and their lack of results, and they appreciated the acknowledgement of theirefforts to get to goal.The campaign reflects their reality, withNEXLETOL inspiringhope and excitement that they too could break the cycle.
Break the Cycle represents the next phase of our U.S. launch strategy for NEXLETOL intended to heighten awareness of the never-ending cycle patients experience with lowering bad cholesterol and how NEXLETOL provides healthcare professionals an innovative solution to help break it, said Renee Marotta, Executive Director of Marketing of Esperion. Despite the current standard-of-care cycle - diet, exercise, statin over 18 million patients in the U.S. require further LDL-C lowering. Through our focused and differentiated Break the Cycle with NEXLETOL DTC campaign, we reinforce our commitment to delivering these patients an affordable and convenient oral, once-daily solution to elevated LDL-Cholesterol.
Break the Cycle with NEXLETOL is a multichannel campaign incorporating a unique approach adapted to address new, COVID-19 driven consumer trends. The campaign will launch across the Unites States, inaugurated by a full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal, to national consumer print media outlets, across digital and social media platforms, while also leveraging connected TV. To expand beyond typical point-of-care efforts, the campaign will feature coordinated teledoc placements with a preferred vendor, enabling direct integration within healthcare professional care-portals.
In a recent internal survey of 100 healthcare professionals, approximately 90% of respondents indicated familiarity with NEXLETOL despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting requisite for physician and practice adaptation, said Mark Glickman, Chief Commercial Officer of Esperion. While we are enthusiastic about our current standing with HCPs, we view the launch of our DTC campaign as an opportunity to accelerate awareness in the overall market, help drive patients to healthcare professional practices and position NEXLETOL for future growth.
To view the Break the Cycle with NEXLETOL DTC campaign, and to learn more about NEXLETOL, including appropriate use and important safety information, please visit http://www.NEXLETOL.com/commercial.
NEXLETOL (bempedoic acid) Tablet
NEXLETOL is a first-in-class ATP Citrate Lyase (ACL) inhibitor that lowers LDL-C by reducing cholesterol biosynthesis and up-regulating the LDL receptors. NEXLETOL is the first oral, once-daily, non-statin LDL-C lowering medicine approved in the U.S. in nearly 20 years for patients with ASCVD or HeFH. NEXLETOL was approved by the FDA in February 2020.
Indication and Limitation of Use
NEXLETOL is indicated as an adjunct to diet and maximally tolerated statin therapy for the treatment of adults with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia or established atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease who require additional lowering of LDL-C. The effect of NEXLETOL on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not been determined.
Important Safety Information
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visitwww.fda.gov/medwatchor call 1-800-FDA-1088 or report side effects to Esperion at 833-377-7633 (833 ESPRMED).
Please see the full Prescribing Information for NEXLETOL by clicking here.
Through scientific and clinical excellence, and a deep understanding of cholesterol biology, the experienced Lipid Management Team at Esperion is committed to developing new LDL-C lowering medicines that will make a substantial impact on reducing global cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death around the world. For more information, please visit http://www.esperion.com and follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EsperionInc.
Esperion Therapeutics Commitment to Patients with Hyperlipidemia
High levels of LDL-C can lead to a build-up of fat and cholesterol in and on artery walls (known as atherosclerosis), potentially leading to cardiovascular events, including heart attack and stroke. In the U.S., 96 million people, or more than 37 percent of the adult population, have elevated LDL-C. There are approximately 18 million people in the U.S. living with elevated levels of LDL-C despite taking maximally tolerated lipid-modifying therapy including individuals considered statin averse leaving them at high risk for cardiovascular events. In the United States, more than 50 percent of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) patients and heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HeFH) patients who are not able to reach their guideline recommended LDL-C levels with statins alone need less than a 40 percent reduction to reach their LDL-C threshold goal.
Esperion's mission as the Lipid Management Company is to deliver oral, once-daily medicines that complement existing oral drugs to provide the additional LDL-C lowering that these patients need.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the federal securities laws, including statements regarding commercialization plans for bempedoic acid tablet., Any express or implied statements contained in this press release that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause Esperion's actual results to differ significantly from those projected, including, without limitation, delays or failures in Esperions clinical development and commercialization plans, or approval of expanded indications, that existing cash resources may be used more quickly than anticipated, the impact of COVID-19 on our business, clinical activities and commercial development plans, and the risks detailed in Esperion's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date hereof, and Esperion disclaims any obligation or undertaking to update or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release, other than to the extent required by law.
References(1)Wong ND, Young D, Zhao Y, et al. Prevalence of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association statin eligibility groups, statin use, and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol control in US adults using the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2011-2012. Clin Lipidol. 2016;10(5):1109-1118. 2. Lin I, Sung J, Sanchez RJ, et al. Patterns of statin use in a real-world population of patients at high cardiovascular risk. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2016;22(6):685-698. 3. Arnold SV, Spertus JA, Masoudi FA, et al. Beyond medication prescription as performance measures: optimal secondary prevention medication dosing after acute myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62(19):1791-1801. (2) Esperion market research on file: research project interviewing 350 physicians. Esperion Therapeutics, Inc. Sept-Oct 2018.(3) Data on file: analysis of NHANES database. Esperion Therapeutics, Inc. 2018.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Was Reportedly Hospitalized After Ingesting a Combo of Diet Pills and Caffeine - Cosmopolitan - October 4th, 2020
- I Exercise to Celebrate My Body Instead of Punishing It, and I'm Much Happier For It - POPSUGAR - October 4th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of garlic and how much to add to your diet - Business Insider India - October 4th, 2020
- Is your weight loss diet giving you a headache? Heres what you need to know - PINKVILLA - October 4th, 2020
- The Healthiest Way to Eat to Prevent Disease, Says a Cardiologist - The Beet - October 4th, 2020
- Exercise of Options and Total Voting Rights London Stock Exchange:AMYT - GlobeNewswire - October 4th, 2020
- Cardiovascular disease the leading cause of death for women in Singapore last year - The Straits Times - October 4th, 2020
- This Is What a Keto-Friendly Costco Haul Looks Like for Briana and Ryan Culberson - Bravo - October 4th, 2020
- The OMAD diet for weight loss: Everything you need to know - 7NEWS.com.au - September 28th, 2020
- 8 Foods and Beverages to Avoid with Arthritis - Healthline - September 28th, 2020
- PCOS And Infertility: Here's What You Need To Know - NDTV Doctor - September 28th, 2020
- Victoria Beckham: Everything I do in a day from my skincare regime to my diet and exercise - Telegraph.co.uk - September 28th, 2020
- Four Women Reveal Their Horror Stories of Teddi Mellencamp's 'All In by Teddi' Diet - The Daily Beast - September 28th, 2020
- Dieting: Weighing the good and bad - The New Times - September 28th, 2020
- The Future of Cancer Treatment - NewsPatrolling - September 28th, 2020
- The breakfast snack to help you live longer and avoid heart disease symptoms - Express - September 28th, 2020
- SRMC doctor offers suggestions for Women's Health Day - The-review - September 25th, 2020
- Keeping COVID at bay - Mountain Xpress - September 25th, 2020
- Can You Boost Your Metabolism? Here's What the Science Says - Discover Magazine - September 25th, 2020
- Cracking the code to live your best life: Canadian DNA testing companies, dnaPower and Inagene, partner to unlock true personalized health through... - September 25th, 2020
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja calls PCOS the bane of my life, shares 3 tips with fans on how to combat it in... - Hindustan Times - September 25th, 2020
- Try this diet combination with side planks, it will reduce belly fat fast - Pledge Times - Pledge Times - September 25th, 2020
- 17 Best Protein Powders of 2020: Whey, Casein, and Plant-Based - Greatist - September 25th, 2020
- Morning vs. Evening: Whats a better time to exercise to lose weight? - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- A man in the US dies of consuming excessive mulethi (licorine). Know how much is too much - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- Dr. Anthony Fauci addresses why COVID-19 has severely hurt the... - Hays Free Press - September 25th, 2020
- What is the Dukan diet: the extreme diet Kate Middleton followed to lose weight before her wedding - RSVP Live - September 25th, 2020
- Dietitian reveals how to naturally detox your body - Times of India - September 25th, 2020
- Menopause Diet Tips: Know What To Eat And Avoid To Reduce Symptoms - NDTV Doctor - September 25th, 2020
- The vegetable you should AVOID or risk deadly high blood pressure - are you at risk? - Express - September 25th, 2020
- Immunity Tips: 5 Simple Tips To Strengthen Your Immune Function - NDTV - September 25th, 2020
- Three of the best exercises to lower your risk of a deadly heart attack - Express - September 25th, 2020
- The strange case of the man who died after eating too much licorice - East Idaho News - September 25th, 2020
- Omarion Reveals What He Eats in a Day to Stay Shredded - menshealth.com - September 23rd, 2020
- How to live longer: The lifestyle habits that may add at least six years to your life - Express - September 23rd, 2020
- Heres how healthy behaviour, diet and exercise in one partner affects healthy habits of other partner... - Hindustan Times - September 23rd, 2020
- Struggling To Lose Weight? This MD Says Knowing Your "Weight Loss Type" Will Help - mindbodygreen.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Luxor Sayville on the CICO Diet and if It Can Work for You - Long Island, NY Patch - Patch.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Belly fat linked to early death, study finds - ABC17News.com - September 23rd, 2020
- How to get rid of visceral fat: Including a certain exercise in your day may burn the fat - Express - September 23rd, 2020
- Dear Dietitian: Examining the connection between syndrome and diabetes - Nueces County Record Star - September 23rd, 2020
- Local Doctors Using Breakthrough Treatments, Pain Management Education to Help Chronic Pain Sufferers Through the Pandemic - Woodlands Online - September 23rd, 2020
- Dr. DeAun Nelson Wants to Change How We Think About Weight and Health Care - Willamette Week - September 23rd, 2020
- How to Create and Maintain Good Habits Even When You Lose Motivation - WTNZ - September 23rd, 2020
- Excellent sources of protein for those on a vegan diet - The Indian Express - September 23rd, 2020
- This Is the Weight-Loss Program That Actually Worked for LIVESTRONG.com Readers Across the Country - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 23rd, 2020
- Reduce the Risk of Developing Dementia - City News Group, Inc - September 23rd, 2020
- Hot baths and saunas: Beneficial for your heart? - Harvard Health - Harvard Health - September 23rd, 2020
- Did you know? 5 surprising things that can trigger a heart attack; steps to keep you fit and healthy - Times Now - September 23rd, 2020
- VIDEO: Three simple steps to better digestive health that you can take today - Press and Journal - September 23rd, 2020
- Why you should not take whey protein at night? - TheHealthSite - September 23rd, 2020
- Study: Twist On Traditional Mediterranean Diet May Be Ideal For Cardiovascular Health - CBS Miami - September 20th, 2020
- Exercise and diet are more important than ever with the coronavirus at large - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - September 20th, 2020
- 7 Heart Healthy Tips for Your 30s to Prevent High Blood Pressure - Healthline - September 20th, 2020
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Teddi Gets Emotional Talking Diet Plan Backlash - Screen Rant - September 20th, 2020
- Dr. Fauci: 3 everyday things you can do to help boost your immune system - CNBC - September 20th, 2020
- Colon and Rectal Cancer Can Be a Reality For Gen-X, Millennials, and Gen-Z - Curetoday.com - September 20th, 2020
- Briana and Ryan Culberson Have Lost 150 Pounds on the Keto Diet - Bravo - September 20th, 2020
- High blood pressure: Be aware of the salty six if you want to lower your reading - Express - September 20th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of having pulses in your daily diet - NEWS HEADS - September 20th, 2020
- Metabolic syndrome, which increases the risk of heart disease, affects one in two seniors here - The Straits Times - September 20th, 2020
- Fitness secrets from Ayurveda - Times of India - September 8th, 2020
- How Halle Berry Is More Fit and Stunning Than Ever: Her Diet, Fitness, Beauty Tips and Tricks! - KVUE.com - September 8th, 2020
- How to live longer - the very best exercise to add years onto your lifespan - Express - September 8th, 2020
- A doctor's open apology to those fighting overweight and obesity - The Wilton Bulletin - September 8th, 2020
- Plant-based diets shine when looking at the gut microbiome - Contemporary Pediatrics - September 8th, 2020
- The Long Con: Martin Wachter on how he got in shape through diet and exercise - CalvinAyre.com - September 8th, 2020
- Why the first three weeks of a diet are crucial, according to new study - 9Coach - September 8th, 2020
- Horoscope today: Here are the astrological predictions for September 09 - Mumbai Mirror - September 8th, 2020
- The secret to Randy Arozarenas rise with Rays? Chicken and rice - Tampa Bay Times - September 8th, 2020
- The Worst Ab Workout Mistakes and How to Fix Them - LIVESTRONG.COM - September 8th, 2020
- Heart attack prevention: The best lifestyle to reduce your risk of a heart attack - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Surviving COVID-19 Together - Pain News Network - September 8th, 2020
- Best supplements for high blood pressure - the 99p capsules to avoid deadly hypertension - Express - September 8th, 2020
- Chadwick Boseman's death is tragic. Here's what you need to know about colon cancer. - Big Think - September 8th, 2020
- Here are five foods that can help regulate blood sugar or prevent type 2 diabetes - Times Now - September 8th, 2020
- Lose weight with the worlds top 10 diets from keto to Slimming World - The Sun - September 8th, 2020
- Lifestyle choices can reduce the risk of chronic kidney disease - Tennis World USA - September 8th, 2020
- National Nutrition Week 2020: 8 simple tips to stay healthy and fit - The Indian Express - September 8th, 2020
- How to take the best poop, according to science - Business Insider - Business Insider - September 8th, 2020