President Donald Trump took his second annual physical examination on Friday and his physician stated he "is in very good health." The positive report came despite Trump reportedly not following a diet and exercise plan set for him after last year's physical.
While the reports and recommendations are being finalized, I am happy to announce the President of the United States is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his Presidency, and beyond, physician to the president Sean Conleywrote in a memo to White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Conleyoversaw the four-hour exam, which involved11 board-certified specialists.
Trump did not undergo procedures that requiredanesthesia or sedation. His weight and other measures such as cholesterol were not revealed in the intial memo released late afternoon Friday.
The President is very grateful for the outstanding care he received today, and he especially wants to thank all the doctors, nurses, enlisted and civilian staff who participated," Conley wrote.
Trump's physical exam last year found him to be one pound short of the criteria for obesity, and a diet and exercise regimen was created for him to follow.
"The president received a diet and exercise plan last year after his annual physical, but the president admits he has not followed it religiously," Hogan Gidley, the principal deputy White House press secretary, told CNN on Thursday.
Close to a dozen White House officials and insiders told CNN ahead of the exam thatthey do not think Trump has stepped into the White House residence fitness room.
Trump, who is 6-foot-3, weighed 239 pounds at his physical last year and Dr. Ronny Jackson, who did the first examination, said Trump should aim to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Trumps total cholesterol reading was 223, which is slightly elevated,and he has been taking Crestor to treat it.
"He is more enthusiastic about the diet part than the exercise part, Jackson, who created a weight loss plan for Trump, said at the time. But we are going to do both.
Jackson said he would work on getting Trump on a dedicated, defined exercise program and that we can build on that pretty easily.
I would say, though, that despite that, one of the things, being with the president on a day to day basis, is that he has a lot of energy, a lot of energy and a lot of stamina, Jackson added.
Trump has reportedly made only slight modifications to his diet. He was spotted eating Dover sole prepared by chefs in the White House, but still indulges in his favorite fast foods and red meat. He was seen eating steak, French fries and shrimp at his Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., and apparently ordered steak to be delivered to him at the White House.
The president rather infamously ordered burgers from McDonalds, Wendys and Burger King, fries, pizza and some salads for the champion Clemson Tigers football team when the visited the White House last month.
President Donald Trump presents fast food to be served to the Clemson Tigers football team to celebrate their Championship at the White House on January 14, 2019, in Washington, D.C. Trump reportedly has not followed his diet and exercise plans ahead of his physical examination. Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images
The president has considered golfing his exercisethough he navigates the coursein a cartbut has not played for more than two months due to the government shutdown. He did partake in a round ofgolf with Tiger Woods on Saturday, ending at the clubhouse, where he normally orders a cheeseburger or several hot dogs.
Read more here:
Donald Trump's Physical Exam Shows Hes in 'Very Good ...
- Alison Hammond weight loss: How did she slim down? This Morning star followed this plan - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Weight-loss tips that go beyond the 'eat less, exercise hard' formula - The National - December 9th, 2019
- The man who unlocked the world's secret to living to age 100 says you can skip the gym - INSIDER - December 9th, 2019
- Weight loss: How this woman lost 11 kilos and beat PCOD without going to the gym! - Times of India - December 9th, 2019
- Ex-Vegan Influencer Plans On Eating Mostly Meat From Here On Out - Refinery29 - December 9th, 2019
- I'm fit and healthy. Do I really need to take multivitamins? - Rappler - December 9th, 2019
- How Fans Are Handling Their Favorite Influencer Going From Vegan To An All-Carnivore Diet - BuzzFeed News - December 9th, 2019
- Singer and Talk Show Host Syleena Johnson Shed Over 50 Pounds For a Fitness Competition - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - December 9th, 2019
- We Can Train Our Brain to do Just About Anything, So Do Not Forget to Exercise, Take the Test! - Live Trading News - December 9th, 2019
- Best weight loss: Eating more of this food can help you slim - what is it? - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Is the vilification of NZ's meat and dairy justified? - Noted - December 9th, 2019
- Princess Beatrice used this plan to slim - will she follow a diet for royal wedding? - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Cholesterol Should Be On Everyone's Radar Can You Control It? | HuffPost Life - HuffPost UK - December 9th, 2019
- Column: Water restriction is the key to treating too-low salt levels - SouthCoastToday.com - December 9th, 2019
- Beware of supplements and botanicals: Consumer Reports - WSYR - December 9th, 2019
- How Intuitive Eating Works, and How to Get Started - LIVESTRONG.COM - December 9th, 2019
- Ask Jillian Michaels: I recently gave birth to my first child how do I lose the baby weight and get back in shape? - Business Insider - December 9th, 2019
- Seventy Nine Per Cent Of People Have A "Heart Age" Higher Than Their Biological Age - Men's Health - December 9th, 2019
- Weight loss: The best carbs to eat to shed pounds based on your body type - The Sun - December 9th, 2019
- Robbie Williams weight loss: Gave up one thing to slim down and shed fat - what was it? - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Aerobic exercise, improved diet could slow memory problems in nursing home residents - News - McKnight's Long Term Care News - December 2nd, 2019
- Diet, Exercise, and Apologize to Your Sister: A Prescription for Long-Term Health - Tennessee Today - December 2nd, 2019
- Susanna Reid weight loss: GMB host cut one thing from diet plan to shed 1st 7lb - Express - December 2nd, 2019
- Back pain remedies: Exercise, diet, and numerous other ways to prevent back pain - Republic World - Republic World - December 2nd, 2019
- Donald Trump Challenged to Go Vegan in January for $1 Million Donation to Veterans - Newsweek - December 2nd, 2019
- UNC athletes find allies in effort to avoid eating disorder risks - The Daily Tar Heel - December 2nd, 2019
- How to live 40 percent longer | Health - Williston Daily Herald - December 2nd, 2019
- What is Diet Culture and 4 Steps to Navigate It - Thrive Global - December 2nd, 2019
- Midlife Fitness Files: Michael Mosley on creating the 5:2 diet and reversing his diabetes - Telegraph.co.uk - December 2nd, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat: Best Exercise To Have Fantastic Abs - International Business Times - December 2nd, 2019
- The Power of Point of Care in the Marketing Channel - DTC Perspectives Magazine - December 2nd, 2019
- Thought for Food: Walter Willett on Diet for Personal and Planetary Health - The Good Men Project - December 2nd, 2019
- Can Green Coffee Really Help You Lose Weight? Find The Answer Here - NDTV News - December 2nd, 2019
- $1 Million Offer to President Trump: Go Vegan for January and the Veterans Will Receive $1M - VEGWORLD Magazine - December 1st, 2019
- Medical News Today: Possible reasons weight loss is not working - Stock Daily Dish - December 1st, 2019
- Grueling gym routines, restrictive diets, and no dating: K-pop stars tell us about the dark side of their industry - Business Insider - December 1st, 2019
- LETTERS: Cardio program participants being thrown under the bus - Peace Arch News - December 1st, 2019
- Excessive hygiene: Can this be a bad thing? - Stock Daily Dish - December 1st, 2019
- How to live longer: This type of exercise could increase life expectancy - Express - December 1st, 2019
- Michelle McManus weight loss: Singer used this diet plan to shed impressive 10 stone - Express.co.uk - December 1st, 2019
- How to lose weight in 6 months like this guy who lost 18 kgs without hiring a personal trainer or a dietician - GQ India - What a man's got to do - December 1st, 2019
- Learn to say 'no' as well as ho-ho this holiday season - theday.com - December 1st, 2019
- Serena Williams Cheats on Her Diet in a Truly Indulgent Way - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - December 1st, 2019
- The Eating And Exercise Habits Behind Elsa Pataky's Seriously Strong Physique - Women's Health - December 1st, 2019
- Exercise will help you lose belly fat, but do away with associated myths first - TheHealthSite - December 1st, 2019
- Jamie Oliver weight loss: TV chef ditched one food to shed an astounding two stone - Express.co.uk - December 1st, 2019
- High blood pressure: Add this green fruit to your breakfast to lower your reading - Express - December 1st, 2019
- How to master intuitive eating during the toughest time of the year - Inverse - December 1st, 2019
- How to recover from Thanksgiving - KRON4 - December 1st, 2019
- Mike Sorrentino Shocked Family With His Post-Prison Weight Loss - Screen Rant - December 1st, 2019
- Chichester ranks in second place in a survey to find the healthiest town - Chichester Observer - December 1st, 2019
- Weight Loss With Swimming: THIS is why swimming is the BEST weight loss exercise - PINKVILLA - December 1st, 2019
- LETTERS: Cardio program participants 'being thrown under the bus' - BCLocalNews - December 1st, 2019
- Type 2 diabetes: Include this 55p food in your diet to lower your blood sugar - Express - December 1st, 2019
- How one woman lost 95 pounds and still got her Taco Bell fix - NBC News - December 1st, 2019
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Circulation - South Florida Reporter - December 1st, 2019
- Miranda Lambert Gets Candid About Struggling With Ups and Downs in Weight - countryliving.com - November 29th, 2019
- 'The Bachelor': Cassie Randolph Reveals Her Skincare, Diet, and Workout Routine - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 29th, 2019
- Heart-Healthy Diet May Improve Brain And Memory Functioning; Study - NDTV Food - November 29th, 2019
- 10 Most Expensive Diets Only Celebrities Can Afford | TheRichest - TheRichest - November 29th, 2019
- High blood pressure in the morning: What does it mean? - Medical News Today - November 29th, 2019
- How to lose weight according to a doctor who lost 53 kgs by following this systematic approach to weight loss - GQ India - What a man's got to do - November 29th, 2019
- Fitness column: Put stretching in its proper place to tackle workout priorities - Edmonton Journal - November 29th, 2019
- Type 2 diabetes: Eating this tasty treat could help lower blood sugar - Express - November 29th, 2019
- Now is the Time for Black Men to Get Serious about Their Health - Milwaukee Courier Weekly Newspaper - November 29th, 2019
- High blood pressure: Taking this supplement could help lower your reading - Express - November 29th, 2019
- The keto diet: what to know about the extreme diet phenomenon - Vox.com - November 27th, 2019
- Lorraine Kelly weight loss: ITV star drops two dress sizes by cutting out one thing - Express - November 27th, 2019
- Fear of dementia overtakes cancer for older Australians, as new study looks at lifestyle and diet options - ABC News - November 27th, 2019
- Conor McGregor Cheats on His Diet in the Best Way Possible - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - November 27th, 2019
- Gut microbes may predict whether exercising will prevent diabetes - New Scientist News - November 27th, 2019
- My journey to ditch the fad diets and lower my stress this is what worked - NBC News - November 27th, 2019
- Michigan Veteran Runs 22 Hours to Support Others Living with PTSD - runnersworld.com - November 27th, 2019
- Best Exercise for Diabetes: THESE workouts with medication and a healthy diet can help you to fight diabetes - PINKVILLA - November 27th, 2019
- Importance of early detection for colorectal cancer - WANE - November 27th, 2019
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino's Family Was 'Shocked' When They Saw His Prison Weight Loss - PEOPLE.com - November 27th, 2019
- How to live longer: Eating this sweet snack could increase life expectancy - Express - November 27th, 2019
- Plant-Based Diet Linked to Improved Cognitive Health - One Green Planet - November 27th, 2019
- How to live longer: This type of exercise found to be best for increasing life expectancy - Express - November 27th, 2019
- Carthage hospital offers information and a free dinner - NNY360 - November 27th, 2019