There's something inexplicably wonderful about travelling that words cannot express. However, it's not easy to maintain one's health while travelling. When travelling, it's easy to munch on something that is readily available (which a lot of times, isn't the best idea) and many of us throw caution to the wind. Or, at other times, we might not have a choice, but to have samosas, parathas or a cheese sandwich from the roadside stall that will shoot the calorie count for the day into orbit. While it's not easy to avoid the temptation of local food, or skipping your exercise routine for just a few days - a small and easy step to manage your calorie intake is keeping healthy snacks handy!
Also Read:How To Control Diabetes Naturally: 5 Remedies To Manage Your Sugar Levels
Almonds can be a great travel snack! They are loaded with good nutrients including dietary fibre, vitamin E, magnesium and vitamin B12. They are also a convenient and healthy snack as you can easily keep a handful stored away in your bag and munch on them whenever you feel hungry while travelling.
Also Read:Calories In Almonds - All You Need To Know About Almonds And Their Benefits
Almonds are loaded with good nutrients including dietary fibre, vitamin E, magnesium and vitamin B12.
Oats are one of the best available options when you crave for a portion of tasty food and don't want to compromise with your health. Oats is a reliable source of valuable dietary fibres and there are some really great oatmeal cups out there that taste good and are lower in sugar. Many of them are locally sourced, means they're promptly accessible. They're easy to pack and only need some boiling water to cook.
Oats is a reliable source of valuable dietary fibres.
Like you prep with your luggage for travelling, it might be a good idea to prep a salad a night before you travel. They are a healthy snack that can last a few hours if you are travelling a short distance, like a sightseeing trip to a city. Team up corn, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes or slices of mango with dark leafy greens to make a super energizing snack. Stay away from those indulgent dressings though - you can pack some salt/ pepper with a slice of lemon to dress your salad just before you eat.
Also Read: This High-Fibre Salad Can Be A Delicious Addition To Your Diabetic Diet
Prepare a deliciousprotein-rich salad a night before you travel.
A sound, healthy and most effortless choice are hard-boiled eggs. The humble egg has impressive health credentials as it is a rich source of protein and is a nutrient powerhouse. Also, these eggs are super portable and help you stay full for a longer period of time.
Eggis a rich source of protein and is a nutrient powerhouse.
A bowl of crispy, creamy yogurt is one of the simplest foods which is easily available. You can group a bowl of yogurt with healthy organic products like muesli or seeds like flaxseeds and sunflower seeds to make a healthy, anytime snack. In addition, yogurt is an extraordinary probiotic that aids good digestion and keeps your gut and intestinal tract protected. All of this makes it a must-have in your travel backpack.
Yogurt is an extraordinary probiotic that aids good digestion and keeps your gut and intestinal tract protected.
About Author: A trained Bariatric Nutritionist from Hermann Memorial Hospital, Houston, USA, Ritika is the master trainer for Multidisciplinary Diabetes Care Education Programme for Project HOPE. She has an extensive experience in the field of nutrition and dietetics spanning over 20 years and is presently the Regional Head-Dietetics, Max Healthcare, New Delhi.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.
Originally posted here:
Diabetes Diet: Travel Healthy With These 5 Foods If You Are A Diabetic - NDTV Food
- The Top Trending Diet and Exercise Searches of 2019 - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 12th, 2019
- Doctor says diet, exercise are more important than hair dye when it comes to breast cancer - FOX 5 DC - December 12th, 2019
- Labelling food with exercise to 'burn it off' could increase obesity and eating disorders - inews - December 12th, 2019
- More Bexar County Youth Are Being Diagnosed With Type 2 Diabetes, Prediabetes - Texas Public Radio - December 12th, 2019
- Embodied: Deconstructing Diet Culture And The Science Behind It - WUNC - December 12th, 2019
- More and More Very Young Children Across the Nation Lack Health Insurance. Guess How Texas Fares. - Dallas Observer - December 12th, 2019
- 10 Years of Fertility Advances - NYT Parenting - NYT Parenting - December 12th, 2019
- Colon Health: All You Need To Know About Diverticulitis; Diet Tips And More - NDTV Food - December 12th, 2019
- Fitness: Five expert tips for staying in shape over the festive season - Express - December 12th, 2019
- Dementia: The hot drink shown to help lower your risk of developing the condition - Express - December 12th, 2019
- 4 ways to get comfortable with change: Philly CIO of the Year winners share - The Enterprisers Project - December 12th, 2019
- Can constipation cause a headache? What to know - Medical News Today - December 12th, 2019
- People eat less when food labels show how much exercise is needed to burn it off, but that could have dangerous consequences - Business Insider - December 12th, 2019
- How to live longer: This diet has been proven to help you live longer and stave off cancer - Express - December 11th, 2019
- High blood pressure: Do this for 30 minutes in the morning to lower your reading - Express - December 11th, 2019
- Diverticulitis diet: Foods to eat and avoid - Medical News Today - December 11th, 2019
- Here are some useful diet tips to help you get fit this winter! - Global Village space - December 11th, 2019
- How To Lose Weight Using The GOLO Diet Plan? - International Business Times - December 11th, 2019
- Why you need to know about telomeres - MultiBriefs Exclusive - December 11th, 2019
- Hutto families spreading the word about dysautonomia in hopes of finding help closer to home - KVUE.com - December 11th, 2019
- The old-fashioned approach to reducing your risk of cancer and heart disease is still one of the best, according to new research - MarketWatch - December 11th, 2019
- Ex-Vegan Influencer Alyse Parker Switched To The Carnivore Diet, And Fans Are Pissed - Women's Health - December 11th, 2019
- Back pain: 10 proven ways to help alleviate back pain without surgery - Express - December 11th, 2019
- Type 2 diabetes: Add this fruit to your breakfast to lower your blood sugar - Express - December 11th, 2019
- From avoiding exercise to taking Rennie tablets before bed a docs guide to beating the work Christmas par - The Sun - December 11th, 2019
- Weight loss: The 4 keto diet mistakes that could be making you fatter and how to avoid them - Sky Statement - December 11th, 2019
- Blue Zones Diet: Will following this diet help you live for 100 years? - Firstpost - December 11th, 2019
- 'Counting Macros And Calories Helped Me Shed 80 Pounds' - Women's Health - December 11th, 2019
- Alison Hammond weight loss: How did she slim down? This Morning star followed this plan - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Weight-loss tips that go beyond the 'eat less, exercise hard' formula - The National - December 9th, 2019
- The man who unlocked the world's secret to living to age 100 says you can skip the gym - INSIDER - December 9th, 2019
- Weight loss: How this woman lost 11 kilos and beat PCOD without going to the gym! - Times of India - December 9th, 2019
- I'm fit and healthy. Do I really need to take multivitamins? - Rappler - December 9th, 2019
- How Fans Are Handling Their Favorite Influencer Going From Vegan To An All-Carnivore Diet - BuzzFeed News - December 9th, 2019
- Singer and Talk Show Host Syleena Johnson Shed Over 50 Pounds For a Fitness Competition - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - December 9th, 2019
- We Can Train Our Brain to do Just About Anything, So Do Not Forget to Exercise, Take the Test! - Live Trading News - December 9th, 2019
- Best weight loss: Eating more of this food can help you slim - what is it? - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Is the vilification of NZ's meat and dairy justified? - Noted - December 9th, 2019
- Princess Beatrice used this plan to slim - will she follow a diet for royal wedding? - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Column: Water restriction is the key to treating too-low salt levels - SouthCoastToday.com - December 9th, 2019
- Beware of supplements and botanicals: Consumer Reports - WSYR - December 9th, 2019
- How Intuitive Eating Works, and How to Get Started - LIVESTRONG.COM - December 9th, 2019
- Ask Jillian Michaels: I recently gave birth to my first child how do I lose the baby weight and get back in shape? - Business Insider - December 9th, 2019
- Seventy Nine Per Cent Of People Have A "Heart Age" Higher Than Their Biological Age - Men's Health - December 9th, 2019
- Weight loss: The best carbs to eat to shed pounds based on your body type - The Sun - December 9th, 2019
- Robbie Williams weight loss: Gave up one thing to slim down and shed fat - what was it? - Express - December 9th, 2019
- Aerobic exercise, improved diet could slow memory problems in nursing home residents - News - McKnight's Long Term Care News - December 2nd, 2019
- Diet, Exercise, and Apologize to Your Sister: A Prescription for Long-Term Health - Tennessee Today - December 2nd, 2019
- Susanna Reid weight loss: GMB host cut one thing from diet plan to shed 1st 7lb - Express - December 2nd, 2019
- Back pain remedies: Exercise, diet, and numerous other ways to prevent back pain - Republic World - Republic World - December 2nd, 2019
- Donald Trump Challenged to Go Vegan in January for $1 Million Donation to Veterans - Newsweek - December 2nd, 2019
- UNC athletes find allies in effort to avoid eating disorder risks - The Daily Tar Heel - December 2nd, 2019
- How to live 40 percent longer | Health - Williston Daily Herald - December 2nd, 2019
- What is Diet Culture and 4 Steps to Navigate It - Thrive Global - December 2nd, 2019
- How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat: Best Exercise To Have Fantastic Abs - International Business Times - December 2nd, 2019
- The Power of Point of Care in the Marketing Channel - DTC Perspectives Magazine - December 2nd, 2019
- Thought for Food: Walter Willett on Diet for Personal and Planetary Health - The Good Men Project - December 2nd, 2019
- Can Green Coffee Really Help You Lose Weight? Find The Answer Here - NDTV News - December 2nd, 2019
- $1 Million Offer to President Trump: Go Vegan for January and the Veterans Will Receive $1M - VEGWORLD Magazine - December 1st, 2019
- Medical News Today: Possible reasons weight loss is not working - Stock Daily Dish - December 1st, 2019
- Grueling gym routines, restrictive diets, and no dating: K-pop stars tell us about the dark side of their industry - Business Insider - December 1st, 2019
- LETTERS: Cardio program participants being thrown under the bus - Peace Arch News - December 1st, 2019
- Excessive hygiene: Can this be a bad thing? - Stock Daily Dish - December 1st, 2019
- How to live longer: This type of exercise could increase life expectancy - Express - December 1st, 2019
- How to lose weight in 6 months like this guy who lost 18 kgs without hiring a personal trainer or a dietician - GQ India - What a man's got to do - December 1st, 2019
- Learn to say 'no' as well as ho-ho this holiday season - theday.com - December 1st, 2019
- Serena Williams Cheats on Her Diet in a Truly Indulgent Way - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - December 1st, 2019
- The Eating And Exercise Habits Behind Elsa Pataky's Seriously Strong Physique - Women's Health - December 1st, 2019
- Exercise will help you lose belly fat, but do away with associated myths first - TheHealthSite - December 1st, 2019
- Jamie Oliver weight loss: TV chef ditched one food to shed an astounding two stone - Express.co.uk - December 1st, 2019
- How to master intuitive eating during the toughest time of the year - Inverse - December 1st, 2019
- How to recover from Thanksgiving - KRON4 - December 1st, 2019
- Mike Sorrentino Shocked Family With His Post-Prison Weight Loss - Screen Rant - December 1st, 2019
- Chichester ranks in second place in a survey to find the healthiest town - Chichester Observer - December 1st, 2019
- Weight Loss With Swimming: THIS is why swimming is the BEST weight loss exercise - PINKVILLA - December 1st, 2019
- LETTERS: Cardio program participants 'being thrown under the bus' - BCLocalNews - December 1st, 2019
- Type 2 diabetes: Include this 55p food in your diet to lower your blood sugar - Express - December 1st, 2019
- How one woman lost 95 pounds and still got her Taco Bell fix - NBC News - December 1st, 2019
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Circulation - South Florida Reporter - December 1st, 2019
- Miranda Lambert Gets Candid About Struggling With Ups and Downs in Weight - countryliving.com - November 29th, 2019