There's something inexplicably wonderful about travelling that words cannot express. However, it's not easy to maintain one's health while travelling. When travelling, it's easy to munch on something that is readily available (which a lot of times, isn't the best idea) and many of us throw caution to the wind. Or, at other times, we might not have a choice, but to have samosas, parathas or a cheese sandwich from the roadside stall that will shoot the calorie count for the day into orbit. While it's not easy to avoid the temptation of local food, or skipping your exercise routine for just a few days - a small and easy step to manage your calorie intake is keeping healthy snacks handy!
Also Read:How To Control Diabetes Naturally: 5 Remedies To Manage Your Sugar Levels
Almonds can be a great travel snack! They are loaded with good nutrients including dietary fibre, vitamin E, magnesium and vitamin B12. They are also a convenient and healthy snack as you can easily keep a handful stored away in your bag and munch on them whenever you feel hungry while travelling.
Also Read:Calories In Almonds - All You Need To Know About Almonds And Their Benefits
Almonds are loaded with good nutrients including dietary fibre, vitamin E, magnesium and vitamin B12.
Oats are one of the best available options when you crave for a portion of tasty food and don't want to compromise with your health. Oats is a reliable source of valuable dietary fibres and there are some really great oatmeal cups out there that taste good and are lower in sugar. Many of them are locally sourced, means they're promptly accessible. They're easy to pack and only need some boiling water to cook.
Oats is a reliable source of valuable dietary fibres.
Like you prep with your luggage for travelling, it might be a good idea to prep a salad a night before you travel. They are a healthy snack that can last a few hours if you are travelling a short distance, like a sightseeing trip to a city. Team up corn, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes or slices of mango with dark leafy greens to make a super energizing snack. Stay away from those indulgent dressings though - you can pack some salt/ pepper with a slice of lemon to dress your salad just before you eat.
Also Read: This High-Fibre Salad Can Be A Delicious Addition To Your Diabetic Diet
Prepare a deliciousprotein-rich salad a night before you travel.
A sound, healthy and most effortless choice are hard-boiled eggs. The humble egg has impressive health credentials as it is a rich source of protein and is a nutrient powerhouse. Also, these eggs are super portable and help you stay full for a longer period of time.
Eggis a rich source of protein and is a nutrient powerhouse.
A bowl of crispy, creamy yogurt is one of the simplest foods which is easily available. You can group a bowl of yogurt with healthy organic products like muesli or seeds like flaxseeds and sunflower seeds to make a healthy, anytime snack. In addition, yogurt is an extraordinary probiotic that aids good digestion and keeps your gut and intestinal tract protected. All of this makes it a must-have in your travel backpack.
Yogurt is an extraordinary probiotic that aids good digestion and keeps your gut and intestinal tract protected.
About Author: A trained Bariatric Nutritionist from Hermann Memorial Hospital, Houston, USA, Ritika is the master trainer for Multidisciplinary Diabetes Care Education Programme for Project HOPE. She has an extensive experience in the field of nutrition and dietetics spanning over 20 years and is presently the Regional Head-Dietetics, Max Healthcare, New Delhi.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.
Originally posted here:
Diabetes Diet: Travel Healthy With These 5 Foods If You Are A Diabetic - NDTV Food
- How to live longer - the simple and exotic diet plan to prevent an early death - Express - July 7th, 2020
- Does Diet And Gut Bacteria Contribute To Arteries Aging? - Anti Aging News - July 7th, 2020
- Causes of Constipation and How to Relieve Constipation - LIVESTRONG.COM - July 7th, 2020
- Mark Wahlberg Was Only Supposed to Be Plant-Based for 12 Days. Now Its His Lifestyle. - menshealth.com - July 7th, 2020
- Me and my health: Lady Mary Peters on her lifestyle - Belfast Telegraph - July 7th, 2020
- Justin Bieber Posts Birthday Tribute to Post Malone While Remembering Breonna Taylor on the 4th of July - Billboard - July 7th, 2020
- Our Opinion: Proceed with care in opening schools - Greensboro News & Record - July 7th, 2020
- Weight loss: This Morning host Holly Willoughby stays in shape with simple trick - Express - July 7th, 2020
- Morning fitness challenge: Begin your day with this exercise to stay fit and healthy - Times Now - July 7th, 2020
- What you need to know about the lymphatic system the new frontier of wellness - Telegraph.co.uk - July 7th, 2020
- Trump administration vows to work 'hand in hand' with local governments to reopen schools amid coronavirus - Fox News - July 7th, 2020
- How NFL offensive linemen escape the 5,000-calorie lunch and transform in retirement - ESPN - July 7th, 2020
- Can eating chocolates make you fat? Here is a fact-check - Times of India - July 7th, 2020
- Shirtless Justin Bieber calls on people to amp up their fitness routines: Gonna go hard this month - PINKVILLA - July 7th, 2020
- LSHTM to play key role in ground-breaking new study into long-term health impacts of coronavirus - Mirage News - July 7th, 2020
- Breast cancer treatment may be less effective in obese women - TheHealthSite - July 7th, 2020
- Type 2 diabetes: The refreshing drink proven to stabilise blood sugar levels - Express - July 7th, 2020
- Five at-home exercises for ripped abs, according to a personal trainer - Daily Star - July 7th, 2020
- New national study into long-term health impacts of COVID-19 launched - Mirage News - July 7th, 2020
- What Is The Body Reset Diet By Harley Pasternak? How It Works - Women's Health - July 4th, 2020
- Andrew Thomas is Prepping for His First NFL Season with Burritos, Zoom Meetings, and Piano Breaks. - GQ - July 4th, 2020
- Boris Johnson Has a Personal Stake in Fighting Obesity - Yahoo Finance - July 4th, 2020
- Weight loss: Is brown bread good for weight loss? - Express - July 4th, 2020
- Training your body for surgery may improve recovery, reduce complications - HalifaxToday.ca - July 4th, 2020
- Covid has caused many changes in our lives. But there is one thing it has altered daily diet - The Financial Express - July 4th, 2020
- Why Every Person Reacts Differently to Diets - Bicycling - July 4th, 2020
- The Real-Life Diet of Giants Offensive Lineman Andrew Thomas, the No. 4 Pick in This Year's Draft - Yahoo Lifestyle - July 4th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson Is Reportedly Using the Mayr Method to Lose Weight, But Is It Healthy? - Prevention.com - July 4th, 2020
- Experts Offer Advice For Getting Back To Healthy Habits Changed By COVID-19 Pandemic - CBS New York - July 4th, 2020
- Hiatal Hernia Yoga, Exercise and Lifestyle Changes To Reduce The Risk of Hiatal Hernia - NJ MMA News - July 4th, 2020
- Exercising with Type 1 Diabetes: The Insulin-Food Balance Challenge - Diabetes In Control - July 4th, 2020
- 'I Did Keto For A Year Then Switched To A Higher-Carb DietAnd I Lost 135 Pounds In Less Than 2 Years' - Women's Health - July 4th, 2020
- Weight loss story: I lost 21 kilos without going to gym and by simply following Intermittent Fasting! - Times of India - July 4th, 2020
- Every Person Reacts Differently to DietsHeres Why - Yahoo Lifestyle - July 4th, 2020
- Beginner In Exercising? Here Are Some Important Points To Note And A Basic Workout To Start With - NDTV Doctor - July 4th, 2020
- ExpertSpeak: Effects Of PCOS On Fertility And Its Treatment Options - Femina - July 4th, 2020
- Assessing the Outcomes of a Brief Nutrition Education Intervention Among Division I Football Student-Athletes at Moderate Altitude - United States... - July 4th, 2020
- You Are What You Eat: Nutritional Mythbusting - Varsity Online - July 4th, 2020
- Working on the laptop all day? Try this one exercise regularly to avoid eye strain - Times Now - July 4th, 2020
- Does Exercise Help You Lose Weight? The Surprising Truth - July 1st, 2020
- Fitness for Diabetes: How Diet and Exercise Can Help You - July 1st, 2020
- 7 things you may be doing that can prevent weight loss - TODAY - July 1st, 2020
- Mayr method diet: What is the Viva Mayr diet plan? - TODAY - July 1st, 2020
- American Cancer Societys updated diet and physical activity guidelines to help lower cancer risk - The Globe and Mail - July 1st, 2020
- Exercising On An Empty Stomach: What Experts Think - Medical Daily - July 1st, 2020
- Former Mr. Texas is Transforming the C-Suite - D Magazine - July 1st, 2020
- Christina Anstead Reveals She's Getting Back to Work on Her HGTV Show - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - July 1st, 2020
- High blood pressure - the 1 breakfast fruit juice to protect against deadly hypertension - Express - July 1st, 2020
- High cholesterol: Four biggest habits to stop to lower levels and best food to include - Express - July 1st, 2020
- Jenni Murray: I hate the diet industry. Its caused me misery - The Guardian - July 1st, 2020
- Thrive patch: Does it help with weight loss? - Medical News Today - July 1st, 2020
- 2 R.I. hospitals to take part in big Alzheimers study - The Providence Journal - June 30th, 2020
- Green tea: Best time to drink healthy beverage for quick weight loss results - Express - June 30th, 2020
- More Than One-Third of Americans Have Dangerous Metabolic Syndrome - Healthline - June 30th, 2020
- 7 of the Best Free Weight Loss Apps - Clark.com - Clark Howard - June 30th, 2020
- The Real-Life Diet of David Dobrik, Who is Skipping Workouts and Eating Watermelon Sandwiches - GQ - June 30th, 2020
- 5 Anti-Aging Foods to Add to Your Diet - Top Anti-Aging Foods for Hair, Skin, Gut Health - TownandCountrymag.com - June 30th, 2020
- High blood pressure - the five exercises you can do at home to prevent hypertension - Express - June 30th, 2020
- Weight Loss: Follow THIS Japanese long breathing technique to lose weight - PINKVILLA - June 30th, 2020
- How to live longer: The five key criteria for protecting against cancer and an early death - Express - June 30th, 2020
- Weight loss: Tesco worker lost 7 stone and dropped five dress sizes with this diet plan - Express - June 30th, 2020
- Head to toe men's health: The joints - Loma Linda University Health - June 30th, 2020
- Is fasted cardio better for weight loss? This research might have the answer - T3 - June 30th, 2020
- Is Swimming A Good Workout For Weight Loss? How To Swim To Lose Weight - Women's Health - June 30th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson's Weight Loss Secrets Revealed: Here's the diet and exercise plan - PINKVILLA - June 22nd, 2020
- Lost your motivation to eat healthy and exercise during the pandemic? You are not alone - Health24 - June 22nd, 2020
- Best Foods to Eat and Avoid for Migraines - WTOP - June 22nd, 2020
- Local doctor gives tips on how to boost your immune system effectively - The Killeen Daily Herald - June 22nd, 2020
- Back pain - the best dinner vegetable you should add to your diet for avoiding backache - Express - June 22nd, 2020
- How to live longer - the 85p fruit you should add to your diet to avoid an early death - Express - June 22nd, 2020
- Five Healthy Choices Tied to Dramatic Cut in Dementia Risk - Medscape - June 22nd, 2020
- Delayed periods? Time to accept that household chores dont equate to exercise - Times of India - June 22nd, 2020
- How a High-Alkaline Diet Helps Avoid Injury and Recover Faster - The Beet - June 22nd, 2020
- How to lose weight in legs quickly and effectively: TOP 5 tips - The Times Hub - June 22nd, 2020
- Active nutrition and immunity: Experts discuss key ingredients, personalization, the microbiome, and more - NutraIngredients-usa.com - June 22nd, 2020
- Adult Acne Is Real: Here Are the Foods That Can Cause It - Healthline - June 22nd, 2020
- Juice diet plan: The best juices to help burn belly fat in 2 weeks and keep it off - Express - June 22nd, 2020
- How the foods you eat might help you fight cancer - Williston Daily Herald - June 22nd, 2020
- Dream of Alzheimers center for women comes true in Vegas - Jacksonville Journal-Courier - June 22nd, 2020
- Mind Healing: How are stress, sleep and sugary food connected; and what can we do about it? - Telegraph.co.uk - June 22nd, 2020