A couple have shared the incredible story of how they lost five stone between them during lockdown.
Louise Barry from Glanmire, Cork shed two stone sine the start of her weight loss journey with her husband Kieran also lost an amazng three stone.
The mum of four told how she managed to lose the pounds after years of struggling with weight and why her husband Kieran was motivated to join her new healthy regime: I would have always been up and down with my weight to be honest I would have always fluctuated.
"When I got married I would have been about a size 14-16 and I went down to 10 stone after I had the kids because we had four of them eight and under so I was always on the go.
Then in the last three years I found the weight was creeping up again and eventually in January I decided to do something about it so I joined Slimming World. At the beginning I weighed in at 12.1 stone which is the heaviest Ive been.
Losing the weight and sticking to the diet hasnt even been that difficult, its just about making changes to your diet, theyre not huge changes but they make such a difference.
The biggest change would be cutting out the bread, but if I feel peckish I go for fruit first before chocolate. If I feel like I need a treat Ill go for a square of dark chocolate rather than the whole bar!"
Speaking to RSVP Live, she said: I wouldnt ever deprive myself, if you totally deprive yourself youll just go mad and binge out. But if you let yourself have it the odd time and just start again, thats the easiest way to do it for me.
Im fairly active as well, I would always walk a good bit. Especially during lockdown, myself and my husband Kieran would aim to do over 5k a day.
If I dont have my 10k steps I have to go out for a walk before bed to make sure I reach it.
This is the first time Ive tried properly, Ive tried cutting down myself but it just wasnt working out for me. I heard from my cousin before Christmas she was doing Slimming World but I wasnt in the frame of mind for it so I waited until after Christmas.
"I didnt say it to anybody, I just said in my own mind I was doing it for me and I have to say Im delighted with it."
Louise says that her husband also decided to follow the diet and he too lost an incredible amount of weight.
"My husband Kieran has even been following the diet as well because he eats what I eat and he has lost three stone.
"He would have been curious to what I was eating and the dinners just changed a bit so we were eating the same. Its just little changes that make the big difference, and the food is just as nice.
I know a lot of people struggle in lockdown putting weight on so I just got into the mindset that I wasnt going to let that happen and I wasnt going back there again.
"Old clothes that I had before were beginning to fit again and I just said no, Im not going back there being miserable again.
"I have dresses that I had three years ago that would have been too small and now they fit, so that gives me great motivation to go on.
"Feeling better in myself and becoming fitter is another driving force. I have two protruding discs in my back and since Ive lost the weight I havent been having problems with that so my health has benefited too.
"Its been great for Kieran and I too, were in this together, I suppose it was easier that he was with me because before when I would have been dieting hed have been sitting down with treats so its easier to not have that temptation now.
"The kids are kind of taking it up as well just knowing how to make healthier choices."
The couple own a furniture store in Little Island and they have recently returned to work after lockdown.
"Kieran and I have Living Dreamz, bedding and furniture in Little Island and we went back to work on June 8. I find it easier in work because at home there might be more temptations for picking at food but in work you bring your healthy lunch and that's all you have and your brain is busy working.
"And you feel better in yourself after the healthier choices.
"I would have so much more energy now and I just feel more confident in myself. Before I might have been struggling with walks but now I fly through them and dont feel breathless or tired.
"People say that keeping the weight off is the hard part but thats all new territory now! If I can make it through lockdown hopefully I can keep it up."
- This is where losing weight really begins - KGUN - July 7th, 2020
- The 15 Best Expert Tips to Succeed at Your Plant-Based Diet - The Beet - July 7th, 2020
- Lose weight: Three health hacks to help you lose belly fat after lockdown - T3 - July 7th, 2020
- Slimming World champion lifts the lid on losing weight in lockdown - Nottinghamshire Live - July 7th, 2020
- 'With Intermittent Fasting And The CICO Diet, I Lost Over 100 Pounds In 14 Months' - Women's Health - July 7th, 2020
- Gemma Collins looks slimmer than ever as she models new PJ collection after three stone weight loss - The Sun - July 7th, 2020
- Former NFL Linemen Reveal The Surprising Struggles Of Losing Weight After Spending Years Getting Paid To Be A Massive Human - BroBible - July 7th, 2020
- Weight loss: Add this spice to your diet daily to help burn belly fat fast - Express - July 7th, 2020
- 5ive's Abz Love looks incredible after losing weight and feels younger than ever - Mirror Online - July 7th, 2020
- Five months after final game, Joe Staley says he's lost tremendous amount of weight - KNBR - July 7th, 2020
- Removing food delivery apps helped with my weight loss: Simon K King - The Hindu - July 7th, 2020
- Dom Sibley Reveals The Time He Felt The Need To Lose His Weight - Cricket Addictor - July 7th, 2020
- Amazing Slimming World weight loss transformations in June - Plymouth Live - July 7th, 2020
- Slimming World groups in Trowbridge take District of the Year title - This Is Wiltshire - July 7th, 2020
- Dublin woman shares how she lost 3st - and continued to lose weight during lockdown - RSVP Live - July 7th, 2020
- How to lose visceral fat: One of the best exercises to help burn belly fat - Express - July 7th, 2020
- Strict exercise regime without correct diet is unhel..ace mayonnaise, eight other foods for fast weight loss - Firstpost - July 7th, 2020
- Survey reveals stress, anxiety, tiredness and boredom are the main causes of unhealthy eating habits in lockdown - Leamington Observer - July 7th, 2020
- Galway PT shares tips for fussy eaters who want to change diet and lose weight - RSVP Live - July 7th, 2020
- Super slimmer mum loses seven stone in incredible transformation after simple boost of confidence - Birmingham Live - July 7th, 2020
- Lockdown weight loss story: From an overweight kid to a fitness blogger, this guy's weight loss journey is incredible! - Times of India - June 30th, 2020
- Trying to shed extra kilos? Include these 6 snacks to achieve your goals - PINKVILLA - June 30th, 2020
- This Guy Shared What He Has Learned After Doing Intermittent Fasting for 7 Years - Men's Health - June 30th, 2020
- Tom Kerridge weight loss: how the Remarkable Places to Eat chef shed 12st - The Scottish Sun - June 30th, 2020
- Looking to lose weight in a healthy way? Try these desi weight loss breakfast recipes - India TV News - June 30th, 2020
- Yo Gotti Reveals A Massive Weight Loss Of 40 Pounds - Celebrity Insider - June 30th, 2020
- Lockdown weight loss: Here's how I lost 10 kilos in 3 months post my C-sec delivery - Times of India - June 30th, 2020
- Film Study: Why Skinny Jokic Should Thrive, Not Struggle In Nuggets Return - Forbes - June 30th, 2020
- Understanding The Link Between Hypertension And Obesity: Know How To Regulate Your Blood Pressure Numbers - NDTV Doctor - June 30th, 2020
- Should You Exercise On An Empty Stomach? Here's What The Experts Say - mindbodygreen.com - June 30th, 2020
- Is The Keto Diet Bad For You? Dangers Of The Low-Carb Diet - Women's Health - June 30th, 2020
- Rob Kardashian's Body Evolution Through the Years - MSN Money - June 30th, 2020
- Were all big guys: To hit their weight goals without provided meals, BSU football linemen had to adapt - The Star Press - June 30th, 2020
- Sixers' Zhaire Smith will miss Orlando restart with knee injury - PhillyVoice.com - June 30th, 2020
- First-person account: I got COVID in Boise. I'm fine, but here's what I went through - boisedev.com - June 30th, 2020
- What Is The Mayr Method Diet Rebel Wilson Is Using To Lose Weight? - Women's Health - June 26th, 2020
- Smriti Irani shares a relatable post on the struggles of losing weight; it will make you laugh out loud - Times of India - June 26th, 2020
- The incredible weight loss of one of the best props in rugby history - Rugby OnSlaught - June 26th, 2020
- Man shed nearly 300 pounds, credits massive weight loss with helping him beat coronavirus, find love - Home - WSFX - June 26th, 2020
- How did Teen Moms Chelsea Houska lose all her weight? - The Sun - June 26th, 2020
- Collagen and your weight: The myth and merits - All4Women - June 26th, 2020
- How Chris Moyles shed 5st in weight loss transformation by ditching bread for juice and working with David - The Sun - June 26th, 2020
- After two miscarriages I gave up comfort food and lost nine stone to fulfil my dream of becoming a mum - The Sun - June 26th, 2020
- Sexual Abuse and Eating Disorders: What's the Connection? - PsychCentral.com - June 26th, 2020
- The man shed nearly 300 pounds, credits massive weight loss with helping him beat the coronavirus, finding love - NewsDio - June 26th, 2020
- Protein Powder with Coffee: Benefits, Downsides, and How To - Healthline - June 26th, 2020
- Walking to lose weight: Does it work? - TODAY - June 25th, 2020
- Rowing for Weight Loss: Calories Burned, Workout Plans, and More - Healthline - June 25th, 2020
- Not losing weight anymore? This can help - Jill Lopez - June 25th, 2020
- Resurge Reviews: Does It Really Work? [2020 Update] - Riverfront Times - June 25th, 2020
- Common foods that help you lose weight much faster - Checkersaga - June 25th, 2020
- When I Started Eating A Plant-Based Diet And Walking For Weight Loss, My Body Changed Almost Instantly - Women's Health - June 25th, 2020
- Four dals that are best for weight loss - Times of India - June 25th, 2020
- 5 Foods that will help you lose weight + recipes - All4Women - June 25th, 2020
- Homemade weight loss shakes to help stay in shape - Times of India - June 25th, 2020
- The pandemic, body image, and what matters most - al.com - June 25th, 2020
- 'I Lost 125 Lbs. With Rachel Hollis' Last 90 Days Challenge And Intuitive Eating' - Women's Health - June 25th, 2020
- Must be inclusive and diverse HUL drops Fair from their Fair & Lovely product line - ThePrint - June 25th, 2020
- Connor Wickham on breaking his duck, losing weight and his Sheffield Wednesday future - Yorkshire Live - June 25th, 2020
- MENTAL HEALTH: Why it's vital to seek support if you are having problems - Ilkley Gazette - June 25th, 2020
- Weight loss: How to lose your lockdown belly fat in 2 weeks - Express - June 20th, 2020
- Problem is everyone is trying to be good and perfect: Lifestyle coach, author Luke Coutinho - The New Indian Express - June 20th, 2020
- Healthy Diabetes Diet Helps Blood Sugar and Weight Management - The Good Men Project - June 20th, 2020
- 'Man of the Year' Andy's amazing transformation after losing more than 5st - Stoke-on-Trent Live - June 20th, 2020
- Experts say lockdown is a good time to think about healthy eating and lifestyle choices - The Sunday Post - June 20th, 2020
- Hes Horncastles Man of the Year - Horncastle News - June 20th, 2020
- What Is the Lazy Keto Diet? - Can You Lose Weight on the Lazy Keto Diet? - GoodHousekeeping.com - June 19th, 2020
- Gemma Collins reveals her desires to have a baby in her forties, talks losing weight to try to get pregnant - Yahoo Sports - June 19th, 2020
- Weight loss: Experts behind Adeles weight loss diet share the ultimate healthy snack - Express - June 19th, 2020
- The truth about the lazy keto diet - The List - June 19th, 2020
- Food mistakes to avoid during the lockdown if you are trying to lose weight - The Standard - June 19th, 2020
- Weight loss: Can the colour of your plate influence the numbers on your scale? - TheHealthSite - June 19th, 2020
- International Yoga Day 2020: From stress buster to weight loss; 7 reasons you cannot say no to yoga - Catch News - June 19th, 2020
- How Heat Inspired Derek Cianfrance and Mark Ruffalos Collaboration on I Know This Much Is True - Variety - June 19th, 2020
- The importance of physical activity for the over 40s - Wales247 - June 19th, 2020
- Jessica Simpson Is Teaching Her Daughters About Weight and Body Image - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - June 19th, 2020
- If losing your job to the pandemic destroyed your identity, here's how to find it - KTVZ - June 19th, 2020
- Using OMAD Diet Days And Weighing My Food, I Lost 195 Pounds In Less Than 2 Years - Women's Health - June 17th, 2020
- CHARLES ROMANS: Before calories and inches | Opinion - The Independent - June 17th, 2020
- Are the Rockets worried about James Hardens pre-existing condition? - Space City Scoop - June 17th, 2020