FOR many years, the menopause landscape was arid no open conversations and little to no media coverage. The last few years, 2019 in particular, has welcomed a new evolving landscape.
This year saw Irelands first ever menopause summit The M Word held in Dublin in October featuring home grown and international experts discussing and exploring the world of menopause. The tide has turned!
Its thrilling to see the progress that has been made in simply 12 months. Personally, I have been speaking in many locations in Ireland and it is always with great openness that women attend, eager to learn more and eager to share their own personal stories and help each other.
The time for the menopause conversation is now. Its happening and will continue to happen until it is accepted for the normal life change it is.
One of my favourite moments of 2019 was delivering a talk for the HSE to the Travelling Community reaching all parts of society is a passion of mine and one I will continue to embrace its imperative we go on this journey together as a nation and no-one is left out.
This year also saw the extension of Diane Danzebrinks Make Menopause Matter Campaign to Ireland under the Make Menopause Matter Ireland umbrella.
The conversation around menopause is a global one and women are uniting across the world to a common aim empowering, helping and supporting one another.
The Ireland campaign has three main aims:
Education for all women and families, same-sex relationships. Education for minority group, for example, women with intellectual disabilities and the travelling community. Education around the choices women have lifestyle, medical, etc. Enhanced education and awareness for GPs in relation to menopause
Menopause in the Workplace: Promotion within workplaces of the symptoms of menopause and ensuring in house support for women. Women are at their most creative in menopause this needs to be embraced and women acknowledged for the knowledge and wisdom they have achieved over the years.
The addition of Menopause to the Curriculum. The UK achieved this in the last few months, all countries should follow suit.
You can help by signing our campaign on uplift.ie.
The health of midlife women will get a further boost in 2020, with the Department of Healths new Womens Health Taskforce highlighting Menopause as one of the top health concerns amongst Irish women.
We are watching a massive cultural shift in workplaces at the moment. We have delivered workshops to progressive companies like Oriflame, Coke, and Irish Cement, as part of their employee well-being program.
What that means for midlife women is awareness, understanding and support 9 to 5 during the years that menopause can be tough on physical and mental health.
If 2018/19 have been about women understanding this seismic change in their own bodies, then 2020 will see more outreach on menopause to partners.
Its crucial because, as we know, a difficult menopause can have profound effects on relationships and family life. When dealing with a challenging menopause, the support and understanding of your partner and family can make a huge difference.
Its important to bring information to women in their communities.
So Im starting 2020 with a talk in Cork on January 9 at the Kingsley Hotel.
Perimenopause Unplugged will be a primer on perimenopause and menopause: What to expect, how to prepare, how to ease symptoms, and more importantly, what you can do to thrive through this chapter in your life.
Ill be looking at the options available from the natural route to Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), allowing you to understand these options in an unbiased and informed way.
Tickets for the event are for sale on Eventbrite with all further details for the night also available at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/79161507199
For more also on Catherines work, see http://www.wellnesswarrior.ie
We are watching a massive cultural shift in workplaces.
Continue reading here:
Continuing to break the taboo around menopause in 2020 - Echo Live
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market by Scope, Growth Prospective, Application & Forecast - Vital News 24 - January 24th, 2020
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) - NHS - January 22nd, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Witness Highest Growth In Near Future | Amgen, Inc., Novo Nordisk, Eli Lily Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 22nd, 2020
- LDUNA Aesthetics and Wellness Center Grand Opening Celebration, Jan. 22 - Nevada Business Magazine - January 22nd, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market: Lucrative Opportunities - Melanian News - January 22nd, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Segmented by Application, Growth, Trends, Regions & Forecast to 2027 - Melanian News - January 22nd, 2020
- At US$ 13366.5 Mn Reached Compounding Pharmacies Market With 7.5% CAGR Value In The Year of 2025 - Dagoretti News - January 22nd, 2020
- Trump-appointed judge rules trans people have no right to be called by their personal pronouns - LGBTQ Nation - January 22nd, 2020
- What Is Perimenopause And How Young Can It Start? : Shots - Health News - NPR - January 19th, 2020
- Hormone replacement is helping patients stay healthy later in life. - WWLTV.com - January 19th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market is Touching New Level A Comprehensive Study With Key Players Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 19th, 2020
- A New Bill Is Trying to Criminalize Lifesaving Healthcare for Trans Teens - Tonic - January 19th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market : Trends and Future Applications - Fusion Science Academy - January 19th, 2020
- Hypertension Starts Years Earlier in Women Than Men, Serial BP Shows - TCTMD - January 19th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Set to Record Exponential Growth by 2025 with Top Key Players-Abbott Laboratories, Novartis, Pfizer, Mylan... - January 19th, 2020
- Xemself, Eirself, and Verself: U.S. Appeals Court Wont Go There - Forbes - January 15th, 2020
- 'Why We Can't Sleep' Can't Convince - Book and Film Globe - January 15th, 2020
- Home - Happy Hormone Cottage - January 13th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy After Hysterectomy - January 13th, 2020
- Male Hormone Replacement Therapy | Endocrinology | Dartmouth ... - January 13th, 2020
- North America Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Expected to Generate a Value of US $4.7 Billion by 2024 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - January 13th, 2020
- We Are A Safe Space: Center In Beaver County Aiming To Help LGBTQ Community And Break Stigmas - CBS Pittsburgh - January 13th, 2020
- Bayer and Dar Bioscience Announce Exclusive Licensing Agreement for US Commercial Rights to Ovaprene , an Investigational Hormone-Free, Monthly... - January 13th, 2020
- Recent Growth in Global Hormone Replacement Therapy (Hrt) Market Quantitative and Qualitative, Innovation in Technology, Expected to Witness Rapid... - January 13th, 2020
- Thinking of menopausal hormone therapy? Here's what you can expect from your GP - The Conversation AU - January 12th, 2020
- CHP's Dr. Stoepker helping to change the landscape of accessible health care for LGBTQ infividuals | - theberkshireedge.com - January 12th, 2020
- Protagonist Therapeutics Initiates Phase 2 Study of Novel Hepcidin Mimetic PTG-300 in the Treatment of Patients with Hereditary Hemochromatosis |... - January 8th, 2020
- BAVENCIO Significantly Improved Overall Survival in Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma - PRNewswire - January 8th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Perspective with Study of Leading Players and Revenue to Significant Growth Forecast by 2030 - Instanews247 - January 8th, 2020
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Analysis by Recent Developments and Research 2020 to 2026 - Market Research Sheets - January 6th, 2020
- The Top Five News Stories In Iceland Of 2019 - Reykjavk Grapevine - January 6th, 2020
- Cathy, 31, tells of the agony she suffered as she went through menopause at just 13 - The Sun - January 6th, 2020
- Republican politician introduces law to ban trans athletes from playing on teams that match their gender identity - PinkNews - January 6th, 2020
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Report 2019 Significant Trends and Factors Driving the Market Development Forecast to 2025 - Market... - December 31st, 2019
- Pregnant women can reduce their blood clot risk on flights - Japan Today - December 31st, 2019
- Experts offer tips to help pregnant women traveling by air reduce risk of blood clots - PhillyVoice.com - December 31st, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Pegged for Robust Expansion During 2017 2027 - Market Reports Observer - December 31st, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Global Sales, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin Forecast To 2025 - Market Research Sheets - December 31st, 2019
- Lorraine Kelly health: ITV host reveals health condition that left her knackered' - Express - December 31st, 2019
- EPR's news round-up 2019: the stories that defined the year - European Pharmaceutical Review - December 20th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Explore Future Growth - Market Research Sheets - December 20th, 2019
- Estrogen Replacement Accounts for Over 80% of Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Revenues - News Cast Report - December 20th, 2019
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Growing Trends and forecast 2019 to 2025 - Market Research Sheets - December 20th, 2019
- How The Symptoms Of Perimenopause Sneak Up On Women & How To Deal With Irregular Periods, Heavy Bleeding And Hot Flashes - YourTango - December 20th, 2019
- I was infected with HIV by the first man I slept with after my divorce he died just weeks after telling me - The Sun - December 20th, 2019
- Why hormones cause women to get headaches more than men - TODAY - December 18th, 2019
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Foresight by 2019 2025| Key Companies Pfizer, BioSante Pharmaceuticals and Amgen, Noven Pharmaceuticals,... - December 18th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Competition is Assessed Based on Development Pursuits of Leading Players in Both Regional and Global Industry by... - December 18th, 2019
- Acer Therapeutics Announces Full Enrollment of Part B in ACER-001 Pivotal Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Trial for Urea Cycle Disorders - BioSpace - December 18th, 2019
- Hormon replacement therapy Market Is Set To Grow During 2020 To 2029 | Value Chain, Profit Margin and Future Guidelines - True Version - December 18th, 2019
- Southern trans adults struggle to find health care. Heres why - Daily Advertiser - December 13th, 2019
- PPI Use and Periodontal Disease: What's the Link? - MPR - Monthly Prescribing Reference - December 13th, 2019
- Taking Care Of Your Thyroid Naturally - monroviaweekly - December 13th, 2019
- Breast Cancer and Hair Dye: Is There A Link Between Coloring Your Hair and Cancer? - Parade - December 13th, 2019
- Always removed the female symbol from its period products. Who benefits? - Vox.com - December 13th, 2019
- Best books of the decade: 19 books from the 2010s that mattered to us - Vox.com - December 13th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2019 Size, Capacity, Production, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin, Industry Trend & Forecast by 2061 - SG... - December 13th, 2019
- Compounding Pharmacies Market 2019 Size, Share, Analysis, Applications, Sale, Growth Insight, Trends, Leaders, Services and Forecast 2025 - Tribunal... - December 13th, 2019
- Zoo celebrates conservation with grant to help students come out of their shell | Causes - Pensacola News Journal - December 13th, 2019
- Hormon replacement therapy Market Growth By Regions like Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and South America - Industry... - December 13th, 2019
- A Genetic Dating App Is a Horrifying Thing That Shouldnt Exist - Free - December 10th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Size SWOT Analysis of Top Key Player Forecasts To 2025 - The Market Stats News - December 10th, 2019
- Society needs to stop asking, So, when are you having a baby? - Thrive Global - December 10th, 2019
- BEAUTY AND HER BRAIN: Former figure skater and SUNshine Girl talks concussions - Toronto Sun - December 10th, 2019
- Teen who beat cancer vows to become a doctor to help others like her - Metro.co.uk - December 10th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Top Players (Endo International, AbbVie, Eli lilly, Pfizer, Actavis, Bayer, Novartis, Teva, Mylan,... - December 10th, 2019
- Global and Regional Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2019 by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - Industry News Report... - December 10th, 2019
- 50 notable medical advancements of the decade - msnNOW - December 7th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Solid Analyzed Segmentation, Demand, Recent Share Estimation and Growth Prospects by Regions to 2017 to 2026 -... - December 7th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Size, Growth, Analysis Of Key- players Types And Application, Outlook 2025 - OracleAlpha - December 7th, 2019
- Hot Flashes Can Be Fast and Furious - Chicago Health - December 7th, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market: Information, Figures and Analytical Insights 2019-2026 - Weekly Spy - December 4th, 2019
- The First 'Bespoke' TRT Clinic in the UK - News Anyway - December 4th, 2019
- How to adjust to life after menopause - The Standard - December 4th, 2019
- 50 notable medical advancements of the decade - Alton Telegraph - December 3rd, 2019
- Global Hormone Replacement Therapy Market 2019 by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 - The Industry Reporter - December 3rd, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy Market Current Trends, SWOT Analysis, Strategies, Industry Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study2017... - December 3rd, 2019
- Manage the symptoms of menopause | The Post - Independent Online - December 3rd, 2019
- COLUMN: Menopause is not funny, and we should stop treating it like a bloody joke - Summerland Review - December 3rd, 2019
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market 2019 Growth Rate, Gross Margin, Competitive Situation and Trends, Forecast To 2025 - Press X Now - December 1st, 2019