The coronavirus pandemic is changing all our lives including the way we shop as the Governments new social distancing measures strike home.
In the past week Ocado, the online grocery retailer that delivers Waitrose and own-brand products, was forced to suspend its website as it struggled to cope with demand, while some other well-known delivery services such as Abel & Cole and Oddbox announced they would be temporarily unable to take new orders.
Abel & Cole and Ocado relaunched their sites over the weekend, with queues for the latter into the thousands.
Yet there are many more small, independent companies worth knowing about that deliver sensible quantities of high-quality food to our doorsteps and were not just talking fruit and veg.
Fresh pasta, meat and nutritious pre-prepared meals can also be safely and easily delivered straight to your home or to the homes of those you can't spend time with at the moment.
These contact-free delivery companies are already well positioned to offer their services to self-isolators, while safeguarding their own staff.
Healthy meal delivery company, Fresh Fitness Food promises daily delivery of everything you need to eat that day: three main meals and a snack.
Chief executive Caspar Rose says the brands customers tend to be busy London professionals with body composition goals but, in the last week or so, new orders have come from those wanting to boost immunity with a balanced diet that will best prepare them for combating the virus, should they contract it.
The companys free delivery radius takes in areas within the M25, always between 11pm and 6am, to doorsteps or an apartment concierge.
People can wake up in the morning, their cooler bags are there, each labelled and air-sealed, says Rose. Our deliveries are already no contact.
Restaurant closures have seen the brands suppliers receiving far fewer orders than they were even a few days ago, with one usually taking 100,000 in nightly orders taking only 10 per cent of that last night, says Rose.
Our suppliers are fully stocked and, as an essential service, we plan to deliver through any lockdown.
Fresh Fitness Food plans cost from 23 a day. NHS workers can get 50 per cent off, while anyone working remotely during the coronavirus outbreak can use the code WFH10 for 10 per cent off.
Contact-free:sealed, chilled bags from Fresh Fitness Foods are dropped off between the hours of 11pm and 6am. Free delivery within the M25.
London-based homemade pasta specialist Pasta Evangelists has next-day delivery to anywhere in Great Britain and Northern Ireland at a cost of 3.50, or free for orders of 25-plus.
"We are experiencing a very large uplift, with order numbers up 600-700 per cent, says founder and managing director Alessandro Savelli. We are fully equipped to fulfil every order.
Pasta and sauces are made in London every day, then delivered in thin recyclable boxes through letterboxes, or to designated safe places.
The brand has committed to full pay for staff throughout the coronavirus crisis, including for those who need to self-isolate.
Prices per dish start from around 6. A new launch is the pasta care package which, at 25, includes a 5 donation to Age UK. Its the perfect pick-me-up for the NHS worker or self-isolating relative in your life.
Scottish online butchers Donald Russell is open as usual with its next available delivery date currently this Saturday, March 28.
Based in Aberdeen, the brand uses national couriers and delivers across the UK.
Many customers are placing larger orders than usual. However, we have plenty of product and our butchers are still working hard to be able to meet the current demand, says marketing director Sue Stephenson.
Chilled boxes are left on doorsteps or another safe place. Prices vary, one package on offer at the moment is 10 microwaveable dishes for 50.25.
Well stocked:Scottish online butchers Donald Russell has a next available delivery date of Saturday 28 March
HIIT Kitchen, a meal delivery service, started as a healthy eatery in St Albans just over two years ago.
The brand delivers three days worth of meals to your doorsteps on Mondays and Thursdays, at 10 per delivery.
Co-founder Kris Tyrell says: We previously got investment, around two months ago, so sales have gone up since then. But in the past week theyve doubled.
Using their own temperature-controlled van, plus DPDs services, the brand plans to continue deliveries nationwide. Prices are from 7 for main meals.
- Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: How to break your fast in a healthy way to avoid digestive troubles - Times of India - May 24th, 2020
- Pets are great, but think before adopting | News | ottumwacourier.com - Ottumwacourier - May 24th, 2020
- Inside the pilot program that Iowa State is using to bring back its athletes - Syracuse Journal-Democrat - May 24th, 2020
- Mum lost five stone in a year and became super fit after the dramatic birth of her baby - Berkshire Live - Berkshire Live - May 24th, 2020
- How to lose a stone and tone up during lockdown - The Times - May 24th, 2020
- Telehealth Visits Allow Patients to Connect to Care During COVID-19 - UC San Diego Health - May 24th, 2020
- What is FODMAP intolerance and how to relieve the symptoms - Insider - INSIDER - May 24th, 2020
- Ellie Goulding Reveals She Fasts for Up to 40 Hours at a Time: I Do It Very Safely - Us Weekly - May 19th, 2020
- Need a little lockdown weight loss? Eat MORE of these five foods and LESS of these blacklisted ones - T3 - May 19th, 2020
- How the Sixers Are Staying Fit and Eating Healthy at Home Right Now - phillymag.com - May 19th, 2020
- Reevaluating fish consumption advisories during the COVID-19 pandemic: Analysis - Environmental Health News - May 19th, 2020
- 6 Tips on How to Stay Active at Home - Freeport Journal-Standard - May 19th, 2020
- Ellie Goulding reveals she fasts up to 40 hours at a time - The Indian Express - May 19th, 2020
- How to get out of quarantine in good health and not overweight - The Times Hub - May 19th, 2020
- Ways to Fuel Your Immune System Not Just to Fight Off the Coronavirus - Reform Austin - May 18th, 2020
- One Twin Went Vegan. The Other Didn't. Here's What Happened to Their Bodies - Yahoo Lifestyle - May 18th, 2020
- Mix of straw and hay proves effective in stripping weight off ponies - study - Horsetalk - May 18th, 2020
- Mitchell Park's Fatty the parrot is missing - IOL - May 18th, 2020
- Born on this day - May 12: Jonah Lomu, All Blacks winger - IOL - May 18th, 2020
- From fighting off jaguars to eating frogs and SNAKES for 71 days the most shocking wilderness survival s - The Irish Sun - May 18th, 2020
- Your Cat Is Totally Allowed to Eat These 7 Human Foods We Asked 2 Vets to Be Sure - POPSUGAR - May 15th, 2020
- Ohio State experts offer tips for healthy transition to workplace as state reopens - Pike County News Watchman - May 15th, 2020
- As Boris Johnson vows to lose weight the 6 ways to do it safely - The Sun - May 15th, 2020
- 5 Genius Ways to Use Chia Seeds, According to Nutritionists - The Beet - May 15th, 2020
- The Pain of Perfection When You Live With a Chronic Illness - Yahoo News - May 15th, 2020
- Ohio State experts offer tips for healthy transition to post-COVID-19 workplace - The Ohio State University News - May 15th, 2020
- Eating to beat COVID-19, othersInterview - Guardian - May 15th, 2020
- Houston medical experts on how to be healthy during and after COVID-19 - CultureMap Houston - May 15th, 2020
- 6 Medicinal Mushrooms that Boost Immunity - One Green PlanetOne Green Planet - One Green Planet - May 15th, 2020
- For Your Fitness: When you want to be healthier - LaineyGossip - May 15th, 2020
- Staying safe, healthy amid pandemic during proposed reopenings: Dr Nina Radcliff - Press of Atlantic City - May 10th, 2020
- Is Brad Pitt Vegan? What You Need to Know - LIVEKINDLY - May 10th, 2020
- 9 Myths About Low-Carb Diets - Healthline - May 9th, 2020
- Can You Eat Fish Skin, and Is It Healthy? - Healthline - May 9th, 2020
- How to build muscle at home: 5 of the most effective muscle building tips for beginners (and pros too) - T3 - May 9th, 2020
- COVID-19: How effective has HR been so far? | theHRD - The HR Director Magazine - May 9th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting: How it can help you lose weight and even save money - CNET - May 9th, 2020
- Obesity does increase risk of death from Covid-19 but diets arent the answer, chief doc warns - The Sun - May 6th, 2020
- Your front line defence isn't masks and gloves: its health - Gulf Times - May 6th, 2020
- Fare Exchange: A crustless quiche, an easy side dish and a variation on banana bread - Chattanooga Times Free Press - May 6th, 2020
- Is It Safe to Dine Out? The Answer Is Extremely Partisan. - The Daily Beast - May 6th, 2020
- Need To Satisfy A Beauty Itch? We've Got 4 Safe Ways To Have Fun Right Now - mindbodygreen.com - May 6th, 2020
- Three Ways to Support a Healthy Food System During the COVID-19 Pandemic - EcoWatch - May 6th, 2020
- McDonald's in Harrow among the first fifteen restaurants to reopen - Harrow Times - May 6th, 2020
- Can You Eat Expired Yogurt? Heres What Food Safety Experts Have To Say - Women's Health - May 2nd, 2020
- Let the Sunshine In - The New York Times - May 2nd, 2020
- BARRATTS JOIN FORCES WITH WESSEX HEARTBEAT TO PROMOTE ISOLATION HEALTH TIPS - Island Echo - May 1st, 2020
- Is Corn Gluten-Free? Here's What to Know - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 1st, 2020
- McDonald's confirms when it will begin to re-open branches across the UK - NW Evening Mail - May 1st, 2020
- Millions Of Zimbabweans Are Already Struggling To Put Food On The Table UN Report - ZimEye - Zimbabwe News - May 1st, 2020
- Coping with Corona: Inclined to recline - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader - May 1st, 2020
- Irrfan Khan's Son, Babil Shares a Video of the Late Actor Eating Pani Puri and it's Bound to Make You Smile - LatestLY - May 1st, 2020
- Excerpt: Fix it With Food; Superfoods to become Superhealthy by Kavita Devgan - Hindustan Times - April 30th, 2020
- Weight Loss Transformation Erika Winning Run to Lose Weight - runnersworld.com - April 30th, 2020
- Diabetes and Ramadan: Frequently asked questions - Greater Kashmir - April 30th, 2020
- How to Manage Stress Migraines During the Coronavirus Outbreak - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - April 30th, 2020
- Six-Pack Abs: How Long Does It Take, Nutrition, and Exercise - Greatist - April 30th, 2020
- Opinion: Column: And So It Begins - Virginia Connection Newspapers - April 30th, 2020
- What to do if you find a baby bird on the ground - Deseret News - April 23rd, 2020
- Hunters, anglers, even Fish and Wildlife commissioners say restrictions on recreation should be lifted - The Spokesman-Review - April 23rd, 2020
- A real world version of Pokmon Go lets you track orangutans in the jungle - Massive Science - April 23rd, 2020
- Good Health Begins in Your Mouth - Live Trading News - April 23rd, 2020
- Four healthy eating strategies to work on while staying at home - The Globe and Mail - April 20th, 2020
- Opinion: There Is No 'Get Tough' With Coronavirus; We Need A New Slogan - NPR - April 20th, 2020
- The cost of deferred care: We cannot pause our healthcare system - Jordan Times - April 20th, 2020
- Inverness vet: Pets can provide comfort in these worrying times - Inverness Courier - April 20th, 2020
- Cuomo: New York Has Passed COVID-19 Peak, Warns of Second Wave - wpdh.com - April 20th, 2020
- Where does good news fit in the coverage of a pandemic? - Poynter - April 20th, 2020
- The importance of taking part in the census - Austin Daily Herald - Austin Herald - April 18th, 2020
- Your socially isolated brain craves interaction with other people just as much as it craves a meal when you are hungry - Massive Science - April 18th, 2020
- Cauliflower Rice: Calories and Nutrition Facts - Healthline - April 17th, 2020
- Eat REAL's #RainbowTacoChallenge Promotes Food Access, Joyful Cooking with Colorful Foods, and Social Connectivity - PRUnderground - April 17th, 2020
- Page A4 | E-Edition | thetandd.com - The Times and Democrat - April 17th, 2020
- If You Want To Lose 20 Pounds Or More, Strength Training Matters More Than You Think - Yahoo Lifestyle - April 16th, 2020
- What is reverse dieting and how to best recover from a restrictive diet - Insider - INSIDER - April 16th, 2020
- Cheetah #Cubdate 2: April 14 - Smithsonian's National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute - April 16th, 2020
- Simple science communication helps ease fears and spread good information during the COVID-19 pandemic - Massive Science - April 16th, 2020
- How to Deal With Feeling Bad About Your Body During Isolation - VICE UK - April 12th, 2020
- Novelist Andrew Cotto on Giving Up Meat and Dairy for a Week. - The Beet - April 12th, 2020
- He Eats Meat But Owns Vegan Restaurantsand in the Wake of Coronavirus, He Thinks We All Need to Rethink Our Diets - VegNews - April 12th, 2020