RIDGEFIELD,Conn., Oct. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Boehringer Ingelheim has entered a collaboration with the Yale Clinical and Translational Research Accelerator to launch a study exploring digital health technologies for adults with heart failure. The goal of the study is to determine the impact of three digital health technologies on patient outcomes, clinical efficiencies and the improvement in patient quality of life.
Technology partners were selected for evaluation in the study based on their ability to increase engagement in disease management and provide information to healthcare providers. They include Bodyport, a data-driven smart scale with enhanced cardiac monitoring directly accessible by providers; Noom, a data-driven, live coaching app featuring personalized plans for diet and weight management; and Conversa, an automated conversational platform designed to motivate patients to actively manage their health.
"Exploring solutions for the heart failure community to help manage this debilitating condition is a priority for Boehringer Ingelheim," said Christine Marsh, senior vice president, Market Access, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. "We launched this study with Yale to help identify how digital health technology may address some of the key pain points for adults with heart failure, like the need for more frequent communication with healthcare providers in between visits and coaching to help with the daily management of the condition."
In the U.S., heart failure affects over six million people, with more than one million people hospitalized due to the condition every year. Heart failure occurs when the heart cannot pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body and is the most common and severe complication of a heart attack. People with heart failure often experience breathlessness and fatigue, which can severely impact their quality of life.
The innovative study design will randomize patients to one of three technologies or usual care in a single study over six months. Considering the current telemedicine environment, adults with heart failure who are currently enrolled in a Yale Heart Failure Disease Management Clinic will be eligible to participate in the study, which requires only at-home use of the technology and no in-person meetings. All participants will receive standard of care, including regular follow-ups with their clinic providers. Three investigational arms will add one of the three digital technologies, each of which will be evaluated versus standard of care alone. Enrollment began in September with a goal of recruiting a total of 200 patients. Results will be published next year.
Digital health technology has become increasingly important in helping people manage chronic conditions like heart failure, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to an increased reliance on telemedicine. Tools that help people actively manage health and easily track overall health status, symptoms and medications may help improve their quality of life. For healthcare providers, digital health technologies can provide real-time data to track patient outcomes, help them ensure treatment adherence and stay connected to ensure continuity of care.
"Our digital health study with Boehringer Ingelheim will move beyond evaluating if these tools work and establish if they actually help make patients' lives better, which is how these technologies should be judged," said F. Perry Wilson, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Yale University. "The health of heart failure patients can change quickly, and these tools can help healthcare providers intervene before serious complications lead to hospitalizations, alleviating our overburdened healthcare system. We hope this study sets a new standard for how these digital tools are evaluated."
This Boehringer Ingelheim and Yale collaboration supports the goals of our alliance with Eli Lilly and Company, which focuses on caring for people with and without diabetes and addressing areas of unmet medical need.
About Heart Failure Heart failure is a progressive, debilitating and potentially fatal condition that occurs when the heart cannot supply adequate circulation to meet the body's demands for oxygenated blood or to do so requires increased blood volume leading to fluid accumulation (congestion) in the lungs and peripheral tissues.It is a widespread condition affecting over 60 million people worldwide and expected to increase as the population ages. Heart failure is highly prevalent in people with diabetes; however, approximately half of all people with heart failure do not have diabetes.
About Cardio-Renal-Metabolic ConditionsBoehringer Ingelheim and Lilly are driven to transform care for people with cardio-renal-metabolic conditions, a group of interconnected disorders that affect more than one billion people worldwide and are a leading cause of death.
The cardiovascular, renal and metabolic systems are interconnected, and share many of the same risk factors and pathological pathways along the disease continuum. Dysfunction in one system may accelerate the onset of others, resulting in progression of interconnected diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, heart failure, and kidney disease, which in turn leads to an increased risk of cardiovascular death. Conversely, improving the health of one system can lead to positive effects throughout the others.
Through our research and treatments, our goal is to support people's health, restoring the harmony between the interconnected cardio-renal-metabolic systems and reducing their risk of serious complications. As part of our commitment to those whose health is jeopardized by cardio-renal-metabolic conditions, we will continue embracing a multidisciplinary approach towards care and focusing our resources on filling treatment gaps.
About Boehringer Ingelheim Making new and better medicines for humans and animals is at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to create breakthrough therapies that change lives. Since its founding in 1885, Boehringer Ingelheim is independent and family-owned. We have the freedom to pursue our long-term vision, looking ahead to identify the health challenges of the future and targeting those areas of need where we can do the most good.
As a world-leading, research-driven pharmaceutical company, more than 51,000 employees create value through innovation daily for our three business areas: Human Pharma, Animal Health, and Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing. In 2019, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around $21.3 billion (19 billion euros). Our significant investment of over $3.9 billion (3.5 billion euros) in R&D drives innovation, enabling the next generation of medicines that save lives and improve quality of life.
We realize more scientific opportunities by embracing the power of partnership and diversity of experts across the life-science community. By working together, we accelerate the delivery of the next medical breakthrough that will transform the lives of patients now, and in generations to come.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., based in Ridgefield, CT, is the largest U.S. subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation and is part of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies. In addition, there are Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health in Duluth, GA and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. in Fremont, CA.
Boehringer Ingelheim is committed to improving lives and strengthening our communities. Please visit http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us/csrto learn more about Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
For more information, please visit http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us, or follow us on Twitter @BoehringerUS.
CONTACT:Sheryl van der HilstSenior Associate Director, Public RelationsBoehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (914) 772-7973
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boehringer-ingelheim-and-yale-clinical-and-translational-research-accelerator-collaborate-to-explore-potential-benefits-of-digital-health-technologies-for-adults-with-heart-failure-301152698.html
SOURCE Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- The biggest weight loss transformations of 2020 - Fox News - December 31st, 2020
- 6 foods that boost your metabolism and may help you lose weight - Insider - INSIDER - December 31st, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Size, Share, Growth Trends, Revenue, Top Companies, Regional Outlook, and Forecast, 2020-2027 - LionLowdown - December 31st, 2020
- 12 Side Effects of Eating Oatmeal, Say Dietitians | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - December 31st, 2020
- Global Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market insights from profiling key companies based on financial position, product portfolio, and... - December 31st, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Top Leading Companies, Consumption, Key Drivers, Challenges and Trends Forecast to 2027|- Ajinomoto Co,... - December 31st, 2020
- Impact of COVID-19 on Weight Management Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Herbalife, Johnson Health Tech,... - December 31st, 2020
- Upgrade your weight loss plan by adding these winter foods to your diet - Times Now - December 22nd, 2020
- Balance by BistroMD review: Pros and cons - Medical News Today - December 22nd, 2020
- Weight Management Market Shows Boosted Growth Rate in Forecast to 2026 | Coherent Market Insights - The Monitor - December 22nd, 2020
- Keto Weight Loss: What to Expect After 1 Week - Healthline - December 20th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Global Status and Business Outlook 2020 to 2027 - LionLowdown - December 20th, 2020
- Talking to Kids about Weight: What the Internet Says and Why Researchers Are Wary - DrexelNow - Drexel Now - December 20th, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Per - GroundAlerts.com - December 20th, 2020
- Intellihealth: Integrates Population Management with Primary Care to Enhance Weight Loss Outcomes - MedicalResearch.com - December 20th, 2020
- The Healthiest Diets of 2020, According to Experts | Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - December 20th, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Diet Management Products and Services Market 2020 | (COVID 19 Analysis) Offered In New Most recent Research Report with... - December 20th, 2020
- MannKind and Vertice to Co-Promote Thyquidity (levothyroxine sodium) Oral Solution - GlobeNewswire - December 20th, 2020
- Associations of time-restricted eating with health-related quality of life and sleep in adults: a secondary analysis of two pre-post pilot studies -... - December 20th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Overview, Growth, Demand and Forecast Research Report to 2026 - The Market Feed - November 27th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Weight Loss and Diet Management Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Weight Watchers,... - November 27th, 2020
- 3 Important Things to Lower Weight Loss Surgery Risks - TheHealthMania - November 27th, 2020
- 12 Ways To Prevent Holiday Weight Gain This December - Longevity LIVE - November 27th, 2020
- Middle East & Africa Egg White Powder Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Regional Analysis By Grade, Distribution Channel, and... - November 27th, 2020
- SWIFt Study: Weight-loss strategy aims to prioritise the 'health' of our healthcare workers - Monash Lens - November 27th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market To Observe Exponential Growth By 2020-2027 | Reports Globe - Cheshire Media - November 25th, 2020
- Stress Weight Loss: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention - Greatist - November 25th, 2020
- Age is not a barrier to losing weight, study finds - Atlanta Journal Constitution - November 25th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid 19 On Weight Loss and Diet Management Products and Services Market 2020 Industry Challenges Business Overview And Forecast Research... - November 25th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 on Weight Management Market 2020 Industry Challenges, Business Overview and Forecast Research Study 2026 - The Haitian-Caribbean... - November 25th, 2020
- Add more plant-based options to your diet with this healthy 7-day flexitarian meal plan - Insider - INSIDER - November 25th, 2020
- Analyzing Impacts Of Covid-19 On Women Weight Management Market Effects, Aftermath And Forecast To 2026 - Eurowire - November 25th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Health and Weight Management Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Herbalife, Weight... - November 25th, 2020
- SavvyWP.com Highlights the Importance of Weight Management Over the Holiday Season - The News Front - November 25th, 2020
- Weight Loss Market Report, History And Forecast 2020-2027, Breakdown Data By Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types And Application - Khabar South Asia - November 25th, 2020
- Weight Management Packaged Food Market Size, Analysis, and Forecast Report 2018 to 2028 - The Market Feed - November 25th, 2020
- Collagen Market Worth $7.53 billion by 2027- Exclusive Report Covering Pre and Post COVID-19 Market Analysis by Meticulous Research - GlobeNewswire - November 25th, 2020
- Global Weight Management Devices Market Report 2020 Significant Trends and Factors Driving the Market Development Forecast to 2027 - ICOTodayMagazine - November 24th, 2020
- Weight Management Market With Top Countries data : Evolving Technology, Trends and Industry Analysis 2026 | Herbalife International Inc., NutriSystem... - November 24th, 2020
- Weight loss: I gave up my biggest addiction Maggi and lost 20 kilos in 5 months with diet control and workout! - Times of India - November 24th, 2020
- High-protein total replacement diet helps burn fat: Here's how you can switch to it for effective weight loss - Times Now - November 24th, 2020
- Advances in the diagnosis and management of gastroesophageal reflux disease - The BMJ - November 24th, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Diet Management Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR by 2026 : Weight Watchers, Abbott Nutrition, The Coca-Cola, Pepsico,... - November 24th, 2020
- Could people achieve remission of type 2 diabetes without needing to lose weight? - On Medicine - BMC Blogs Network - November 24th, 2020
- Online Weight Loss Programs Market will surge to the highest levels By 2027 - PRnews Leader - November 24th, 2020
- Kaleb Wesson: 'I can operate the pick-and-pop at the highest level' - Hoops Hype - November 24th, 2020
- What Is the Healthiest Bread? - msnNOW - November 24th, 2020
- Winning isn't always about taking first, sometimes it's about being there at all - Williston Daily Herald - November 5th, 2020
- 5 Tips to work your way out of a food rut - TheHealthSite - November 5th, 2020
- Menopause Weight Gain: Is It Inevitable? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - November 5th, 2020
- Innerme's Organic Plant-Based Sports Nutrition Supplements Debuted This Month at ECRM's Annual Vitamin, Weight Management, Beverage & Sports... - October 22nd, 2020
- Trends Of Weight Management Packaged Foods Market Reviewed For 2020 With Industry Outlook To 2025 - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- INNOVIOM Debuted Tranquini and Wowie Relaxation Beverages at ECRM's Annual Vitamin, Weight Management, Beverage & Sports Nutrition Program for... - October 22nd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Product Market to 2026: Growth Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications - News by Decresearch - October 22nd, 2020
- There's a New Reason You Can't Lose Weight, According to Science - Best Life - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020-2026 Trends, industry vertical, along with the geography, delivering valuable insights. -... - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Weight Management Market Size, Comprehensive Analysis, Development Strategy, Future Plans and Industry Growth with High CAGR by Forecast 2026 |... - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Slimming Weight Management Market Expected To Reach xx.xx Mn By 2026: Herbalife, Weight Watchers, ICON Health & Fitness, Brunswick... - October 22nd, 2020
- Bongmi Group launches InFasting App - A Powerful and Effective New Digital Intermittent Fasting Tool - PRNewswire - October 22nd, 2020
- Analyzing Impacts Of COVID-19 On Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Effects, Aftermath And Forecast To 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- Weight Management Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends And Forecasts To 2026 - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Aerobic Vs. Anaerobic: Which Is Better For Weight Loss And Performance? - generationiron.com - October 21st, 2020
- This Weight Loss Method Could Add Years to Your Life, New Study Finds - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Loss & Weight Management Market 2020 Size, Share, Regional Growth, Trends, Methods, Applications, Equipment vendors, Business Prospects and... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Slimming Weight Management Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Herbalife, Weight Watchers, ICON Health & Fitness, Brunswick... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Weight Management Supplements Market by Industry Trends, Statistics, key Companies Growth and Regional Forecast by 2026 - TechnoWeekly - October 21st, 2020
- Global Weight Loss Management Market Size, Comprehensive Analysis, Development Strategy, Future Plans and Industry Growth with High CAGR by Forecast... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Diet Management Products and Services Market Growth And Threats Analysis 2020 By Regional Overview Of Leading Companies, Types,... - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market to Register Steady Growth During 2017 to 2026 - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Forecasts To 2027: Global Industry Growth, Share, Size, Trends And Segmentation Report - Stock Market Vista - October 21st, 2020
- The best time to walk for weight loss - Times of India - October 16th, 2020
- Weight loss: Woman loses 5st and credits belly fat loss to this simple diet - Express - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Market at a Rapid Growth Pace Until 2027 With Top Companies to Watch Out in COVID 19: Weight Watchers, ICON Health & Fitness,... - October 16th, 2020
- Pain Management, Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Drinking Less Alcohol - News18 - October 16th, 2020
- Doing This Each Morning Is The Key To Weight Loss - KYR News - October 16th, 2020
- How Weight Management Market Will Dominate In Coming Years? Report Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And... - October 16th, 2020
- Livongo to Release Results for the Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2020 - BioSpace - October 16th, 2020
- Walking At This Time Can Help You Lose More Weight - Yahoo Canada Shine On - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Products Market Overview and Scope 2020 to 2025 | FinancialContent Business Page - Financial Content - October 16th, 2020
- Global Mobile Weight Loss Market Report 2020: Digital Solutions Transform the Weight Loss Industry and Chronic Care - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - October 16th, 2020