RIDGEFIELD,Conn., Oct. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Boehringer Ingelheim has entered a collaboration with the Yale Clinical and Translational Research Accelerator to launch a study exploring digital health technologies for adults with heart failure. The goal of the study is to determine the impact of three digital health technologies on patient outcomes, clinical efficiencies and the improvement in patient quality of life.
Technology partners were selected for evaluation in the study based on their ability to increase engagement in disease management and provide information to healthcare providers. They include Bodyport, a data-driven smart scale with enhanced cardiac monitoring directly accessible by providers; Noom, a data-driven, live coaching app featuring personalized plans for diet and weight management; and Conversa, an automated conversational platform designed to motivate patients to actively manage their health.
"Exploring solutions for the heart failure community to help manage this debilitating condition is a priority for Boehringer Ingelheim," said Christine Marsh, senior vice president, Market Access, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. "We launched this study with Yale to help identify how digital health technology may address some of the key pain points for adults with heart failure, like the need for more frequent communication with healthcare providers in between visits and coaching to help with the daily management of the condition."
In the U.S., heart failure affects over six million people, with more than one million people hospitalized due to the condition every year. Heart failure occurs when the heart cannot pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body and is the most common and severe complication of a heart attack. People with heart failure often experience breathlessness and fatigue, which can severely impact their quality of life.
The innovative study design will randomize patients to one of three technologies or usual care in a single study over six months. Considering the current telemedicine environment, adults with heart failure who are currently enrolled in a Yale Heart Failure Disease Management Clinic will be eligible to participate in the study, which requires only at-home use of the technology and no in-person meetings. All participants will receive standard of care, including regular follow-ups with their clinic providers. Three investigational arms will add one of the three digital technologies, each of which will be evaluated versus standard of care alone. Enrollment began in September with a goal of recruiting a total of 200 patients. Results will be published next year.
Digital health technology has become increasingly important in helping people manage chronic conditions like heart failure, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to an increased reliance on telemedicine. Tools that help people actively manage health and easily track overall health status, symptoms and medications may help improve their quality of life. For healthcare providers, digital health technologies can provide real-time data to track patient outcomes, help them ensure treatment adherence and stay connected to ensure continuity of care.
"Our digital health study with Boehringer Ingelheim will move beyond evaluating if these tools work and establish if they actually help make patients' lives better, which is how these technologies should be judged," said F. Perry Wilson, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Yale University. "The health of heart failure patients can change quickly, and these tools can help healthcare providers intervene before serious complications lead to hospitalizations, alleviating our overburdened healthcare system. We hope this study sets a new standard for how these digital tools are evaluated."
This Boehringer Ingelheim and Yale collaboration supports the goals of our alliance with Eli Lilly and Company, which focuses on caring for people with and without diabetes and addressing areas of unmet medical need.
About Heart Failure Heart failure is a progressive, debilitating and potentially fatal condition that occurs when the heart cannot supply adequate circulation to meet the body's demands for oxygenated blood or to do so requires increased blood volume leading to fluid accumulation (congestion) in the lungs and peripheral tissues.It is a widespread condition affecting over 60 million people worldwide and expected to increase as the population ages. Heart failure is highly prevalent in people with diabetes; however, approximately half of all people with heart failure do not have diabetes.
About Cardio-Renal-Metabolic ConditionsBoehringer Ingelheim and Lilly are driven to transform care for people with cardio-renal-metabolic conditions, a group of interconnected disorders that affect more than one billion people worldwide and are a leading cause of death.
The cardiovascular, renal and metabolic systems are interconnected, and share many of the same risk factors and pathological pathways along the disease continuum. Dysfunction in one system may accelerate the onset of others, resulting in progression of interconnected diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, heart failure, and kidney disease, which in turn leads to an increased risk of cardiovascular death. Conversely, improving the health of one system can lead to positive effects throughout the others.
Through our research and treatments, our goal is to support people's health, restoring the harmony between the interconnected cardio-renal-metabolic systems and reducing their risk of serious complications. As part of our commitment to those whose health is jeopardized by cardio-renal-metabolic conditions, we will continue embracing a multidisciplinary approach towards care and focusing our resources on filling treatment gaps.
About Boehringer Ingelheim Making new and better medicines for humans and animals is at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to create breakthrough therapies that change lives. Since its founding in 1885, Boehringer Ingelheim is independent and family-owned. We have the freedom to pursue our long-term vision, looking ahead to identify the health challenges of the future and targeting those areas of need where we can do the most good.
As a world-leading, research-driven pharmaceutical company, more than 51,000 employees create value through innovation daily for our three business areas: Human Pharma, Animal Health, and Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing. In 2019, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around $21.3 billion (19 billion euros). Our significant investment of over $3.9 billion (3.5 billion euros) in R&D drives innovation, enabling the next generation of medicines that save lives and improve quality of life.
We realize more scientific opportunities by embracing the power of partnership and diversity of experts across the life-science community. By working together, we accelerate the delivery of the next medical breakthrough that will transform the lives of patients now, and in generations to come.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., based in Ridgefield, CT, is the largest U.S. subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation and is part of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies. In addition, there are Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health in Duluth, GA and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. in Fremont, CA.
Boehringer Ingelheim is committed to improving lives and strengthening our communities. Please visit http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us/csrto learn more about Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
For more information, please visit http://www.boehringer-ingelheim.us, or follow us on Twitter @BoehringerUS.
CONTACT:Sheryl van der HilstSenior Associate Director, Public RelationsBoehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Email: email@example.comPhone: (914) 772-7973
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boehringer-ingelheim-and-yale-clinical-and-translational-research-accelerator-collaborate-to-explore-potential-benefits-of-digital-health-technologies-for-adults-with-heart-failure-301152698.html
SOURCE Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Innerme's Organic Plant-Based Sports Nutrition Supplements Debuted This Month at ECRM's Annual Vitamin, Weight Management, Beverage & Sports... - October 22nd, 2020
- Trends Of Weight Management Packaged Foods Market Reviewed For 2020 With Industry Outlook To 2025 - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- INNOVIOM Debuted Tranquini and Wowie Relaxation Beverages at ECRM's Annual Vitamin, Weight Management, Beverage & Sports Nutrition Program for... - October 22nd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Product Market to 2026: Growth Analysis by Manufacturers, Regions, Types and Applications - News by Decresearch - October 22nd, 2020
- There's a New Reason You Can't Lose Weight, According to Science - Best Life - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020-2026 Trends, industry vertical, along with the geography, delivering valuable insights. -... - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Weight Management Market Size, Comprehensive Analysis, Development Strategy, Future Plans and Industry Growth with High CAGR by Forecast 2026 |... - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Slimming Weight Management Market Expected To Reach xx.xx Mn By 2026: Herbalife, Weight Watchers, ICON Health & Fitness, Brunswick... - October 22nd, 2020
- Bongmi Group launches InFasting App - A Powerful and Effective New Digital Intermittent Fasting Tool - PRNewswire - October 22nd, 2020
- Analyzing Impacts Of COVID-19 On Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Effects, Aftermath And Forecast To 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- Weight Management Market Analysis With Key Players, Applications, Trends And Forecasts To 2026 - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Aerobic Vs. Anaerobic: Which Is Better For Weight Loss And Performance? - generationiron.com - October 21st, 2020
- This Weight Loss Method Could Add Years to Your Life, New Study Finds - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Loss & Weight Management Market 2020 Size, Share, Regional Growth, Trends, Methods, Applications, Equipment vendors, Business Prospects and... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Slimming Weight Management Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Herbalife, Weight Watchers, ICON Health & Fitness, Brunswick... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Weight Management Supplements Market by Industry Trends, Statistics, key Companies Growth and Regional Forecast by 2026 - TechnoWeekly - October 21st, 2020
- Global Weight Loss Management Market Size, Comprehensive Analysis, Development Strategy, Future Plans and Industry Growth with High CAGR by Forecast... - October 21st, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Diet Management Products and Services Market Growth And Threats Analysis 2020 By Regional Overview Of Leading Companies, Types,... - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market to Register Steady Growth During 2017 to 2026 - The Think Curiouser - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Forecasts To 2027: Global Industry Growth, Share, Size, Trends And Segmentation Report - Stock Market Vista - October 21st, 2020
- The best time to walk for weight loss - Times of India - October 16th, 2020
- Weight loss: Woman loses 5st and credits belly fat loss to this simple diet - Express - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Market at a Rapid Growth Pace Until 2027 With Top Companies to Watch Out in COVID 19: Weight Watchers, ICON Health & Fitness,... - October 16th, 2020
- Pain Management, Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Drinking Less Alcohol - News18 - October 16th, 2020
- Doing This Each Morning Is The Key To Weight Loss - KYR News - October 16th, 2020
- How Weight Management Market Will Dominate In Coming Years? Report Covering Products, Financial Information, Developments, Swot Analysis And... - October 16th, 2020
- Livongo to Release Results for the Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2020 - BioSpace - October 16th, 2020
- Walking At This Time Can Help You Lose More Weight - Yahoo Canada Shine On - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Products Market Overview and Scope 2020 to 2025 | FinancialContent Business Page - Financial Content - October 16th, 2020
- Global Mobile Weight Loss Market Report 2020: Digital Solutions Transform the Weight Loss Industry and Chronic Care - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Industry Competitors Strategy And-Global industry Size and Share to Forecast by 2026 - re:Jerusalem - October 16th, 2020
- Coffee, food delivery: Two things Paul Lee had to control on road to weight loss - Manila Bulletin - October 16th, 2020
- VectivBio Closes $110 Million Crossover Financing to Advance Transformational Medicines for Rare Diseases - BioSpace - October 16th, 2020
- Another Reason to Stop the PPI: Clinician Debate - Medscape - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Loss & Weight Management Market 2020-2026: Growth Analysis and Massive Trends by Premium-Insight, Price-Strategies, Application,... - October 16th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Report 2020: Size, Trends, Competitive Analysis, Types, Applications, Manufactures And Forecast To 2026 - PRnews Leader - October 16th, 2020
- The 3-Day Cardiac Diet: Effectiveness, Downsides, and Menu - Healthline - October 10th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Weight Loss and Weight Management Product Market Witness Highest Growth in near future - AlgosOnline - October 10th, 2020
- 2027 Projections: Weight Management Foods Market Report By Type, Application And Regional Outlook - The Daily Chronicle - October 10th, 2020
- Weight Management Packaged Food Market Prospers in the New Working Reality of COVID-19 Outbreak, Says Fact.MR New Report - The Cloud Tribune - October 10th, 2020
- Obese individuals who gain weight tend to underestimate their body size - Study Finds - October 10th, 2020
- Dietary fibers in food industry market is expected to be growing at a growth rate of 10.50% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. The increasing... - October 10th, 2020
- Outlook on the Functional Food Global Market to 2027 - Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast - GlobeNewswire - October 10th, 2020
- Blood Bank Information System Market 2020: Global and Regional Analysis by Top Key Weight Loss & Weight Management Market Players, Key Regions,... - October 10th, 2020
- Blood Sugar Control Could Help Protect Neurologic Health in Patients with Diabetes - Endocrinology Network - October 10th, 2020
- Even If You've Never Heard of Weight Bias, You May Have Experienced It, and It's Not OK - POPSUGAR - October 10th, 2020
- Jaw Cracking Causes, Treatments, and When to See a Doctor - Healthline - October 6th, 2020
- Weight Management Market 2020 Upcoming Trends, Latest Innovation, Advance Technology and Top Companies to 2025 - uco360.com - October 6th, 2020
- The Analyst's Take: An update on the $47B sports nutrition market - New Hope Network - October 3rd, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Weight Management Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Herbalife, Johnson Health Tech,... - October 3rd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2027 - The Daily... - October 3rd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Top key Players, Size, Share, Demand, Opportunities And Forecasts To 2025 - Crypto Daily - October 3rd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Upcoming Trends, Segmentation and Forecast to 2020 - The Daily Chronicle - October 3rd, 2020
- The Keto Diet and Long-Term Weight Loss: Is it a Safe Option? - Inquiries Journal - October 3rd, 2020
- Weight regain: Why it happens and what to do - The Durango Herald - October 3rd, 2020
- Bajra: Benefits, Uses, and Nutrition - Healthline - October 3rd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Comprehensive Study Explores Huge Growth In Future - The Market Records - October 3rd, 2020
- What Is Monk Fruit? Get the Facts on This Zero-Calorie Sweetener - msnNOW - October 3rd, 2020
- The 12 Best Casein Protein Powders of 2020 - Healthline - October 3rd, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Booming By Size, Revenue, Trends, And Top Growing Companies 2028 - The Daily Chronicle - October 1st, 2020
- Global Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020 Global Industry Analysis by Trends, Growth, Company Overview and Forecast by 2026 Latest... - October 1st, 2020
- Weight Loss And Weight Management Industry Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025) - Express Journal - October 1st, 2020
- Bariatric surgery is booming, as obese patients worry about their Covid-19 risks - The Daily Briefing - October 1st, 2020
- 11 Things That Could Be Impacting Your Weight - Longevity LIVE - Longevity LIVE - October 1st, 2020
- International Coffee Day 2020: 4 Amazing Reasons To Drink Green Coffee And Yummy Recipes - NDTV Food - October 1st, 2020
- The One Food To Eat To Feel Full, According to a Dietitian - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 1st, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Management Product Market 2020 Industry Trends, Forecast 2025 After Covid-19 Impact Analysis By Top Vendors- Atkins... - October 1st, 2020
- Cortisol and Weight Gain: Is There a Connection? - Healthline - September 30th, 2020
- TikTok is cracking down on weight loss ads that promote harmful body images - The Verge - September 30th, 2020
- Growth of Weight Management Beverages in Global Industry: Overview, Size and Share 2019-2025 - The Daily Chronicle - September 30th, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) IMPACT ON Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market OUTLOOK, RECENT TRENDS AND GROWTH FORECAST 2020-2026 - The Market Records - September 30th, 2020
- Wear the Gown: Pediatrician concerned childhood obesity rising as students learn from home - KHOU.com - September 30th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Growth Analysis By Revenue, Size, Share, Scenario on Latest Trends & Types, Applications 2021 to 2030 Forecast | Impact... - September 30th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Poised to Expand at a Robust Pace by 2027 - Crypto Daily - September 30th, 2020
- Weight Watchers boss reveals 6 ways to lose weight and keep healthy this winter - The Irish Sun - September 30th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market To Record Exponential Growth During Projected Timeframe - Unica News - September 30th, 2020
- What are the long-term effects of coronavirus (COVID-19)? - Medical News Today - September 30th, 2020
- New Nutrition Facts Label in 2020: Changes and What to Know - Healthline - September 30th, 2020
- High Protein Diet: 5 Yummy Ways To Have Chana For Breakfast - NDTV Food - September 30th, 2020
- Natural therapies for type 2 diabetes: 5 herbs and supplements that can help lower blood sugar levels - Times Now - September 30th, 2020