BioCorRx Inc (), the Anaheim, California-based healthcare company develops advanced treatment solutions for addiction, weight loss, and other related disorders.
It is led by Brady Granier, CEO and president ofBioCorRx, who was born in the heart of Cajun Country in Louisiana where he started working at the age of 11 to support his single mum and younger brother. It's personal for Granier, who has family members with addiction in their past. He has worked as a nurse in the emergency room at White Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles. Granier has sharpened BioCorRxs focus on providing alcohol and opioid addiction treatment programs to rehab centers in the US.
Through its subsidiaries, the company licenses the BioCorRx Recovery Program, a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program for substance use to healthcare providers and clinics.
The first component of the program consists of an outpatient implant procedure prescribed and performed by a physician. The implant delivers naltrexone which reduces cravings for alcohol and opioids. It can also be used by those receiving other forms of MAT, such as injectable naltrexone or buprenorphine. Secondly, the program relies on behavioral therapy modules and peer-support built around the use of medications for treating substance use disorder.
Similarly, the company's 12-week UnCraveRx Weight Loss Program combines a sustained-release anti-craving medication with a virtual concierge app that provides access to on demand virtual fitness, nutrition and lifestyle group support.
The company conducts R&D under its subsidiary BioCorRx Pharmaceuticals. It's developing BICX101, an extended-release injectable naltrexone product, and an implant, named BICX102 to help people fight both opioidand alcohol addiction. The BICX102 implant uses naltrexone, a drug already approved by the FDA, as an every-day pill or a once-per-month shot. Naltrexone blocks receptors in the brain so that opioids or alcohol become less appealing. BICX102 will be surgically implanted in a person's stomach fat and dissolve slowly over three months, not needing to be removed.
In December, BioCorRx touted early preclinical data for drug candidate VDM-001, that suggests it may prevent overdose from fentanyl.The drug, developed in partnership with VDM Biochemicals, could represent an alternative to naloxone in the overdose reversal market.In 2017 alone, 28,400 people died of overdoses from synthetic opioids such as fentanyl in the US.
Experts say America is in the throes of an opioid epidemic. Nearly 23.5 million Americans are addicted to drugs, alcohol and misuse opioids, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.As a result, the over $40 billion addiction treatment market is seeking radical transformation in the shape of effective new treatments. BioCorRX is leading the change by offering a two-pronged approach to the treatment of substance abuse addiction.
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) the use of medication combined with counselling and behavioral therapies which is the BioCorRx method, is one of the major pillars of the federal response to the opioid epidemic in America.
In a positive sign, BioCorRx received a $5.7 million grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) for the development of BICX102. It will last two years, which the company says will fund the research through the development of the implant and some early testing.
The grant validates the clinical potential of BICX102 which has several potential advantages over other medications used for treatment of substance use disorder. One, is that it fully biodegrades, eliminating the need to remove and replace it as seen with other implants. It also should maintain therapeutic plasma levels for up to three months, said the company, while future versions are expected to last longer. The companys goal is to give a person a longer time period to address the underlying reasons for their disorder without the intrusive cravings interfering.
BioCorRx is seeking a more rapid and cost-effective 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway for its naltrexone implant. Towards that end, it has partnered with IRISYS to manufacture and develop BICX102.
The company has a master services agreement with Charles River Laboratories which is conducting preclinical studies of BICX102. If things go according to plan, the company aims to start human studies later this year.
In April last year, the company raised $6 million at a premium to its market price from two investors.
The company has also been backed by Alpine Creek Capital which first invested $2.5 million when BioCorRx had a market cap of just $3 million. Alpine Creek Capital followed up their initial investment with an additional tranche in the first quarter of 2017.
BioCorRx said a senior secured convertible promissory note of $4.16 million with BICX Holding, an entity controlled by Alpine Creek Capital, was recently converted into 2.22 million shares of common stock in order to simplify the company's capital structure and boost its balance sheet.
Significantly, the timely conversion eliminated $4.16 million of liabilities from the companys balance sheet.
In an interview with Proactive, BioCorRx Inc CEO Brady Granier said: We have a clean balance sheet, no toxic loans, strong management, independent board, strategic investors, products/programs that do work, government funding for R&D. We operate lean and are poised for growth.
He added: We feel undervalued based on the accomplishments of this year alone with raising funds at a premium to market plus the NIDA grant award. We raised about $6-$7 million in the last year alone at a premium.
Contact the author Uttara Choudhury at[emailprotected]
Follow her onTwitter:@UttaraProactive
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market 2020 | Growing Rapidly with Significant CAGR, Leading Players, Innovative Trends and Expected Revenue by 2026... - March 28th, 2020
- Exploring the Weight Management industry with potential market analysis Future growth opportunities to 2025 - Skyline Gazette - March 28th, 2020
- Bring in the Robot Cleaners: Travel Industry Innovations for the Pandemic - The New York Times - March 28th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market Growth Rate, Demands, Status And Application Forecast To 2025 - periodical360 - March 28th, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Weight Management Equipment Market: Industry Size, Growth, Revenue, Statistics, Competitive Landscape and Forecast 2020-2024 -... - March 28th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tip of the Week: How to Eat Walnut to Lose Weight - LatestLY - March 28th, 2020
- Technologies vs the Bulge - Daily Times - March 28th, 2020
- 'We Are Treated As Expendable,' Banner Nurses, Docs Say - Phoenix New Times - March 28th, 2020
- A Personal Trainer Should Not Be A Luxury: A Conversation With Barrington Bennett - Essence - March 27th, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2018 to 2028 - Jewish Life News - March 27th, 2020
- Europe Nutraceuticals Market to 2027 - Aids in Reducing the Risk of Diabetes & Cardiovascular Diseases - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - March 27th, 2020
- 5 Easy And Yummy Ways To Include Walnuts In Your Daily Diet - NDTV Food - March 27th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, PC Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Southwest Airlines, CPI Aerostructures, Tivity... - March 27th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market to Record Overwhelming Hike in Revenues by 2026 - Skyline Gazette - March 26th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Comprehensive Research Report and Forecast to 2028 - Packaging News 24 - March 26th, 2020
- Lake City Nutrition is offering a protein shake-based approach to weight loss in Warsaw - inputfortwayne.com - March 26th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Diets Market 2019 Industry Growth, Competitive Analysis, Future Prospects And Forecast 2025 - Skyline Gazette - March 26th, 2020
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Southwest Airlines, CPI Aerostructures, Tivity... - March 26th, 2020
- The Rock Shared the Most Important Career Move He Ever Made - menshealth.com - March 26th, 2020
- Japan National Stadium wins Jury prize at Stadium of the Year Awards - Australasian Leisure Management - March 26th, 2020
- Global Weight Management Market 2020 Industry Status, Business Growth and Forecast Outlook to 2025 - Red & Black Student Newspaper - March 26th, 2020
- High Blood Pressure and Kidney Disease - National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) - March 26th, 2020
- 2020 Global Weight Management Products Market, Size, Share, Outlook and Growth Opportunities, Forecast to 2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo... - March 20th, 2020
- Bariatric Surgery Associated With Significant Weight Loss, Fewer Heart Attacks and Strokes - SciTechDaily - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Weight Management Market: Global Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Size, Revenue and Forecast up to 2025 - Packaging News... - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Management Market to Witness Increase in Revenues by 2018 to 2028 - Feed Road - March 20th, 2020
- Home Remedy For Immunity: How To Make Mint Water For Healthy Weight Loss And Good Immunity - NDTV Food - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Industry Register a Hugh Growth In Healthcare Industry by 2027 - Skyline Gazette - March 20th, 2020
- Europe Nutraceuticals Market to 2027 - Regional Analysis and Forecasts by Type ; Application - Benzinga - March 20th, 2020
- Weight Management industry analysis, share, key players and forecast report by 2030 described in a new market report - WhaTech Technology and Markets... - March 20th, 2020
- Taro Leaves: Nutrition, Benefits, and Uses - Healthline - March 20th, 2020
- North America Nutraceuticals Market to 2027 - Regional Analysis and Forecasts by Type ; Application - GlobeNewswire - March 20th, 2020
- Skipping Breakfast Linked To Greater Risk Of Depressive Symptoms - Men's Health - March 20th, 2020
- Innovative Womens HealthCare serves clients in several counties - Grand Island Independent - March 15th, 2020
- Smoking cessation and weight change in relation to cardiovascular disease incidence and mortality in people with type 2 diabetes - 2 Minute Medicine - March 15th, 2020
- Weight Loss Tip of the Week: How to Eat Black Beans to Lose Weight - LatestLY - March 15th, 2020
- Highland County Veterans Service Office hosting 'My Day at the VA' event - The Highland County Press - March 15th, 2020
- Coping with coronavirus anxiety - Harvard Health Blog - Harvard Health - March 15th, 2020
- It is Not What We Eat, But When We Eat - Live Trading News - March 15th, 2020
- Why the UKs NHS leads the world in managing diabetes - Financial Times - March 15th, 2020
- How to spot and treat infectious bronchitis in broilers - FarmersWeekly - March 15th, 2020
- PLT Health Solutions launches water-dispersible version of its Slendacor ingredient - Nutritional Outlook - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market 2020 Scenario of Top Sellers The Coca Cola, Herbalife Nutrition, The Procter & Gamble - News Times - March 9th, 2020
- FTC Issues Warning to Social Media Influencers Involved With Teami - 9&10 News - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Diet Management Market Size, Share, Growth Rate, Revenue, Applications, Industry Demand & Forecast to 2025 - Daily Science - March 9th, 2020
- Miriam's Big Fat Adventure: what time the Miriam Margolyes documentary is on BBC Two tonight, and where she visits - inews - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market Increasing Demand with Leading Player, Comprehensive Analysis, Forecast to 2026 - News Times - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Estimated to Experience a Hike in Growth by 2017 to 2026 - News Times - March 9th, 2020
- Skipping breakfast and eating late could stop you losing weight - Yahoo News - March 9th, 2020
- Events and Happenings in Carson City region for Sunday, March 8 - Carson Now - March 9th, 2020
- The secret of exercise and weight loss - Jamaica Observer - March 9th, 2020
- Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market-Size, Explored By New Report For The Forecast 2015-2026 - Daily Science - March 9th, 2020
- The Vitamin Shoppe Introduces the fitfactor Weight Management System brand, a Flexible and Personalized Approach to Balanced Wellness #39031 - New... - March 9th, 2020
- When should you actually eat to manage your weight? - The Daily Star - March 9th, 2020
- International Women's Day 2020: Top Essential Nutrients That Should Be A Part Of Every Woman's Diet - NDTV News - March 9th, 2020
- 7 Science-Backed Hacks To Help You Lose Weight And Keep It Off - Women's Health - March 9th, 2020
- How to lose visceral fat: Best food to eat at breakfast to reduce the harmful belly fat - Express - March 9th, 2020
- Weight Management Market Insights on Trends, Application, Types, User Analysis, Latest Trends, Rising Demand and Applications for 2020-2026 - News... - March 2nd, 2020
- Along with weight problems, anxiousness can also be the issue of mindfulness remedy - Sahiwal Tv - March 2nd, 2020
- Karyopharm Announces Phase 3 BOSTON Study Meets Primary Endpoint with Significant Increase in Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Multiple... - March 2nd, 2020
- Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020 Provides An In-Depth Insight Of Sales, Revenue, Growth And Trends Forecast To 2020-2026 - Feed... - March 2nd, 2020
- Global Weight Loss and Diet Management Products and Services Market 2020 Manufacturing Analysis, Development Status, Competitive Analysis to 2025 - NJ... - March 2nd, 2020
- Sustainable or just a phase? Truths about how diets affect long-term health - The Asbury Collegian - March 2nd, 2020
- IBD vs. IBS: What's the difference? - CNET - March 2nd, 2020
- Here are five popular myths about Almond; read - Republic World - Republic World - March 2nd, 2020
- 4 myths about PCOS and why they are wrong - News - The University of Sydney - March 2nd, 2020
- Ramphal: 5 Reasons To Eat This Hyper-Local Fruit Every Day - NDTV News - March 2nd, 2020
- Nutrition And Weight Management Products Market 2020 Massive growth, Industry Trends, Technological Innovation, Size, Share and Growth Factor Oulook... - February 29th, 2020
- NYU Langone offers 'New Buzz on Heart Health' in Industry City - Brooklyn Reporter - February 29th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market: Global Trends, Analysis and Forecast 2017 to 2026 - Jewish Life News - February 29th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market 2020 Scope By Players The Coca Cola, Herbalife Nutrition, The Procter & Gamble - Daily Science - February 29th, 2020
- Weight Loss and Obesity Management Market Research, Recent Trends and Growth For - News by aeresearch - February 29th, 2020
- This Diabetes-Friendly Breakfast of Broccoli Paratha And Dahi Will Have You Drooling! - NDTV Food - February 29th, 2020
- High-Protein Diet: 4 Yummy Ways To Have Boiled Eggs For Breakfast - NDTV Food - February 29th, 2020
- Why Is Weight Loss Still Part of Workplace Wellness? - Rewire.org - February 27th, 2020
- Weight Management Market by Type and Distribution Channel: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast 2020-2025 - News Times - February 27th, 2020
- Weight Management Beverages Market Promising Growth Opportunities & Forecast 2018 to 2027 - News Times - February 27th, 2020
- Nothing Deceptive With Diet Drinks, Says the Ninth Circuit - Lexology - February 27th, 2020
- Heres Why Intermittent Fasting Is Suddenly So Popular in Philly, According to Nutrition Pros - phillymag.com - February 27th, 2020
- VMX features second well-being study | American Veterinary Medical Association - American Veterinary Medical Association - February 27th, 2020