The benefits of a ketogenic diet are similar to those of other low-carb and high-fat diets, but it appears to be more powerful than liberal low-carb diets. Think of keto as a super-charged low-carb diet, maximizing the benefits. However, it can also be harder to do, and it may increase the risk of side effects a bit.
Turning your body into a fat-burning machine can be beneficial for weight loss. Fat burning is significantly increased, while insulin the fat-storing hormone levels drop greatly. This appears to make it far easier for body fat loss to occur, without hunger.
More than 30 high-quality scientific studies show that, compared to other diets, low-carb and keto diets result in more effective weight loss.
On a keto diet youre likely to gain a new control over your appetite. When your body burns fat 24/7, it has constant access to weeks or months of stored energy, significantly reducing feelings of hunger. Its a very common experience, and studies prove it.
This makes it easy to eat less and lose excess weight just wait until youre hungry before you eat. It also makes intermittent fasting easier, something that can super-charge efforts to reverse type 2 diabetes and speed up weight loss, beyond the effects of keto only.
Plus, you could save tons of time and money by not having to snack all the time. Many people only feel the need to eat twice a day on a keto diet (often skipping breakfast), and some just eat once a day.
Not having to fight feelings of hunger could also potentially help with problems like sugar or food addiction. At last, feeling satisfied can be part of the solution. Food can stop being an enemy and become your friend or simply fuel, whatever you prefer.
Studies prove that a ketogenic diet is excellent for managing type 2 diabetes, sometimes even leading to complete reversal of the disease. It makes perfect sense since keto lowers blood-sugar levels, reduces the need for medications and reduces the potentially negative impact of high insulin levels.
Since a keto diet may reverse existing type 2 diabetes, its likely to be effective at preventing it, as well as reversing pre-diabetes.
How to reverse type 2 diabetes
200+ success stories
Many studies show that low-carb diets improve several important risk factors for heart disease, including the cholesterol profile (HDL, triglycerides), while total and LDL cholesterol levels are usually impacted modestly.
Its also typical to see improved blood sugar levels, insulin levels and blood pressure.
These commonly improved markers are connected to something called metabolic syndrome, and improvements in weight, waist circumference, type 2 diabetes reversal, and more.
My health markers after 10 years on a keto diet
Some people use ketogenic diets specifically for increased mental performance. Also, its common for people to experience an increase in energy when in ketosis.
On keto, the brain doesnt need dietary carbs. Its fueled 24-7 by ketones, an effective brain fuel.
Therefore, ketosis results in a steady flow of fuel (ketones) to the brain, thus avoiding problems experienced with big blood sugar swings. This may sometimes result in improved focus and concentration, and resolution of brain fog, with an improved mental clarity.
A keto diet can result in a calmer stomach, less gas, less cramps and pains, often resulting in improvements in IBS symptoms.
For some people this is the top benefit, and it often only takes a day or two to experience it. Learn more
Ketogenic diets can in theory increase your physical endurance by improving your access to the vast amounts of energy in your fat stores.
The bodys supply of stored carbohydrates (glycogen) only lasts for a couple of hours of intense exercise, or less. But your fat stores carry enough energy to potentially last for weeks.
Beyond this effect, another potential benefit is the reduction in body fat percentage that can be achieved on a keto diet (see weight loss, above). This reduction in body fat weight is potentially valuable in a number of competitive sports, including endurance sports.
How to maximize endurance on a keto diet
The ketogenic diet is a proven and often effective medical therapy for epilepsy that has been used since the 1920s. Traditionally it was used primarily for children, but in recent years adults have benefited from it as well.
Using a ketogenic diet for epilepsy can allow some people to take fewer anti-epileptic drugs or none at all, while potentially still remaining seizure-free. This may reduce drug side effects and thus increase mental performance.
Do you know that a keto diet can help treat high blood pressure, may result in less acne, may help control migraine, might help with certain mental health issues and can have other potential benefits?
Follow the links below for more knowledge, stories and science:
We love receiving stories from people who are using a keto diet to revolutionize their health. Weve been sent thousands of such stories, and we publish some of the most amazing ones over 250 so far for you to read.
Here are a few of them:
Read the original here:
A Ketogenic Diet for Beginners The Ultimate Keto Guide ...
- Denver's 13th Avenue will see a bike lane replace one travel lane typically used for cars - Denverite - July 30th, 2020
- The lowdown on the low-FODMAP diet - Harvard Health Blog - Harvard Health - July 30th, 2020
- The Great Escape: Travelers Turn To Summer Road Trips During COVID-19 - Here And Now - July 30th, 2020
- Affects of Food on Mood: Good food is reciprocal to bad mood - Asian Image - July 30th, 2020
- Elephant Tourism Is Way More Complex Than You'd Imagine: The Thailand Example - Fodor's Travel - July 30th, 2020
- The Safest, Easiest Way to Get Started With Intermittent Fasting, According to the Latest Research - Inc. - July 26th, 2020
- Russell Wilson Has Already Embraced the NFL's Idea That JJ Watt Hates - Sportscasting - July 26th, 2020
- Sleeping in the heat - Sherwood Park News - July 25th, 2020
- Five Great Ways To Repurpose Parking Lots During the Pandemic - Streetsblog New York - July 25th, 2020
- Important to know difference in types of COVID-19 tests - The Robesonian - July 25th, 2020
- Heading back to the gym? Five ways to avoid injury when returning this weekend - Daily Star - July 25th, 2020
- For the birds: Once regionally extinct, loons are making a modest comeback in southeastern New England, with scientists help - The Providence Journal - July 25th, 2020
- What is the OMAD diet and is it safe? - BEAUTYcrew - July 24th, 2020
- 6 Fruits That Are Safe To Consume For People With Diabetes - MissMalini - July 24th, 2020
- How to stay safe as gyms reopen this weekend - Metro.co.uk - July 24th, 2020
- Harmful foods that you can eat in moderation every day - The Saxon - July 24th, 2020
- UK-based in-depth study of early COVID-19 detection - Lab News - July 24th, 2020
- Heroes of the pandemic Save the Children Australia - Save The Children Australia - July 24th, 2020
- Colin Montgomerie, 57, shows off incredible body transformation as he loses 40lbs with diet and pilates - Brinkwire - July 24th, 2020
- How to know if you should take statins to lower your cholesterol and whether they are safe and effective - Business Insider Australia - July 24th, 2020
- University of Cambridge researchers and Huma begin in-depth study of early detection of COVID-19 infection - Yahoo Finance - July 24th, 2020
- Voices: COVID-19 and the concern of chronic disease in the church - Baptist Standard - July 7th, 2020
- #10 Tips to Stay Healthy During the Self-isolation Days of Covid19 - Entrepreneur - July 7th, 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Poll finds 81% of Canadians think Canada-U.S. border should stay closed - The Globe and Mail - July 7th, 2020
- Meat Industry Overfeeds Antibiotics to Cows, and We Get Sicker - The Beet - July 7th, 2020
- Two major cities are getting another grocery delivery option in the pandemic - Yahoo Lifestyle - July 7th, 2020
- HOW TO LIVE IN THE FACE OF FEAR - Manila Bulletin - July 6th, 2020
- Simple and Fastic Apps: Why Do I Keep Seeing Intermittent Fasting Ads on Social Media? - VICE UK - July 6th, 2020
- Eating healthy with Yanaya - The Zimbabwe Daily - July 6th, 2020
- Can You Eat Raw Broccoli? Benefits and Downsides - Healthline - July 4th, 2020
- Fish: Which Ones To Eat & Which Ones To Avoid During Pregnancy - BabyGaga - July 4th, 2020
- Fireworks Can Trigger PTSD. Heres How to Be Considerate While Celebrating July 4th at Home - EcoWatch - July 4th, 2020
- Eating healthy with Yanaya - The Herald - July 4th, 2020
- Why You Should Bet Against Joey Chestnut In The Hot Dog Eating Contest - PlayUSA - July 4th, 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Confirmed cases in 40 states on the rise in the U.S. ahead of Fourth of July weekend - The Globe and Mail - July 4th, 2020
- Top Reasons Why Spinach Is One Of The Healthiest Leafy Greens - Doctor NDTV - July 3rd, 2020
- Intermittent Fasting Part 1: How It Helps You Lose Weight and What are the Different Ways to Do It - News18 - July 3rd, 2020
- Six small things we're looking forward to on Super Saturday - Telegraph.co.uk - July 3rd, 2020
- Stop worrying about bread, nutritionists say the toppings you put on your carbs are more likely to influence - Business Insider India - July 1st, 2020
- The COVID-19 threat is here for the foreseeable future. As cities reopen, protecting passengers on public tran - Business Insider India - July 1st, 2020
- Integrity is everything - The Bookseller - July 1st, 2020
- Wellbeing Wednesdays Podcast: What are the Social Determinants of Health? - The Daily Athenaeum - thedaonline - July 1st, 2020
- This July is Bound to Be a Wiener - The Auto Channel - July 1st, 2020
- Kindness of others inspires woman to lose nine stone in just two years - Mirror Online - July 1st, 2020
- Apple cider vinegar may help with weight loss here's what the research says - Business Insider India - July 1st, 2020
- Weight loss: Woman shrunk from a size 16 to a size 12 in lockdown following this easy diet - Express - June 30th, 2020
- 12 Tips For Fasting Diets - How To Do Intermittent Fasting ... - June 30th, 2020
- What's Chlorella? 10 Health Benefits, How to Use It & More - Greatist - June 30th, 2020
- Fans stunned by UFC legend Frankie Edgars body transformation as he shows off ripped physique with just 1 - talkSPORT.com - June 30th, 2020
- 5 precautions you should take when waxing your pubic hair, according to the doctor behind 'The Vagina Bible' - Business Insider India - June 30th, 2020
- Are you getting enough protein and fibre? - Australian Hospital + Healthcare Bulletin - June 30th, 2020
- Coronavirus Update: Air Canada cutting 30 domestic routes and closing operations at eight regional airports - The Globe and Mail - June 30th, 2020
- Nutrition for eye health - Washington Daily News - thewashingtondailynews.com - June 30th, 2020
- 'Our Time of Personal Responsibility': In Today's Media Availability, Public Health Officer Talks About California's Case Spike, COVID in Kids and... - June 30th, 2020
- Continuing the fascinating story of Bettys War as husband Harry returns safely - Stoke-on-Trent Live - June 30th, 2020
- La Septima Caf Adapts With Family Meals And A Thriving To-Go Business - Osprey Observer - June 30th, 2020
- Dr Punam Krishan: Here are my tips on how to keep safe in the summer sun summer - Glasgow Times - June 30th, 2020
- This July is Bound to Be a Wiener - PerishableNews - June 30th, 2020
- How the explosive YouTube war between James Charles and Tati Westbrook brought the value of vitamin supplement - Business Insider India - June 30th, 2020
- Bomb squad raid in Bingley linked to toxic diet pill - Bradford Telegraph and Argus - June 30th, 2020
- Study: Women Are Less Attracted to Men Who Have Cats In Their Dating Profile Pics - Mental Floss - June 30th, 2020
- We Need A COVID Reality Check: An MD Shares His 5 Reasons Why - mindbodygreen.com - June 30th, 2020
- How To Safely Celebrate The Fourth Of July With Your Baby - BabyGaga - June 25th, 2020
- Feed higher levels of Irish cereals with XL Grain - Agriland - June 25th, 2020
- Vegetarianism: Tapping Into the Meatless Revolution - Visual Capitalist - June 25th, 2020
- Lotus Flower Plague-Repellent Pills and Other Gifts From China - The New York Times - June 25th, 2020
- Best educational toys for kids aged 1 to 5 - goodtoknow - June 25th, 2020
- Living with stones in my body - The Citizen - June 25th, 2020
- Is it safer to fly or drive? 5 health experts weigh in - IOL - June 21st, 2020
- Plant-based nutrition as an alternative to meat - Food Dive - June 21st, 2020
- The Military Diet: Lose 10 Pounds in Just 1 Week? - June 20th, 2020
- Great white shark diet surprises scientists - News - The University of Sydney - June 20th, 2020
- 30 Healthyish Sips, Snacks, And Sauces To Stock Up On This Summer - Forbes - June 20th, 2020
- Experts on what the health risks of flying on a plane right now are - Insider - INSIDER - June 20th, 2020
- Shock as children find python abandoned in woodland - The Northern Echo - June 20th, 2020
- How to Maximise your Performance, Recovery and Health by Optimising your Gut Health - BOXROX - June 20th, 2020
- Is It Safe to Rent an Airbnb or Vacation Home Right Now? - Yahoo! Voices - June 20th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting and exercise: How to do it safely - Medical News Today - June 11th, 2020
- Lifestyle: Easing back into the real world - Worcester Mag - June 11th, 2020
- How to Be Safe at Work - WTOP - June 11th, 2020