8280 Santa Monica Blvd., once home to Kimble Hair Studio, is where Mens Health Foundation will conduct a COVID-19 vaccine test.
Johnson & Johnson is resuming the Phase 3 trial of its Janssen COVID-19 vaccine, with one of the locations for the trial in the heart of West Hollywood.
Mens Health Foundation has rented the space at 8280 Santa Monica Blvd. that once housed the Kim Kimble Hair Studio and will conduct the testing there. Johnson & Johnsons goal is to enroll over 60,000 people 18 and over in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Mexico, Peru, South Africa and the United States. The only location in Southern California other than the one in West Hollywood will be in Anaheim.
Mens Health Foundation is a well-known institution in West Hollywood. It was founded by Dr. Anthony Mills, known as Tony, who is CEO of Mens Health Foundation, and president and chief medical officer of Southern Californias Mens Medical Group.
Mens Health Foundation has clinics on the eighth floor of 9201 W. Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood and at 8601 S. Broadway in Los Angeles. Luca Michelangeli, senior director of communications and strategy for the foundation, said it chose the street level location on Santa Monica Boulevard to make it easier to reach people in West Hollywood. He said the clinic hopes to enroll a diverse group in the study. LGBT and Black and brown and essential workers, he said.
If I had to pick one space, right where we are is the best pick. Were right next to City Hall, Hamburger Marys. Joeys is right across the street, said Mills, who lives in Beverly Hills but was often seen out in West Hollywood pre-pandemic. When I go there and I hang out there for a while I see this incredibly diverse community walking down the streets, more than in the bar area.
The 8280 Santa Monica space has undergone some expensive renovation to ensure the safety of those who use it, including the installation of air filtration devices.
Mills said the research team at 9201 Sunset is involved in two COVID-19 treatment trials. One involves Gileads remdesivir, which was recently FDA-approved for use in severely ill patients with coronavirus but whose impact on people with mild to moderate COVID-19 infection is under study. The Mens Health Foundation trial involves a 15-minute intravenous infusion of remdesivir for three consecutive days after diagnosis, and the dosing can even be done at the patients home.
Also under study is the effectiveness of an oral treatment for mild-moderate COVID-19 being developed by Merck. Thisnew class of agent is a novel ribonucleoside analog prodrug with broad spectrum antiviral activity against a range of RNA viruses, including coronaviruses. Both trials are currently enrolling patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 that does not require hospitalization.
Those interested in participating in the Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 vaccine trial can go online to see if they qualify.
Johnson & Johnson halted its vaccine trial earlier this month after a participant suffered a stroke. Investigators found no evidence that the stroke was associated with the medication, and Johnson & Johnson has announced it will resume the trial next week. Johnson & Johnson has said it may have a vaccine available for emergency use by January.
Mills said the study has special meaning to him because it calls to mind the 1980s, when HIV infections swept through the gay community, killing many. A gay man who is open about his HIV positive status, Mills and his practice over the years have attracted a large number of people infected with HIV who were seeking medical care from someone who could understand the illness and what they were going through.
I fought and fought and fought to get this vaccine trial, Mills said. Much like I was doing in the 80s, when HIV was the issue.
- We Just Dropped Fitspo Merch Youre Going to Want to Lift In - menshealth.com - November 27th, 2020
- Brian Mazza Is Running 50 Miles to Fight Male Infertility Stigma - menshealth.com - November 27th, 2020
- Meet The Female CEO Bringing Men's Health Initiative Movember To Women - Forbes - November 27th, 2020
- US : The 6 foods most recommended by doctors, to enhance men's health - Explica - November 24th, 2020
- Grow a mo to raise some dough and awareness of mens health - Larne Times - November 12th, 2020
- James Wilks Featured In Mens Health Most Influential Men In Health And Fitness List - Plant Based News - November 12th, 2020
- These 3 Steps Will Help You Deal With Negativity in the News - menshealth.com - November 12th, 2020
- Cranbrook's Sutton brothers form non-profit Rising Wolf to promote and support men's health - BCLocalNews - November 12th, 2020
- How to Watch the Men's Health Next Top Trainer Competition - menshealth.com - November 3rd, 2020
- [Tuning In] Sean Low on taboo in men's health and how machismo shouldn't get in the way for men to feel their best - KrASIA - November 3rd, 2020
- You're Invited to Join Us for an Exclusive, Virtual MVP Live Event - menshealth.com - November 3rd, 2020
- Moustaches for Men's Health The Meaning of Movember - Todayville.com - November 3rd, 2020
- The Muscle You Didn't Know You Need to Train to Look Shredded - msnNOW - November 3rd, 2020
- Movember begins next week in support of men's health - HalifaxToday.ca - October 25th, 2020
- Why You Should Grow a Movember Moustache This Year - menshealth.com - October 24th, 2020
- Phoebe Bridgers Shares How Men Can Help the Women in Their Lives - menshealth.com - October 24th, 2020
- Exclusive: Lenny Kravitz On His Grand Collab, New Book, and That Abs-olutely Perfect Men's Health Cover - Daily Front Row - October 24th, 2020
- How to Deal With Erectile Dysfunction in a Relationship - University of Utah Health Care - October 7th, 2020
- Why This Year's Mo Will Be The Most Important You Ever Grow - Triple M - October 7th, 2020
- Billy Bush Has Nothing to Hide - menshealth.com - October 6th, 2020
- Men's Health Knows There Is Strength in Diversity - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- I Tried the ArcWave Ion Masturbator for Men Who Just Like the Tip - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- United Way Annual Campaign continues, Beards United initiative for mens health launching - ConchoValleyHomepage.com - October 4th, 2020
- These Are the 'Mild Symptoms' COVID-Positive People Might Experience - menshealth.com - October 4th, 2020
- 15-Min Dumbbell Session To Pump Up Your Arms and Crush Calories - Men's health UK - September 20th, 2020
- 5 Ideas For How to Take Care of Your Mental Health, According to Common - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- How This Astronaut Builds Muscle to Survive in Space - menshealth.com - September 20th, 2020
- Free men's health screenings held on Sept. 26 - The Oakland Press - September 16th, 2020
- Bisexual Men Exist, and It's Time for Our Moment - menshealth.com - September 16th, 2020
- Arkansas Urology hosts 16th annual Kickoff to Mens Health event - KARK - September 16th, 2020
- Handle Any Kind of Pressure. Even Brain Surgery. - menshealth.com - September 16th, 2020
- 'GUYnecology': Why men's reproductive health matters | YaleNews - Yale News - September 16th, 2020
- Arkansas Urology hosts 16th Annual Kick Off to Mens Health events - KLRT - FOX16.com - September 10th, 2020
- 10 Men's Sexual Health Questions That Are Too Embarrassing to Ask - University of Utah Health Care - September 10th, 2020
- Bulk Up Your Chest, Back and Arms with This 500-Rep Bodyweight Challenge - Men's health UK - September 8th, 2020
- Free men's health and mental awareness session for men in Burnham-On-Sea area - Burnham-On-Sea - September 8th, 2020
- Men feeling more stressed, isolated as coronavirus pandemic rolls on, Clinic survey finds - cleveland.com - September 8th, 2020
- Join Common and Men's Health for an Intimate Discussion on Mental Health - menshealth.com - September 5th, 2020
- The 100-Rep Squat Challenge That Stacks on Lean Muscle Mass - Men's health UK - September 3rd, 2020
- Here's How Mark Cuban Would Make It as a 20-Year-Old With Only $20 in 2020 - menshealth.com - September 3rd, 2020
- How COVID-19 is impacting mens mental health and behavior - fox4kc.com - September 3rd, 2020
- APL's New TechLoom Tracer Sneakers Are Worth the Hype - Men's Health - August 20th, 2020
- This 400-Rep Lower-Body Challenge Will Fire Your Metabolism and Smoke Calories - Men's health UK - August 20th, 2020
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Is Living Simple to Get Ripped for 'The Matrix 4' - Men's Health - August 18th, 2020
- This 2-Move Kettlebell Calorie Crusher Is The Ultimate Leg Day Throwdown - Men's health UK - August 18th, 2020
- How to Increase Male Fertility With Healthy Sperm - University of Utah Health Care - August 18th, 2020
- Maro Itoje's Workout Will Build Explosive Strength - Men's Health - August 16th, 2020
- This Great Interval Workout Aims to Make You Stronger in Just 15 Minutes - MSN Money - August 16th, 2020
- Strong Men, Strong Communities: Design of a Randomized Controlled Trial of a Diabetes Prevention Intervention for American Indian and Alaska Native... - August 11th, 2020
- Eat to Build Muscle - Foods and Diet Plan - Men's Health - July 30th, 2020
- Build A Bigger Chest and Shoulders With This Bodyweight Showdown - Men's health UK - July 30th, 2020
- Here's Everything That Went Down With Garmin's Alleged Ransomware Attack - Men's Health - July 30th, 2020
- This Is Why Women Live Longer Than Men - Longevity LIVE - July 30th, 2020
- Mercury Capital axes eight former Bauer magazines, including Harper's Bazaar, Elle and Men's Health - The Guardian - July 25th, 2020
- 7 Ways to Make Sitting Work Every Muscle In Your Body - MSN Money - July 25th, 2020
- The Re-Re-Reinvention of Mark Wahlberg - Men's Health - July 9th, 2020
- Link between mens sexual health and their overall health - WJBF-TV - July 7th, 2020
- Many more magazines shutting down, including Mens Health and Bicycling - MyBroadband - July 7th, 2020
- 25 Fantasy Movies to Watch When You Need to Escape the World - Men's Health - July 6th, 2020
- Olympic Swimmer Ryan Murphy Swears by This Breakfast Every Day - Men's Health - July 6th, 2020
- 840-Rep Dumbbell Challenge That Crushes Fat And Stacks On Muscle - Men's health UK - June 26th, 2020
- A Morning Hater's Guide to Waking Up Early - Men's health UK - June 25th, 2020
- La Esperanza Clinic is reaching out to the community to wear blue for mens health - MyFoxZone.com KIDY - June 25th, 2020
- Bear Grylls Just Showed Off His Seriously Impressive Core Strength - menshealth.com - June 24th, 2020
- Kevin Gates Is Learning About Urine Therapy in Quarantine - menshealth.com - June 23rd, 2020
- The Workout Brad Pitt Used To Get Shredded For Fight Club - Men's Health - June 23rd, 2020
- Getting your guy to the doctor. Local experts weigh in on why men's health matters - Bham Now - June 23rd, 2020
- After Men's Health Week and a Gradual Release from Lockdown, is it time to take a deeper look at Men's Mental Health? - News from Wales - June 23rd, 2020
- Gender gap in men's health | Family and Relations | nny360.com - NNY360 - June 23rd, 2020
- Editorial: Its time to remember mens health - Salina Journal - June 14th, 2020
- HSE West to run series of initiatives for Mens Health week from Monday - Connacht Tribune Group - June 14th, 2020
- Know The Connection Between International Men's Health Week And Father's Day - India.com - June 10th, 2020
- The 100 Best (and Worst) U.S. Cities for Your Heart - menshealth.com - June 10th, 2020
- International Men's Health Week 2020: How, What And Why it is Celebrated - India.com - June 10th, 2020
- Before You Say All Lives Matter, Read This - Men's health UK - June 5th, 2020
- Men's Health Week to be a rallying call for communities - Mirage News - June 5th, 2020
- Celebrate Mens Health Month with the American Cancer Society - KRQE News 13 - June 4th, 2020
- Resistance Band Workout: 6-Move Home Workout To Build Muscle - Men's health UK - June 4th, 2020
- Men's Health Month: 26 Years of Progress - Dallasweekly - June 4th, 2020
- Mens Health Month: Top 5 Tips for Dad this Fathers Day - Newswise - June 3rd, 2020