Teenage or adolescence is a crucial phase of our life. It is at this age that several hormonal changes take place within our body. It is also the growth phase and hence, special attention is required for the overall fitness of the body and mind. Unfortunately, lack of physical activity and consuming excessive junk food has pushed numerous teenagers into the obesity whirlpool. Being overweight affects their self-confidence and they often take to skipping meals or following fad diets to the point of starvation to attain their desired weight. But the results are usually not as good as expected and many teenagers end up with eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia, which deprives their bodies of vital nutrients.
Skipping meals is actually counter-productive when it comes to losing weight. In fact, you should eat frequent small portions every 3 to 4 hours in a day. You should try and consume at least five meals a day. Eating several small portions will also keep your blood sugar level steady. Most people have this misconception that skipping breakfast is a great way to cut calories. But the fact is, when you skip breakfast, you experience hunger pangs and end up binging during lunch. Certain studies have also observed that people who eat breakfast tend to have lower BMIs.
Drinking fluids does not mean you have to gorge on aerated drinks, sodas and processed juices as they load your body with calories. Water is the best liquid that not only hydrates your body but also removes toxins from your system. It is advisable to drink at least 3 liters of water in a day. Other fluids you can consume include unsweetened fruits juices diluted with water and low fat milk. Green tea is also a great option to lose weight. Fruit and vegetable juices are devoid of fiber, so eating whole fruits and vegetables is a better option.
Teenagers are often habituated to chewing gum. It does help in burning calories but is not good for your stomach. Chewing causes you to swallow more puff-producing air instead of food. You can try sucking a mint instead of chewing gum. Besides keeping hunger at bay, a mint will also give you fresh breath.
Late night snacking is certainly not conducive to weight loss. So it is advisable to finish your dinner by 8 p.m. You can indulge in a cup of tea or frozen yoghurt if you need something sweet after dinner. But late night munching should be avoided as much as possible as whatever you eat gets stored in the body as fat. Brush your teeth after dinner to ensure that you do not indulge in snacking between 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Most of us love to snack on chips, French fries, cakes, sausages, biscuits, pies and candies. However delicious they may be, they are high in unhealthy saturated fats and sugars that can lead to weight gain. These food items also lead to high cholesterol. To become fit, these should be replaced with healthier options like fruits and vegetables. Now these might not look like an attractive alternative but these can be made interesting. You can have them with peanut butter or hummus. You can also munch on a handful of unsalted nuts or popcorn without added salt or butter. Greek yoghurt also helps boost your metabolism and can be eaten topped with honey and berries.
Fad diets are a big no; especially if you wish to lose weight on a long term basis. Numerous fad diets promise quick weight loss and they do yield results. But these results are short lived and are often accompanied by nutritional deficiencies and health risks. As a teenager, you require adequate supply of all vital nutrients to fulfill your bodys growth requirements. Fad diets are nutritionally unbalanced and so the weight lost in the course of diet is likely to be regained after the diet is over. So it is important to choose your diet plan carefully to incorporate a healthy balanced diet with more physical activity.
Several low carb diets are gaining prominence these days. But they can prove to be unhealthy as they often eliminate whole food groups, thus depriving you of the nutrients from those food groups. These diets are often high in saturated unhealthy fats that can cause high cholesterol and increase the risk of heart disease. Some other diets eliminate dairy foods like milk, yoghurt and cheese. These food items are a good source of calcium which is vital for healthy bones and their proper growth. So think hard before you decide to get on a diet.
To be able to lose weight successfully, you need to make exercising a part of your daily routine. Physical activity is important for the fitness of both body and mind. You can lift weights, swim or run on a treadmill. You can perform simple exercises like squats, dips and crunches at home. Even dancing is a great exercise that works on all your body muscles. Ensure to exercise at least 3 to 4 days in a week rather than being a couch potato.
Walking is also a great way to burn calories. An average person can burn 6 calories by walking for a minute. Begin by walking one mile a day and remember to walk at a brisk pace. Slow down if you find yourself out of breath and increase the distance to be covered gradually. Use the stairs instead of lift. According to certain studies, walking for 15 minutes in a day can increase your life expectancy by 3 years. This is one of the easy ways to lose weight for teenagers!
As stated earlier, you need not starve yourself to lose weight. All you need to do is follow a balanced diet incorporating the following food items:
Foods that are high in fiber can keep you full for longer, thus keeping hunger at bay and minimizing calorie consumption. Sources of fiber include whole breads, whole grain cereals and fruits and vegetables.
Calcium is vital for proper bone development and bone density. Teenagers require the greatest amounts of calcium of approximately 1200 mg a day. So it is advisable to replace your soft drinks with milk. Since milk contains fortified vitamin D, it also helps in strengthening the bones. Other sources of calcium include yoghurt, hard cheese and low fat cottage cheese.
Iron is an important mineral as it facilitates the delivery of oxygen to the tissues and develops the brain and immune function. Iron also provides the body adequate energy to function. The daily requirement of iron is 12 mg and 15 mg for teenage boys and girls respectively. Sources of iron include beef, pork, poultry, eggs and oysters. Vegetarian sources include spinach, asparagus, green peas, beans and nuts as well as fortified cereals, pasta and rice.
Fruits and vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals needed by a growing teen body. So it is advisable to consume five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. These can be easily taken in the form of baked or steamed veggies, fruit juices and smoothies. You can also try fresh, frozen or dried fruits as optional snacks.
As stated earlier, water is the best fluid; so ensure to drink the recommended 6 to 8 glasses of water in a day so that you dont feel dehydrated. You can include other fluids like unsweetened fruit juices and milk.
Hope this post on how to lose weight fast at home for teenagers helps you!
It is very easy to fall into the trap of self hate when you lack self confidence, when the world uses cruel terms to address you, when all you want to do is lose a few kilos and when you are just a teenager without the life experience to know better. But you are worth so much! Dont spoil your health with bad eating habits. Follow these steps and you will see a different you soon.
See the original post:
9 Simple Ways To Lose Weight Quickly For Teenagers
- Weight Loss: Follow THESE tips that are backed by research to shed extra kilos - PINKVILLA - May 14th, 2020
- How to lose weight like this Delhi guy who lost 26 kgs via intermittent fasting & tweaking his daily routine - GQ India - What a man's got to do - December 21st, 2019
- 11 Easy ways For Teens To Lose Weight - November 8th, 2019
- Easy Ways to Lose Weight Naturally | Reader's Digest - October 2nd, 2019
- 15 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Fast With Healthy Lifestyle ... - April 14th, 2019
- How to Lose Weight Fast: 5 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Quickly - March 31st, 2019
- 50 Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Reader's Digest - March 13th, 2019
- 5 Easy Ways to Lose Weight, 20 Minutes at a Time ... - October 16th, 2018
- How To Lose Weight Fast and Easy (NO EXERCISE ... - YouTube - April 25th, 2018
- 7 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Over 35 - 40 Day MAX Fat Burn - March 2nd, 2018
- 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Without Starving | Men's Health - December 7th, 2017
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight! - youtube.com - November 24th, 2017
- 10 Easy Ways To Lose Weight Fast - YouTube - November 24th, 2017
- Diets that promise easy ways to lose weight and treatments to get your neck into shape are put to the test - The Sun - September 4th, 2017
- How to Determine Your Body Weight Set Points - Beliefnet - August 3rd, 2017
- 10 easy ways to lose weight and maintain it - Ridge Times - June 8th, 2017
- 10 easy ways to lose weight - WebMD Boots - May 31st, 2017
- Australian nutritionist shares six easy ways to lose weight without dieting - NEWS.com.au (blog) - May 8th, 2017
- 40 Easy Ways To Lose Weight Without Dieting - Into Fitness - May 5th, 2017
- 30 Easy Ways to Lose Weight ... - Eat This, Not That! - April 22nd, 2017
- 21 Surprising and Easy Ways to Lose Weight | The Active Times - April 2nd, 2017
- Easy Ways to Lose Weight Fast | Eat This Not That - February 20th, 2017
- 34 Easy Ways To Lose Weight Fast - BuzzFeed News - February 18th, 2017
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight - calories and weight loss calculator - December 3rd, 2016
- 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight - YouTube - November 3rd, 2015
- How To Lose Weight Fast and Easy (NO EXERCISE) - Weight ... - September 25th, 2015
- Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Women's Health Magazine - August 1st, 2015
- 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Full Meal Plan to Lose Weight How To Lose Weight Fas 10Tips for Fast - Video - April 30th, 2015
- 10 EASY Ways to Lose Weight & Get Healthy! Weight Loss Tips, How to Diet, Food, Best Diet - Video - April 30th, 2015
- 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight HSGYQ7cICNY Tips to Lose Weight - Video - April 30th, 2015
- How To Lose Weigh FAST 8 Easy Ways to Lose Weight FAST LEhOS5KdxKs Weight Loss for Men & Women - Video - April 30th, 2015
- 10 easy ways to lose weight EwoTl3EhIF0 Best Diet - Video - April 30th, 2015
- 5 Easy Ways To Lose Weight - And That Keep the Weight Off - Video - April 18th, 2015
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight Tips - Video - April 18th, 2015
- Lose Weight | Easy Ways To Lose Weight Tips - Video - April 13th, 2015
- How To lose Weight Fast? 10 Easy ways to lose weight quickly? - Video - April 10th, 2015
- 10 Easy Ways to Lose Weight - Garcinia Cambogia - Video - April 10th, 2015
- 5 Easy Ways To Lose Weight Naturally - Video - April 5th, 2015
- Green tea easy ways to lose weight fast! - Video - April 2nd, 2015
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight Fast Desperate Man Loses 20 Lbs Of Fat With Amazing Diet Secrets - Video - April 2nd, 2015
- Easy ways to lose weight - weight reduction - Video - April 1st, 2015
- Green tea 5 easy ways to lose weight! - Video - April 1st, 2015
- 7 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Shopping - Video - March 31st, 2015
- How to lose weight fast quick and easy ways to lose weight! - Video - March 31st, 2015
- Easy Ways to Lose Weight /Effective Weight Loss / Lose Weight Fast - Video - March 24th, 2015
- 10 EASY WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH 3 WEEK DIET IN 21 DAYS - Video - March 24th, 2015
- Incredible Easy Ways To Lose Weight - Video - March 23rd, 2015
- 7 Easy Ways to Lose Weight ~Tips/Tricks - Video - March 22nd, 2015
- Best Weight Loss Tips From Special Nutrition - Easy Ways to Lose Weight - Video - March 22nd, 2015
- Weight loss - The Venus Factor - Video - March 12th, 2015
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight After Having A Baby How It Work - Video - March 8th, 2015
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding How It Work - Video - March 8th, 2015
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight Without Working Out How It Work - Video - March 7th, 2015
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight Without Spending Money How It Work - Video - March 6th, 2015
- Easy ways to lose weight in a week - Video - March 4th, 2015
- How To Lose Weight Fast and Easy - weight loss program - Video - February 12th, 2015
- Easy ways to lose weight for teenagers - Video - February 12th, 2015
- 10 EASY Ways to Lose Weight & Get Healthy! Weight Loss Tips, How to Diet, Food, Health Coach YouTu - Video - February 8th, 2015
- Beginner 15 Minute Workout - Video - January 23rd, 2015
- Easy Ways to Lose Weight Katie's Testimonial about Proactol Natural Slimming Pills - Video - January 21st, 2015
- 5 Easy Ways to Lose Weight | Fat Loss | AJ Odudu - Video - January 4th, 2015
- 10 Easy Ways To Lose Weight [Tips For Weight Loss] - Video - December 16th, 2014
- 10 Tips To Lose Your Weight - Video - December 4th, 2014
- 8 Easy Ways to Lose Weight - Video - November 28th, 2014
- How to lose weight - The healthy way HQ | #Weight Loss Tips And tricks - Video - November 28th, 2014
- 3 easy ways to lose weight fast - Video - November 27th, 2014
- Lose weight without starving yourself -10 easy ways to lose weight without starving yourself - Video - November 14th, 2014
- 10 Easy Ways To Lose Weight Fast - Video - November 12th, 2014
- How To Lose Weight Fast - Lose Belly Fat with Garcinia Cambogia - Video - November 5th, 2014
- 9 Easy Ways to Lose Weight Fast Without Workout - Video - November 3rd, 2014
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight After Having A Baby - Video - October 30th, 2014
- 10 EASY Ways to Lose Weight & Get Healthy! Give Guidelines to Take Nutrition Part 1 - Video - October 18th, 2014
- How To Lose Weigh FAST: 8 Easy Ways to Lose Weight FAST - Video - August 9th, 2014
- HOW LOSE WEIGHT FAST & EASY,EASY WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT,WEIGHT LOSE PROGRAM, - Video - July 31st, 2014
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight In A Month - Video - July 16th, 2014
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight REVEALED With Pure Acai Berry - You MUST SEE This - Video - July 7th, 2014
- 7 Easy Ways To Lose Weight - Video - July 6th, 2014
- Inspirational Fitness Model | Easy Ways To Lose Weight - Video - July 5th, 2014
- Smoothie Diet Weight Loss Results, Easy Ways to Lose Weight Fast, - Video - July 2nd, 2014
- 5 EASY WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT | CARLYROWENA - Video - June 29th, 2014