Not sure whether to try juicing or low carb? Well youre probably better steering clear from both if you want a trimmer figure.
New research has revealed the most effective diet for achieving and maintaining weight loss and it doesnt even involve milkshakes or skipping meals.
The extensive study by Ticketgum.com quizzed 1,245 slimmers about which diet plan they follow and whether or not it helped them reach their weight loss goal.
It turns out a whopping 83% of people admitting to hitting their slimming target by following the Paleo diet and 89% achieved their goal weight by combining the caveman eating plan with exercise.
20 fat-burning foods that help you lose weight
1 / 20
Avacodo - includes monosaturated fatty acids that are more likely to be used as slow burning energy than stored as body fat
Furthermore 67% of people said they maintained their goal weight by sticking to Paleo principles.
The second most effective diet was Slimming World, which helped 78% of people drop pounds, followed by Weight Watchers which worked for 73% of dieters.
On the less successful end of the scale, just 17% of people managed to lose fat with Slim Fast and only 11% got lean by juicing.
We spoke to Paleo diet specialists Keris Marsden and Matt Whitmore, who answered all your burning questions about the prehistoric eating plan.
Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, the pair who co-authored The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping explained the principles of eating Paleo.
What is the Paleo diet?
Essentially the Paleo diet or the Paleo-ish diet as we like to call it is a diet based upon predominantly unprocessed foods including meat, poultry, fish, fruit, herbs, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
The principle benefit to favouring these foods is the fact that they're some of the most nutritious foods available to us in terms of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant content, plus these foods have always been the foundation of the human diet.
Good news dieters! The 23 foods that contain NO calories because you burn more than you consume as you eat
1 / 23
APRICOTS - Calorie content: 12 kcals per apricotEating apricots is said to help reduce the risk of strokes, and heart attacks. They're also full of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fibre, which all promote good heart health
How can the Paleo diet help you lose weight?
One of the biggest factors is the reduction in processed foods, most of which are loaded with poor quality fats, refined carbohydrates, excess salt and food additives all which make them highly palatable, difficult to portion control and can lead to an energy excess in the body.
Replacing these with natural, nutritious ingredients, especially more vegetables, means your calorie consumption is effortlessly reduced whilst still eating a similar volume of food.
Furthermore the foods emphasised on the paleo diet are loaded with micronutrients that fuel your metabolism including zinc, magnesium, iodine and B vitamins, plus the increase in protein and fibre provide more satiating meals which allows you to increase the gaps between meals and eliminate snacking.
Can you drink alcohol on a Paleo diet?
Sure you can with our flexible approach, you can also eat cake or cookies too, the key is moderation.
As the saying goes it's not a diet its a lifestyle and the reality is there are numerous occasions you don't want to be weighed down by restrictions.
You can join in and celebrate birthdays, holidays and meet friends for a few drinks if that's what you enjoy, then just start the following day with a nutritious breakfast and continue your usual tasty, healthy meals.
If you are looking to lose that belly fat, try these simple easy to follow tips that will help you on the road
1 / 10
Eat every three hours - Passing on breakfast will send your body into starvation mode, meaning your body starts to store everything youve eaten as fat, and youre midsection is the first to suffer the consequences
Do you have to stick to a certain amount of calories per day?
We offer guidance on calories and macronutrients, however, we dont believe in counting calories on a daily basis.
Your calorie consumption is effortlessly reduced whilst still eating a similar volume of food
Educating yourself so you have a better understanding and awareness of foods is essential as this allows you to meet your basic needs and establish healthy portion sizes.
Some people will need to adapt things slightly once in a consistent Paleo-ish routine and possibly increase their protein intake or limit carbohydrates depending upon their body composition and lifestyle.
It's important to note that sleep, exercise, sunlight exposure and stress management play a fundamental role in health and fat loss, we call these maxi-nutrients.
Does the Paleo diet improve your overall health?
The Paleo-ish diet can have an astounding impact on overall health.
The increase in healthy macronutrients plus extra vitamins, minerals and antioxidants improves mood health, enhances energy levels and digestive function.
It also supports a healthy immune system by lowering levels of systemic inflammation in the body and therefore your risk of chronic disease.
Ideally these nutritional changes are implemented alongside increased physical activity, sufficient sleep and a means of supporting mental health with mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
We have helped numerous individuals use the paleo diet as an intervention for type-2 diabetes and other inflammatory driven diseases and achieved great results.
Here is the original post:
83% of people lose weight on THIS diet without exercising - Daily Star
- What's the best way to lose fat- diet or exercise? - Belfast Live - June 1st, 2020
- Latest Scientific Findings on Weight Loss Opportunities and Diet Risks - SciTechDaily - June 1st, 2020
- 'Fat burning zone'? The best way to exercise to burn fat - Jakarta Post - June 1st, 2020
- These 3 workout and diet weight loss tips for men are so easy but they actually WORK - T3 - June 1st, 2020
- We tried Ring Fit Adventure on Nintendo Switch and it is a REAL workout. Turns out weight loss CAN be fun - T3 (Australia) - June 1st, 2020
- Tom Schwartz: The Real-Life Diet of the 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Who Is Making Questionable Smoothie Decisions in Quarantine - GQ - June 1st, 2020
- Watch How This Guy Trained to Get Six-Pack Abs in Just 6 Weeks - menshealth.com - June 1st, 2020
- Three SIMPLE weight loss tips that actually work - T3 - June 1st, 2020
- Best weight loss exercises for every body type, according to fitness expert - Daily Star - June 1st, 2020
- Heather and Terry Dubrow Reveal the Perks of Their New Dubrow Keto Fusion Diet: Alcohol and Fruit! - Us Weekly - June 1st, 2020
- The Supplements to Take Before, During and After Your Workouts - LIVESTRONG.COM - June 1st, 2020
- Garth A. Rattray | The frustration of patients' non-adherence - Jamaica Gleaner - June 1st, 2020
- You can get a six pack in 15 minutes without even leaving your living room with this workout - T3 - June 1st, 2020
- Cycling and illness: Can intense training increase the risk of catching a virus? - Cycling Weekly - June 1st, 2020
- Diabetes type 2 - the best exercise to avoid high blood sugar symptoms - Express - June 1st, 2020
- World No Tobacco Day: Ways to use this lockdown as a catalyst to quit smoking - National Herald - June 1st, 2020
- Can Milk And Dairy Products Prevent Age-Related Bone Loss? Here's The Truth - NDTV Food - June 1st, 2020
- How to live longer: The best diet hailed by health experts to increase life expectancy - Express - June 1st, 2020
- How People Are Practicing Healthier Behaviors in the Face of COVID-19 - Healthline - June 1st, 2020
- Fitness: What will gyms look like when they reopen? - Montreal Gazette - June 1st, 2020
- When to start a diet: 7 reasons why now is a good time from a dietitian - TODAY - May 26th, 2020
- Weight loss: Experts reveal the best time to drink apple cider vinegar - Express - May 26th, 2020
- This Guy Tried the Workout and Diet That Helped Navy SEAL David Goggins Lose 100 Pounds in 3 Months - menshealth.com - May 26th, 2020
- Losing Sleep During COVID-19? Tips on How and When to Exercise - Healthline - May 26th, 2020
- How to live longer - the best breakfast food to prevent early death and boost weight loss - Express - May 26th, 2020
- To Fight Covid-19, Dont Neglect Immunity and Inflammation - The New York Times - May 26th, 2020
- Certain exercises linked to improved blood flow in key brain regions - SlashGear - May 26th, 2020
- How to structure a healthy diet while you're working from home during the coronavirus pandemic, according to n - Business Insider India - May 26th, 2020
- Michael Phelps Eating And Exercise Regime Proves He's Half Man, Half Amazing - Men's Health - May 26th, 2020
- Virus has made healthy eating more costly - just when we need a better diet - Bryan-College Station Eagle - May 26th, 2020
- Pre-Workout Diet: Five Foods To Eat Before You Hit The Treadmill - NDTV Food - May 26th, 2020
- Is it safe for Joe Maddon and Dave Roberts to manage teams? - Los Angeles Times - May 26th, 2020
- 5 Ways to Stay Fit While Maximizing Technology - HealthTechZone - May 26th, 2020
- Women need to exercise as they age, doctor says - Taipei Times - May 26th, 2020
- Fitness: What will gyms look like when they reopen? - Cochrane Times Post - May 26th, 2020
- How to live longer: The best exercise to boost heart health and increase life expectancy - Express - May 26th, 2020
- Yes, You Can Lose Weight Walking as Little as 30 Minutes a Day - but There's a Catch - MSN Money - May 26th, 2020
- 6 benefits of drinking coconut water during pregnancy - TheHealthSite - May 26th, 2020
- World Digestive Health Day Q&A with Dr Megan Rossi and Poo-pourri - ResponseSource - May 26th, 2020
- Obesity in mice prevented by disabling gene - Medical News Today - May 24th, 2020
- Weight loss: 3 things that helped Adele lose 22 kilos, according to her personal trainer - Times of India - May 24th, 2020
- Intermittent fasting: if you're struggling to lose weight, this might be why - The Conversation UK - May 24th, 2020
- A Meal With Craig Burton, putting diet facts on the table - The Phuket News - May 24th, 2020
- Diabetic? Tips to keep your blood sugar levels in check amid pandemic - The Indian Express - May 24th, 2020
- Mike Tyson, Vegan for 10 Years, Says "I'm In the Best Shape Ever" - The Beet - May 24th, 2020
- The Real-Life Diet of TimTheTatman, Who's Intermittent Fasting and Trying to Stay Healthy - GQ - May 24th, 2020
- 15 Tips To Stay Consistent On A Healthy Diet From Nutritionist - NDTV - May 24th, 2020
- Young Indiana wrestlers find ways to stay fit amid pandemic - The Herald Review - May 24th, 2020
- Skincare: Common mistakes we make during the lockdown and different ways to deal with it - PINKVILLA - May 24th, 2020
- Coronavirus diets: What's behind the urge to eat like little kids? - Kiowa County Press - May 24th, 2020
- As obesity's link to COVID-19 grows, one family that lost 24-year-old daughter diets together - USA TODAY - May 24th, 2020
- Overcome the coronavirus meat shortage by adopting one of the world's healthiest diets - CNN - May 22nd, 2020
- Weight loss: This is the best time to eat to burn belly fat - but expert issues warning - Express - May 22nd, 2020
- 'Once N95 masks are available, should I wear one?' and other coronavirus questions answered by Wisconsin health experts - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - May 22nd, 2020
- This Guy Threw Away Junk Food, Cut Back on TV, and Lost 80 Pounds - menshealth.com - May 22nd, 2020
- Perspective: The Exercise We're Missing Out On - WNIJ and WNIU - May 22nd, 2020
- I'm heading out into this newly opened Wisconsin. What do I need to know? Our experts are here to help. - Marshfield News-Herald - May 22nd, 2020
- High blood pressure - the 25p fruit that could prevent deadly symptoms of hypertension - Express - May 22nd, 2020
- Full-body home workouts for weight loss: 4 effective exercises that will help you burn belly fat - Times Now - May 22nd, 2020
- The diet secret that Salma Hayek is prepared before a big event - Play Crazy Game - May 22nd, 2020
- 'I Spent My Early 30s Masking My Eating Disorder with Fad Diets and Over-Exercising' - Yahoo Style - May 22nd, 2020
- Horoscope today: Here are the astrological predictions for May 22 - Mumbai Mirror - May 22nd, 2020
- Associations of Midlife Blood Pressure Responses to Exercise with the Risk of Disease in Later Life - Bel Marra Health - May 22nd, 2020
- Lockdown could be a great time to try the keto diet and this keto meal plan could really help with weight loss - T3 - May 22nd, 2020
- Before you go back out in public, read the immunity checklist - Houston Chronicle - May 22nd, 2020
- Understanding PCOS And Its Patriarchal Standards Of Femininity - Feminism in India - May 22nd, 2020
- Rugby star Sonny Bill Williams talks diet, fasting and training in lockdown - Voxy - May 22nd, 2020
- Why am I so tired? How to deal with exhaustion during pandemic - TODAY - May 22nd, 2020
- What the health? Doctor prescribes tips for wellness in his new book - The Spokesman-Review - May 22nd, 2020
- World Hypertension Day: Managing hypertension during a global health crisis - The Indian Express - May 22nd, 2020
- Take care of your hair with this night routine - The Indian Express - May 19th, 2020
- Adele seen driving to the gym as she keeps up her gruelling exercise regime after seven stone weight loss - The Sun - May 15th, 2020
- The UK Lockdown Diet Report: Brits Struggling As They Pile on the Pounds, Reveals The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan - PR Newswire UK - May 15th, 2020
- Coronavirus diets: What's behind the urge to eat like little kids? - Waco Tribune-Herald - May 15th, 2020
- Love Your Health: Infertility, Diet And Exercise. Is There A Link? - Greeneville Sun - May 15th, 2020
- Greg Bell: The simple health choices that help Utahns fight COVID-19 - Deseret News - May 15th, 2020
- Immunity building: Ensure your diet is full of these essential nutrients - The Indian Express - May 15th, 2020
- Ellie Goulding admits to previous 'unhealthy relationship with food' - Metro.co.uk - May 15th, 2020
- What Happens When You Run a 5K Every Day - LIVESTRONG.COM - May 15th, 2020
- International Day of Families 2020: 5 tips to ensure a healthy, balanced diet for your family - Times Now - May 15th, 2020