Not sure whether to try juicing or low carb? Well youre probably better steering clear from both if you want a trimmer figure.
New research has revealed the most effective diet for achieving and maintaining weight loss and it doesnt even involve milkshakes or skipping meals.
The extensive study by Ticketgum.com quizzed 1,245 slimmers about which diet plan they follow and whether or not it helped them reach their weight loss goal.
It turns out a whopping 83% of people admitting to hitting their slimming target by following the Paleo diet and 89% achieved their goal weight by combining the caveman eating plan with exercise.
20 fat-burning foods that help you lose weight
1 / 20
Avacodo - includes monosaturated fatty acids that are more likely to be used as slow burning energy than stored as body fat
Furthermore 67% of people said they maintained their goal weight by sticking to Paleo principles.
The second most effective diet was Slimming World, which helped 78% of people drop pounds, followed by Weight Watchers which worked for 73% of dieters.
On the less successful end of the scale, just 17% of people managed to lose fat with Slim Fast and only 11% got lean by juicing.
We spoke to Paleo diet specialists Keris Marsden and Matt Whitmore, who answered all your burning questions about the prehistoric eating plan.
Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, the pair who co-authored The Paleo Primer: A Second Helping explained the principles of eating Paleo.
What is the Paleo diet?
Essentially the Paleo diet or the Paleo-ish diet as we like to call it is a diet based upon predominantly unprocessed foods including meat, poultry, fish, fruit, herbs, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
The principle benefit to favouring these foods is the fact that they're some of the most nutritious foods available to us in terms of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant content, plus these foods have always been the foundation of the human diet.
Good news dieters! The 23 foods that contain NO calories because you burn more than you consume as you eat
1 / 23
APRICOTS - Calorie content: 12 kcals per apricotEating apricots is said to help reduce the risk of strokes, and heart attacks. They're also full of vitamin C, potassium and dietary fibre, which all promote good heart health
How can the Paleo diet help you lose weight?
One of the biggest factors is the reduction in processed foods, most of which are loaded with poor quality fats, refined carbohydrates, excess salt and food additives all which make them highly palatable, difficult to portion control and can lead to an energy excess in the body.
Replacing these with natural, nutritious ingredients, especially more vegetables, means your calorie consumption is effortlessly reduced whilst still eating a similar volume of food.
Furthermore the foods emphasised on the paleo diet are loaded with micronutrients that fuel your metabolism including zinc, magnesium, iodine and B vitamins, plus the increase in protein and fibre provide more satiating meals which allows you to increase the gaps between meals and eliminate snacking.
Can you drink alcohol on a Paleo diet?
Sure you can with our flexible approach, you can also eat cake or cookies too, the key is moderation.
As the saying goes it's not a diet its a lifestyle and the reality is there are numerous occasions you don't want to be weighed down by restrictions.
You can join in and celebrate birthdays, holidays and meet friends for a few drinks if that's what you enjoy, then just start the following day with a nutritious breakfast and continue your usual tasty, healthy meals.
If you are looking to lose that belly fat, try these simple easy to follow tips that will help you on the road
1 / 10
Eat every three hours - Passing on breakfast will send your body into starvation mode, meaning your body starts to store everything youve eaten as fat, and youre midsection is the first to suffer the consequences
Do you have to stick to a certain amount of calories per day?
We offer guidance on calories and macronutrients, however, we dont believe in counting calories on a daily basis.
Your calorie consumption is effortlessly reduced whilst still eating a similar volume of food
Educating yourself so you have a better understanding and awareness of foods is essential as this allows you to meet your basic needs and establish healthy portion sizes.
Some people will need to adapt things slightly once in a consistent Paleo-ish routine and possibly increase their protein intake or limit carbohydrates depending upon their body composition and lifestyle.
It's important to note that sleep, exercise, sunlight exposure and stress management play a fundamental role in health and fat loss, we call these maxi-nutrients.
Does the Paleo diet improve your overall health?
The Paleo-ish diet can have an astounding impact on overall health.
The increase in healthy macronutrients plus extra vitamins, minerals and antioxidants improves mood health, enhances energy levels and digestive function.
It also supports a healthy immune system by lowering levels of systemic inflammation in the body and therefore your risk of chronic disease.
Ideally these nutritional changes are implemented alongside increased physical activity, sufficient sleep and a means of supporting mental health with mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
We have helped numerous individuals use the paleo diet as an intervention for type-2 diabetes and other inflammatory driven diseases and achieved great results.
Here is the original post:
83% of people lose weight on THIS diet without exercising - Daily Star
- How To Choose The Right Diet And Exercise Plan For Men - September 10th, 2019
- How to Exercise on a Keto Diet | KetoDiet Blog - August 21st, 2019
- Diet and Exercise Calendar Template | 2019 Calendar ... - August 3rd, 2019
- Nutrition, Exercise & Sleep - National Sleep Foundation - July 29th, 2019
- Top Four Ways to Exercise When on a Ketogenic Diet - July 13th, 2019
- Cherry Creek Medical Weight Loss - Colorado Weight Loss - June 5th, 2019
- Is Diet Really More Effective Than Exercise for Weight ... - June 5th, 2019
- Dementia: Exercise, diet, healthy lifestyle can prevent it ... - May 19th, 2019
- Diet and Exercise Tips For Incontinence URINARY ... - April 26th, 2019
- Is It the Diet, the Exercise, or Both? | NutritionFacts.org - April 17th, 2019
- How To Create The Perfect Diet Plan For Your Workout Goal - April 16th, 2019
- Diet + Fitness - CNN - April 3rd, 2019
- Diet vs. Exercise - Mindful by Sodexo - March 9th, 2019
- Diet vs. Exercise: The Truth About Weight Loss - WebMD - February 28th, 2019
- Is Exercise Pointless? (Why You Cant Out Train A Bad Diet) - February 10th, 2019
- Donald Trump's Physical Exam Shows Hes in 'Very Good ... - February 8th, 2019
- Can You Exercise While On The Keto Diet? | Bioketo - February 3rd, 2019
- CRON-diet - Wikipedia - January 17th, 2019
- Reverse PCOS Naturally Through Diet and Exercise | Sepalika - September 24th, 2018
- Diet and Exercise for Heart Disease Prevention - September 24th, 2018
- Diet & Exercise Diary: Hinkler books: 9781743087800 ... - August 6th, 2018
- The Fully Raw Diet: 21 Days to Better Health, with Meal ... - July 9th, 2018
- Diet, Exercise & Health | Fisher Center for Alzheimer's ... - June 5th, 2018
- PCOS and Exercise: How much and how often? | PCOS Diet Support - May 27th, 2018
- 2-Week Diet & Exercise Plan | Applied Nutrition | Health Tips - May 25th, 2018
- Should You Exercise While On The HCG Diet? - May 17th, 2018
- Diet or exercise for weight loss? - Business Insider - May 17th, 2018
- Dieting - Wikipedia - May 17th, 2018
- Successful Weight Loss: Top 10 Tips On ... - The Diet Channel - May 17th, 2018
- The relationship between diet and exercise Steven Low - April 28th, 2018
- Exercise and Eating Healthy - April 19th, 2018
- Diet Vs Exercise: Which Matters More For Weight Loss ... - January 12th, 2018
- Exercise and Anti Inflammation Diet to Live Longer - December 29th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight Fast Without Diet Pills Or Exercise - October 13th, 2017
- Benefit to improving diet and exercise at the same time ... - October 1st, 2017
- 3 Day Military Diet & Exercise: Best Workout Plan for ... - September 20th, 2017
- PCOS and Exercise - The Benefits | PCOS Diet Support - September 20th, 2017
- Diet and Exercise | County Health Rankings & Roadmaps - September 20th, 2017
- Not just diet and exercise: lifestyle changes needed to shed the kilos if you're overweight or obese - South China Morning Post - September 5th, 2017
- Weight loss: How to slim your waist without exercise or dieting ... - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- Weight loss news: Men find THIS type of exercise harder than women - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- Rebel Wilson weight loss: Pitch Perfect's 'Fat Amy' shed the pounds doing THIS exercise - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- 10 ways to build your best body starting today - Body and Soul - September 4th, 2017
- 5 Myths About Exercise Debunked - Inc.com - September 4th, 2017
- Start the Week Off Right: Four exercise and nutrition myths - Quad City Times - September 4th, 2017
- 5 common workout myths and what to do instead, according to the personal trainer who eats only 2 meals a day - Evening Standard - September 4th, 2017
- 30 ways to add years to your life that aren't 'diet and exercise' - WYFF Greenville - September 3rd, 2017
- Junk food fan's shock after learning his 'terrible' diet has aged his body by a staggering 22 YEARS - The Sun - September 3rd, 2017
- When diets fail, Rujuta Diwekar's exercise guide comes to the rescue - Economic Times - September 3rd, 2017
- Losing weight gets personal: Combining diet and behavioral changes may help - Washington Post - September 3rd, 2017
- Jessie James Decker Reveals the Fitness and Diet Secrets to Her Super Hot Bikini Body! - E! Online - September 1st, 2017
- Nathalie Emmanuel's Diet and Exercise Regime Helps Her On-Set Stamina - Hollywood.com - August 30th, 2017
- Weight loss: Man loses over three stone by swapping fizzy drinks for THIS - Express.co.uk - August 30th, 2017
- Nathalie Emmanuel's diet and exercise regime helps her on-set stamina - Belfast Telegraph - August 29th, 2017
- How I Got This Body: Less Fad Dieting and Diet Coke, More Seltzer and Fitspo Friends - Washingtonian.com - August 29th, 2017
- Cutting the carbs: Everything you need to know about the South Beach Diet - Atlanta Journal Constitution - August 29th, 2017
- Calorie reduction + exercise = better muscle function in older adults - Medical Xpress - August 29th, 2017
- Emilia Clarke's trainer reveals what she does to stay in such great shape - INSIDER - August 28th, 2017
- Weight loss diet: Eating THIS before exercise could affect how your body burns fat - Express.co.uk - August 28th, 2017
- Diet and exercise - Journal Advocate - August 28th, 2017
- The key to weight loss: THIS could be the best way to combat obesity - Express.co.uk - August 28th, 2017
- The only two exercises you need to do to get rid of belly fat fast - Daily Star - August 28th, 2017
- Weight loss: This is the best trick YOU can do to lose weight without even trying - Express.co.uk - August 27th, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways To Spring Clean Your Diet - Huffington Post Australia - August 27th, 2017
- Weight loss: THIS is the best exercise you can do at home to lose belly fat - Express.co.uk - August 27th, 2017
- A Coach's Wife: Trying to comprehend the mixed-up business of diet and exercise - Daily Herald - August 27th, 2017
- Tia Mowry on her 5-second style and why she'll never give up comfort foods - Yahoo Food - August 27th, 2017
- Report: Diet, Exercise Help Diabetics Maintain Normal Lifestyle - CBS Philly - August 26th, 2017
- Fit For Life: Train and Eat! Not - Exercise and Diet - GoLocalProv - August 26th, 2017
- Weight loss: How to lose weight and blast belly fat with walking - Express.co.uk - August 26th, 2017
- Bob Harper Shares All the Ways His Life Has Changed Following His Heart Attack - POPSUGAR - August 26th, 2017
- Intensive lifestyle change: It works, and it's more than diet and exercise - Harvard Health (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- Kristina Dropped 102 Pounds by "Doing Zero Exercise" in the First Year - POPSUGAR - August 21st, 2017
- 25-year-old supermodel Kate Upton says weightlifting completely changed her body and outlook on fitness - INSIDER - August 21st, 2017
- Jennifer Aniston Dishes on Her Diet and Exercise Secrets (Grab a Pen and Take Notes, People!) - Closer Weekly - August 20th, 2017
- Study: A red wine component has similar anti-aging benefits to diet and exercise - PhillyVoice.com - August 19th, 2017
- Health and exercise myths and tips - Inquirer.net - August 18th, 2017
- The Secret Behind Demi Lovato's Confidence and Happiness? This Routine - POPSUGAR - August 18th, 2017
- What Marilyn Monroe actually ate every day - HarpersBAZAAR.co.uk (blog) - August 18th, 2017
- Prevent cardiovascular disease - adding this to diet could be as good as exercise - Express.co.uk - August 17th, 2017