We reached out to some of Mumbais leading fitness trainers and nutritionists to learn how to improve our weight loss journey.
An essential lifestyle change is important in order to eat well-planned, clean meals. Making changes in snacking and shifting to water-based fruits and vegetables like watermelon and cucumber is a good way to start, says Wellness Expert Rakhee Mehta.
Give emphasis to healthy snacks that will keep you satiated so you won't overeat during your main meals. Choose healthy food combinations of protein and carbs, which will keep you full for long and give you the required energy, adds Nutritionist Neha Sahaya.
Eat less fat compared to protein and carbs. Fat has twice the number of calories. Yes it's healthy, but substitute it with more nutrient dense, low calorie fruits and vegetables, says Fitness Trainer Shivoham.
In the quest to eat healthy, people often over-consume calories, which hampers their fat loss journey. For example, suppose you have eaten clean during the day and have gotten all the nutrients you need in like carbs, proteins and fats. But you are hungry at night and you have two optionsan avocado toast or a Nutella toast. If you are trying to lose fat, what would you choose? 99% of the time, the answer I get is avocado toast. An avocado toast is roughly double the calories of a Nutella toast. At that time, youre not eating for nutrients, you are eating to satisfy a craving. Go for the lower calorie cost. Eat the Nutella toast. This may also mentally help you stay cleaner for the coming days, adds Avinash Mansukhani, Transformation Specialist and Founder of Fight The Sunrise.
Dont listen to any fad that tells you to cut carbs, because the truth is that you need all the macronutrients to optimise your body functioning. Rather than trying to cut carbohydrates, focus on the quality you choose. Brown rice, potato, barley, amaranth and millets are phenomenal choices to aid weight loss, states Neha Premjee, Weight Loss Coach.
Choose a workout you enjoy! If you like running, cycling or dancing, do more of that. Basically, you should enjoy your workout to get the most optimum results. When you enjoy the workout, your mind isnt burdened with the thought of losing weight and that's when it actually works wonders, says Kanchi Shah, Fitness Instructor.
A regular yoga practice is an excellent way to increase flexibility and stability to build muscle and tone the entire body. Practicing yoga also helps you detoxify the body, reduce stress and bring more awareness and mindfulness into your daily life, adds Yoga Expert, Samiksha Shetty.
Burn more calories than you consume. Here is where your workout becomes important. When the end goal is weight loss, a weight training program is a must. Increase your weights as you progress in your training. This will increase your intensity and help you burn more calories, states Fitness Trainer, Nyela Kapadia.
Find a workout that incorporates cardio and strength training together. While the overall calorie burn is essential to weight loss, so is replacing fat with muscle tone. If youre able to incorporate cardio and strength training together, youre being that much more efficient and will experience visible results faster, adds Mallika Tarkas Parekh, owner of Physique 57 India.
To lose weight one needs to focus not only on the food they eat, but also on other factors such as mental health, which has a direct effect on one's metabolism. You can eat all the broccoli in the world in a stressful state and put on weight. Alternately, you can eat an entire piece of cake in a happy atmosphere and yet not put on any weight, states Health Coach, Neha Ranglani.
Stress plays a major role in weight loss. It influences and increases the Cortisol in your body, which further affects Ghrelin, Leptin, and Prolactin, which interfere in weight loss. So learn to manage stress, by the way of yoga, meditation, and putting mind over matter in this case, adds Kamna Bhandari, Nutritionist and Life Coach.
Don't confuse thirst for hunger. When you're feeling hungry, first drink a glass of water, if hunger still persists, only then move towards food, as our body releases the same signal to our brain for each of these bodily needs.
Also, sleeping for eight hours is the only way to assimilate what we have consumed and then process it, says Seema Jindal Jajodia, founder of Nourish Organics.
Water is necessary for all functions in your body. Muscles are very rich in water, and proper hydration is a must for excellent performance, muscle growth, and fat loss. When you are dehydrated, your metabolism slows down as well, concludes Maya Pereira Sawant, Personal Trainer and Founder of Lean Kitchen by Maya.
Dont like doing Burpees? Try these 7 alternatives instead
Rafael Nadal is casually playing tennis wearing a $1M Richard Mille watch
11 best abs exercises to strengthen your core
> More on Fitness
Here is the original post:
7 tips from Mumbais best fitness trainers and nutritionists on how to lose weight - GQ India
- How to Lose Weight with Fasting - BOXROX - November 11th, 2020
- 5 Myths About Calories That Could Prevent You From Losing Weight - LIVESTRONG.COM - November 11th, 2020
- Rebel Wilson touches on emotional eating struggles prior to losing weight - Geo News - November 11th, 2020
- Weight loss can reduce the risk of heart attack - Gulf Today - November 11th, 2020
- Do you have a thyroid condition? Here are 5 weight loss tips for people with hypothyroidism - Times Now - November 11th, 2020
- Guess which exercise burns fat the fastest: For weight loss, it's surprisingly simple - T3 - November 11th, 2020
- Trial finds limiting calories more important than the time of day you eat - New Atlas - November 11th, 2020
- Suffering from diabetes? Reducing body fat linked to lower heart risk among diabetic patients - TheHealthSite - November 11th, 2020
- How to avoid weight gain at home: 8 home weight loss tips and essential equipment - T3 - November 11th, 2020
- You Don't Have to Go Keto to Lose Weight, Says This Diet Expert - The Beet - November 9th, 2020
- How losing weight through fruits affects health, tips from nutritionist - Yahoo Philippines News - November 9th, 2020
- More Americans are Trying to Lose Weight Than Ever Before, Study Finds - msnNOW - November 9th, 2020
- The Health at Every Size Philosophy Aims To Make Health Care More Inclusive of Larger-Sized Bodies - Well+Good - November 9th, 2020
- Scots finding their get up and go after 50 by losing weight and moving abroad - Daily Record - November 9th, 2020
- One Shot Keto Reviews Details One Shot Keto Pills Read Ingredients and Really Work - Riverfront Times - November 9th, 2020
- The shape I'm in: Cork comedian Sinead Quinlan on her TV show and losing weight during lockdown - Irish Examiner - November 9th, 2020
- Pick Up These 5 Great Items To Help Lose Weight Quickly - Men's Journal - November 5th, 2020
- Why Am I Not Losing Weight on the Starch Solution? These 12 Simple Tweaks Can Help - POPSUGAR - November 5th, 2020
- Contradictheory: My secret to losing weight (it's not what you think) - The Star Online - November 5th, 2020
- The #1 Way to Lose Weight You Haven't Tried Yet, Say Doctors - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 5th, 2020
- Weight loss: 6 reasons why you may not be losing weight with Surya Namaskar - Times of India - November 5th, 2020
- Dry Fasting: Health Benefits of This Lesser Known Yet New Way to Fitness - News18 - November 5th, 2020
- 'By Counting Macros And Weightlifting To Train For A Fitness Competition, I Lost 140 Pounds' - Women's Health - November 5th, 2020
- R Walk Fitness catching on The Famuan - Famuan - November 5th, 2020
- How TikTok became a hotbed of pro-anorexic videos and severely underweight influencers promoting - The Sun - November 5th, 2020
- Doing This One Thing Can Drive Your Weight Loss, New Study Shows - Yahoo Canada Shine On - October 28th, 2020
- With Weight Watchers And The Nike Running App, I Finally Broke Out Of My Weight-Loss Rut - Women's Health - October 28th, 2020
- Best nutrition apps: 10 of the top options - Medical News Today - October 28th, 2020
- Weight loss: can your 'settling point' prevent you from losing weight in the long term? - T3 (Australia) - October 28th, 2020
- How Can You Get Rid of Back Fat? 11 Tips for the Gym and Your Plate - Greatist - October 28th, 2020
- The Best and Worst Snacks for Weight Loss - LIVESTRONG.COM - October 28th, 2020
- 8 Best and Worst Types of Alcohol for Weight Loss - Everyday Health - October 28th, 2020
- Losing 13 percent of your weight could lead to big health improvements - The Oakland Press - October 28th, 2020
- There's a way to make weight loss easier and it involves your partner (no, it's not sex) - T3 - October 28th, 2020
- Control your weight to lower stroke risk: 5 diet, fitness tips to help you shed pounds and keep them off - Times Now - October 28th, 2020
- Utah Latinos are urged to stay safe from COVID-19, avoid big holiday gatherings - Salt Lake Tribune - October 28th, 2020
- Definition is broader than what we covered | Jackson Hole Woman - Jackson Hole News&Guide - October 28th, 2020
- Khabib Nurmagomedov and Uriah Halls Traumatic Seizures May Reveal Dangers of Cutting Weight in the UFC - Sportscasting - October 28th, 2020
- Princeton Police Dept's Annual Coat Drive is Going On Now - 94.5 PST - October 28th, 2020
- Getting The Most Possible From Your Daily Workouts - Chiang Rai Times - October 28th, 2020
- 5 things to know about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - StarNewsOnline.com - October 28th, 2020
- Artificial Sweeteners in Drinks are Not Healthy and Safe for Heart - TheHealthMania - October 28th, 2020
- Learning About the Health Benefits of SUP Yoga Exercise - Chiang Rai Times - October 28th, 2020
- 5 science-backed benefits of fasting, and how to fast safely and effectively - INSIDER - October 22nd, 2020
- Do you really lose weight by fat-free and sugar-free diets? Know the pros and cons of such eating patterns - Times Now - October 22nd, 2020
- DECODED: Why is it harder for short people to lose weight - Times of India - October 22nd, 2020
- Best weight loss diets: Experts weigh in on Whole30, Paleo, Keto and more - CNET - October 22nd, 2020
- Suniel Shetty reveals his formula of gaining and losing weight - GQ India - October 22nd, 2020
- Study says this is the #1 thing that causes you to gain weight - BGR - October 22nd, 2020
- Lose weight in your sleep with these bedtime drinks - TheHealthSite - October 22nd, 2020
- Woman missing for 2 weeks found safe in Zion National Park - Seymour Tribune - October 22nd, 2020
- Health and Wellness Predictions For 2021: Helen Lee Schifter - Taste Terminal - October 22nd, 2020
- Slimming World consultant inspired to lose weight after feeling like a failure to her class - Lincolnshire Live - October 21st, 2020
- #HealthBytes: Effective tips that can help you lose weight - NewsBytes - October 21st, 2020
- How does Slimming World work and how much is it to join? - The Irish Sun - October 21st, 2020
- 'Its literally the perfect knife': Dan Hong on the three most useful objects in his life - The Guardian - October 21st, 2020
- After losing 140 pounds, Saskatoon woman shocked to learn province won't cover skin-removal surgeries - CTV News Saskatoon - October 21st, 2020
- Weight Loss Tips: Nutritionist Tells What Actually Works For Losing Weight Effectively - NDTV - October 18th, 2020
- Using the Pandemic as an Opportunity to Lose Weight and Get in Shape - The New York Times - October 18th, 2020
- You Can Still Eat Dessert and Lose Weight Unless You're Making These 3 Mistakes - LIVESTRONG.COM - October 18th, 2020
- KETO Diet: Is It Just Hype Or A New Way Of Life? - Greek City Times - October 18th, 2020
- Want to knock off 5kgs in a month? Try this - NewsBytes - October 18th, 2020
- This Guy Lost 270 Pounds and Got Jacked After a Seizure Gave Him a Serious Wake-up Call - menshealth.com - October 18th, 2020
- Is it safe to do intermittent fasting while breastfeeding? - TheHealthSite - October 18th, 2020
- Amy Duggar Claps Back at Troll Who Told Her to Have More Kids, Lose Weight - Us Weekly - October 18th, 2020
- How Often Should You Work Out? For Weight Loss and Muscle Gain - Greatist - October 18th, 2020
- The Arctic is on track to lose more ice this century than at any point since the end of the Ice Age. Photos show the dramatic melting. - Business... - October 18th, 2020
- Phillip Schofield's months of hell and secret torment - losing weight, vomiting and missing work - Mirror Online - October 18th, 2020
- This Clever Technique Will Help You Lose Weight and Stay Fit - Slate - October 13th, 2020
- Is The Keto Diet Good For PCOS? Benefits Of Low-Carb Diet For PCOS - Women's Health - October 13th, 2020
- Is keto a healthy way to lose weight? Everything to know about the divisive low-carb diet - The National - October 13th, 2020
- How to Lose Fat Without Losing Muscle, According to Experts - Greatist - October 13th, 2020
- On a weight loss diet? Here are two quick and healthy breakfast recipes to kickstart your metabolism - Times Now - October 13th, 2020
- 806 Health Tip: Consistency Is Key To Losing Weight - mix941kmxj.com - October 13th, 2020
- Be specific with your intentions - Stabroek News - October 13th, 2020
- Weight loss: Signs your workout is actually making you gain more weight - Times of India - October 13th, 2020
- Kelly Osbourne shows off incredible 80-pound weight loss in skintight black jeans and low-cut top before - The Sun - October 13th, 2020
- AJ McLean's Body Transformation since Joining DWTS How Much Weight Has He Lost? - AmoMama - October 13th, 2020
- Scots mum claims she was fat-shamed by NHS weight loss leaflet just seven weeks after giving birth - Daily Record - October 13th, 2020
- Arthritis pain: Why weight loss helps; 3 ways to stay active and manage joint pain at home - Times Now - October 13th, 2020