Bad habits are all too easy to fall into. Whether its stress, boredom, or a general disinterest in productive habits, there are hundreds of reasons that people start smoking, overeating, or engage in lethargic behavior. Each of these 7 bad habits listed below is a habit you can ditch immediately and start feeling better within days of cessation.
Good habits create health, wealth, and a general sense of well-being. Remember that your mental and physical health are intertwined, and each affects the other. Dont let your mental health falter while your physical health waxes, or vice-versa. This list will help you get rid of the habits that are holding you back from maximum health and satisfaction with life.
Are you a smoker? So are about 34 million other Americans, and thousands of them will develop serious or life-threatening health complications in the coming months. Each year, smoking-related illnesses claim thousands of lives, and the negative effects of cigarettes are well-known. With so much knowledge available about cigarettes, alternative products to smoking (like tobacco free pouches) readily available, and a general understanding that theyre dangerous, why do so many still smoking?
The answer isnt as simple as it sounds, as there are many reasons people pick up the habit. The bottom line is that its one of the most harmful habits you can adopt. Youll start to feel better within a week or two of quitting and also get better insurance premiums. Once you make it over the initial hump that nicotine withdrawal presents, youll be able to surge forward into a healthier future.
Everything is bigger in America, including the population. With an obesity rate of nearly 40 percent, Americans are becoming more and more overweight every year. This startling statistic is attributed to a number of factors, but mainly, its our diets.
We eat diets rich in carbohydrates, red meats, sugar, and fat. This is simple not conducive to a healthy lifestyle, and the number of health complications (and the cost) of the obesity problem in America is staggering.
When you change to a healthy diet, you begin to feel healthier in just a few days. Youll likely go through sugar withdrawal (yes, sugar is addictive), but once you get through it, youll thank yourself for making the right choice. Dont let your food put you six feet under and force your family to rely on your life insurance.
In combination with a poor diet, a lethargic lifestyle has contributed to the obesity problem in the US. Heart disease is still the number one killer of adults in the US, and a lethargic lifestyle makes you more likely to develop heart complications. Adults should get at least 75 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise per week. Whens the last time you went for a run?
Were constantly stuck in front of our screens, wasting life away and causing damage to our bodies. Its time to get up and move; youll feel better almost immediately following a good exercise routine.
Alcohol is a readily available, legal, and socially acceptable drug. Yes, alcohol is considered a drug. Incidentally, its one of the most abused drugs in the country, since its so accessible. Every year, thousands of Americans go through rehabilitation for alcohol addiction, thousands more die from alcohol-related health complications, and still, more die in drunk-driving incidents.
This legal drug can destroy entire lives and your bodys most important systems. You may go through withdrawal after quitting alcohol cold-turkey, but youll start to feel better once it has passed. It can also prevent you from getting health insurance.
This is something were all guilty of. Self-deprecating behavior is being overly critical of oneself, especially with the aim of humor. Unfortunately, thinking poorly of yourself is anything but humorous. Millions of people suffer from low self-esteem, and this very real mental health condition can affect your entire life and how you view yourself as a person.
The truth is that self-deprecating behavior rarely stops with just words. Eventually, they develop into actions and destructive behaviors, which can cause insurance issues. Changing how you view yourself is the key to a happy, healthy lifestyle.
A proper sleep cycle is one of the most important components of a healthy lifestyle. Changing your sleep schedule can help you feel more energized, focused, and happy. Sleep is just as important as eating or drinking to both physical and mental health, so dont neglect it. For the best insurance adults should get at least 6-8 hours of sleep every night. Setting a strict bedtime and wake-up time can help you get your sleep schedule under control.
Are you a procrastinator? If so, then you know how stressful even the most simple of projects becomes once youve procrastinated until the last minute. Youre adding extra stress on your already full plate, and making deadlines more pressing than they have to be.
When you decide to quit procrastinating, youre granting yourself permission to excel in everything you do. Youll feel more satisfied with your work, a sense of completion, and punctuality, and most of all, youll be more confident in yourself as a person.
- Fasting for Navratri? Here are some healthy and safe ways in which you can lose weight - The Indian Express - October 24th, 2020
- Freezing and Thawing Fresh Food: 8 Dos and Don'ts - Everyday Health - October 24th, 2020
- The 6 Types of Foods to Avoid With Ulcerative Colitis - Self - October 24th, 2020
- Brighter Bites Receives Walmart Foundation Grant to Expand Access to Fresh Produce and Nutrition Education Across Schools this Fall - PerishableNews - October 24th, 2020
- Tecate Pairs with Tamales in a Holiday Promotion Marking Mexican American Family Tradition - Abasto, Food and Beverage Industry News - October 24th, 2020
- 5 health benefits of aloe vera, from healing sunburn and reducing acne to helping with digestion - Insider - INSIDER - October 24th, 2020
- OPINION | Can tea really lower your blood sugar? - Health24 - October 24th, 2020
- 5 critical steps you can take to protect yourself from coronavirus and other infectious diseases - Times Now - October 24th, 2020
- Is intermittent fasting bad for you? These are the benefits and drawbacks of restrictive diets - and the healthiest way to lose weight explained - The... - October 21st, 2020
- Navratri Fasting Tips: 9 Expert-Recommended Foods That You Can Have Guilt-Free - NDTV - October 21st, 2020
- Tips to fast safely during this coronavirus pandemic - TheHealthSite - October 21st, 2020
- Everything you need to know about the diets loved by Zara McDermott, Jennifer Aniston and Gwyneth Paltrow - OK! magazine - October 21st, 2020
- Covid-19: Eating in the office cafeteria? Keep these pointers in mind - The Indian Express - October 21st, 2020
- Losing weight with fasting - Know what to eat during Navratri, tips, recipe to fast safely - Times Now - October 18th, 2020
- 9 of the best restaurants in Central Pa. for indoor dining during the pandemic: Mimis picks - PennLive - October 18th, 2020
- JODY HOLTON The doctor wants an A1C Test. What is it and why? - Port Arthur News - The Port Arthur News - October 17th, 2020
- Harriette Cole: Im just out with my girls. Why doesnt he trust me? - The Mercury News - October 17th, 2020
- Navratri 2020: Puja timings, vrat tithi and foods! - Times of India - October 17th, 2020
- Preventing hidden hunger in the time of pandemic - Al Jazeera English - October 17th, 2020
- Artist Gina Adams exhibition, titled Its Honor is Hereby Pledged, on display at UNCPs A.D. Gallery - The Robesonian - October 17th, 2020
- Boyfriend may have trust issues - The Times and Democrat - October 16th, 2020
- 5 Things To Know On World Food Day 2020 In Arlington Heights - Arlington Heights, IL Patch - October 16th, 2020
- 5 Things To Know On World Food Day 2020 In New York - Yorktown, NY Patch - October 16th, 2020
- RECALL: 18 Brands of Dog Food Recalled by FDA Over Toxin Concerns - ourcommunitynow.com - October 16th, 2020
- Were We Mentally Ready for COVID-19? Why It's Time to Take Behavioral Health Seriously - - HIT Consultant - October 16th, 2020
- Oct. 14 COVID-19 update: 12 best strategies to stay healthy this fall and winter - Prescott Daily Courier - October 16th, 2020
- Gallbladder and Alcohol Consumption: What to Know - Healthline - October 16th, 2020
- What is intermittent fasting? Simple tips to do it safely - DNA India - October 7th, 2020
- Jenna Dewan Nails Her Response to Fans Asking for Her Postpartum Diet and Fitness Routine - E! Online - October 7th, 2020
- Food for thought: Breast cancer and nutrition - Coastal Courier - October 7th, 2020
- What liposuction is, and why it can make you thinner, but not thin - ZME Science - October 7th, 2020
- Diabetes And Covid-19: Expert Tips And Full-Day Diet Plan For Diabetics - NDTV Food - October 7th, 2020
- The Recovery Room: News beyond the pandemic October 2 - Medical News Today - October 7th, 2020
- Quick Breakfast Ideas: Prepare This Avocado Toast To Get A Dash Of Protein, Fibre And Good Fats - NDTV - October 7th, 2020
- Study Debunks Claim That This Popular Food Causes Inflammation - KYR News - October 7th, 2020
- The Top 10 Virtual Plant-Based Events You Don't Want To Miss - Plant Based News - October 1st, 2020
- How to gain weight quickly and safely - Netdoctor - October 1st, 2020
- Six commonly-eaten foods that can make you ill, and how to prepare and store them safely - Aberdeen Evening Express - October 1st, 2020
- Coronavirus Tips: Prevention and Safety For Everyday Life - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 1st, 2020
- Understanding heart conditions and their warning signs - Times of Malta - October 1st, 2020
- Kidney Health and Ketoveyda: How Suraksha Naturals Is Addressing the Health Concerns of the Keto Community - PRNewswire - September 29th, 2020
- Eating right and playing well The Island - The Island.lk - September 29th, 2020
- Prebiotics 101: Discover Why Prebiotic Fiber Is The Most Important Thing Missing From Your Diet - CBS Houston - September 29th, 2020
- Amsterdam and Helsinki launch algorithm registries to bring transparency to public deployments of AI - Best gaming pro - September 29th, 2020
- How Safe is the 3 Day Cardiac Diet? - MedicineNet - September 23rd, 2020
- James Cracknell is running for five days without food to prove we don't need carbs - is he right? - Telegraph.co.uk - September 23rd, 2020
- Opinion | Going against the grain: Debunking celiac disease misconceptions - University of Pittsburgh The Pitt News - September 23rd, 2020
- Blue Origin gets ready to test its suborbital spaceship with COVID-19 safety in mind - GeekWire - September 23rd, 2020
- What We Miss Most About Going to the Movies - Collider.com - September 23rd, 2020
- Want to Lose Weight Running? Experts Explain How to Achieve Your Goals Faster (and Safely) - Yahoo! Voices - September 22nd, 2020
- The Best Fish Scalers to Clean Your Catch - Robb Report - September 22nd, 2020
- Heart Failure in Primary Care: Do's and Don't's - Medscape - September 22nd, 2020
- The good, the bad and the dietary: Making sense of cholesterol - Gaston Gazette - September 22nd, 2020
- Why can't I go into my child's school, what is happening with SQA Exams? North-east council release FAQ guide to help parents - Aberdeen Evening... - September 22nd, 2020
- COVID-19 threatens to increase cancer mortality The Cancer Letter - The Cancer Letter - September 22nd, 2020
- How to be second wave savvy and what not to repeat from the first lockdown - Telegraph.co.uk - September 22nd, 2020
- The good, the bad and the dietary: Making sense of cholesterol - Boonville Daily News - September 18th, 2020
- The 7 Health Benefits of Eating More Tofu, and How to Enjoy It - The Beet - September 18th, 2020
- Is VR the Future of Corporate Training? - Harvard Business Review - September 18th, 2020
- City seeking input on safety improvements to Linn Street in West End - WCPO - September 18th, 2020
- What is a 'reverse diet' and can it help you to maintain your goal weight? - Health24 - September 8th, 2020
- How to Use Public Transit Safely During the Pandemic - One Green Planet - September 8th, 2020
- Brits ignore PMs diet plea as spending on takeaways surges - City A.M. - September 8th, 2020
- Healthy success for Pocklington-based slimming consultant - Pocklington Post - September 8th, 2020
- Tips on how to stay safe and not spread COVID-19 on this Labor Day Weekend - Berkeleyside - September 8th, 2020
- Dr. Pimple Popper cut open a 'bubble wrap' growth the size of a grapefruit on a patient's back - Business Insider India - September 6th, 2020
- Vancouver teacher praises benefits of taking kids outside of classroom to learn - CBC.ca - September 6th, 2020
- From a bald budgie to a fat goldfish your pet queries answered - The Sun - September 6th, 2020
- 'Gross cruelty' towards the consignment of sheep and cattle headed for the Middle East - IOL - September 6th, 2020
- How Much Weight Loss Can You Achieve In Three Months? - Women's Health - September 5th, 2020
- These simulations show how face shields and valved masks allow clouds of respiratory droplets to escape - Business Insider India - September 5th, 2020
- My ex just admitted he avoided sex because he has erectile dysfunction. Was I wrong to end things over our lac - Business Insider India - September 5th, 2020
- Anxious with anticipation? | News, Sports, Jobs - The Sentinel - Lewistown Sentinel - September 5th, 2020
- Vegetarians suffer from iron deficiency anaemia and other myths about the micronutrient deficiency busted - Times Now - September 5th, 2020
- Understanding the hidden risks of recreational marijuana - Houston Chronicle - September 4th, 2020
- Debunking the soy-estrogen problem and other soy myths - ZME Science - September 4th, 2020
- The Foods 5 Famous Chefs Never Leave the Grocery Store Without - Yahoo! Voices - September 4th, 2020
- The 8 Best Diet Plans Sustainability, Weight Loss, and More - September 1st, 2020
- Column: Be smart and safe when trying to lose weight during coronavirus pandemic - Honolulu Star-Advertiser - September 1st, 2020
- Severe Weather Warning Issued For Melbourne On Wednesday - KIIS1011 - September 1st, 2020