For many folks, sexual satisfaction is all about the feels, so if you or your penis-having partner are experiencing decreased sensitivity down there, it could really mess with your ability to get off.
There are a few things that can cause a decrease in penile sensation, from the way a person masturbates to lifestyle habits and hormone imbalances. The good news: There are ways to get back that lovin feeling.
To be clear, theres a big difference between less sensation and numbness.
Having less sensation which is what were focusing on in this article means you dont feel as much sensation in your peen as you did before.
A numb penis is a whole other ball of wax and refers to not being able to feel any normal sensation when your penis is touched.
Yep, how you pleasure yourself might be affecting your penile sensation.
The way you masturbate can lead to decreased sensitivity. Some people call this death grip syndrome.
The gist is that people who masturbate using a very specific technique or tight grip can become desensitized to other types of pleasure over time.
When this happens, coming or even getting any pleasure without the exact move or pressure becomes difficult.
If youre feeling all the feels just fine when you masturbate but find that partner sex is where the sensation is lacking, there are a couple potential reasons.
A thinner or smaller-than-average penis, or even too much lube (natural wetness or synthetic), can mean less friction and ultimately sensation during intercourse.
Just switching up your technique should do the trick and help you recondition your sensitivity.
If death grip is the issue, depending on how youre used to masturbating, this might mean loosening your grip, stroking at a slower pace, or both.
You could also mix things up with a sex toy made for penis play, like the Super Sucker UR3 Masturbator, which you can buy online, or TENGA Zero Flip Hole Masturbator, which is also available online. And dont forget the lube!
If intercourse is the issue, some positions make for a tighter fit and therefore more friction.
Heres a little secret: Tweaking any position so your partner can keep their legs tight together during sex should work.
Plus, if anal sex is what youre both into, the anus is by nature a tighter squeeze. Just be sure to use a lot of lube if you take it to the backside.
And speaking of a lot of lube: If an abundance of wetness is making sex feel a bit like a Slip N Slide, a quick wipe with some tissue should fix it.
Certain lifestyle habits can be to blame for your peens lessened sensitivity.
Do you bicycle a lot? Do you masturbate frequently? These things can cause the sensitivity in your peen to tank if you do them often.
When it comes to masturbation, how often you do it matters if youre doing it a lot, according to research that has linked hyperstimulation to decreased penile sensitivity.
As for bicycling, bicycle seats put pressure on the perineum the space between your balls and anus. It presses on blood vessels and nerves that provide feeling to the penis.
Sitting in a hard or uncomfortable chair for long periods can do the same.
Masturbation is healthy, but if the frequency of your handy treats is causing a problem, taking a break for a week or two can help get your penis feeling back to itself.
If you sit or bicycle for long periods, take regular breaks. Consider swapping out your bike seat or usual chair for something more comfortable.
Testosterone is the male sex hormone responsible for libido, not to mention a bunch of other functions.
If your testosterone (T) level drops, you might feel less responsive to sexual stimulation and have trouble getting aroused.
T levels decrease as you age. Damage to your danglers aka testicles can also affect T, as well as certain conditions, substances, and cancer treatment.
Your doctor can diagnose low T with a simple blood test and treat it using testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Lifestyle changes, like regular exercise, maintaining a moderate weight, and getting more sleep can also help.
Certain medical conditions and medications can affect sensation in the penis.
Diabetes and multiple sclerosis (MS) are just a couple conditions that can damage nerves and affect sensation in different body parts, including the penis.
Medications used to treat Parkinsons disease can also reduce penile sensation as a side effect.
Ensuring that any underlying condition is well managed might help bring the feels back.
If medications the culprit, your doctor may be able to adjust your dose or change your medication.
Sexual pleasure isnt just about your D. Your brain plays a big role, too.
If youre dealing with anxiety, stress, depression, or any other mental health issue, getting in the mood can be near impossible. And even if you really want to get down to business, your penis may not be as receptive.
It really depends on whats going on mentally.
Taking some time to unwind before sexy time can help if youre feeling stressed or anxious.
A hot bath or shower can help your mind and muscles relax. The warm water also increases circulation, which can help increase sensitivity and make your skin more responsive to touch.
If youre regularly struggling with feelings of anxiety or depression, or having trouble coping with stress, reach out for help.
Talk to a friend or loved one, see a healthcare provider, or find a local mental health provider through the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA).
Not to be punny, but try to not beat yourself silly over this.
We get how frustrating it must be to not be able to enjoy the sensation you want or expect during sexual activity.
Here are some things to keep in mind if youre struggling.
Chances are your lessened penile sensation can be improved.
As weve already covered, changes in technique, getting in the right frame of mind, or some lifestyle tweaks may be all thats needed to get your penis feeling right again.
A healthcare provider can help with any underlying medical or mental health issues and recommend the right treatments.
Were not just talking about choking your chicken either! Stressing about this and putting pressure on yourself will only make things worse in the pleasure department.
Give yourself time to relax and get in the mood before play, and permission to stop and try another time if youre not feeling it.
Penis health and sexual health are just as important as other aspects of your health.
If theres something going on with your penis or your ability to enjoy sexual activity, a professional can help.
You cant control everything, but there are things you can do to help keep your penis healthy:
If its your partner whos struggling with lessened sensitivity down there, dont worry. Chances are theres a good reason for it, and its probably not what you think.
Here are some things to keep in mind if its getting to you.
Your first instinct may be to blame yourself if your partner isnt enjoying sex. Try to not do this.
Sounds harsh, but: Not your penis, not your problem.
As a loving partner, of course you want them to feel good. But unless youve damaged their penis by taking a hammer to it, their lessened penile sensitivity isnt your fault, so dont make it about you.
Seriously, its not your penis!
Not trying to dismiss your feelings or anything, but as frustrated as you may be that your partner isnt feeling it even when you pull out your best moves, its probably a lot more frustrating for them.
That said, if your partners lack of sensation results in a marathon shag sesh that causes chafing to your nether regions, of course you have the right to take a break or stop. Its your body, after all. Just be mindful of how you say it.
EVERYONE should be asking what their partner needs when it comes to sex and relationships. Its the key to making both great.
Do they need a little time to relax before action moves to the peen? Do they need more foreplay that focuses on other pleasure spots to help them get in the mood? Do they want to just stop altogether? Dont be afraid to ask.
If youve lost some of that lovin feeling down below, your lifestyle and pleasure routine solo or partnered may provide some clues. If not, your doctor or other healthcare provider can help.
In the meantime, be patient and kind with yourself, and consider some of your other pleasure zones for satisfaction.
Adrienne Santos-Longhurst is a Canada-based freelance writer and author who has written extensively on all things health and lifestyle for more than a decade. When shes not holed up in her writing shed researching an article or off interviewing health professionals, she can be found frolicking around her beach town with husband and dogs in tow or splashing about the lake trying to master the stand-up paddle board.
Go here to read the rest:
24 Ways to Increase Penis Sensitivity: Tips, Techniques, and More - Healthline
- Healthy Men: What women need to know about men's health - Greater Milwaukee Today - November 20th, 2020
- Centrapeak Testosterone Booster Review: Is it Better than Others on the Market? - generationiron.com - October 18th, 2020
- Erectile Dysfunction: A Look at the Most Common Causes - Feed Leader - October 10th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Fiscal Q4 2020 Net Revenue of $14.9 Million, an Increase of 82% Sequentially, and 766% Year-Over-Year - BioSpace - October 6th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2020 Results and Provide Business Update on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 - Yahoo Finance - October 6th, 2020
- Whats Causing My Low Testosterone? - September 29th, 2020
- Indianapolis Low T Center & Men's Clinic | Sleep Apnea ... - September 29th, 2020
- Could This Device Help Save Covid-19 Patients Before the ICU? - Houstonia Magazine - September 6th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Manufacture and Delivery of Healight(TM) Devices for Use in COVID-19 Clinical Study - Yahoo Finance - August 17th, 2020
- How can you actively boost your low libido? - Big Think - August 11th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Regulatory Approval of ZolpiMist(R) by Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration - BioSpace - July 30th, 2020
- New Osteoporosis Recommendations From AACE Help Therapy Selection - Medscape - July 25th, 2020
- Hormone therapy no cure-all for 'low T' in ageing men - Health24 - July 20th, 2020
- Strain engineering of the magnetic multipole moments and anomalous Hall effect in pyrochlore iridate thin films - Science Advances - July 20th, 2020
- Does Low Testosterone Cause Night Sweats? - July 7th, 2020
- Treating low testosterone levels - Harvard Health - July 7th, 2020
- Some people who experienced no coronavirus symptoms may now be immune to Covid-19 - here's what the study says - Derry Journal - July 4th, 2020
- AGING: Hormone therapy no cure-all for low T in men - Palm Beach Post - July 2nd, 2020
- COVID 19 Effect on Low T Therapy Market: an Increase in Technology Development Will Heighten Growth of Key Players: AbbVie, Endo International, Eli... - June 23rd, 2020
- Freddy McConnell Gave Birth to His Son. Then His Life Changed. - Esquire - June 18th, 2020
- Low T Therapy Market: What Will Happen to Key Players After COVID 19 Ends: AbbVie, Endo International, Eli Lilly - Cole of Duty - June 9th, 2020
- Ego might drive men to testosterone therapy, but it helps with certain conditions - The Columbus Dispatch - June 8th, 2020
- What Are T-Cells and Can They Protect You from COVID-19? - Labmate Online - June 8th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience to Report Fiscal Q3 FY 2020 Results and Business Update - Yahoo Finance - May 7th, 2020
- COVID-19: T cells offer clues to the potential power of Roche's Actemra - FierceBiotech - May 6th, 2020
- Peek on Low T Therapy Market Future, Extensive Studies and Prediction of Top Manufacturers Condition: AbbVie, Endo International, Eli Lilly - 3rd... - May 6th, 2020
- New clues on how to treat COVID-19 from T cell counts - The Nation - May 3rd, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Signs Development Agreement with Sterling Medical Devices to Advance the Development of Healight as a Potential Coronavirus Treatment... - April 29th, 2020
- Low T Center Is Committed To Meeting The Needs Of Colorado Patients During The COVID-19 Emergency - P&T Community - April 20th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Announces Positive Results from an Independently Conducted Clinical Study of the Company's Licensed COVID-19 IgG/IgM Point-of-Care... - April 17th, 2020
- The testosterone myth - The Week Magazine - April 12th, 2020
- Low T Therapy Market Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast 2020 2024 - Monroe Scoop - March 26th, 2020
- Aytu BioScience Submits Notice of Commercialization to the FDA, Allowing for Company's Distribution of its 2-10 Minute COVID-19 IgG/IgM Point-of-Care... - March 23rd, 2020
- No, not everything about mens sexual behaviour can be explained by testosterone - Scroll.in - March 23rd, 2020
- Letters to the editor - Boston Herald - March 9th, 2020
- Low Testosterone - Symptoms & Treatment | Everyday Health - March 6th, 2020
- Lost revenue from low T fares must be recouped - Boston Herald - March 1st, 2020
- Indiana Regenerative Medicine Institute Offers Innovative Approaches in Regenerative Medicine, Hormone Replacement and Pain Management - Carmel... - March 1st, 2020
- Low Testosterone Causes | Everyday Health - February 24th, 2020
- Diagnosis, treatment and how to avoid osteoporosis - The Gazette - January 30th, 2020
- The Signs a Testosterone Booster is Needed - Science Times - January 22nd, 2020
- New Guideline for Testosterone Treatment in Men With 'Low T' - Medscape - January 9th, 2020
- John R. Hampton III, MD, is recognized by Continental Who's Who - PRNewswire - November 27th, 2019
- Expert Insights on Osteoporosis From the ACR/ARP 2019 Annual Meeting - Rheumatology Advisor - November 27th, 2019
- Low T Specialist - Dallas, TX & Frisco, TX: Men's T-Clinic ... - October 5th, 2019
- Does Insurance Cover Low T Treatment - Mantality Health - October 5th, 2019
- Low Testosterone Therapy (TRT) and Treatment from Low T Center - September 27th, 2019
- Low T Center, 549 East County Line Road, Building 4 Suite D ... - March 31st, 2019
- Low T Symptoms | Low Testosterone | Signs of Low T - March 12th, 2019
- Low T Treatment in Texas & Illinois | SynergenX Health ... - February 18th, 2019
- The Lowdown on Low-T - Discover Health - Rush University ... - February 18th, 2019
- The Low T Scam? - Testosterone Centers of Texas - Low T ... - February 18th, 2019
- Low T 99 - Testosterone Therapy: Bellevue, Seattle, Tacoma ... - December 31st, 2018
- Men, Low T, and the Facts | Lifespan - October 1st, 2018
- Denver Low T Medical Clinic and Testosterone Therapy Center - August 6th, 2018
- You've Heard About "Low T" But What About "Low E"? - April 23rd, 2018
- Low T 99 - 10 Photos - Health & Medical - 1239 120th Ave NE ... - April 23rd, 2018
- Low Testosterone Treatment - Carolina Men's Clinic - April 23rd, 2018
- Low T-Helper (CD4) Cell Level - Symptoms and Diagnosis - March 2nd, 2018
- ED Clinic Nashville TN, Erectile Dysfunction Treatment, Low T - February 10th, 2018
- Low-Testosterone (Low-T) - Controversy Over ... - AARP - January 11th, 2018
- Low testosterone symptoms | Effects of low testosterone - January 11th, 2018
- About Low Testosterone | Low T Center - December 29th, 2017
- Low Testosterone Replacement Therapy | Low T ... - Men's T Clinic - November 12th, 2017
- low t | eBay - November 12th, 2017
- Low Testosterone (Low T) Treatments - onhealth.com - November 2nd, 2017
- Low-T (Low Testosterone) Quiz: Symptoms, Signs & Treatment - October 22nd, 2017
- Erectile Dysfunction/Low T Men's Health Georgia - September 4th, 2017
- 10 easy ways to transform old band T-shirts into something new - Alternative Press - August 30th, 2017
- AbbVie Hit With $150 Million Loss in Low-T Cardiac Trial - Lexology (registration) - August 19th, 2017
- Low T Center returning to sponsor Sorenson - ESPN - August 18th, 2017
- Older men with 'low T' can improve their sex lives with testosterone therapy, study says - Men's Fitness - August 18th, 2017
- Center for Men | Tulsa Men's Clinic | Tulsa Low T - August 17th, 2017
- `Make Men Great Again' Speakers Bash Trans People While Pumping Up America's Girly Men - Southern Poverty Law Center - August 10th, 2017
- Doctors Address Low Testosterone Ads - CBS St. Louis - August 9th, 2017
- Low T - Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Ehormones - August 2nd, 2017
- What does a low T cell count mean? DoctorNDTV Queries - August 2nd, 2017
- Column: Testosterone treatment reserved for men with symptoms ... - The Daily Courier - July 5th, 2017
- Testosterone treatment reserved for men with symptoms - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - July 5th, 2017
- Low T Trial: Testosterone Gel Increases Plaque in Arteries - DrugWatch.com - June 2nd, 2017