Item has been placed in basket.
TAKE THE 2-WEEK CHALLENGE!Congratulations! You are about to embark on a 2-week diet and exercise program that will kick-start a healthy lifestyle. This doctor-developed system is specially designed to help you lose weight, so you look and feel great. With a little hard work, determination and dedication, we are confident that the results will be worth the effort. Are you up to the challenge?
THE DIET PLANWHAT SHOULD I EAT?Nutrient-dense, low calorie foods are the secret to losing weight and keeping it off. Your goal for the next 2 weeks is to choose foods that have the highest nutritional value. This means choosing foods that are rich in nutrients and low in calories. Try to aim for a balanced diet that includes whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins at every meal.
Whole foods are the best form of nutrition. The term "whole foods refers literally to food in its whole form, with minimal processing to keep it as close to its original form as possible. For example, visualize a whole apple and compare this to a glass of apple juice. The juice on its own does not contain the skin, seeds or fleshy center. However, the whole apple offers all the goodness of the entire fruit and consequently offers greater health properties. This example applies to most all foods, so choosing "whole foods over processed foods means you get the richest supply of nutrients possible.
Color is important! Antioxidants called "polyphenols are responsible for the brightly colored pigments (vibrant reds, greens, blues and purples) of many fruits and vegetables. By keeping your food choices colorful, not only do you get a gorgeous looking meal, but youll also benefit from the positive health impact these colorful foods provide.
WHEN SHOULD I EAT?Always eat breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After fasting for 8 hours through the night, the body relies on sustenance in the morning for physical and mental energy and focus. Ideally you should eat breakfast within an hour of waking to stimulate metabolism. If you are not accustomed to eating food this early in the day, try (at least for the next 2-weeks) to eat a very light but nutritious breakfast to help you get going in the morning.
Lunch should be the biggest meal of the day. This is when your digestive enzymes are maximized and your body is primed to break down and absorb food nutrients. Having your largest meal in the middle of the day provides your body with the calories that it needs to stay active.
Dinner should always be light and early. Try to finish your evening meal before 7pm or at least two hours before going to bed. It is important to give your digestive system a rest during the night-time and to allow your body to repair, regenerate and detoxify. In order for your metabolism to function at its most efficient, it relies on this nightly restorative process to keep your body operating at optimum levels.
Snacking is allowed during the 2-week bootcamp. Eating a small snack in between lunch and dinner can help to maintain balanced blood sugar levels and to restrict overeating.
THE MEAL PLAN:The following meal plan provides 1250 calories per day. This diet is scientifically designed for healthy weight loss over the course of 2-weeks. Below is an overview of the basic dietary guidelines, outlining the daily amount of food that is allowed from each food group. You can mix and match food items throughout the day (being careful not to exceed your caloric goal) or you can simply follow one of three pre-designed menus below.
Dietary Guidelines Fruit: 1 cup (1 cup is equivalent to: 1 cup of fresh/frozen/canned fruits, 1 cup fruit juices, cup dried fruits)(Healthy options include: apples, pears, mangoes, grapes, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, pomegranates)
Vegetables: 1.5 cups ( cup is equivalent to: cup of raw/cooked/frozen/canned veggies, cup vegetable juice, 1 cup of leafy greens)(Vary your choices to include: dark green veggies, orange veggies, starchy veggies, dry beans and peas)
Grains: 4 ounces (1 ounce is equivalent to: 1 cup of cereal flakes, 1 slice bread, 1 small muffin, cup cooked rice, 1 ounce dry pasta)(Choose whole grains whenever possible)
Meats and Beans: 3 ounces (1 ounce is equivalent to: 1 ounce lean meat/poultry/fish, 1 egg, cup cooked beans, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, ounce nuts/seeds (almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds))
Milk: 2 cups (1 cup is equivalent to: 1 cup milk/yogurt/soy milk, 1 ounces of cheese)(Choose low-fat or non-fat options whenever possible)
Oils: 4 teaspoons (1 teaspoon is equivalent to: 1 teaspoon butter, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (olive oil is preferred), 1 teaspoon low- fat mayo, 2 teaspoons light salad dressing)
Menu #1Breakfast (8am 9am) cup oatmeal1 cup yogurtblack coffee or herbal tea
Lunch (11am 1pm)1 slice whole wheat bread (cut in half)2 ounces tuna (in water only) Tomato, cucumber, lettuce (equivalent to cup total)1 teaspoon mayo + 1 teaspoon olive oil
Snack (3pm 4pm)1 cup of fresh fruit or 1 piece of fruit (apple, pear, plum, peach, etc)
Dinner (5pm 7pm)1 corn tortilla cup black beans cup salsa 1 ounces cheese cup shredded lettuce cup cooked rice
Menu #2Breakfast (8am 9am) Smoothie (blend together 1 cup berries + 1 cup soymilk and ice cubes)1 slice of toast1 teaspoon of butter
Lunch (11am 1pm)1 cup cooked grain (such as white rice, brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, millet, etc) cup vegetables (such as steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc)2 ounces of lean meat (roughly the size of deck of playing cards)
Snack (3pm 4pm)1 egg or ounce of nuts/seeds
Dinner (5pm 7pm)1 cups of leafy greens (salad mix or steamed kale)2 teaspoons light dressing1 ounces of cheese
Menu #3Breakfast (8am 9am) 1 cup high fiber cereal cup milk/soy milk1 banana
Lunch (11am 1pm)1 cup pasta cup vegetables or cup pasta sauce2 teaspoons of olive oil2 ounces of lean meat
Snack (3pm 4pm)1 cup raw carrot sticks/celery/green peppers
Dinner (5pm 7pm)6 crackers1 cup low-fat cottage-cheese ounce mixed nuts
TEN HELPFUL HINTS FOR DIETING SUCCESS:
Plan out your weekly meals in advance.
Drink 8 or more glasses of water per day. And drink at least one glass of water before every meal to help decrease appetite.
Avoid temptations! Clear out your fridge and pantry of all food items that can derail your diet plan.
Eat slowly; chew each bite thoroughly and put your fork down between bites. It takes approximately 20 minutes for your brain to recognize that you're full.
Cook for yourself at home and resist the urge of eating out.
Try new foods whenever possible; it allows opportunity to bring variety to an otherwise restricted diet.
Add spices or chiles to your food for a flavor boost that can help you feel satisfied.
Brush your teeth after each meal so you wont be tempted to snack.
Sleep 8 hours per night. Research shows that lack of sleep can stimulate appetite and lead to overeating.
Keep your eye on the ultimate goal!
THE BOOTCAMP EXERCISE PLAN
GET MOVING!Exercise is an important part of any weight loss program. Exercise not only helps to burn calories, but can also help to boost energy, improve mood and enhance quality of life. For the next 2-weeks, make a commitment to invest time for daily physical activity. We recommend moderate (not too strenuous) exercise such as walking and/or running. Because you will be on a low calorie diet, it is important not to overdo it! And if you are new to exercising, start slowly! Try taking a brisk walk for 15-25 minutes per day, and gradually build up to 30-40 minutes (or more) per day! In the long-term, exploring a variety of physical activities can help you stay active. Here are some options to keep you moving: biking, swimming, hiking (hills or stair climbing), dancing, weight lifting, gardening, team sports, etc.
Resources: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/aim_hwt.pdfhttp://www.choosemyplate.gov/This diet and exercise program is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult with your physician or other qualified health care provider before beginning any diet or exercise program and ask whether you are healthy enough to engage in this diet and exercise program. Never disregard, avoid or delay in obtaining medical advice from you doctor or other qualified health care provider concerning your health. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately.
Read more from the original source:
2-Week Diet & Exercise Plan | Applied Nutrition | Health Tips
- 4 Best Types of Exercise on the Keto Diet | Natural Healthy - October 12th, 2019
- Flat Belly Diet Drink | Lose Belly Fat in 1 Week | No Diet ... - October 12th, 2019
- How To Choose The Right Diet And Exercise Plan For Men - September 10th, 2019
- How to Exercise on a Keto Diet | KetoDiet Blog - August 21st, 2019
- Diet and Exercise Calendar Template | 2019 Calendar ... - August 3rd, 2019
- Nutrition, Exercise & Sleep - National Sleep Foundation - July 29th, 2019
- Top Four Ways to Exercise When on a Ketogenic Diet - July 13th, 2019
- Cherry Creek Medical Weight Loss - Colorado Weight Loss - June 5th, 2019
- Is Diet Really More Effective Than Exercise for Weight ... - June 5th, 2019
- Dementia: Exercise, diet, healthy lifestyle can prevent it ... - May 19th, 2019
- Diet and Exercise Tips For Incontinence URINARY ... - April 26th, 2019
- Is It the Diet, the Exercise, or Both? | NutritionFacts.org - April 17th, 2019
- How To Create The Perfect Diet Plan For Your Workout Goal - April 16th, 2019
- Diet + Fitness - CNN - April 3rd, 2019
- Diet vs. Exercise - Mindful by Sodexo - March 9th, 2019
- Diet vs. Exercise: The Truth About Weight Loss - WebMD - February 28th, 2019
- Is Exercise Pointless? (Why You Cant Out Train A Bad Diet) - February 10th, 2019
- Donald Trump's Physical Exam Shows Hes in 'Very Good ... - February 8th, 2019
- Can You Exercise While On The Keto Diet? | Bioketo - February 3rd, 2019
- CRON-diet - Wikipedia - January 17th, 2019
- Reverse PCOS Naturally Through Diet and Exercise | Sepalika - September 24th, 2018
- Diet and Exercise for Heart Disease Prevention - September 24th, 2018
- Diet & Exercise Diary: Hinkler books: 9781743087800 ... - August 6th, 2018
- The Fully Raw Diet: 21 Days to Better Health, with Meal ... - July 9th, 2018
- Diet, Exercise & Health | Fisher Center for Alzheimer's ... - June 5th, 2018
- PCOS and Exercise: How much and how often? | PCOS Diet Support - May 27th, 2018
- Should You Exercise While On The HCG Diet? - May 17th, 2018
- Diet or exercise for weight loss? - Business Insider - May 17th, 2018
- Dieting - Wikipedia - May 17th, 2018
- Successful Weight Loss: Top 10 Tips On ... - The Diet Channel - May 17th, 2018
- The relationship between diet and exercise Steven Low - April 28th, 2018
- Exercise and Eating Healthy - April 19th, 2018
- Diet Vs Exercise: Which Matters More For Weight Loss ... - January 12th, 2018
- Exercise and Anti Inflammation Diet to Live Longer - December 29th, 2017
- How To Lose Weight Fast Without Diet Pills Or Exercise - October 13th, 2017
- Benefit to improving diet and exercise at the same time ... - October 1st, 2017
- 3 Day Military Diet & Exercise: Best Workout Plan for ... - September 20th, 2017
- PCOS and Exercise - The Benefits | PCOS Diet Support - September 20th, 2017
- Diet and Exercise | County Health Rankings & Roadmaps - September 20th, 2017
- Not just diet and exercise: lifestyle changes needed to shed the kilos if you're overweight or obese - South China Morning Post - September 5th, 2017
- Weight loss: How to slim your waist without exercise or dieting ... - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- Weight loss news: Men find THIS type of exercise harder than women - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- Rebel Wilson weight loss: Pitch Perfect's 'Fat Amy' shed the pounds doing THIS exercise - Express.co.uk - September 5th, 2017
- 10 ways to build your best body starting today - Body and Soul - September 4th, 2017
- 5 Myths About Exercise Debunked - Inc.com - September 4th, 2017
- Start the Week Off Right: Four exercise and nutrition myths - Quad City Times - September 4th, 2017
- 5 common workout myths and what to do instead, according to the personal trainer who eats only 2 meals a day - Evening Standard - September 4th, 2017
- 30 ways to add years to your life that aren't 'diet and exercise' - WYFF Greenville - September 3rd, 2017
- Junk food fan's shock after learning his 'terrible' diet has aged his body by a staggering 22 YEARS - The Sun - September 3rd, 2017
- When diets fail, Rujuta Diwekar's exercise guide comes to the rescue - Economic Times - September 3rd, 2017
- Losing weight gets personal: Combining diet and behavioral changes may help - Washington Post - September 3rd, 2017
- Jessie James Decker Reveals the Fitness and Diet Secrets to Her Super Hot Bikini Body! - E! Online - September 1st, 2017
- Nathalie Emmanuel's Diet and Exercise Regime Helps Her On-Set Stamina - Hollywood.com - August 30th, 2017
- Weight loss: Man loses over three stone by swapping fizzy drinks for THIS - Express.co.uk - August 30th, 2017
- Nathalie Emmanuel's diet and exercise regime helps her on-set stamina - Belfast Telegraph - August 29th, 2017
- How I Got This Body: Less Fad Dieting and Diet Coke, More Seltzer and Fitspo Friends - Washingtonian.com - August 29th, 2017
- Cutting the carbs: Everything you need to know about the South Beach Diet - Atlanta Journal Constitution - August 29th, 2017
- Calorie reduction + exercise = better muscle function in older adults - Medical Xpress - August 29th, 2017
- Emilia Clarke's trainer reveals what she does to stay in such great shape - INSIDER - August 28th, 2017
- Weight loss diet: Eating THIS before exercise could affect how your body burns fat - Express.co.uk - August 28th, 2017
- Diet and exercise - Journal Advocate - August 28th, 2017
- The key to weight loss: THIS could be the best way to combat obesity - Express.co.uk - August 28th, 2017
- The only two exercises you need to do to get rid of belly fat fast - Daily Star - August 28th, 2017
- Weight loss: This is the best trick YOU can do to lose weight without even trying - Express.co.uk - August 27th, 2017
- 5 Easy Ways To Spring Clean Your Diet - Huffington Post Australia - August 27th, 2017
- Weight loss: THIS is the best exercise you can do at home to lose belly fat - Express.co.uk - August 27th, 2017
- A Coach's Wife: Trying to comprehend the mixed-up business of diet and exercise - Daily Herald - August 27th, 2017
- Tia Mowry on her 5-second style and why she'll never give up comfort foods - Yahoo Food - August 27th, 2017
- Report: Diet, Exercise Help Diabetics Maintain Normal Lifestyle - CBS Philly - August 26th, 2017
- Fit For Life: Train and Eat! Not - Exercise and Diet - GoLocalProv - August 26th, 2017
- Weight loss: How to lose weight and blast belly fat with walking - Express.co.uk - August 26th, 2017
- 83% of people lose weight on THIS diet without exercising - Daily Star - August 26th, 2017
- Bob Harper Shares All the Ways His Life Has Changed Following His Heart Attack - POPSUGAR - August 26th, 2017
- Intensive lifestyle change: It works, and it's more than diet and exercise - Harvard Health (blog) - August 21st, 2017
- Kristina Dropped 102 Pounds by "Doing Zero Exercise" in the First Year - POPSUGAR - August 21st, 2017
- 25-year-old supermodel Kate Upton says weightlifting completely changed her body and outlook on fitness - INSIDER - August 21st, 2017
- Jennifer Aniston Dishes on Her Diet and Exercise Secrets (Grab a Pen and Take Notes, People!) - Closer Weekly - August 20th, 2017
- Study: A red wine component has similar anti-aging benefits to diet and exercise - PhillyVoice.com - August 19th, 2017
- Health and exercise myths and tips - Inquirer.net - August 18th, 2017
- The Secret Behind Demi Lovato's Confidence and Happiness? This Routine - POPSUGAR - August 18th, 2017