Lemme start with a disclaimer.
I am no nutritionist. I just love the ketogenic diet. So, whatever I am stating is purely based on the research I have done.
When I started with the keto diet I was surprised that so many fruits are being taken out of the list. I really could not understand, why?
I am a fruit lover and relish just any kind of fruits. So it was hard for me to omit a certain bunch.
I love oranges and watermelons so I know how hard it was for me to give it up.
Fruits are definitely good while you are on a regular diet for the nutritional values.
But many fruits contain fructose in high amount andFructose is a BIG NO for keto.
The high fructose level in fruits gets metabolized in the liver which in turn turns into fat. This fat deposits around the abdomen (which is really hard to get off).
So the fruits which contain a high amount of fructose or sucrose leads to high carb diet and hence omitted from keto list.
So check out the low carb fruits which you can happily gulp down while in a keto diet.
Blackberries are reasonably low in carbohydrates. It contains only 4.9 grams of carbs per 100 gms.
Not only it is tasty but I like the blackberries more for its medicinal values.
Blackberries lower the blood glucose level and hence leads to a better cholesterol profile. It also provides the antimicrobial and antidiabetic effect.
Blackberries also reduce inflammation. This is where your stomach and waist starts to shrink ( Keto effect ) So,happily include it in a keto diet.
I love this fruit.
Really delicious and full of nutrients. And what I like most about it is, instead of being sweet and juicy, this fruit is quite low in carbs.
The loveliest part of strawberries is that I can make several keto desserts with it. Especially strawberry dipped in chocolate. Just too yummy for a keto diet.
You know, strawberries even protect our health with the bio-active compounds. It also improves our blood sugar levels.
Strawberry contains only 5.7 grams of carb per 100 gm.
Should I start with its carb content? Its only 1.8 grams of carbs for per 100 gm of avocado.
This is one of the amazing low carb fruits.
It is so delicious and can be combined with any type of keto salads.
It provides with many essential fats that are just perfect for a keto diet.
This fruit also comes with a large number of vitamins and minerals and improves our cardiovascular health.
Have you checked the keto recipes? You will find coconut in ample recipes. Whether its coconut milk or coconut creamed bars. Oh, I just love these bars. In fact, I like almost all the keto desserts.
There are other coconut items too like:
They are very useful in making low carb snacks as they themselves contain only 6.25 carbs per 100 gm.
Coconut contains a fairly large amount of medium chain triglycerides which are used by the body to produce instant energy.
Can you believe it that olives have only 1 gm of carbs for per 100 gm?
Yes, olive is one of the best low carb fruits available.
Not only it contains a high amount of good fat (You know how much fat is necessary for keto diet) but it also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
I love to put a good amount of olive pieces on my keto pizza.
Oh forgot to add that olives improve our bone health too. Yes, it is a win-win from every angle.
Lemons are just so common to use in any of the dishes. Not only it brings the tangy taste but lemons are loaded with hell amount of benefits too.
100 gms of lemon gives only 6 gm of carbs.
This tasty fruit has the highest amount of antioxidants and serves 5.4 grams of carbs per 100 gm of it.
I love to mix the raspberries with some buttercream. It tastes amazing and serves as a quick keto dessert.
This is a keto fruit which can be a bit tough to consume raw. It is sour.
So you can half dry it in the sun with sprinkles of salt over it.
But the benefits are innumerable.
Gooseberries are well known for their positive effect on skin and hair.
It also contains anticancer properties.
I can tell you about the endless benefits of this fruit but when it comes to keto then it is carb and sugar content that matters.
Gooseberries serve 5.9 grams of carbs per 100 gm. Quite reasonable.
Tomatoes and fruits? Well yes, it is.
Now tomato is a fruit which you can put in any recipes to bring the tangy taste. So when you are mixing it with other vegetables then our mind holds a perception that tomato is also a vegetable.
Even the tomato sauces are widely used.
Tomatoes also contain micronutrients and vitamins which improve our health condition.
It serves only 2.7 grams of carbs per 100 gm of it.
Starfruit is a delicious tropical fruit which is rich in vitamin C.
I love its crunchy yet juicy pulp.
It also carries a small amount of minerals and electrolytes. And yes starfruit is rich in antioxidants too.
It serves 4.2 of net carbs per 100 g
Lime and lemon are often confused with each other.
The difference between them is that lime has a higher concentration of vitamin C and other antioxidants.
It provides a net carb of 8.2 g per 100 g.
Though the carb content is a bit higher, limes keep your arteries cleaner and thus aids in better blood flow.
- Question about keto and metformin? MyFitnessPal.com - October 4th, 2019
- A Ketogenic Diet for Beginners The Ultimate Keto Guide ... - October 2nd, 2019
- Weight Loss, Loss weight fast, Diet Safely - Part 5 - September 12th, 2019
- Diabetes diet: Create your healthy-eating plan - Mayo Clinic - September 12th, 2019
- How Long Can Your Body Stay in Ketosis Safely? - September 12th, 2019
- How to diet - NHS - September 7th, 2019
- The Mayo Clinic Diet: A weight-loss program for life ... - September 6th, 2019
- The truth behind the most popular diet trends of the ... - July 27th, 2019
- Is the ketogenic diet safe for diabetics? ( ... - July 25th, 2019
- Ketosis for Seniors: What Should You Know? - Perfect Keto - July 22nd, 2019
- Is the Keto Diet Safe? How to Avoid Common Issues - June 21st, 2019
- drbdiet.com - Bernstein Diet & Health Clinics - May 21st, 2019
- What Is the Keto Diet (and Should You Try It)? Health ... - May 21st, 2019
- Calcium: An Important Mineral For Women - Women's Health - May 21st, 2019
- Beyonce Diet aka The Master Cleanse or Lemonade Diet - May 16th, 2019
- What should I feed my backyard chickens? RSPCA Knowledgebase - May 16th, 2019
- Eating a Plant-Based Diet: Safely Going Vegan | Nerd Fitness - April 25th, 2019
- Is the Ketogenic Diet Safe Long Term? Potential Dangers to ... - March 31st, 2019
- Weight loss: Choosing a diet that's right for you - Mayo ... - March 30th, 2019
- Ketogenic Diet Benefits (& How to Do It Right) | Wellness Mama - March 12th, 2019
- Are low carb diets safe to follow? | All Natural Ideas - March 12th, 2019
- Find Out How to Diet Safely - Food Without Fire - March 9th, 2019
- Keto Diet for Women: Food List & Tips to Overcome Side ... - March 8th, 2019
- HCG Diet | HCG Drops | HCG Diet Information | Your HCG - March 6th, 2019
- All About Cat Diets How and Why to Put Your Cat on a ... - February 12th, 2019
- Foods You Can Safely Eat Past The Due Dates | ActiveBeat - January 28th, 2019
- Is The Ketogenic Diet Safe for People with Diabetes? - Dr ... - December 20th, 2018
- Is the Keto Diet Safe? 4 Potential Dangers to Be Aware Of ... - December 19th, 2018
- Is the Keto Diet Really Safe? - thedailymeal.com - December 19th, 2018
- The Vegan Diet Done Safely - Parsley Health - November 18th, 2018
- Ketogenic diet: Is the ultimate low-carb diet good for you ... - October 31st, 2018
- Keto Diet Beginners Guide: Understanding the Ketogenic Diet - October 2nd, 2018
- Is the Keto diet Safe? 10 Myth-Busting Arguments for the ... - August 8th, 2018
- Diet - Safety Talk Ideas - August 6th, 2018
- The Carnivore Diet: Can Eating Only Meat Supercharge Your ... - August 1st, 2018
- Diet and Weight Loss Safety Tips (UPDATE: Jul 2018) | 2 ... - July 26th, 2018
- What Is the Keto Diet, and Is It Safe? - May 24th, 2018
- How to Safely and Effectively Come Off the Keto Diet ... - May 7th, 2018
- Care Guide: Diet - April 2nd, 2018
- Eat Wheat: A Scientific and Clinically-Proven Approach to ... - March 16th, 2018
- Can Probiotics Make It Safely To Your Intestines? - February 19th, 2018
- How to safely and healthily use supplements in your diet ... - February 17th, 2018
- Liquid Diet: Facts About Plans and Effectiveness - February 17th, 2018
- 11 Low Carb Vegetables That You Can Safely Eat on the ... - February 7th, 2018
- Is the Ketogenic Diet Safe for Everyone? - Diagnosis:Diet - January 20th, 2018
- Best Weight Loss Pills For Women Reviewed - Top 8 Best ... - December 25th, 2017
- Safe Diets and Healthful Weight Loss - healthline.com - November 6th, 2017
- Can I diet while breastfeeding? KellyMom.com - October 15th, 2017
- How to Use Diet Pills Safely: 12 Steps (with Pictures ... - October 13th, 2017
- How to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely (for Teen Girls) - October 13th, 2017
- Chinese red viagra sildenafil citrate - Viagra and red bull safe - Red ant viagra review - Black Hills Today - September 6th, 2017
- The What IF Plan: all you need to know about the new DNA weight loss programme - Evening Standard - September 6th, 2017
- Coca-Cola Offering $1 Million for Natural Sugar Substitute - Newsmax - September 6th, 2017
- 'Global event' in Ames this fall to focus on digital literacy - Radio Iowa - September 6th, 2017
- All the Apps and Websites You Need When You Have a Kid With Food Allergies - Lifehacker Australia - September 6th, 2017
- Cheap female viagra pills - Name of female viagra tablet - Twin Cities Arts Reader - September 4th, 2017
- 'Diet guidelines biased against poor nations' - The News International - September 4th, 2017
- World-renowned Alzheimer's expert takes state fair stage - KARE - September 4th, 2017
- 10 new nutrients you should be eating right away - DailyO - September 4th, 2017
- Why West's low-fat diet advice could be deadly for Asia's poor, because they'll likely eat even more carbs - South China Morning Post - September 2nd, 2017
- Battling the deerfly - Stowe Today - September 2nd, 2017
- Levitra professional mail order - Levitra professional pills - Laughlin Entertainer - September 2nd, 2017
- A Bountiful Assortment - PetProductNews.com - September 2nd, 2017
- Don't talk about diets in front of your daughters, deputy head at top London school warns parents - Evening Standard - September 1st, 2017
- Diet guidelines biased against poor nations: study - Capital FM Kenya (press release) (blog) - September 1st, 2017
- Sponsor spotlight: Harbor Square Athletic Club Healthy Lifestyle Tip good protein sources - My Edmonds News - September 1st, 2017
- Viagra soft tabs uk buy - Viagra soft tab generic - Forward Florida - September 1st, 2017
- The Most Weight You Can Safely Lose In A Month By Only ... - August 30th, 2017
- Diet guidelines 'biased against poor nations' - New Vision - August 30th, 2017
- Nutrition: Tips to a healthful State Fair - Duluth News Tribune - August 30th, 2017
- How does a high-salt diet affect your body? - Reports Healthcare - August 30th, 2017
- Healthcare Startup Claims It Can Defeat Diabetes With Nutrition Alone - Futurism - August 30th, 2017
- Buy kamagra soft usa - Forward Florida - August 30th, 2017
- Diet guidelines biased against poor nations: study - Geo News, Pakistan - August 29th, 2017
- Men who get fit in middle age can halve their risk of strokes - Telegraph.co.uk - August 29th, 2017
- Can you really lose your belly fat with just 15 minutes of HIIT a day? Yes. - Metro - August 29th, 2017
- Viagra capsule in hindi - Viagra capsules price in india - Laughlin Entertainer - August 27th, 2017
- Extension Connection: Petscaping Your Yard - Canton Daily Ledger - August 27th, 2017
- Ketogenic diet loved for fast results, but does it work? - Gears Of Biz - August 27th, 2017
- The case for complete streets - Prince Rupert Northern View - August 27th, 2017